• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

BB/Mihawk/Marco/Kuma/MC is much more unreliable than I thought it was going to be. Two things:

1) Apparently you need a STR orb on the giant wave to guarantee that you get him to 20% or be prepared to take extra damage.

2) The Sea stallion wave is a pain since all of your units have 4 hit combos, meaning 2 units are going to survive your attack round. Ideally you want them to be the blue and purple ones but that involves some manual targeting which is a pain in the ass. Otherwise you'll take 30,000 damage from a type that can't lock a unit. I fucked up the first time on this stage and died because of it. The next attempt I made it past but was 1 turn away from my Marco cooldown when I needed it and died anyway. This team is waaaaay tougher to manage than I thought it was going to be. I might just go back to the BB/GP Usopp/Marco/Alvida team instead.

I'm not too mad about it though since I used a snail before I attempted Doffy and got a fully overflow stamina bar to work with.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
2/2 on Doffy (and drops!), 1 40 stamina, 1 60 stamina, 0 gems.

Can someone help me interpret the Stall guide on Reddit, or write a better guide? It reads like it's from someone who isn't a native english speaker. https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/3xn9xa/doflamingo_guide_part_1_stalling_guide_mihawk/

I have a max CD usopp, but I feel like I screwed up as I only got to doffy after exactly 17 turns, even using usopp's special on stage 4.

The guide seems inaccurate in spots, too... like saying that the mobs on stage 4 have 5K hp each.

chrono01

Second Doffy down on 40, no drop

how likely is it that I can gem my way through 60
It shouldn't be too bad, since [by the time you die] the immunity buff should be close to wearing off and GP Usopp will give you even more time to finish him off. Just be careful not to damage him below 20% without killing him.

Kyou

It shouldn't be too bad, since [by the time you die] the immunity buff should be close to wearing off and GP Usopp will give you even more time to finish him off. Just be careful not to damage him below 20% without killing him.

I managed to last longer than I thought without dying, still took a few gems (he hit 20%...) but he's mine and I never HAVE to do that again so yay

edit: All in all, 3 gems (-4, then +1) for a unit like Doflamingo is pretty good

chrono01

I managed to last longer than I thought without dying, still took a few gems (he hit 20%...) but he's mine and I never HAVE to do that again so yay

edit: All in all, 3 gems (-4, then +1) for a unit like Doflamingo is pretty good
Nice, congrats!

I'm waiting to gem/farm him personally. A G3 team works, but it's stressful as hell. :/

RedBoot

LOL, forgot Dofy binds the middle row, he got my damage dealers in 40 stam and I lost. Then I forgot to move them and went back into 40 stam. Managed to win somehow. Mihawk team can clear 40 easy, even with only 1 Maxhawk.

Now to try 60. I got a Dofy from 40 stam, so if nothing else I can wait to farm him next time.

EDIT: Oh, and I know nobody noticed because of Dofy, but it looks like we get the Kimonohats next week.

Tidd

hahahaha I wasted 3 runs because for some reason I forgot to use Perona. Don't ask me why. I just didn't used her special.

Whatever, happy new year to everyone and good luck with Doffy.

I'm getting completely boned by RNG with my BB team. The first mob keeps starting with 1 turn cool downs so it's not possible to kill them all in one turn since two of them are blue units so that's a huge chunk of my health right off the bat that I would otherwise be using to stall for my cooldowns. And then on the next turn the crossbow guy keeps spawning with a 1 turn cooldown so unless I kill him right away, he'll lock two of my units and I won't be able to get my combo meter up high enough to down the giant. My only other option is to hope I get a STR orb and let him lock my units but that's even more RNG dependency.

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
2/2 on Doffy (and drops!), 1 40 stamina, 1 60 stamina, 0 gems.

Can someone help me interpret the Stall guide on Reddit, or write a better guide? It reads like it's from someone who isn't a native english speaker. https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/3xn9xa/doflamingo_guide_part_1_stalling_guide_mihawk/

I have a max CD usopp, but I feel like I screwed up as I only got to doffy after exactly 17 turns, even using usopp's special on stage 4.

The guide seems inaccurate in spots, too... like saying that the mobs on stage 4 have 5K hp each.
Are you letting the purple guy lock your Usopp? (or anyone really, you need to get a lock on to get more stall)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Turns out that in order to use Marco on stage 4 (which getting the right stall order in place was a bit confusing), I can use log Luffy special on turn 1 vs. Dofla. Which means I clear doflamingo 60 stamina in 1 turn without attacking. Lol. The stressful part is the stall order, knowing which units can hit me, and getting to stage 4 with 50k hp and 18 turns under my belt.

What I've been doing with BB and 116k HP or so:

Stage 1 - clear everything without getting hit except for blue locker. Let him lock Mihawk, then let him attack twice for a total of 4 turns. (This is the risky ish route, requires skill next stage)

Stage 2 - hopefully with red orbs, just land all perfects, clearing all mobs and leaving giant at half health. Next turn chain some greats to get him under 20%. Stall for 2 more turns then kill ie before he can attack post power up.

If you only let blue dude hit you once in stage 1, let the giant hit you once for 29k, then take those 2 extra turns to get him under 20%, stall more and kill before he attacks powered up.

Stage 3 - clear all mobs in 2 turns, except turtle/lobster, hopefully without getting hit or dealing damage to the evo's. Then just hit them once a turn until they all die, trying to farm red orbs on your red dudes.

Stage 4 - hopefully you have over 50k hp, worst case, above 24k hp. If you have over 50k, starting on the seahorse kill it and the 3 bottom row mobs. Get hit for 24k yellow dude and let purple dude lock Marco. Next turn hit yellow guy once. Turn after kill yellow guy, get hit for 24k by purple guy. Use Marco special, stall a turn if needed for other CDs, then kill purple.

If under 50k and above 24k, kill everyone but purple dude (requires red orbs). Let him lock then kill in the next 2 turns.

Stage 5: if used Marco on stage 4, blow your special load.

If no Marco on stage 4, get specialed, then heal with Marco, attack for 2 turns, then blow specials.

Bam!

GaimeGuy

Holy shit. So,, In my latest Doffy run, here's what happened:

I whiffed on the 3rd perfect on the first turn (missed out on non-debuffed damage).

on the 4th turn, I had a matching orb on arlong, but I thought I could kill the top doflamingo with G3s and get the 6th hit on the bottom doflamingo.
Well, turns out I was wrong - didn't kill the top doflamingo until arlong.

So, after 4 turns, the only damage I had on the bottom doflamingo was mihawk's special. (I've also used my arlong, and G3 specials at this time)

I use usopp's special. I now hawe 4 turns to take out the bottom doflamingo.

i have a mataching orb on my G3. I start with usopp. Perfect. Jozu. Perfect. Mihawk. MISS! FUCK! Arlong: great, then I just let my friend luffy hit without comboing into my captain G3.

3 turns until doom. Still just the 1 matching orb on my G3. Usopp. Pefect. Jozu. Great (FUCK). MIhawk Perfect, friend G3 great (FUCK), i let arlong hit without using my own captain.

2 turns until doom, I need some RNG and clutch performance. My Luffy still has a matching orb. Arlong gets a matching orb. Thank you RNG Goddess.
Usopp: Perfect
Jozu: Perfect
Mihawk: Perfect
Friend G3: Perfect
My G3: Perfect
Arlong: Perfect

900+k damage. YES.

1 turn until doom, but doffy still has 700+K HP.

I get red orbs on My luffy and arlong again! It's now or never!
Usopp: PERFECT!
Jozu: PERFECT!!
Mihawk: PERFECT!!!
My G3 (I don't want to risk a miss with the friend's unboosted G3, and breaking the combo chain before I can use my G3 and arlong): PERFECT!!!!
Arlong: PERFECT!!!!! I WIN!

Holy shit this raid is going to be the end of me.

Majukun

wasted 2 stamina bars trying the 60 stamina.. Dofla always survives with some health left.. tried using mihawk but had problems killing all the minions in order with him because atk is not enough.. put kuma instead for orb control but still doesn't seem to be enough.. probably have to be more. consistent with perfects... now a bit of sleep

With a fulll combo and no STR orb I can't get the giant to 20%. I really dislike how this and the mob cooldown makes this raid more luck dependent than I would have liked.

The game tried apologizing to me for the failed runs with two stamina refills but I can't be so easily bought. I've got my eye on you game...

3 down, 78 more Doffys to go. ::sob::

Heng

So the Japanese version is having Sugofest and I decided to pull. First poster was red! And...

DdfEpCl.jpg

...I already have him... Sigh...

GaimeGuy

ghCJcxO.jpg

Also, I got 12 more doffys to feed to him for special levels.

Probably going to get about ~30 this go around, but I'm not going to use any of them until sockets come.

chrono01

Congrats on those Japanese Sugofest pulls, Heng and Vidula!

Also, Happy New Year's everyone! It just hit 12AM here, so I figured I'd offer my best wishes. Here's hoping 2016 is amazing for us in Treasure Cruise. Legend units for everyone!

