• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

youta

I was active on OKC for three months a couple of years ago, and dated a few girls. The last one was actually really nice, but by then I had met (outside OKC) the girl who was to become my current GF. Overall it was a good experience (link)

It's been going terrific. I'm almost positive she's my ex, but, I have no proof and it's been so long nobody remembers.

Date has been moved to tomorrow, because, she won't have a car on Saturday. She's taking me to some hole in the wall Mexican restaurant at some bizarre rundown strip center. She swears it's good. I asked her "Whats a little girl like you doing in gunspoint? :p" and she only says "Trust me! it's not so bad if you keep your head down. It's gotten a lot better here. I found this place a few years back when me and my friends got into a wreck over here. We were hungry and the owner offered us a free meal". <_<

I wonder should I bring protection? Like a gun or something. This is not an area of town I want to visit without a gun. My father worked this area (he's a police officer) for 5 years and saw a lot of bad things. A few years ago some gang bangers murdered a cop here and ever since it's gotten a bad rep. I've had friends who have been mugged here in broad daylight. My sisters friend was carjacked right next to the mall before.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I wonder should I bring protection? Like a gun or something. This is not an area of town I want to visit without a gun. My father worked this area (he's a police officer) for 5 years and saw a lot of bad things. A few years ago some gang bangers murdered a cop here and ever since it's gotten a bad rep. I've had friends who have been mugged here in broad daylight. My sisters friend was carjacked right next to the mall before.

Only dudes who AREN'T pussies GET pussies, nahmean.

DiscoJer

So you don't know if she's your ex or not? How does that happen?

While it didn't happen on OKCupid, on another dating site I thought I saw an ex of mine - same name, same height, same location, same body type, and while it wasn't a picture I recognized, it sure looked like her in the photograph she posted (Black hair, glasses, sort of the Lisa Loeb type). Same interests, too.

So I sent her a completely ridiculous message as a joke (we parted on friendly terms). And it wasn't her!

D'oh.

Anyway, it's hard to tell just from a dating profile

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've never "junk mail'd" a chick that wasn't asking for it.

I have tucked back and sent a pick of that to a good female friend of mine, but I did that shit because I love her and it was her birthday and I shaved my pubes and wrote "have a happy birthday gurlfren" on my pelvis.

I know she's a good friend because as far as I know she's never sent it to anyone else and it's my caller ID on her phone.

I do pretty well on OKC. some guys just suck at this shit.

Orayn

Got a reply from some cute hipster chick by virtue of the first and last sections of my profile being written as text adventures. B)

I've never "junk mail'd" a chick that wasn't asking for it.

I have tucked back and sent a pick of that to a good female friend of mine, but I did that shit because I love her and it was her birthday and I shaved my pubes and wrote "have a happy birthday gurlfren" on my pelvis.

I know she's a good friend because as far as I know she's never sent it to anyone else and it's my caller ID on her phone.

I do pretty well on OKC. some guys just suck at this shit.

Oh I suck at it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Oh I suck at it.
poG2W.jpg

Fun story:

2 or so years ago, I was talking to a girl on OKC. She said she was 18 (well, her profile did). We talked, but she was boring, so we never met.

A year or so later, she was knocked up. Now she has a kid.

Thats not the gun part.

It's been over 2 years since then, and her profile lists her as 19. Meaning she was 17 at the time.

IT WAS A TRAP!

It's been going terrific. I'm almost positive she's my ex, but, I have no proof and it's been so long nobody remembers.
What the fuck. Did you forget your ex's name too? It's not a goddamned Hardy Boys mystery here.

Where the hell do you live? Detroit circa Robocop?!

DiscoJer

Fun story:

2 or so years ago, I was talking to a girl on OKC. She said she was 18 (well, her profile did). We talked, but she was boring, so we never met.

A year or so later, she was knocked up. Now she has a kid.

Thats not the gun part.

It's been over 2 years since then, and her profile lists her as 19. Meaning she was 17 at the time.

IT WAS A TRAP!

Yeah, if you look at the Quantcast stats for OKCupid, something like 10% of the users are apparently under 18

http://www.quantcast.com/okcupid.com/demographics

< 18 10%

18-24 23%

25-34 26%

35-44 19%

45-54 14%

55-64 6%

65+ 2%

(I have no idea how Quantcast figures that out)

Krispy

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here; huge success. But lets get back to reality for a second. There's gotta be something wrong with her if she's on an online dating site. I mean, us guys aren't exactly that picky. What's the catch?

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here; huge success. But lets get back to reality for a second. There's gotta be something wrong with her if she's on an online dating site. I mean, us guys aren't exactly that picky. What's the catch?

Buzz_and_woody_Dicks_dicks_everywhere_RE_A_Sad_Day_for_Tennis-s914x508-76506-580.jpg

I'm sure you're fine. She might be absolutely flakey though. That's your serious worry there.

Based on my friend's horrible experiences, everyone on OKCupid these days is usually hiding something. At least the females seem to be.

Wow, the number of positive impressions in this thread is certainly unexpected. Makes me wish for OKC in my country, or at least an equivalent, since we're limited to the shittyness of match.com
OKC exists in my country, but it's practically empty, save for a few hipster girls. Online dating over here is FUCKED. No free sites with good functionality.

What the fuck. Did you forget your ex's name too? It's not a goddamned Hardy Boys mystery here.

Where the hell do you live? Detroit circa Robocop?!

No. I live in Houston. The area is a bad place.

It is when I never seriously dated her. We were both freshmen. It only lasted a few months. We took a few pics, but, after we broke up I deleted them in a fit of rage. Yes, I did forget her name. I told you it's been years since i talked to her. A few weeks after we broke up school forced us to move because we weren't living in that district anymore. That was the last I heard from her.

besides my ex I remember her not being able to stand out in a crowd. She looked like a short brown haired generic cheerleader at the time.

shuri

Banned
I wonder should I bring protection? Like a gun or something.
Yep, maybe wrapped around your boot, or at least just make it very obvious during the date that you are packing heat. Perhaps even offer to show it to her during the meal. Also I suggest you keep calling her 'little girl'; women loves that; may i also suggest 'darling' and 'princess'

Pretty girl wants a date in the most dangerous region of town.
Seems legit.

There has to be some kind of advice dog-ish meme for this. Oblivious Octopus?

LuchaShaq

Banned
I must know this. I've never forgotten an ex and I'd wager most of humanity hasn't forgotten an ex either.

Can't give you the name of 75%+ of the people I've dated or slept with.

Why the hell would I remember some random chick I hung out with like 5 times and had sex with like 3-4 times 3 years ago?

AOA

Banned
You'd have to have very limited experience with women to think that graph is correct (unless you're being sarcastic).

You're absolutely right. The relation between "hotness" and "craziness" is logarithmic, not linear. The graph is wrong.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Whoa, must have been on some hilariously awesome drugs in college to not know if it's your ex who you dated for a couple months.

Sonki.

Banned
Can't give you the name of 75%+ of the people I've dated or slept with.

Why the hell would I remember some random chick I hung out with like 5 times and had sex with like 3-4 times 3 years ago?

Because people aren't random? I don't know? Because you care about human beings?

A rare decent looking girl that is interested in nerdy male things wants to meet you in a bad part of town at night at a strip mall where noone will be around. Nothing suspicious at all about that.

Alucrid

Banned
Whoa, must have been on some hilariously awesome drugs in college to not know if it's your ex who you dated for a couple months.
Lol yeah, Wtf? I can remember what minor acquaintances look like from years ago, you can't even recognize or remember he name of a girl you dated for months?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Because people aren't random? I don't know? Because you care about human beings?

Why would I ever think about someone I hung out with less than 5 times? Let alone 3-4 years later and remember more than a few physical features. Why would I care about them? If I cared about them wouldn't I have seen them more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom