• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I like how Bob is getting all up in arms about me breaking the rules when even the guy I played said it would have been fine by him. I also went for it on 4th down from my own side of the field when it was 28-7 in the third quarter.

bluemax

Banned
Fuck this shit. I hate how impossible it is to win road games.

Sam Bradford 25-27 passing he also had a 20 yard run that was really more like a 40 yard run given how fucking far back he was in the backfield.

pocket evasion moves are still controlled with the right stick aren't they? Pretty sure every qb can do it if it's timed right.

This isn't quite what I'm talking about but I'm gonna leave it at that.

Colasante

Fuck this shit. I hate how impossible it is to win road games.

Sam Bradford 25-27 passing he also had a 20 yard run that was really more like a 40 yard run given how fucking far back he was in the backfield.

It's especially crazy considering Bradford had 0 TDs, 5 INTs playing in Seattle earlier in the season.

LukeSmith

Yo, if someone is fucking you with their QB on scrambles or rollouts, just audible your DE on the side he rolls out (everyone has their preferences [Wellie rolls right like Konex, GCQ dresses left]) just contain your DE on that side or spy him on that side.

If you have slow fucking DEs, just put your back-up LB who should be faster and contain/spy with him.

Also, if you're playing someone who rolls right and throws to their TE a ton, just hook zone the DE/LB over the TE, slide your Line to the strong side, move your DE to DT.

So now in a 4-3 you have this as your front four.

RDE DT LDE LB

LB goes into a hook zone and takes away the first read for the QB at TE, LDE either spies or contains, reblitz the DT down and let the RDE rush.

You could also spy with the RDE so you're really only rushing 1, but the middle of the field feels more clustered and scary to throw into.

Sanjuro

Yo, if someone is fucking you with their QB on scrambles or rollouts, just audible your DE on the side he rolls out (everyone has their preferences [Wellie rolls right like Konex, GCQ dresses left]) just contain your DE on that side or spy him on that side.

If you have slow fucking DEs, just put your back-up LB who should be faster and contain/spy with him.

Also, if you're playing someone who rolls right and throws to their TE a ton, just hook zone the DE/LB over the TE, slide your Line to the strong side, move your DE to DT.

So now in a 4-3 you have this as your front four.

RDE DT LDE LB

LB goes into a hook zone and takes away the first read for the QB at TE, LDE either spies or contains, reblitz the DT down and let the RDE rush.

You could also spy with the RDE so you're really only rushing 1, but the middle of the field feels more clustered and scary to throw into.

Fuck you.

Sanjuro

I've been getting better at making adjustments. Still I feel like I'm too slow or awkward at using the quick settings before the snap and usually too late.

I can't wait until we are all playing this on the Wii U. I'm just going to mash the QB's ankle on the touch screen hoping it will explode on the big screen.

TheCrow

Against DM, I accidentally put my CB instead of my RE into QB spy. Couldn't correct it fast enough and I gave up a 50+ TD pass on 3rd and long. :/

McNei1y

I don't even know how to make adjustments like that on defense unless its to change my DE into QB Spy. :\

Levious, are we still on for 6ish?

Mrbob

I get the Bradford experience next in St Louis. At least it is in a dome though so balls won't fly 30 yards over receivers heads.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How do you guys have any kind of success on D without making adjustments and without having an OP defense?

I think you have to be able to produce a counter to everything your opponent is going to throw at you, contain their top weapons, and consistently attack the pocket. If you don't diversify on D your opponent is going to wreck you, the game is too offensive.

I'm not going to go into specific examples but there is no way you should let the other team score more points in the second half than they do in the first. By then you should have seen everything.

LukeSmith

I'm not going to go into specific examples but there is no way you should let the other team score more points in the second half than they do in the first. By then you should have seen everything.

I feel like I almost always score more in the second half than in the first.

LukeSmith

What I mean is that after the guy you're playing shows you his cards you should be able to outplay him, on O or D?

Yeah, against Pheenix I went into the half down 14-0 to him. He was doing a good job with zone reads in the pass game, so I just ran cover 0 all second half and blitzed the shit out of him and then he forgot about his running game

How do you guys have any kind of success on D without making adjustments and without having an OP defense?

I think you have to be able to produce a counter to everything your opponent is going to throw at you, contain their top weapons, and consistently attack the pocket. If you don't diversify on D your opponent is going to wreck you, the game is too offensive.

When can ph33 and I sign up for the Wellington Defense 101 academy?

In all honesty I should be more upset at myself for not figuring out how to stop throwing so damn many interceptions.

My problem too :(

Any1 want to scrim? Was spose to be going to the Panthers-Wild game but the person who invited me is now at the hospital cause his girl broke her hand after falling off her bike, :jnc.

Sokantish

I figured out how to not throw any interceptions in my game against Ram, just make sure they just drop all the interceptions they were about to catch, it's easy. It still didn't help me win though...

It starts with running three DEs in your front four
DE DT DE DE

Do you even have 3 DEs on that Jags Roster 'Shake? You gotta rebuild that team in the offseason

I do now, yes. Thanks to bluemax.

I think i have 3 DE's and 4 DT's now. I really dont know the first thing about building a roster in madden. I dont know what the most important attributes are for the players. i always try to find the most rounded players with good ratings but i see others build teams with nothing but speed. Or people that go with just a few high payed superstars.

I still don't think my roster is that bad. You can't look on LM because its not accurate. I actually have more players than what LM shows because i had to sign some quick in game cause LM was being gay. I'm going to fix it today hopefully.

I think my problem is that my defensive scheme is about as vanilla as it gets. Wellie helped me out with a few tips for manufacturing pressure and it helped alot... but my overall scheme is still not very good. I dont make any adjustments presnap aside from my DL... LB's CBs get no love. I feel i have just enough time to make 1 or two adjustments to my DL before the snap.

Add to all this that i throw lots of picks with some unfortunate fumbles and you have a recipe for 0-25 or whatever the fuck my record is so far lol

BigAT

I really wish that number of snaps was a stat that was recorded somewhere. It is difficult, if not impossible, to properly evaluate the individual efficiency of my defensive linemen without it since I rotate them so frequently.

TheCrow

I really wish that number of snaps was a stat that was recorded somewhere. It is difficult, if not impossible, to properly evaluate the individual efficiency of my defensive linemen without it since I rotate them so frequently.
Doesn't that show up in the stats on the console?

bluemax

Banned

Its on the player stats screen and games played I believe. Only on the console though, not on league manager.

I rotate my defensive linemen a lot, and since I use the Houston defensive playbook which has DEs playing as DTs in some formations it makes things kind of interesting.

My second round pick Augustin is actually a better OVR at DT than DE.

LiveWire

DM....if you can see this....stay alive.....I will find you......online tonight anytime after 6PM Pacific!

pk_color_hawkeye.jpg

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
gg levious. AP would just not go anywhere today. ~50 yards in like 22 attempts. Your run D was all over the place.

except first down on your final drive! Had peterson in the backfield and just missed. Real good game though. I gotta stop throwing picks. One was a nice user pick though.

BigAT

Its on the player stats screen and games played I believe. Only on the console though, not on league manager.

I rotate my defensive linemen a lot, and since I use the Houston defensive playbook which has DEs playing as DTs in some formations it makes things kind of interesting.

My second round pick Augustin is actually a better OVR at DT than DE.

So it does. Not especially convenient, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Top Bottom