Except me. ;_;

DrAg0nBoY

Ok I am getting more and more stupid. I used 3 gems to get Doffy (60 stamina), because I made 2 stupid mistakes. That was 3 hours ago.

From then I tried the stage 5 times and never even got to him anymore, lol. I am dying on the first or second stage because I get killed from easy mobs, lol.

Got my Doffy evolved and to level 63.

Oh well, happy new year to everyone.

Heng

lol stalling correctly on stages 1 and 2 with Whitebeard team is harder than expected
Once I past stage 1, it's easy sailing from there. What's giving you trouble on stage 2? Trying to drop the giant to 20%?

Congrats on those Japanese Sugofest pulls, Heng and Vidula!

Also, Happy New Year's everyone! It just hit 12AM here, so I figured I'd offer my best wishes. Here's hoping 2016 is amazing for us in Treasure Cruise. Legend units for everyone!

Except me. ;_;
Thanks, and happy new years to everyone! This year might be the year you get a legend so don't give up. >_<

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
What's interesting about farming this raid is that unfortunately, it is not brain dead at all. You have to be paying constant attention every step of the way, which units are on cool down, switching mid-stream sometimes, just to make sure you take just enough damage. I'm tapping out for tonight. Ended up with 36 copies so far. Also the dude on his phone for the entirety of the NY's party lol.

Happy new year!

Edit: also my most hilarious run was me being at 60k HP on stage 2 while having bad orbs, then auto lock deciding to ignore the fact that the purple guy was at 1 CD and focuses on the 2 CD dudes, so I took a big hit from him, then got bad orbs on that second turn, so I took a monster hit from the giant, leaving at 7k HP. I had stalled for so many damn turns at that point due to the mess ups, that I had to pray for good CDs the next stage and just kill everything without messing up. I killed Doffy that stage. Felt proud and weird.

Jayhawk

Once I past stage 1, it's easy sailing from there. What's giving you trouble on stage 2? Trying to drop the giant to 20%?

Yep, making sure I don't kill the giant so I can maximize stalling time. This raid boss needs execution!

Left handed people have an unfair natural advantage in this game. Tapping with their dominant hand lets them switch targets with their right hand without having to cover up their screen trying to reach across. I demand reparations!

Left handed people have an unfair natural advantage in this game. Tapping with their dominant hand lets them switch targets with their right hand without having to cover up their screen trying to reach across. I demand reparations!

Still trying to focus on getting perfects makes it tough still

What's interesting about farming this raid is that unfortunately, it is not brain dead at all. You have to be paying constant attention every step of the way, which units are on cool down, switching mid-stream sometimes, just to make sure you take just enough damage. I'm tapping out for tonight. Ended up with 36 copies so far. Also the dude on his phone for the entirety of the NY's party lol.

I'm more impressed that you got 36 copies while being out. If there's anything this game has taught me, it's that farming raid bosses sucks the life out of your phone battery.

Majukun

good 2016 to all OPTC gaf

by the way,next in line is the kimono strawhat fortnight..it's the one with the microscopic chance to drop mr 2 right?

chrono01

Oh nice, we get a Parage Shot Sanji just for logging in. Special seems decent too, it comes max'd at 15 turns and halves enemy defense for two turns and randomly scrambles slots. Doubles QCK characters' ATK as his Captain Ability.

BTW for those farming Perona, Halloween Chopper is perfect for it. You don't even need to stall for GP Usopp, just remove the Gloom as soon as you reach her stage and kill her. It speeds up the run a bit, anyway.

ElChado

Neo Member

Happy new year!

Edit: also my most hilarious run was me being at 60k HP on stage 2 while having bad orbs, then auto lock deciding to ignore the fact that the purple guy was at 1 CD and focuses on the 2 CD dudes, so I took a big hit from him, then got bad orbs on that second turn, so I took a monster hit from the giant, leaving at 7k HP. I had stalled for so many damn turns at that point due to the mess ups, that I had to pray for good CDs the next stage and just kill everything without messing up. I killed Doffy that stage. Felt proud and weird.

Really? i find my team is pretty brain dead.
Stage 1: take out everything but green penguin and blue top guy in the first turn. get locked by blue guy, take a hit by blue guy, on 1 left then kill him, next turn kill penguin

Stage 2: take out all units but giant, hit giant a bit but not to low hp. take the 20k+ hit, hit him again this time to the low 20% or close to it, next turn finish getting him to 20% or if he is just feather touch him. He buffs, continue to feather touch, on 1 turn kill him

Stage 3, kill everything but turtle/lobster asap, then one turn hit per turn the lower cooldown between the turtle and lobster, finishes both in 4 attacks.

Stage 4, kill sea horse, and every colour that isnt blue/purple(i find either blackbeards can one shot the elder with a great+, like wise the red and green units so just swap to the top yellow to get the last 2 hits in), get locked, kill one of them, next turn kill the other.

Stage 5, whitebeard and mihawk special, attack as normal, 2nd turn use marco, take 72k hit, special to kill both.

Sure it feels a bit slow, but the only time i messed it up was when i went too fast. Though my team is double blackbeard(aiming for a sub 20 friend), max wb/mihawk/marco.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Happy New Year OPTC GAF !!!

I wont have time to farm Doffy at all - which kinda sucks after all the preparation but he will be back down the line. Just did the 40 and 60 stamina versions for the clear. Keeping my BB up for the rest of you - good luck farming him.

Kumo

Happy New year/Doffy farming everyone!
lol thanks bamco

May RNGesus bless all of you for the year to come~

Hisoka

Whoa, G3 have a blast if you hit everything right. But i didn't two times so far, so i wasted 120 stamina already. Lucky me got at least a stamina refill, so i'm 3:2 against doffy, with a lucky drop on 40sta. 3 doffys so far, wont farm him outside of my natural stamina refill until slots get added. Have fun and luck GAF farming this Monster.

On a related note, I know it was mentioned a thousand times, what's the best way to reroll? Might want to try, if there's still japanese sugo? Is there? Thanks :)

Edit: Oh Yeah, happy new year OPTC GAF Family

Jayhawk

I was able to beat 60-stamina Doflamingo without using gems using Whitebeard team and also using a G3 team. I won't be using gems to farm 60+ copies this time around because...

-I don't have enough Whitebeard friend captains with max skill
-My own Whitebeard needs 3 more skill ups for maximum damage potential
-A Jozu or 17-turn cooldown Perona would be nice

It looks like I should spend gems on Perona instead for now, and level her up a bit more to deal more damage on stage 1 60-stamina when Whitebeard's captain ability is inactive.

Majukun

damn.. farming Dofla with hangover isn't great.. only managed to farm 4 so far.. and I'm surprised there are so few max skill monster choppers on my friend list.. it's seriously hindering my speed

I'll probably never manage to farm the 40 Dofla I wanted.. especially since I keep making mistakes.. the blackbeard team doesn't need skill right? too bad I still have it at 25 cd and nowhere near max level...

Tried 40 sta Dofla with my Mihawk team two times, got my ass kicked both times.

Realised in hindsight I was using the merry rather than Mihawk's ship,

I got somewhat close to beating him both times, I think with some orb luck I might've.

I'll probably skip out on trying for now & will try again next time he comes around, by then I Should have a more viable team and hopefully a maxed mihawk ship.

Hana-Bi

Man, almost screwed my first 60 stam run on the first stage because I missed my perfects with my G3 team. I also killed the giant without triggering the 20% power up and missed the third perfect on stage 5 on turn 1 while I had three red orbs. But I was able to kill him with one attack turn left. So a G3 team isn't that bad because you can make some mistakes and still win.

But I think I won't have the time to farm him today. :(

Mazre

Sugo-
Sw Nico
Baby5
Buffalo 5*
Vergo
CP9 Kalifa
Sugar - special insta kills enemies with sub 20% HP, don't know how immunity blocker interacts

Tidd

First three turns are the worst one. Once I get to turn 4 with GPU special ready it's easy. I forgot how tedious it is to farm raid bosses. <.<

For my Japan sugo:
I did pull Sugar (could be a really great character: https://youtu.be/zAkjaxFBkGE) and SW Brook.

Copons

Took 3 gems to beat 60 Doffy in a real bad run just back home after the new year party.
I'd be crying for how much I suck at this game, but all in all who cares, I've beaten Doffy yo!

RedBoot

The double Mihawk team does handle 60 stamina fairly well, assuming nothing goes terribly wrong (and Arlong had a blue orb for half the fight, so there's some leeway). The problem is, I only have a handful of Maxhawk friends up, most everyone else is doing Chopper, G3, or BB. :p Doesn't matter much, I'm not going to be able to farm much more today anyway. I've got a few extra Dofys right now, if I can get 5-8 later today I'll consider it a good start.

Gonna have to get a lot of working teams to truly farm him next time, though. I can do Chopper and BB with some more preparation, but all the G3 friend captains don't help. Maybe there's a possible team that uses a G3 FC and something else as my captain?

Top Bottom