• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ol Joe Biden was a little too touchy feely during the swearing in ceremony today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

Zmp12Il.gif

Please give me the source for this, please.

DJMicLuv

So he's a hair sniffer, eh?
*makes notes*

The picture with the li'l Asian girl looks like he's lifting her off the floor by hear head to directly suck her brains out.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
*complains about men being assumed to be pedophiles or creeps all the time while doing nothing wrong.*

*assumes men are pedophiles or creeps while doing nothing wrong*

TuXx

I can kinda make out what he's whispering.

"BTW, you need to know how important it is-"
Then he tells her something about his daughter.

Still kinda creepy him getting that close to her.

Who

Banned
LOL I don't get how there's people trying to defend this. That way creepy no ifs ands or buts. The parents looked clearly disturbed by it as well.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
He was cracking wise. Something like, "By the way, have your own one day. You'll see 13 year olds are sneaky. Your kids can talk to my daughter Ashley cuz she'll have to know why."

I was originally going to point out that it wasn't creepy because he was just getting close to talk to her, but now I'm not so sure.

Eh, seems grandfatherly to me.

lol. Joke? It's inappropriate. Replace that girl with a boy and I think it would get even more headlines. First issue, don't bring your fucking children to a swear in. Second, everything Biden did was inappropriate. He whispered too long in her ear, went in for a kiss even when she looked uncomfortable and finally as he said "I hope to see you at home," was staring right at her. Yeah, I bet he hopes to see her at home. Fucking gross dude.

winjet81

Damn that's pretty creepy and inappropriate.

Imagine this guy putting his hands on YOUR pre-teen daughter and whispering in her ear.

kiguel182

The video is even more creepy.

It seems like he is whispering something to her and she looks so uncomfortable. And then "I hope to see you back home". Wtf?

"Oh, Joe's gonna be Joe..."

Don't like how Biden gets a pass, even if he is vp. If this was a Republican everyone would be going apeshit. It was overt and disgusting enough that the mom is visibly upset.

What a creep.

I have to agree with this, and I'm a Republican-politician-despising liberal. Six years later, I'm still in disbelief that Obama chose this oddball as his running mate.

Not familiar with whole politicians kissing babies spiel of the last, what 100 years?

Well yeah but those always looked staged, the mothers would so eagerly and happily hand over their children to be kissed.
Maybe I'm a prude but this particular incident irked me. Kissing babies seems different from the reaction of this girl who was all DO NOT WANT

Nerokis

The word "creepy" is so overused these days. This so happens to be a moment where it could be perfectly applicable, but the version of the word where it's describing something merely awkward seems more or less dead. Joe Biden here misread the girl's boundaries, put her in an uncomfortable moment, and for whatever reason crossed the line from typical politician it's-like-I've-known-you-for-years touchiness into awkward and perhaps inappropriate territory. Our reflex here could be to see it as a simple mistake, a failing of his social grace, and to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure the Senator he was swearing in happened to also be the guy who took his seat in the Senate when he became VP, so perhaps there's some familiarity there.

But no, we have to emphasize just how creepy and gross this is, and even wonder how we could give him a "pass" (well, at least one person mentioned that second thing). I'm not sure something so human and harmless really warrants that revulsion, though. Cringing at an awkward moment is natural, seeing the worst in everything is unfortunate.

Dai Kaiju

The father is smiling like an idiot and the mother is like "WTF are you doing?"

To me, it comes across as Chris Coons thinking 'okay, I'm a u.s. senator... but the u.s. Vice President is shamelessly creeping on my little girl right in front of me on live TV. WTF do I do?!?!' then proceeds to smile awkwardly.

The mom is like "ok Joe *pat pat* you've got your erection, now leave us alone."

some of you guys seriously need to go to Latin America or Southern Europe.
The affection overlord over there might make your puritan brains explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom