• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One picture that represent society so well…nsfw

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

christoph waltz nod GIF

CGNoire

I interpret this piece as the lust for voluptuous women as a side effect of our consumption driven society, desiring more of everything material while forcing woman into an ideal that neglects their natural beauty and self.
"Forcing woman"
"Forcing"...really?

What the Fuck happened to Personal Responsibility?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Can someone in plain Engrish explain how in the fuck a C-section is misogynistic am I missing something here
Post by Poppabk, not RJ - not sure why it is saying RJ:
I say it starts to veer into misogyny because it changes it from a satire on modern definitions of beauty versus classical - into more "fuck these selfish thots who are posting nudes on the internet instead of taking care of their kid, which they saw the birth of as something inconvenient"

The user is reaching to find something to find offensive about the art. There is nothing actually misogynistic going on.

OF generation
Iqwd1F2.jpeg
To me, this looks like she got surgery on her abs, split-tit surgery and possibly a bad BBL, then after all the surgeries, she thinks herself a "Goddess" and wants to share that with the "World"( IG/Social Media) The toga adds to her delusion of unnatural steps taken to achieve a frivolous-beauty.

Last edited:

Embearded

It's a horizontal c-section scar. It's more common in planned c-sections. It's the one thing that takes the thing from satire into the relams of misogyny (yeah I know I said the dirty word)
That's because it is misogynistic.

No idea why someone would consider a C-section as something thst describes modern women and that is also bad.

Also, surgeon did a good job on these tits, give them some time to heal god damn it.

Last edited:

Embearded

and therefore right wing
1. Misogyny is not exclusive or directly related to political parties.
2. Trying to complete my sentences for me with what you think i mean is cheap and shows you are biased.
3. Making the letters purple to imply i am somehow affected by Era is stupid. I have an account there, no longer active, because people do a lot what you did (point 2) and banned me before i had a chance to argue.

I get what the picture means.
The tits, ass, phone and nudity describe many women on social media.
It should also have a second statue of a man though, as we also care about our bodies and show them online.

Lastly, the C-section shows how the creator knows shit about giving birth and why many times it is necessary to have one and other times women choose them because they are afraid of the pain and suffering they have to go during childbirth.
You can criticize this as much as you want, but you are not a woman, and no matter how many wigs you out on and hormones you inject, if your chromosomes are not those of the female gender, you are not a woman and you will never understand the process of childbirth, on the level women do.

Trunx81

2. Trying to complete my sentences for me with what you think i mean is cheap and shows you are biased.
3. Making the letters purple to imply i am somehow affected by Era is stupid. I have an account there, no longer active, because people do a lot what you did (point 2) and banned me before i had a chance to argue.

It should also have a second statue of a man though, as we also care about our bodies and show them online.

Lastly, the C-section shows how the creator knows shit about giving birth and why many times it is necessary to have one and other times women choose them because they are afraid of the pain and suffering they have to go during childbirth.
You can criticize this as much as you want, but you are not a woman, and no matter how many wigs you out on and hormones you inject, if your chromosomes are not those of the female gender, you are not a woman and you will never understand the process of childbirth, on the level women do.
Let me regrade it and underline it with some evidence:

“Too posh to push” is an evident catch phrase for these kind of women that the artist tries to imitate. It’s by no means misogynistic if it’s a fact. That’s like saying “the artist showed the statue with fake boobs, but some women need this kind of operation. Therefore fake boobs are misogynistic as well.”

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Maybe stop trying to find reasons to be offended on the behalf of others every time a lighthearted joke like this thread pops up.

Embearded

“Too posh to push” is an evident catch phrase for these kind of women that the artist tries to imitate. It’s by no means misogynistic if it’s a fact. That’s like saying “the artist showed the statue with fake boobs, but some women need this kind of operation. Therefore fake boobs are misogynistic as well.”

I accept your argument supported by PubMed, but still find the C-section out of place here.

Maybe stop trying to find reasons to be offended on the behalf of others every time a lighthearted joke like this thread pops up.

I am not offended and i pretty much don't care if others are offended. C-section part feels misogynistic as it is related to life and death situations. Also not all countries offer the choice for C-section to women and will only do it if the doctors think its necessary.

In the end, if someone is free to portray an entire generation in four pictures even as a joke, i should be free to call aspects of them misogynistic and as long no one tries to silence anyone, what's the problem?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I accept your argument supported by PubMed, but still find the C-section out of place here.

I am not offended and i pretty much don't care if others are offended. C-section part feels misogynistic as it is related to life and death situations. Also not all countries offer the choice for C-section to women and will only do it if the doctors think its necessary.

In the end, if someone is free to portray an entire generation in four pictures even as a joke, i should be free to call aspects of them misogynistic and as long no one tries to silence anyone, what's the problem?

Most C-sections are not related to life and death situations these days. They are often performed for laziness and appearances. Everyone in this thread knows this basic level of context except for you and Apop. But please, continue with the “white knight” shtick. I am sure someone will eventually notice your efforts.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Oops someone didn't read their own link. It's a catchphrase popularized by the UK tabloids, and is based a lot on mischaracterizing the statistics as stated in the link you provided.
I mean this is supposedly a trope of OF, but a search for Onlyfans and c-section brings up a reddit post from a woman who is worried about her scars, an article about an onlyfans model that wants to avoid a c-section if at all possible but has a list of birth 'demands', and an only fans model with some kind of colostomy bag. A search for onlyfans and boob job is more 'on topic'.

Carton

Nah, women are scheduling their c-section to A. avoid the last few weeks of pregnancy with the highest risk of stretch marks, B. have the delivery during the day at a time convenient for them, and C. to avoid labor which hollywood has trained women to fear as the most painful experience possible. Studies also show women who elect to have c-sections have less connection to their baby and feel inadequate as a mother (they didn't experience the true challenge of childbirth). Plus not going through the vaginal canal affects the babys colonization with "good" gut bacteria. I knew an ob/gyn that would show up to work at night and just c-section every woman not in active labor just to clear the labor deck for nighttime cases. In the old days it was wild shit.

PLENTY of complications for c-sections. Lots of women need them for safety though due to baby positioning, baby size due to gestational diabetes or poor hip structure (the days of women being told "you are not built for children" are long gone), poor positioning of the placenta or fetal distress, sometimes a vaginal infection, or because they had a previous c-section so now they feel a vaginal birth would be too risky.

TBH that AI image is pretty appealing, other than the cottage cheese butt. I find it interesting that it has mastectomy/breast lift scars, not implant scars, yet still rocks a set of D cups.
Your A, B, C as being the main reasons for elective caesareans are simply not true. Perineal tears and stress urinary incontinence are the main, but not sole, reasons women elect to have a caesarean.

Your unethical obstetrician reads exaggerated or completely fictitious: organising theatres/anaesthetics for a series of LSCSs, consenting the mother and justifying it to midwife is considerably more work that just sitting back having normal vaginal deliveries progress without your intervention.

That doesn’t represent shit, except maybe what the 1% of society, social media and TV has made you believe it represents. There is a metric shit ton of people in every day life that actually live life on different terms….believe it or not. Put the socials down bruddah.

Last edited:

Durien

The post-partum recovery phase for c-sections has plenty of pain. Indeed, an expecting mother will be counselled on the pros and cons of vaginal delivery vs elective c-section, and typically one of the pros of a vaginal delivery is you’ll be more mobile sooner ie not limited by a large and painful wound.
My wife had an emergency c section when my son got "stuck" (24 inch 9.6 lb baby). The first week or 2 was crazy rough. She could barely move. The hospital let me watch though which was INCREDIBLY awesome to see! Because of the c section, we scheduled the second because we had no idea what was going to happen. They let me watch that one too lol.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Actually it’s a common trope on “these women”: They want the kid, but not the discomfort of giving birth. C-Section should be done when medical necessary, not because you can afford it.

Nah, it’s a reflection of every girl where I live: it shows that they have multiple kids with different men by 30, which they claim as their “world” while they’re out all night at the club or boating, look like this by 40 while searching for the elusive the perfect guy. Meanwhile, they’re banging some NBA player.

The men are usually not much better.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
That doesn’t represent shit, except maybe what the 1% of society, social media and TV has made you believe it represents. There is a metric shit ton of people in every day life that actually live life on different terms….believe it or not. Put the socials down bruddah.

Nah, this is all I see when I put down the phone. The vast majority are like this. It’s quite boring.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Your A, B, C as being the main reasons for elective caesareans are simply not true. Perineal tears and stress urinary incontinence are the main, but not sole, reasons women elect to have a caesarean.

Your unethical obstetrician reads exaggerated or completely fictitious: organising theatres/anaesthetics for a series of LSCSs, consenting the mother and justifying it to midwife is considerably more work that just sitting back having normal vaginal deliveries progress without your intervention.
I mean, I was there, saw it happen. But it's 30 years in the past, c-section practices have changed a lot since then. I've seen it go from borderline mandatory (at least heavily encouraged) to almost stigmatized unless medically necessary because the benefits of vag delivery are so pronounced.

It would be a rare woman that ponders a section on the off chance they get a tear, those are fairly common and often easily repaired. C-Sections can cause adhesions, ruin a woman's ability to do sit ups, has 6 weeks recovery vs a few hours for most vsg deliveries.

Carton

I mean, I was there, saw it happen. But it's 30 years in the past, c-section practices have changed a lot since then. I've seen it go from borderline mandatory (at least heavily encouraged) to almost stigmatized unless medically necessary because the benefits of vag delivery are so pronounced.

It would be a rare woman that ponders a section on the off chance they get a tear, those are fairly common and often easily repaired. C-Sections can cause adhesions, ruin a woman's ability to do sit ups, has 6 weeks recovery vs a few hours for most vsg deliveries.
Fair enough. That’s a pretty crazy story, so you can understand my scepticism. It does make more sense being 30 years in the past when medicine was more paternalistic.

It wouldn’t be rare: I am a practicing doctor of 11 years experience, so is my wife and most of my friends. I know the predominant reasons why patients elect for caesareans and they are chiefly to avoid the morbidity of perineal tears and lifelong stress urinary incontinence. These are of course amongst other reasons, but the least of which have been about stretch marks and fear of pain, for, as you correctly point out, an LSCS is not without pain and a protracted partum recovery phase. My original response was not taking a position in the elective LSCS vs vaginal delivery debate, for I have no horse in that race; rather, addressing the crass and ignorant judgement of women who do elect for a caesarean.

Toots

Gold Member
There's something about extremely fake tits i find attractive.
Not aesthetically speaking of course, but i always think that a woman who is ready to go through extensive mutilation to appear more desirable and sexually appealing must really like to get down.
I know it's not true, and i met plenty of women without any surgery who really enjoyed sex, and im pretty sure that a lot of the inflated instagram bimbos are in fact starfishes in bed and that is why i won't ever spend a night with those type of gals. I know reality would break this myth. Nothing to do with the fact the opportunity never appeared...

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Studies also show women who elect to have c-sections have less connection to their baby and feel inadequate as a mother (they didn't experience the true challenge of childbirth).
But that would mean that fathers have weak connections to their babies because they didn't experience childbirth at all.

Last edited:

Hugare

Regardless of the message (which is pretty great, imo) the statue is so well done

Who is the artist, OP?

jason10mm

Gold Member
But that would mean that fathers have weak connections to their babies because they didn't experience childbirth at all.
MANY studies support that conclusion. There are drug doping events (oxytocin mostly, IIRC) that mothers can engage in that fathers are mostly denied. Paternal engagement typically happens as the kids get older.

But never fear, a few weeks of sleepless nights feeding the baby while the mom rests will quickly put you into an exhaustion state that makes you an emotional wreck and you will feel all the connection you want :p

On the plus side you can get in a lot of bad TV from 1-3am!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
MANY studies support that conclusion. There are drug doping events (oxytocin mostly, IIRC) that mothers can engage in that fathers are mostly denied. Paternal engagement typically happens as the kids get older.

But never fear, a few weeks of sleepless nights feeding the baby while the mom rests will quickly put you into an exhaustion state that makes you an emotional wreck and you will feel all the connection you want :p

On the plus side you can get in a lot of bad TV from 1-3am!
Meh, I would just play some Mario or something if the kiddo can’t sleep. Get a few more hours of gaming in.

Top Bottom