• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S6 |OT| Magic Carpet Hyde

Velcro Fly

Yeah this was a great series finale. Like the final season of Roseanne I will just continue to ignore the fact that season 7 of this exists. This should have been it. It is highly unlikely I even think about watching season 7. It was great while it lasted (and i never really expected it to).

May do a rewatch from the beginning to reminisce and have some fun. The first few seasons were pretty cool.

Well, that's as happy an ending as I could think of. Charmings got a house, Emma and Hook together, "Evil" Regina gets Robin, and everybody around the table, including Gold.

No need to go on, everything is fine forever.

Kevin

What a fantastic series finale... erm... I mean season finale. Huge fan of this show despite some mishaps along the way. None of my friends like or will watch this show but I've greatly enjoyed it and own all the Blu-Rays and will of course pick up season six on Blu-Ray when it releases.

While this probably didn't need a season 7 I really hope it's not going to be as horrible as I think it could be. Not ready to lose hope regarding season 7 just yet as I'll admit I would deeply miss this show if it had completely ended and/or got canceled. I just don't know where they can go from here and I don't really want them to soil the events of the season six finale.

zeemumu

I liked the happy moments towards the end but...as far as final battles go, I felt that it was a bit of a cop out. Evil Queen and Emma were resurrected immediately. Sword to the gut? Nah, just kiss that shit and make it better. And the black fairy spent how many episodes droning on about the final battle that she technically wasn't even there to see through to the end because Rumple reduced her to dust? Glad that they addressed Evil Queen getting sent to wish realm actually being crappy though.

That said. It really was a nice ending. It was the one I wanted. I actually felt...content. Thought they were alluding to bringing on Jesus as a new character with that Last Supper picture in the book.

I could've done without the cliffhanger. Just end it here. That's basically the ideal ending for the story and doing more would just take away from it. I'd rather go on believing that everything was fine and everyone's happy and that's it.

Kevin

OK having read the post mortem interviews, I am a lot more optimistic about season 7 and it sounds like the Charmings, etc will at least guest start. Both the actors and the writers said as much so i don't think all of these characters will be completely gone for good. While it may not be the same as having them around every episode, it will at least still make them feel as part of the world.

Anyways here are some interview links which discuss season 7 and such:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/once-upon-a-time-season-finale-edward-kitsis-adam-horowitz-1202092978/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/once-a-time-season-7-reboot-explained-1003456

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/14/once-up.../?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/14/once-up.../?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/14/once-upon-time-finale-season-7-spoilers-horowitz-kitsis/

I'll definitely be there for season 7 because I still really like this universe and there still is absolutely no other show on tv that quite feels like Once Upon a Time. Hopefully I'll see some of you next season to discuss the events that unfold. :)

zeemumu

OK having read the post mortem interviews, I am a lot more optimistic about season 7 and it sounds like the Charmings, etc will at least guest start. Both the actors and the writers said as much so i don't think all of these characters will be completely gone for good. While it may not be the same as having them around every episode, it will at least still make them feel as part of the world.

Anyways here are some interview links which discuss season 7 and such:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/once-upon-a-time-season-finale-edward-kitsis-adam-horowitz-1202092978/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/once-a-time-season-7-reboot-explained-1003456

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/14/once-upon-time-finale-season-7-spoilers-horowitz-kitsis/

I'll definitely be there for season 7 because I still really like this universe and there still is absolutely no other show on tv that quite feels like Once Upon a Time. Hopefully I'll see some of you next season to discuss the events that unfold. :)

You mind writing the next OT then?

LaMagenta

i absolutely loooooved the ending to S6. I wasn't to crazy about S7 but after seeing henry's daughter is involved I will watch. Wold have been cute as a mini series spinoff.

Lol after the timeskip Gideon can be played by the same actor. Brilliant.

Now we can start the guessing game of who the Mom is. Violet? Moana?

zeemumu

So, uh...what did that paper say? You know, the one she needed the wand to translate? What clue did it give her that she wasn't already aware of, because I don't remember anything changing from her plan. It wasn't the thing with Gideon's heart because fore that out before she translated it.

Toki767

So, uh...what did that paper say? You know, the one she needed the wand to translate? What clue did it give her that she wasn't already aware of, because I don't remember anything changing from her plan. It wasn't the thing with Gideon's heart because fore that out before she translated it.

Only light can extinguish light or something like that.

Meaning she couldn't kill Emma, but Gideon could.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Hm, season finale was pretty good and I'm glad the two best characters are coming back next year (Regina and Rumple).

The parts I didn't like:
- Evil Regina should have stayed dead after her sacrifice. I was hoping the finale would be darker.
- Zelena should have gotten her powers back if everything else was able to reset.
- Emma just getting up like nothing happened. Cop-out.
- The Black Fairy didn't even show up in her Black Fairy getup once. Plus her wand was just lying around Rumple's shop this whole time lmao?
- Um, WHAT EXACTLY happened with the other half of the wooden wand that Tiger Lily told them they needed? It was supposed to be at the center of Storybrooke. Did the writers forget? Which also leads me to question...
- is the Blue Fairy dead? Last we saw her the Black Fairy whisked her away and that was that. WTF?

The finally got rid of the shitty actor that plays Henry, and without having to kill him off. Brilliant!

Kevin

- Um, WHAT EXACTLY happened with the other half of the wooden wand that Tiger Lily told them they needed? It was supposed to be at the center of Storybrooke. Did the writers forget? Which also leads me to question...
- is the Blue Fairy dead? Last we saw her the Black Fairy whisked her away and that was that. WTF?

-They found the other piece of the want in Granny's Diner under the Juke Box.
-Thought I remember them restoring the Blue Fairy and waking her up.

Did you fall asleep during some of the episodes? :p

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
-They found the other piece of the want in Granny's Diner under the Juke Box.
-Thought I remember them restoring the Blue Fairy and waking her up.

Did you fall asleep during some of the episodes? :p

LMAO! Okay I do remember the juke box a bit but I probably wasn't paying full attention.

However, remember how Snow was kneeling down next to Blue and then morphed into the Black Fairy (she was in disguise as Snow) after the Blue Fairy woke up, and then she teleported away with Blue and I don't think we ever saw her again?

Kevin

LMAO! Okay I do remember the juke box a bit but I probably wasn't paying full attention.

However, remember how Snow was kneeling down next to Blue and then morphed into the Black Fairy (she was in disguise as Snow) after the Blue Fairy woke up, and then she teleported away with Blue and I don't think we ever saw her again?

I honestly don't remember. Maybe it will be explained in season 7. lol

Finally got around to watching the last few episodes, that musical was weird. Wife loved it, I hated it but I don't like musicals so no surprise there.

I detested the finale, they didn't stay consistent with any of their internal rules but thats pretty much par for the course for OUAT now so not a real shock. Only good can defeat good? Does that rule realllllly apply if someone under compulsion is attacking? What was the point anyways if Emma didn't die? If Henry had just stabbed his mom would it have been the same thing?

Only neat twist was the final Gold vs Black Fairy battle, and man it musta been a helluva thing for Belle to rush in, learn that Gold just killed HIS MOM, and the first thing out of her mouth is "uh yeah and where is our son?" Like damn woman, how about a hug or something.

I'm done with the show and seriously doubt I'll return for S7 but one thing I really, really hope they are more consistent with is the rule of Earth being magic free. That was fantastic in early seasons, seeing people used to magic being forced to live in a world with no magic. That slowly vanished over time, to the point where people are just teleporting around town willy nilly with no worries about using up all the magic. Earth and Storybrook should be considered the ass end of the magic-verse, not the Club Med vacation spot it turned into the last few seasons.

First few seasons were great and I'd recommend it to anyone, but after season 4 it just became a convoluted mess, 22 episodes is far, far, far too much for the writers to handle a season. They really need to cut this show down to 10 episodes a season and craft a tighter storyline, it would have worked wonders over the last 3 seasons.

zeemumu

I saw the news about this a few days ago. I got confused as to how Cinderella was the same age as Henry and now has no kids and is no longer married and is also a different actress entirely before I saw the "nah it's an alternate universe enchanted forest" thing. They seem to be doing the same thing that American Gods does with Jesus.

Kevin

The setup for this doesn't sound as terrible as I thought. I feel a little more interested/excited for season 7 and this might make more sense with the near perfect wrap up of season 6.

The setup for this doesn't sound as terrible as I thought. I feel a little more interested/excited for season 7 and this might make more sense with the near perfect wrap up of season 6.

Initially i thought it was really stupid,
Thought on it for a bit and started to see a lot of possibilities,
casting news and move to Friday then started to get me uninterested again.
finally seeing that, I will watch and enjoy it for the season it will likely last.

Maybe Alt-Mulan can get some love this time around lol.

Great, then I'll continue to regard the existence of a Season 7 as a fever dream/fanfiction

Hook's new persona is literally the only thing that excited me during the episode.

Hook is a good(seemingly) cop while Rumple is a shady detective.
Hook was then promoted to Rumple's partner at the end of the episode.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hope the show does well, but last seasons finale was the perfect end imo so I won't be watching

oldmario

i know it's only 1 episode in but is season 7 worth bothering with or should i just pretend it finished at 6? my gut is saying drop it because i found henry annoying and having him as the main character is probably gonna be even worse

i know it's only 1 episode in but is season 7 worth bothering with or should i just pretend it finished at 6? my gut is saying drop it because i found henry annoying and having him as the main character is probably gonna be even worse

I can not see anything with where they are going being worth the ruined good ending.

But I will say adult Henry isn't bad far, honestly probably the best main aspect of the "reboot".

When will these guys stop losing their memories? Like come on now, there should be some type of failsafe because this has happened waaaaay too many times.

netguy503

How was it redeemed for you in anyway? I'd really like to know.I'm struggling to keep this on my dvr schedule.

I thought they really wasted Emma's one and only episode with them. Not enough screen time at all tbh.

How was it redeemed for you in anyway? I'd really like to know.I'm struggling to keep this on my dvr schedule.

I thought they really wasted Emma's one and only episode with them. Not enough screen time at all tbh.

My main issue was that S6 had a good/great ending for the series. At first S7 seemed to be ruining it
Hook and Emma separated
Rumpel a full bad guy in the new town
etc

While this episode established:
A good reason for Emma to be out
Doesn't ruin Hook or Emma's ending
Makes Hook a tad more interesting
Rumpel is shown to still be gray but has a bit of a good guy moment.
Regina, Hook and Henry teamup is actually a good setup imo.

Not to mention episode 1 seemed like it was trying to completely revert to the slow and drawn out nature of S1, which I loved but didn't want a cheap repeat of.

I completely agree with you on that but at least they got her in there for a few quick scenes that made me okay with her absence.

netguy503

My main issue was that S6 had a good/great ending for the series. At first S7 seemed to be ruining it
Hook and Emma separated
Rumpel a full bad guy in the new town
etc

While this episode established:
A good reason for Emma to be out
Doesn't ruin Hook or Emma's ending
Makes Hook a tad more interesting
Rumpel is shown to still be gray but has a bit of a good guy moment.
Regina, Hook and Henry teamup is actually a good setup imo.

Not to mention episode 1 seemed like it was trying to completely revert to the slow and drawn out nature of S1, which I loved but didn't want a cheap repeat of.

I completely agree with you on that but at least they got her in there for a few quick scenes that made me okay with her absence.

The only thing I really liked was the revelation that the hook we saw in episode 1/trapped in the curse world isn't "our Hook" and is actually the hook from an alternate timeline and the real hook is with emma and the baby. That's not a revelation that will get me to stay mind you but I think it was interesting. I wonder if we will ever see "real" hook again on this show or if the writers just want to him and emma alone for now and let them live out their happy ever after.

Top Bottom