• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Apparently The New Everybody 1-2 Switch Includes Option For Uploading Pictures Without Content Filters

Nintendo's newest game is recreating an infamous experience of online console gaming - specifically from the Xbox 360 version of Uno.

The mobile device-supporting Everybody 1-2 Switch includes an option for players using smartphones as a controller to upload any picture from their phone to use as an avatar. There does not appear to be any form of filtering in place, resulting in offensive imagery being displayed if the player who uploaded the picture - as an example - finishes in the top three for a paritcular minigame. An example can be found here, though Nintendo World Report staff have seen it occur in several Twitch streams of the game.

Nintendo has yet to issue a comment on the matter, though what steps they can take to prevent the images from appearing short of disabling the option for unrestricted uploading are unclear. Similar situations using racial or sexual slurs have also been identified in games that allow text entry, despite the Switch having a hardware-level block list for language that is frequently updated.

Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...or-uploading-pictures-without-content-filters

DaGwaphics

I'm surprised they ever allowed that kind of image upload support without a wait period or some kind of review process. Naturally a certain set will be forced to upload offensive material. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ZoukGalaxy

aB9uKTJ.png

Animated GIF

Guys, ALWAYS take a screenshot, especially with Twitter.

Mitsurux

Don't think it has a "traditional" online mode, its official website description states that players must be in the same room... so it isn't like you will see pics from random players.

So nothing at all like UNO on 360.

(Strangely enough I ended up buying this game today.. i can confirm later if needed)

Banned
I mean, on Xbox Live you also can upload any profile pic.
I think they have some image detection check the image before it goes live, but I would expect that to not be the most reliable filter 😅

ZoukGalaxy

Meh. I've witnessed larger dicks in this very forum. Figuratively though.
I agree that's not a big deal but I'm unsure about the politic here for that, I prefer to warn.

Tweet is linked in the article, it's still working

EDIT: Oh and if you click on "This tweet is unavailable" it works as well
Because you are logged on Twitter and have your birth date in your profile, otherwise, I doesn't work.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Only the top 3 are shown? In a game where you can have 100 challengers? This needs a patch stat, and I’m not talking about filtering pics.

mcjmetroid

It makes you wonder why they even released this. I mean everyone hated it.. even their own employees constantly openly mocked it... and now this.

It does make you wonder how bad Bandai Namco's Metroid Prime 4 was to get cancelled mid-way through.

Top Bottom