• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Agent X said:
It's scheduled for early 2008 now.

Yeah, I like this a lot. It reminds me of the early 1990s, when Capcom started doing SF2 revisions (Champion Edition, Turbo, etc.), and those of us who were really into SF2 wanted to know what was being added or changed. The difference is that back then, we usually didn't find out until the game was released (or very close to it, if you followed some of the magazines), whereas here we're getting sneak previews of some of these alterations months in advance. It really stimulates interest, and makes me look forward to read the next blog entry to find out what they're doing to freshen up another character.

It's also good that Sirlin is posting changes periodically because you get to see the thinking behind each change (or non-change), and you can see the justifications for it. Some people are going to disagree with the changes made, but at least Sirlin is putting his argument out there for anyone to debate, which is a first for any fighting game, really.

aktham: yeah, it sounds like it, but honestly that's probably the best thing to do. Why punish a top-tier character for being top-tier? Keep them there and make minimal changes, and beef up the rest of the characters! Sounds like a good deal to me.

What the hell is going on with this game? It can't possibly take this long to put something like this out. And Capcom already has a video out for Bionic Commando HD. Something is fishy...

Mr Jared

needlesmcgirk said:
What the hell is going on with this game? It can't possibly take this long to put something like this out. And Capcom already has a video out for Bionic Commando HD. Something is fishy...

Welcome back to the world of hand-drawn, 2-D animation!

Dali

needlesmcgirk said:

Wtf? Why bump this to say that?! Maybe you should read the Sporsk thread for posters that don't post so good or whatever the name of it is. Way to get my hopes up for nothing.

ShinAmano

Grayman said:
have the blog posts about character changes kept up?

no, thats not good!
It has only been a little over a month since the last update...why is there nervousness about this game...

Am I missing something?

Ploid 3.0

alkaline black said:
Welcome back to the world of hand-drawn, 2-D animation!

At this point I just wish they went ahead and tried to make the original sprites look better like those emulated supernintendo games. The upscale thread comes to mind. This is just stupid how long it's taking. They could have made a whole $60 game by now.

I have a feeling this got canceled because SFIV is coming a lot sooner than Capcom anticipated. They don't want SFII to eat into the sales of SFIV.

Dali

You said cancelled, not delayed.

snack said:
That is what everyone said when the rumors of Brawl being delayed.

Let me clarify. Why would they cancel this? SFIV is supposedly a long way away. I'm sure by the time IV was released, IIremix wouldn't still be "stealing" sales if it were released sometime soon. If it isn't released soon they can always sit on it until sales from IV have died down.

RyanDG

snack said:
I have a feeling this got canceled because SFIV is coming a lot sooner than Capcom anticipated. They don't want SFII to eat into the sales of SFIV.

I honestly believe that Street Fighter IV and II Remix are attracting two different audiences. Also considering the limited scope of the II Remix project, I don't think Capcom is worried about any sort of cannibalization for Street Fighter IV.

Grayman

ShinAmano said:
It has only been a little over a month since the last update...why is there nervousness about this game...

Am I missing something?
I didn't know there was a ken update so the last update seemed further away. Still they did seem closer together than six weeks apart, even with a break at christmas.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
snack said:

dude, it will be like 10 bucks on PSN/XBL. :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
webrunner said:
They were coming one a week/two weeks before.. then stopped for the holiday.. then never came back. Weird..

Taken from Capcom USA's blog site:

Seth "s-kill" Killian Says:
January 18th, 2008 at 10:48 am

Yeah, this game is must-have if you liked the original–it really does keep the jumpless magic of the original.

As for ST HD Remix articles, we’ll have more eventually–they asked me to put a cork in it until we get closer to launch. I will have some good ST HD news coming for you in the near future, however. Stick around.

http://blog.capcom.com/archives/780

h3ro

CapKraig said:
We're also working on a few things for the game that haven't been announced yet.

Just PLEASE don't gimp the PS3 version of the game because of the XBL restrictions!

Give us full rendered 1080p everything and full original and remixed soundtracks! No upscaling please!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
h3ro said:
Just PLEASE don't gimp the PS3 version of the game because of the XBL restrictions!

Give us full rendered 1080p everything and full original and remixed soundtracks! No upscaling please!

Then slap Capcom around, make them put SF3: 3rd Strike into commission then get back to work. Then after that, Capcom vs. SNK 2. After that, slap SNK around and get some HD versions of their games coming. KOF '98 first please. :D

Dali

CapKraig said:
We're also working on a few things for the game that haven't been announced yet.

So how long of a break do you think you guys'll get before they put you to work on Final Fight HD Remix? :D

Agent X

h3ro said:

I absolutely agree with this.

If they're still adding content to the game, might I suggest the return of the classic SF2 bonus rounds? All the arcade versions of the SF2 series up to SSF2 had them, but they were removed when SSF2T was made. Some of those bonus rounds might make fun party mini-games if they could be played standalone, too.

Icarus

2259566762_794c1dd06d_o.jpg

The Blanka changes have been posted. For saying he was bottom tier, they didn't seem to change him too much (at least, not like T Hawk). Mostly changes in his roll attacks and his super.

http://blog.capcom.com/archives/872

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
h3ro said:

I agree with you man and for the hope of hopes they won't gimp the version of the PStriple.

Grayman

I've never been a fan of blanka nor have anyone i've met in person. Going by Dave's article they just removed some of the big weaknesses and maybe that was enough to make blanka decent.

GrayFoxPL

Grayman said:
I've never been a fan of blanka nor have anyone i've met in person. Going by Dave's article they just removed some of the big weaknesses and maybe that was enough to make blanka decent.

I wasn't a fan of him in the old days too. After playing him not long ago I found him very satisfing. So now I'm a fan. I love his art and animation. But only the sf2 series sprite - the alpha blanka looks beyond horrible.

Don't fuck him up Udon!

Top Bottom