• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Our turnaround involved the unveiling of the wildcat (good for one use) and a season-ending Brady injury. But yeah, the 2008 Fins hold the record for greatest turnaround by Win % from one season to the next.

I honestly think the Phins are a talented team and a QB away froma ptoential playoff birth.

But I'm a crazy Lions fan, what do I know?

GCQuinton

Panthers 1st Round Pick (13th overall) is on the block.

Looking for a second AND third round pick, but feel free to come to me with packages to even it out.

Breaking news!

-Jags first rounder is off the table(keeping it)

-Marcedes is still on the block
looking for edge rushers or picks
95ovr, A pot, only 29!

-Kampman CUT

TheCrow

WR Eric Decker 82
RE/DT Jared Odrick 78
LE Robert Ayers 75
MLB Quan Sturdivant 77
CB Syd'Quan Thompson 73

Looking to trade for picks.

lol at a 78 rated MLB being worth more than a 91 rated CB

Second round pick probably gets you a B Pot MLB that is less progressed. It's situational, the league decided Asante's value, idc what you fools say. CB has 3 probowl corners and asante isn't one of them. If you even thought about acquiring a corner this offseason you should've checked his value.

Ramirez

lol at a 78 rated MLB being worth more than a 91 rated CB

Well, as DCX pointed out to me, it's basically a 3rd rounder. Don't let the OVR 78 fool you, the guy has 99 tackling and mid 90s block shedding, 80s ACC. Not that great at speed, but I need a MLB, and the draft doesn't have many good ones, and even less likely the good ones will be there when it comes my turn. I also don't have the money to sign one in FA, so it works for me.

Smokey

BREAKING NEWS

The Houston Texans and New York Jets have come together for a major trade.

Jets:

Mark Sanchez

Texans:

First rounder
Second rounder
Brian Waters RG (80)

The trade has already moved through the Shadow Council and has been approved by 4/6 members.

The addition of Mark Sanchez will give the Texans a QB who can take them to the next level. The Texans made a bold move after Season 1 when they released QB Matt Schaub. Schaub was top 5 QB in passing yards, with Andre Johnson listed as the #1 receiver by yards and TDs.

The Texans hope that Sanchez will be able to replicate those same numbers. Matt Leinart grew tremendously under Coach Smokey, but ultimately his potential as a quataback was maxed out. Coach Smokey says "I am excited to have Mark Sanchez as my quataback. Hopefully he quickly learn our system and get us over the hump and back to a SupaBowl"

DCX

DCX
Smokey: its a done deal
Smokey: im glad to have a quataback again
DCX: OMG i have to quote this for the GM of the Year award
DCX: lol
dboythaGr8: :cool:

bbbbbbbut I needed to shed money. I can win with Lionheart :)

feels good mang.

DCX

Smokey

Texans making knee jerk reactions to try and keep up with the Steelers, more at 11.

Knee jerk? Please. If I had a more competent QB you would've lost that game. You saw first hand how much Leinart was missing receivers.

Now with a decent QB I can replicate the TwinHead offense when needed.

DCX

DCX
The Atlanta Falcons would like to welcome FS Nate Allen to the fold. Yet another piece to what Gm DCX hopes is a playoff team.

The Falcons will like to thank FS Kendrick Lewis for his hard work and dedication. The Falcons also sent a third round pick.

Falcons are in the middle of completing a deal with the Super Bowl champs for MLB Akeem Dent for a second rounder.

DCX

Smokey

bbbbbbbut I needed to shed money. I can win with Lionheart :)

feels good mang.

DCX

Did you notice I was playing in my second consecutive AFC Championship while you were sitting at home?

Or were you too busy thinking of deals that would let you sniff the first round?

Cutting Schaub let me sign Lee Evans, and resign Tony G. I now have a QB that is comparable to Schaub in terms of attributes, but have added a nice secondary WR and another beast TE in Tony. Oh and Sanchez is making 4 million versus Schaub's 8 million.

So yes...I did just fine.

Ferny

Jets getting some picks and shedding about 4 mill from getting rid of Sanchize. Got almost 20 million in cap space to make a move and rebuild thru the draft.

I honestly think the Phins are a talented team and a QB away froma ptoential playoff birth.

But I'm a crazy Lions fan, what do I know?

That's exactly what I'm saying actually. Remember, you could say the same thing about the 49ers just last year. Maybe we're just a coach away. Moore isn't Brady, but he might be Alex Smith good.

bluemax

Banned
I've been saying this since that bum from USC was drafted. Sanchez is Leinart 2.0.

Leinart was a three year starter with limited physical skills who fell in the draft and got kind of screwed in Arizona.

Sanchez has way more physical ability but barely played in college and got drafted too high.

Other than both being USC QBs I don't see the comparison.

Leinart was a three year starter with limited physical skills who fell in the draft and got kind of screwed in Arizona.

Sanchez has way more physical ability but barely played in college and got drafted too high.

Other than both being USC QBs I don't see the comparison.

Busts.

eznark

Banned
For Immediate Release: In addition to giving a middle finger to the league, GM and team president eznark would like to say fuck you to the Bilderberg's that are running the show and announce the following moves:

Trade:
Packers get
Akeem Ayers
Titans 3rd

Titans get
Charles Woodson

Signings:
Scott Wells
Sam Shields
Chad Clifton
Tanner Morley
Takeo Spikes
Brad Jones

Cut:
Lang
Masthay
Wynn
Zombo
Henderson
Peprah
Walter

$13.7 million in cap room! Time to make a FA splash.

Also congrats FMT and good luck Welli...not looking forward to tomorrow.

The following trade is Council approved.

Panthers get:

My 2nd round, pick 13
My 3rd round, pick 7
CB Randall Gay (72)

Dolphins get:

Your 1st, pick 13
CB Josh Thomas (76)

GCQ,
I can't trade you the second rounder because LM is cray. I'll be here to make your pick, you're gonna be at the draft right?

bluemax

Banned
For Immediate Release: In addition to giving a middle finger to the league, GM and team president eznark would like to say fuck you to the Bilderberg's that are running the show and announce the following moves:

Trade:
Packers get
Akeem Ayers
Titans 3rd

Titans get
Charles Woodson

Signings:
Scott Wells
Sam Shields
Chad Clifton
Tanner Morley
Takeo Spikes
Brad Jones

Cut:
Lang
Masthay
Wynn
Zombo
Henderson
Peprah
Walter

$13.7 million in cap room! Time to make a FA splash.

Also congrats FMT and good luck Welli...not looking forward to tomorrow.

Isn't it going to take most of that $13.7 million to sign your rookies?

Riiiiight, USC is factory that produces mediocre talent at the most important position in the NFL. Carson Palmer is the exception?

Tim Tebow is Rex Grossman 2.0 because both went to Florida and are mediocre QBs.

GCQuinton

The following trade is Council approved.

Panthers get:

My 2nd round, pick 13
My 3rd round, pick 7
CB Randall Gay (72)

Dolphins get:

Your 1st, pick 13
CB Josh Thomas (76)

GCQ,
I can't trade you the second rounder because LM is cray. I'll be here to make your pick, you're gonna be at the draft right?

Yeah, I'll be around so you can let me know who you want with that first rounder. You'll only really be drafting that third round pick for me because the second round one is the one from our other trade, so I'm essentially getting that one back.

Tim Tebow is Rex Grossman 2.0 because both went to Florida and are mediocre QBs.

Here's a list of USC QBs to grace the NFL and their greatest individual awards. Palmer is the exception, remember

Matt Cassell (Pro-Bowl selection which really belongs to Belichick)
Mark Sanchez (3x Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week)
Matt Leinart (Heisman winner, NCAA all-american)
Carson Palmer (2005 AFC Player of the Year)
Rob Johnson (Heisman Candidate, Superbowl backup)
Todd Marinovich (AFL All rookie team, gets addicted to drugs)
Rodney Peete (Second in Heisman voting, lost to Barry Sanders. Career backup pretty much.)
Sean Salisbury (Lead the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to a Grey Cup victory)
Vince Evans (Only Bears player to have a perfect QB rating in a game, single game award is all he gots)
Pat Haden (1x Probowl selection)

Pat Haden from the 70s was okay too supposedly, but USC is a middling QB factory.

eznark

Banned
Anyone want Mason Crosby for a 6th? If not, I'm just going to cut him and take the 30% hit. I'd also take a WR in the low 70's or something.

bluemax

Banned
Here's a list of USC QBs to grace the NFL and their greatest individual awards. Palmer is the exception, remember

Matt Cassell (Pro-Bowl selection which really belongs to Belichick)
Mark Sanchez (3x Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week)
Matt Leinart (Heisman winner, NCAA all-american)
Carson Palmer (2005 AFC Player of the Year)
Rob Johnson (Heisman Candidate, Superbowl backup)
Todd Marinovich (AFL All rookie team, gets addicted to drugs)
Rodney Peete (Second in Heisman voting, lost to Barry Sanders. Career backup pretty much.)
Sean Salisbury (Lead the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to a Grey Cup victory)
Vince Evans (Only Bears player to have a perfect QB rating in a game, single game award is all he gots)
Pat Haden (1x Probowl selection)

Pat Haden from the 70s was okay too supposedly, but USC is a middling QB factory.

And? That doesn't make your comparison any less lazy.

Should we compare Reggie Bush and Marcus Allen since USC is a RB factory and they both played RB for USC? Maybe we should compare LenDale White and OJ Simpson!

Top Bottom