• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Ok, redid parts of my profile again, specifically the parts I didn't really bother doing before, unless it was wenis™ approved:

My self-summary

You clicked on the pic of sexy and ended up here. Where is here you may ask? It's my awesomesauce profile silly, where I say totally random things that will make you explode in a fire of long lasting want and desire. Desire is a vice you say? well I eat vices up for breakfast and spit out the virtues.

What I’m doing with my life

Doing my honors in liberal arts, but other than that I am what you can call the chillest person you can meet. Like to travel? check. Play music? Check. Sports? check. Being that totally random tech expert when technology goes awry? check. You don't wanna see me with a pair of screwdrivers when I'm angry, that computer's gonna get shoved a new fan

I’m really good at

Doing those things where you're like, "damn I wish I thought of that"
Making you laugh
Making you smile

like now

constructing arguments about how crunchy peanut butter sucks

Finding stars in the most random places. Mario said he wanted he wanted his job back. I politely said, "no you plump mustache plumber."

Philosophizing about eating the red ones last. It is the most sought after question of every humans life when they eat a pack of smarties. Under what moral ground do these red smarties have to be savagely eaten last? It is a question that may never be answered

Give me a pair of sticks and my inner John Bonham will rock the set so hard, Barney will come out of retirement. Right before jamming out on the bass in one giant flash of creepy plush dinosaur music

The first things people usually notice about me

My sexy filling the screen in one great giant orgy of sexiness

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food

Books: 1984 is all my mind needs. I've been interested in reading Ayn Rand novels, but everywhere I turn I'm reminded of how insanely crazy Ayn Rand is.

Shows: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, The Wire

Music: I like too many types of music to count so I'll just relegate it to hip hop, rock, alternative, indie, electronic, experimental, jazz

....And I already listed too much, but if you were to ever get into a music debate with me my faves are currently: Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Rush, The Roots, Destroyer, Deerhunter, and Wutang

Food: I'm not foodist, all food is equal to me

The six things I could never do without

PC
Drums
Guitar
Phone

4 things, guess I'm in trouble now :eek:

Well it seems as if there is a hidden requirement to get to 1000 words to make your profile unlocked.... sooooooo to help get this crazy limit, I guess I'll say that if I was ever put on an island with Questlove and Paul McCartney and the plane to get us off the island could only carry two people, I'd take quest every time. Sorry Paul, I hate Wings

I spend a lot of time thinking about

Those weird questions Okcupid makes users fill out

On a typical Friday night I am

Out of the house doing something and not on OKC durr

The most private thing I’m willing to admit

I rescued a cat once
It thanked me afterward

I’m looking for

Girls who like guys
Ages 20-30
Near me
For new friends

You should message me if

You're cool, carefree, and wanna know more about me
you smiled
you also think about eating the red ones last

Once again, it was mostly stream of consciousness stuff, so criticize away!

Onemic

1 - 2 in favor, now I just need wenis to lay down the law.

Any specifics though? Most of it was just random shit I thought of as I was writing, like barney.

Squall516

So you guys really have had any luck on cupid? Cause I've been on it for a while now over a yr or so, and gone on only a couple of dates. I always message girls and I see that they check out my profile but never message me back lol. I guess my profile isn't that good haha.

Just like a guy's confidence levels read through his body language, so too do women's. If there is a girl with low self esteem and self worth, she's going to exude it and no matter what she looks like she's not going to get dates.

I have plenty of really beautiful friends who are single and they all go through phases of "OMG why can't I get a date?" and it's because they're awkward stalker creepy fucks who don't know how to talk to men.

I have a friend who's 5'11" and ways north of 350 pounds but he pulls way, way more pussy than I do plus he has had a steady girlfriend for the last 6 months. I'm a lean 6'2" and a reasonably attractive guy yet I've been single for going on two years and haven't had sex since November of 2010. Even he doesn't understand why I don't get dates (Hint: I have really bizzarre self esteem and I'm not interested in dating anymore) but it's exactly the same with women. Looks aren't nearly as important as you're making them out to be, it's all about what's going on inside.

The saying "don't judge a book by its cover" exists for a reason.

Rad-

Just like a guy's confidence levels read through his body language, so too do women's. If there is a girl with low self esteem and self worth, she's going to exude it and no matter what she looks like she's not going to get dates.

I have plenty of really beautiful friends who are single and they all go through phases of "OMG why can't I get a date?" and it's because they're awkward stalker creepy fucks who don't know how to talk to men.

I have a friend who's 5'11" and ways north of 350 pounds but he pulls way, way more pussy than I do plus he has had a steady girlfriend for the last 6 months. I'm a lean 6'2" and a reasonably attractive guy yet I've been single for going on two years and haven't had sex since November of 2010. Even he doesn't understand why I don't get dates (Hint: I have really bizzarre self esteem and I'm not interested in dating anymore) but it's exactly the same with women. Looks aren't nearly as important as you're making them out to be, it's all about what's going on inside.

The saying "don't judge a book by its cover" exists for a reason.

Hmm not sure if I agree. Girls with not so high confidence are kind of cute. Not the same for men.

Most beautiful girls don't get dates because they are too beautiful. Guys either A) assume they are already dating or B) assume they are way out of their league.

Hmm not sure if I agree. Girls with not so high confidence are kind of cute. Not the same for men.

Most beautiful girls don't get dates because they are too beautiful. Guys either A) assume they are already dating or B) assume they are way out of their league.

My counter-point to your first comment is that my last (only) two girlfriends both thought my bashfullness was cute as well, so it can be the same for men. The overwhelming majority don't really go for it though, no matter the gender.

My whole life I've found myself surrounded by beautiful women friends, and most of them are damned neurotic. Not surprisingly they're also the ones who don't get dates easily. Meanwhile the hot or even not-so-hot girl friends that have confidence are never short on male suiters. I can't say I blame guys either, some of the flaws girls invent for themselves are just insane.

The importance of looks is somewhat overstated. I get the feeling on a dating website, though, that looks are probably are big advantage.
No kidding. Everyone's standards goes up 10 folds through online dating. People we'd normally be perfectly fine with dating or talking to in real life, we'd blow off completely as some repulsive creep online.

It's really an awful platform for dating.

No kidding. Everyone's standards goes up 10 folds through online dating. People we'd normally be perfectly fine with dating or talking to in real life, we'd blow off completely as some repulsive creep online.

It's hard to really blame them. All you really have to go by is a picture and some text so you gotta make a decision somehow. That is one of the main reasons i avoid online dating (not because i'm not attractive but it just doesn't seem appealing).

Az987

all good things
I'd post my profile on here but there's not really a point looking for advice on what to write when no one even views it lol.

I must look like a leper or something.

I met my wife through OK Cupid. So they are alright in my book.

However, last summer, for no reason, I started getting new emails from them with new matches. And I have not logged on the site in 7 years.

I guess I already had an old account there.

Updated a bunch of stuff with a new picture. It sucks living in a small town/city as any decent matches are 2-3 hours away.

That's because usually the women are too lazy to do it irl, want someone super sexy. She didn't care much. I'm overweight and unattractive. She found me sorta ttractive or as she said "If you dropped a few LBs and got a hair cut you'd be cute.", but, ended up liking my personality more...that and we dated irl once.

but her standards were absurdly high. She was seriously expecting a super hot guy with rock hard Abs,a cushy job, and muscles to ask her. In her case she's seriously naive. She's never really dated anyone. Aside from me shes had only 2 boyfriends and has never had sex with them. She's only had drunken 1 night stands she doesn't remember (which is seriously horrifying) in College.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
That's because usually the women are too lazy to do it irl, want someone super sexy. She didn't care much. I'm overweight and unattractive. She found me sorta ttractive or as she said "If you dropped a few LBs and got a hair cut you'd be cute.", but, ended up liking my personality more...that and we dated irl once.

but her standards were absurdly high. She was seriously expecting a super hot guy with rock hard Abs,a cushy job, and muscles to ask her. In her case she's seriously naive. She's never really dated anyone. Aside from me shes had only 2 boyfriends and has never had sex with them. She's only had drunken 1 night stands she doesn't remember (which is seriously horrifying) in College.
Sorry it didn't go well, OP. She was rather cute. Heck, I'd be like a kid in a candy store if I was able to get a date like that.

Wishing you better luck next time.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Damnit. Suddenly a bunch of cute girls started visting my profile but they're all out of state. Fuuuu...
PJ69s.gif

Hylian7

I made a profile yesterday, messaged one girl on there. She seems interested and we have tentative plans for Thursday (depending on if she has schoolwork that night). She lives close by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom