• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
if shirahoshi goes to the reverie then she will be taken by the world government. if the princes or the king go then kaido is going to fishman island and taking her. i'm hoping kaido attacks the reverie to get his massive war started.

Dimmle

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VIVI

My face got really hot at the end of this chapter. Man, I've missed her.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Got around to the chapter. Soooo fucking good. I am hyped for the upcoming chapters.

Vivi's back! Yeah, I sense Reverie is coming. Man, how long has that been built up?

Saw someone on Reddit point out that there was a panel of Usopp working on Nami's new climatact back when they were sailing to Dressrosa

dabig2

Got around to the chapter. Soooo fucking good. I am hyped for the upcoming chapters.

Vivi's back! Yeah, I sense Reverie is coming. Man, how long has that been built up?

Fishman Island really kicked the Reverie hype into overgear. I hope we get to see some of the important tidbits. So much they'll be talking about at this reverie, especially as this will be the first Reverie held in the series. A whole lotta shit has happened in the world since Luffy first set out for sea.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Burst out laughing at Nami doing the mirage tempo when Usopp was getting to how much she owed him.

So is this going to be one of those "Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons" things where multiple things happen at the same time? Has to be, but I wonder how Oda will handle that.

Option A: Just transition around between the groups.
Option B: Do each group one at a time (obviously Luffy's first, given our Year of Sanji talk.
Option C: Just do Luffy's group and fill us in later with some exposition when they group up again in 2018.

It would take longer, but I'd rather do either A or B.

RomanceDawn

Saw someone on Reddit point out that there was a panel of Usopp working on Nami's new climatact back when they were sailing to Dressrosa

Yup around 700 during their discussion about going after Kaido. A hundred chapters before that Nami asked Usopp to create her something with her new tech.

ffdgh

So is this going to be one of those "Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons" things where multiple things happen at the same time? Has to be, but I wonder how Oda will handle that.

Option B: Do each group one at a time (obviously Luffy's first, given our Year of Sanji talk.
Option C: Just do Luffy's group and fill us in later with some exposition when they group up again in 2018.

do like zou did. Focus on luffy, give brief flash backs of the other groups when they meet up again.

smurfx

get some go again

hope he does a better job this time around than he did in marineford. nothing ever felt satisfying since he would always cut away when it was getting good. i hope he sticks with one thing and has it finish and moves on to the next.

Ogodei

Use option C for much-needed anime filler (Oda writes scenario, they do the rest).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Viviiiiii! Must be just about Reverie time. Mega end game shit seems to be coming hard and fast at this point. Going to take years to trudge through it all, of course, but it's finally starting to feel like everything really is going to come together eventually.

I wonder how Neko plans to track Marco The Phoenix? I bet Weevil will crash the Tea Party. And Pekoms to get his one v. one revenge with Capone Gang Bege.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nami is treated as the third crew member though technically she's the fifth. Vivi is 5.5 in this case.

This chapter was fun on a bun. Pekoms trying to show off and Luffy not giving a shit, the new clima-tact and Nami skipping on the bill, and Luffy jumping off the goddamn elephant. Lost my shit at that part. Just a happy chapter overall. Oda done good. I feel like the Minks and everyone else deserved a little carefree chapter after all that's happened. And they still managed to get some stuff done. These new teams will be interesting to watch. I wonder how Oda will be handling the different stories. Will he just flash back and forth between the teams? One chapter per team? It's certainly gonna be difficult keeping up either wy. I can already feel my head hurting. Oh well, that's what I signed up for. And now we also have Vivi to look forward to. I'm glad Oda brought her back. I missed her. <3 Vivi. Can't wait to see how she figures into all this.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This chapter was fun on a bun. Pekoms trying to show off and Luffy not giving a shit, the new clima-tact and Nami skipping on the bill, and Luffy jumping off the goddamn elephant. Lost my shit at that part. Just a happy chapter overall. Oda done good. I feel like the Minks and everyone else deserved a little carefree chapter after all that's happened. And they still managed to get some stuff done. These new teams will be interesting to watch. I wonder how Oda will be handling the different stories. Will he just flash back and forth between the teams? One chapter per team? It's certainly gonna be difficult keeping up either wy. I can already feel my head hurting. Oh well, that's what I signed up for. And now we also have Vivi to look forward to. I'm glad Oda brought her back. I missed her. <3 Vivi. Can't wait to see how she figures into all this.

Nin Nin

Genryu

Banned
So the Reverie is going to have, what, 3 kingdoms that were saved and 1 that was ESTABLISHED with the help of the Strawhats?

I wonder how that is going to come into play.

Bae is back.
Oda will probably jump around the same way Togashi did during the ant arc, atleast that what feels like is going to happen.

dabig2

So the Reverie is going to have, what, 3 kingdoms that were saved and 1 that was ESTABLISHED with the help of the Strawhats?

Hopefully we get some Wapol interaction with Vivi and Dalton. But yeah, Luffy will definitely have a fanclub there and no way can that sit right with the WG, especially now since they have to be aware that Luffy is amassing an army. And of course the fact that his father and sworn brother happen to be the leading members of the Revolutionary Army.

marmoka

Banned
Here is another one but as fruit:
1FB.jpg

Nami joined Luffy after Buggy, she left and "really" joined after Arlong but she is still the third member.

Luffy's sexy pose XD

One thing that fascinates me about Straw Hat crew is that they are future Pirate King crew. They are not the legends now, but they will reach that status in the end. It's mind-boggling to look at this goofy and quirky characters and realize that they are gonna be basically most famous people by the end of their journey and idols for generations to come.

One thing that fascinates me about Straw Hat crew is that they are future Pirate King crew. They are not the legends now, but they will reach that status in the end. It's mind-boggling to look at this goofy and quirky characters and realize that they are gonna be basically most famous people by the end of their journey and idols for generations to come.

Apart from Sanji who will always be a joke.

dabig2

Yeah, that's why I love the 'back home' chapter covers after something goes down. Like the students at Zoro's old dojo straight copying his 1 eye and santoryu style while Koshiro just looks on frustrated. Or Sanji's chef friends at Baratie making a float or door thingie from the old, bootleg Sanji poster. Or Usopp's old crew running around town spreading the good news of our Lord and Savior, God Usopp.

Does Amazon Lily participate in the Reverie? If they do, Hancock could be there.

Kreed

You know it's going to be C as much as no one wants it to be C. Amazon Lily up to the Time Skip and the Dressarosa arc should tell you as much. This is why I really don't get people wanting more members added to the crew sooner than later. All it means is more stories where Oda is forced to split the gang up to give them proper coverage/character growth and we don't see the rest of the crew for months-years, otherwise we end up with characters with little to no growth during arcs (and all the additional side/bonus crew members aren't helping either)

Ray Down

Banned
Hmmm. Alabasta, Dressrosa, Drum??, ???

Ryugua Kingdom/King Neptune would be one they helped.

Does Amazon Lily participate in the Reverie? If they do, Hancock could be there.

No, Amazon Lily is a pirate island that only has lived this long due to Boa position she really isn't an ally to the WG unlike the other Kingdoms, hell I be worried right now.

Considering there at least three or possibly four kingdoms that want to get rid of the shichibukai and Fuji will most likely be there to present the Dressrosa stuff in favor of removing the position.

RomanceDawn

The Reverie! Hip hip hooray!

Things to expect:

1) Vivi! Her role in the arc trying to keep the Wapols of the world in line along with a very heart warming reunion between her and the Straw Hats. Probably more mushy and teary eyed in way that many of us expected the 2 year reunion to be like. If Celestial Dragons are present we should expect some dialogue between them and the Nefartari family as well.

2) Fujitora & War lords! This is gonna be good! Fuji will have so much to say and you can bet that the kingdoms of Alabasta and Dressrosa will be backing him extremely hard. I severely doubt it but what if the Neptunes were opposed to the idea of abolishing the War Lord system because of it being a positive mark in their history? Then again with Jinbe out they probably aren't expecting any new fish men or mermaid pirates to rise that high anyway.

3) Fishman Island Migration! Like the Reverie, I know most people argue this is something that will come into play post Raftel but at the very least this will be a hot topic of discussion.

4) Kaidou's Fall! By this point the new world will be all up in arms about the recent fall of Kaidou.

5) Revolutionaries! Dragon was a topic of interest I think 2 Reverie's ago so of course now that he's grown tremendously since then he will be one of the main discussions. As good guys, I don't think we are going to see the Revolutionaries in tip top shape during the next visit. The Black Beards will probably do a number on them, enough that the idea of the Marines being sent out to finish them off may come up.

6) The Straw Hats! They will be one of the biggest discussions for sure. Guys like Wapol will try to F ship up but then you'll have Vivi, Riku, Dalton, Ice Berg, Neptune Bros, Elizabelo and mysterious toy king sticking up for the Straw Hats in a way that doesn't make them come off as outright allies. There will probably be lengthy and heated discussions about why or why not all attention should be directed towards destroying the Straw Hats. Expect this to be the first time we see the political world take a decisive stand on the issue of the Straw Hats and watch how they get separated right down the middle, foreshadowing the great war after One Piece is found and the lost history is known.

I also think that Jinbe, Sanji and Robin will actually be points of interest during the discussions.

7) Fisher Tiger's flash back! We were only told about Tiger's attack on Mariejois on 2 separate occasions. There will be no better time to tell the tale than from someone who was there and actually witnessed the events! Probably a bitter old Celestial Dragon.

The Reverie! Hip hip hooray!

Things to expect:

1) Vivi! Her role in the arc trying to keep the Wapols of the world in line along with a very heart warming reunion between her and the Straw Hats. Probably more mushy and teary eyed in way that many of us expected the 2 year reunion to be like. If Celestial Dragons are present we should expect some dialogue between them and the Nefartari family as well.

2) Fujitora & War lords! This is gonna be good! Fuji will have so much to say and you can bet that the kingdoms of Alabasta and Dressrosa will be backing him extremely hard. I severely doubt it but what if the Neptunes were opposed to the idea of abolishing the War Lord system because of it being a positive mark in their history? Then again with Jinbe out they probably aren't expecting any new fish men or mermaid pirates to rise that high anyway.

3) Fishman Island Migration! Like the Reverie, I know most people argue this is something that will come into play post Raftel but at the very least this will be a hot topic of discussion.

4) Kaidou's Fall! By this point the new world will be all up in arms about the recent fall of Kaidou.

5) Revolutionaries! Dragon was a topic of interest I think 2 Reverie's ago so of course now that he's grown tremendously since then he will be one of the main discussions. As good guys, I don't think we are going to see the Revolutionaries in tip top shape during the next visit. The Black Beards will probably do a number on them, enough that the idea of the Marines being sent out to finish them off may come up.

6) The Straw Hats! They will be one of the biggest discussions for sure. Guys like Wapol will try to F ship up but then you'll have Vivi, Riku, Dalton, Ice Berg, Neptune Bros, Elizabelo and mysterious toy king sticking up for the Straw Hats in a way that doesn't make them come off as outright allies. There will probably be lengthy and heated discussions about why or why not all attention should be directed towards destroying the Straw Hats. Expect this to be the first time we see the political world take a decisive stand on the issue of the Straw Hats and watch how they get separated right down the middle, foreshadowing the great war after One Piece is found and the lost history is known.

I also think that Jinbe, Sanji and Robin will actually be points of interest during the discussions.

7) Fisher Tiger's flash back! We were only told about Tiger's attack on Mariejois on 2 separate occasions. There will be no better time to tell the tale than from someone who was there and actually witnessed the events! Probably a bitter old Celestial Dragon.
Excited for all of this, and I wonder what lengths the WG would go to censor the discussion is it became problematic for them. Like, this is bound to be the craziest Reverie yet with their authority being undermined from all angles.

Whole cake isn't being built up as a major battle arc but there is easily a lot that could be crammed into it. I think it could easily run for 50 but I think it would be better if it was a lot shorter. I hope around 30. Fight with Capone and maybe some others on similar level but not with Big Mom. Tragic flashback with Pekoms and Pedro that might turn into a fight with the two. Some fun stuff with returning characters. Possibly meeting up with new allies. Maybe something else I forget.

smurfx

get some go again
I'd have to go with Compute, I don't think it'll be a major arc at all.

Imo Kaido will be the first Yonko to be defeated.
luffy might not see her as a major threat but that is as long as she doesn't do anything really bad. lets say luffy stops the wedding and big mom gets pissed and tries to kill sanji will luffy let that go? or big mom or one of her crewmates tries to kill one of the other strawhats? this could easily happen depending on how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom