• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ok GAF, sell fallout 4 to me

Rottmer

Neo Member
Its the weakest entry in the series. It was devolved from a competent role-playing game to a decent FPS with optionsl survival aspects. You are much better off playing New Vegas if you value dialogue, RPG mechanics, and things that made Fallout good over just another open world first person shooter.

Just don't buy it.

It is a gigantic piece of shit.

I can't in good faith, or honesty sell you that game.

Buy New Vegas instead, and then mod the shit out of it if you want.

My first fallout, and probably my last, fell for the hype

• Graphics are terrible for the most part
  • Performance is abysmal
  • Controls/shooting are solid but not fantastic
  • So many bugs with companions e.t.c
  • Menus e.t.c are terrible and cumbersome
  • Quests/dialogs are pretty boring

I did have some fun with the exploration side of things and the world/story , but all of the above just gradually starts weighing you down.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
"ok GAF, sell fallout 4 to me".

I would have, but I already sold it to someone else. Glad I got most of my money back on that game...

not a big fan of first person games but i enjoy some of them, DEUS EX HR is one example.
i did sort off semi enjoy skyrim.
im a big graphics critique person.
i play on PC.

come at me GAF, why should i play fallout 4?

If you are willing to compromise on graphics you should play Arx Fatalis, wonderful first-person RPG. Made by the Dishonored guys in the early days.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The crafting system is worth $20 at least, I'll buy it when it hits that price just to build houses.

Do any of the expansions improve on crafting?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The only reason I can think of why you would want to play it is if you like the general gameplay of Fallout 3/NV and want better visuals than what they offer. The story was a little interesting at first but in the end I felt it was a let down. The dialogue and stat system is terrible. Dialogue you have 4 options and it isnt really clear what exactly you're going to say. Stats is more confusing than it needs to be.

The game sure does look better than previous games of course but runs like crap. Maybe they've improved it since I stopped playing but I was getting HUGE frame drops on PC. From 60fps to 20fp. I had to drop settings to low/medium. Turning down godrays and shadow distance made a huge difference. You could see the shadows rendering right infront of you. I ended up installing a mod to adjust distance dynamically so when the system could handle it then it would increase and lower when it couldn't. Even with that I was still getting drops to about 45-50fps but better than 20fps!

I have no idea why bethesda thought it was OK to release the game in that state. Anyway if you really want to play it then I'd wait until the inevitable GOTY edition and wait until it becomes dirt cheap during a Steam sale. Until then go play the older games. I'm going back to New Vegas.

Linkup

As someone who has played a bit of FO3 and Skyrim and was interested in FO4, but didn't follow the hype or launch. I have no clue what most here are talking about. It's pretty much what I expected visually and I'm maxing it on a 980Ti. Storywise it's in line with what I expected, pretty typical RPG gaming stuff. The environment has a few surprises and the combat is definitely more polished than before, but can be difficult without the right weapon. You're probably going to use quickload often. UI is still a bit of a mess.

If you didn't follow the hype and a Skyrim in post apocalyptic setting with nicer graphics sounds interesting then you'll probably like it.

Top Bottom