• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

GrayFoxPL

CajoleJuice said:
Are you blind? They obviously are not.

Yeah. The fact the "poses" are the same doesn't mean the art is similar and good.

And besides I already said I like the in game stuff and can't wait for the game, but I'm not going to give anyone credit for that shitty select screen. :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Game looks much better in motion than I originally gave it credit for, so thats good! Some (many) things still piss me off, but eh, such is life.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
All this grief and anger =(

Come over to the Mario thread, guys. Lots of happiness and joy and all that. No?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
My guess is 99% of the haters that also have a decent HD set will go silent the moment they fire this up.

Really? Perhaps you prefer the old art style, and that's cool. I prefer the new one. Then again, I don't have an emotional attachment with SFII; I never to got to play SFII, and I started off with 3rd Strike.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ShinAmano said:
No the clit is real the female orgasm is the mystery...

But I will believe that is Q no matter what you say ;)

I have to ask.. who is Q? (i know he's supposed to be the guy in the background of ken's stage.. but who is he? why is he important?)

ShinAmano

drizzle said:
I have to ask.. who is Q?
Q is a character in 3rd Strike...looks like Inspector Gadget...in the original Ken Stage from SF2 there was a 'man on the boat' (for those who missed the clit reference :D ) that resembled Q...however it has neither been confirmed nor denied that the guy in Ken's stage is infact where capcom got the idea for the Q character.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Diablohead said:
So many people hate the art style, while it's interesting on what they are doing it's far from terrible.

I just dont get gaf sometimes.

Most of these people probably suck at Street Fighter anyway.

The same people who bitch and moan because 3s does have "good character designs". Well fuck you, thats just too bad then, I guess your yaoi fanfics will have to stay in the guilty gear universe then.

For the rest of us who actually like to PLAY street fighter instead of jerk off to character art, I'm glad they are taking this next step.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
haunts said:
Most of these people probably suck at Street Fighter anyway.

The same people who bitch and moan because 3s does have "good character designs". Well fuck you, thats just too bad then, I guess your yaoi fanfics will have to stay in the guilty gear universe then.

For the rest of us who actually like to PLAY street fighter instead of jerk off to character art, I'm glad they are taking this next step.

Man, youre bitter.

There may also be people who like art to look a certain way and ALSO play a whole shitload of Street Fighter, will more than gladly play some rounds with you once this comes out.

And I think the designs in 3rd Strike are fantastic as a whole, not as iconic as SF2, sure, but some really awesome stuff there (thongs aside) My whole beef with this HD remake as a whole is that theres more to good art than just sharper lines.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Raging Spaniard said:
There may also be people who like art to look a certain way and ALSO play a whole shitload of Street Fighter, will more than gladly play some rounds with you once this comes out.

No this is impossible.

Skilletor

I love the art. I love Street Fighter. I will have this on both ps3 and 360 (I will steal a share on ps3). I will play this a lot. I will be happy.

hyonoid

DigitalA1chemy said:
q.jpg

RORSCHACH ;(

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I was negative toward this at first, but the more I see, the more hyped I get. I'm very fucking excited about this. CANNOT WAIT.

When is it out again?

Aske

boutrosinit said:
I was negative toward this at first, but the more I see, the more hyped I get. I'm very fucking excited about this. CANNOT WAIT.

When is it out again?

I agree - all I want right now is some form of online enabled Street Fighter on the PSN, regardless of the artwork. This will release early next year.

Does anyone know if we can opt to play the game with the original graphics, like Double Dragon on XBL?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Aske said:
I agree - all I want right now is some form of online enabled Street Fighter on the PSN, regardless of the artwork. This will release early next year.

Does anyone know if we can opt to play the game with the original graphics, like Double Dragon on XBL?

I haven't heard anything about playing with original graphics but if my game look like DD with enhanced graphics I would want the original too :D

Aske said:

They've said you can't play the new version with the original graphics but it's coming with the original SSF2T to give you your fix.

Aske

Space A Cobra said:
They've said you can't play the new version with the original graphics but it's coming with the original SSF2T to give you your fix.

If the original game is thrown in as a bonus, I assume that means the 16:9 and online modes will only apply to the HD game. Ah well, I can live with that. The new artwork isn't exactly what I wanted to see, but I don't find it that distasteful.

mint

Banned
i know this is game is important, but man at these replies lol

wouldve been a riot if udon was doing art for sf4

haunts said:
I probably suck at Street Fighter anyway.

The same people who bitch and moan because 3s does have "good character designs". Well fuck me, thats just too bad then, I guess my yaoi fanfics will have to stay in the guilty gear universe then.

For the rest of you who actually like to PLAY street fighter instead of jerk off to character art, I'm glad they are taking this next step.

I fixed your post for you it was dead obvious you where trying to mask yourself in that description, I still don't get who's complaining that 3s may have "good character designs"...

Serious instead of moving to cheap insults take time to single out what's so great about the art or what you think looks so good, something yet to be heard.

Oh and the flames body animation looks off because the outlines are too sharp, if you look at the original sprites they have some really strong anti-aliasing going on which smooths everything out.

Whateves aside it would be cool if they included on the Extras the bonus levels from SF2.

KingJ2002

Shins said:
udon doing art for sf4
confirmed?

from what was said... the game is being made by capcom japan... so i'd assume they got some artist over there doing the promo art.

hopefully akiman.

OatmealMu

So...

A number of PSDs have been leaked for SSF2:HD. Some are finished, some aren't. Right now, I'm staring at E. Honda's unfinished crotch. Is this old news?

e1a0ed7e7ef871d91a065e29d52139b8.png

Dali

OatmealMu said:
So...

A number of PSDs have been leaked for SSF2:HD. Some are finished, some aren't. Right now, I'm staring at E. Honda's unfinished crotch. Is this old news?

e1a0ed7e7ef871d91a065e29d52139b8.png

New to me. How about posting some pics or linking to the rar.

OatmealMu

I haven't been following the game too closely, so I'm not sure if the ones I'm posting are new or not.

Vega, sans shading:
7b8f52ffe5ccb1a11688a7986d9ba532.png

Quick and dirty animation of Akuma:
e66841fec672b7e27b083490e006b011.gif

And I'm off to bed!

jett

D-Member
MicVlaD said:
That Akuma also doesn't look nearly as bad as the first shots they released of him.

He hasn't been shaded yet, that's why he looks better. The way they're shading the characters is what makes them look meh.

Raging Spaniard

jett said:
He hasn't been shaded yet, that's why he looks better. The way they're shading the characters is what makes them look meh.

Agreed, I like this non-shaded look better than their finished stuff. I also like the line quality, before they go and color the edges.

OatmealMu

Balrog:
433d2e550c02238ff74ca16406f7b0dd.png

Dhalsim:
84444be3289241025bfba2bde5a294b2.png

E. Honda with finished (?) head:
4dd5c156a02f2bdab946cf5bc3f0cf32.png

Fei Long:
9c3e58c41fdfca06d0a50304d7b815be.png

Zangief:
0404779cfdd62685c44f9cd79ca92237.png

I'll re-upload the zip file without a pass if the mods don't care.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
If the detail in Honda's head is what we can expect for entire characters at 1080p, you people need to stop with the complaining, seriously...

But I'm surprised that something like this could get leaked though, whoa...

Top Bottom