• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NBA 2k6 Season I Thread: Konex is my Kopilot.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
Fif fears True??!

Since I have such a long layoff, can someone magically heal Duncan plz?

Duncan is hurt? :D Nice. Now I'm chomping at the bit.

I've only seen Fifty on AIM once over the past couple of weeks and that was Thursday when I was outta town. We were supposed to play some games today. But I haven't seen him around.

Maybe tomorrow night.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Truelize said:
Duncan is hurt? :D Nice. Now I'm chomping at the bit.

I've only seen Fifty on AIM once over the past couple of weeks and that was Thursday when I was outta town. We were supposed to play some games today. But I haven't seen him around.

Maybe tomorrow night.
He's been in and out #ga all day.
And about Duncan, You gotta know, he's not the focus of my team, but since I've learned the joy of using the shot stick in the hole, that changed but I digress. You still can't Lebron me to death. I got hired hitmen for days.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
He's been in and out #ga all day.
And about Duncan, You gotta know, he's not the focus of my team, but since I've learned the joy of using the shot stick in the hole, that changed but I digress. You still can't Lebron me to death. I got hired hitmen for days.

I don't even think Lebron has led my team in scoring more than a couple of times throughout the season. I play a pretty well rounded game now actually.

And unlike yourself..... I play manual D. :D

jobber

^^^I whip your head boy! (you know I will)

But I digress...
Has anyone played this game in franchise mode on Hall Of Fame settings?
Is it me or does the CPU controlled team have SUPER speed? I had fucking centers running back on D on fast breaks faster than Tony Parker. Meanwhile, my PF and C run like a fucking tank. Then you have these games where the CPU will beat you no matter what you do. Ex. I just played the Bobcats(Rated 60) vs. Spurs(Rated 95). I went up 16-4 and then the CPU took the lead and ran with it. They shot a fucking 79%. It wasn't easy layups either. It was fucking Omeka running at top of the key, spinning 5-6 times, and doing fade away jumpers. I had a fast break with Van Exel, Omeka is like 5 feet behind (>_<) and when I go to lay the ball up, he steals the ball. I sent it to OT and scored 4 points while the CPU scored(not making this up) 23 in 3 minutes. I nearly took the Madden sledgehammer to this game.

Edit: WTF. It might be a glitch. My next game vs. the Mavs (Rated 84) I beat them by 60 points I had to check the settings to make sure it was the same and it was.

v v v I've had Jason Richardson go for 58 on me. I had double teams on him and he still made baskets.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
^^^I whip your head boy! (you know I will)

But I digress...
Has anyone played this game in franchise mode on Hall Of Fame settings?
Is it me or does the CPU controlled team have SUPER speed? I had fucking centers running back on D on fast breaks faster than Tony Parker. Meanwhile, my PF and C run like a fucking tank. Then you have these games where the CPU will beat you no matter what you do. Ex. I just played the Bobcats(Rated 60) vs. Spurs(Rated 95). I went up 16-4 and then the CPU took the lead and ran with it. They shot a fucking 79%. It wasn't easy layups either. It was fucking Omeka running at top of the key, spinning 5-6 times, and doing fade away jumpers. I had a fast break with Van Exel, Omeka is like 5 feet behind (>_<) and when I go to lay the ball up, he steals the ball. I sent it to OT and scored 4 points while the CPU scored(not making this up) 23 in 3 minutes. I nearly took the Madden sledgehammer to this game.

Edit: WTF. It might be a glitch. My next game vs. the Mavs (Rated 84) I beat by 60 points I had to check the settings to make sure it was the same and it was.

I actually moved down a level from HoF setting in my association mode because the computer was totally unpredictable. I find that the next highest setting is more balanced. The teams push and work hard and run the freakin SF off every pick possible but they play more realistically. It sucks that I had to restart my association mode several times to find the right slider mix.
I do find that the really bad teams tend to get messed up more than the good teams. Chris Paul has had a career night against me and I played them in the first game of the season (his first pro game ever) but then play against a powerhouse team and I kill them.

jobber

*sips lemonade*

you girls still haven't finished a series yet

*yawn*

I'll swat you down like flies

jobber

Truelize said:
Do I get to advance? Fifty either has me blocked on AIM or he's super busy lately and never around.

win your games like a man!

go play ColdBlooded best of 5...if you lose, you don't make the next round...if you win, you'll still lose to me

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
win your games like a man!

go play ColdBlooded best of 5...if you lose, you don't make the next round...if you win, you'll still lose to me

I can play Cold? How does that work? Didn't you already play him? Why does he get a second chance?
My record is good enough for a bye. :D

jobber

Truelize said:
I can play Cold? How does that work? Didn't you already play him? Why does he get a second chance?
My record is good enough for a bye. :D

I swept Cold. It's all part of my gameplan. Even if I'm down in the 4th, I stick to the plan and it works out. Cold, however has played all the games he could and is still around unlike Fif. :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
I swept Cold. It's all part of my gameplan. Even if I'm down in the 4th, I stick to the plan and it works out. Cold, however has played all the games he could and is still around unlike Fif. :D

But Cold has been eliminated. He doesn't get a second chance. This isn't a round robin.

You will play me as soon as Konex advances the playoffs. If you are going to make it to the finals you will have to play two different opponants man.

jobber

Truelize said:
But Cold has been eliminated. He doesn't get a second chance. This isn't a round robin.

You will play me as soon as Konex advances the playoffs. If you are going to make it to the finals you will have to play two different opponants man.

do I smell a challenge? you're going down cav boy

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

I'm sorry.

*leaves thread*

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I can play on Saturday Jobber. Maybe we can get two games in at a time over the weekend.

I'm out of town from tonight till Saturday afternoon (about 4 est). I'll message you when I get back.

jobber

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH HA HAAAAAAA

You're just coming back home to be beat down. Stay on vacation.

jobber

Truelize said:
I can play on Saturday Jobber. Maybe we can get two games in at a time over the weekend.

I'm out of town from tonight till Saturday afternoon (about 4 est). I'll message you when I get back.

rjf_rooster3.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize said:
:lol

I'll sport the avatar if you make me one.

tupac.jpg

I have a better one but im afraid if i post it people will think your someone else that used to post here.

jobber

So chicken....when will you stop running from me? I promise it'll be quick and painful.

If you like, we can play a exhibition game to get warmed up. I'll be a shitty team and you can pick the Pistons. Doesn't matter to me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
So chicken....when will you stop running from me? I promise it'll be quick and painful.

If you like, we can play a exhibition game to get warmed up. I'll be a shitty team and you can pick the Pistons. Doesn't matter to me.

Sorry I haven't been around man. Work, Ghost Recon and life have gotten in the way. Wife is outta town till Sunday though so I should be able to play some this weekend. I'm going out to a movie tonight but if I get home at a decent hour I'll message you and we'll get a game in.
If not tonight (Thurs) then Saturday it is.

Don't worry about a warm up. We'll just go at it.

jobber

Truelize said:
Sorry I haven't been around man. Work, Ghost Recon and life have gotten in the way. Wife is outta town till Sunday though so I should be able to play some this weekend. I'm going out to a movie tonight but if I get home at a decent hour I'll message you and we'll get a game in.
If not tonight (Thurs) then Saturday it is.

Don't worry about a warm up. We'll just go at it.
pedopounce.gif

me = bear

jobber

i've given you over 2 weeks and you still run from me like Bron runs from the last shot.

declare me the champ.

make it happen sanitary napkin

Top Bottom