• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

Mr Jared

Having played it, my only concern at this point is whether or not people understand why the animation "sucks" and I don't think most people will. It looks amazing, but the animation is still strictly Super Turbo.

f@luS

More than a member.
street_fighter_II_snes_hadoken.jpg

omg teh hands !

KingJ2002

the hands in the fireball has always been there... i guess with the added detail its more noticable to you guys.

need to see some video... and the rest of the cast. it's been months now without direct feed.

they should have kept the life bars the same... these new ones suck.

Firestorm

I never noticed the hands before =(

Also, I thought this game was coming out or was already out. Stupid Official Thread with 1000 posts.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow didn't realize so many people never noticed the hands before.

I guess this is ammunition for the "mind blown" thread.

Kirk

It's only in certain frames, and it was always obvious if you saw the right frame. It's easier to see in the arcade than in the SNES version.

SFHF-Fireball.GIF

RyuSF3.JPG

KenSF.JPG

I'm really looking forward to this game. I have to say though, increasing the resolution really emphasizes the game's cartoony nature.

Ploid 3.0

Just when I have totally forgotten about this game and could rest. Now I'm wondering if it's coming out again. 09 believe. It seems as if they are making fluid animation like sf3 and the new kof, but that's not even the case. 2-4 man dev team I bet.

hmmm at the 512 on the fighter jet. :lol the number always indicated the amount of either colors onscreen or memory. i dont remember which one but yeah. they need to increase that i think. maybe 1080? :lol and :lol at people JUST noticing the hands.

mr_boo

I'll admit it. I've been playing SF since the old SF Arcade days and I've never noticed the hands in the Fireballs before. I blame my eyes, and it is like a dream or someone's messing with my reality. No need to hate...I'll get used to it.

Perdew

Fatghost said:
So when does Commandos 3 come out?

I guess Q1 '08, but now I'm anxious. I can't believe I'm going to pay for the beta for this. Is Commandos 3 (I guess it has some new name too) supposed to be any good?

Mr Jared

Perdew said:
I can't believe I'm going to pay for the beta for this.

Unless you end up liking Commandos, I wouldn't. Eight weeks of nothing but Ken vs Ryu on a single stage? I'm probably the biggest ST fanatic here and I'm already saying no thanks. I can wait, but then again, it's not like I'm not already playing ST anyway ;o

Perdew

alkaline black said:
Unless you end up liking Commandos, I wouldn't. Eight weeks of nothing but Ken vs Ryu on a single stage? I'm probably the biggest ST fanatic here and I'm already saying no thanks. I can wait, but then again, it's not like I'm not already playing ST anyway ;o

Well it's like, 8, 10 dollars? If I finally skip a weeks DLC on Rock Band I could totally justify it. Plus I'd probably play the beta more than I've been playing Trigger Heart Excelcia, sadly.

Then again maybe I should be rational.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
They seriously had to take the art from Street Fighter II GBA as base. I still don't like the way they look. :(

I'm a huge Street Fighter 2 fan and this whole fireball thing is shocking to me. I had no idea. However, what's more mindblowing to me is how common knowledge it is among people and how people expect everyone to know it.

Ferrio

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
what's more mindblowing to me is how common knowledge it is among people and how people expect everyone to know it.

Well it's not like the game hid it or anything. If you just took a second to look at a fireball.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Apparently they fixed the dumb thumbs on Ken/Ryu, but didn't change them in the fireball effect. smh

Oh my HAHAHAHHAHA!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Marty Chinn said:
I'm a huge Street Fighter 2 fan and this whole fireball thing is shocking to me. I had no idea. However, what's more mindblowing to me is how common knowledge it is among people and how people expect everyone to know it.

I'm still floored by the former and not the latter to be honest. How many hours have we all put into SF and the shotos specifically? A bajillion??

Ferrio said:
Well it's not like the game hid it or anything. If you just took a second to look at a fireball.

Is this not the case in Super Turbo cuz I'm playing it right now and I don't see it at all. I can't even begin the number of times I've looked at a fireball and have never seen it. Heck I even own arcade boards of SF2, SF2:CE, SF2:HF and SSF2T.

Mr Jared

Marty Chinn said:

It's only been in every Street Fighter ever.

It's only been used in official Capcom artwork from instruction manuals to marquees to art books.

The game has only been around for more than 15 years at this point.

Yeah, I'd say it should be common knowledge to anyone who has played the game for more than 10 minutes. I'd say I'm shocked that people don't know about it, but you know ... GAF and fighters.

Jim

:lol I can't believe so may people never noticed that before.
Of course the new art totally overdoes it. Looks like a copy/paste of his hands over a fireball now.

And, though I've been supporting the game from the getgo, it's starting to look a bit cheap and fanart-ish. The UI especially.

bob_arctor said:
I'm still floored by the former and not the latter to be honest. How many hours have we all put into SF and the shotos specifically? A bajillion??

Ya totally, but I guess what blows my mind is the fact that it looks like it was common knowledge and I still didn't know about it or ever heard about it before till now. At least the SMB cloud/bush thing, most people didn't know so of course nobody said it, but this seems like a lot of people knew and I never heard about it.

Ploid 3.0

hiryu said:
WTF, I've never noticed the hands in the fireball. This is like the revelation of the mario clouds and bushes.

This should go into that thread that revealed the mario clouds is the same sprites as the bushes just different color. "Game facts that will blow your mind" or something like that.

alkaline black said:
It's only been in every Street Fighter ever.

It's only been used in official Capcom artwork from instruction manuals to marquees to art books.

The game has only been around for more than 15 years at this point.

Yeah, I'd say it should be common knowledge to anyone who has played the game for more than 10 minutes. I'd say I'm shocked that people don't know about it, but you know ... GAF and fighters.

That's the thing, I've put by far way more hours into SF2 than any other game I've ever played. I played a ton at Sunnyvale Golfland. I own so many incarnations of the game and at one point was buying every version possible. I own multiple versions of the arcade boards and I used to run tournaments. I never once saw it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
My mind is blown by the hands. Am I the only one who thought that the black blocks in the fireball was a pair of sunglasses? I always thought the fireball was just chillin'

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jim said:
And, though I've been supporting the game from the getgo, it's starting to look a bit cheap and fanart-ish. The UI especially.

The UI drags it all down really. Could also because we're not used to seeing SF look this squeaky clean. As weird as it sounds, it could easily look "artificial" to some folk.

s24127_xb_1.jpg

OG screen for comparison.

Dali

This looks like it's going to be great. Of course they release the first near-complete direct-feed screencaps of Ken and Ryu (the only two designs that were accepted by most people). Only thing that looks off to me is the fonts used for all the HUD items.

When the hell are they going to actually start pushing this game? We still haven't even seen all the new sprites yet.

Ferrio said:
Wow didn't realize so many people never noticed the hands before.

I guess this is ammunition for the "mind blown" thread.

:lol

I've said this before but those threads make me feel like a genius with superhuman powers of perception. The fact that so many people don't notice some of this stuff (Diddy's Kong Quest, wtf really? ) is what's really "mind-blowing".

Top Bottom