• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Dumb question incoming: How exactly does killer work. Do you just tap really quickly with the first three people so as not to get a good or miss?

The way I do it is I tap the first 4 people super fast ie in a row (the 4th person being the first attacker with the 3.5x boost in the chain), then wait, then hit the perfect with the 4th person, and proceed like normal with the rest.

mileS

Been looking for an account on Reddit but I'm having no luck so far. It's either that or wait for the next Sugofest. Not even sure when that will be. If anyone has an old account or preferably a decent starter one that would be amazing <3

Dandte

60 BB Copies while Double Skill up -> skill level 10

5 BB Copies while no skill up -> skill level 12

o7x1oEZ.gif

this can't be true...

chrono01

Did 3 runs with a Killer team. Got 17, 19 and 22.

Definitely doable. I should get to 25 in a few more tries.
I wish I had Killer. Switching mobs mid-combo with G3 Luffy is annoying. :/

Geez, it's been like a month since I last posted in this thread. Admittedly, I was kinda disenfranchised with the game after two terrible sugofests. The first one had a rate up for a bunch of units I didn't have and I didn't pull a single one. I absolutely hated the Shandia fortnight since it felt like the only thing worthwhile from it was Kuma skillbooks which were pretty rare. I had already farmed all the story mode characters from Ark Maxim and it's kinda hard playing the game when it feels like you aren't building towards anything. Same thing with the Duck Squad fortnight. I didn't need any of the manuals and I couldn't even do the Franky ranking mission because I didn't have a Robin. Just to give myself something to do in the game I decided to level up and evolve some of my worse characters just for the hell of it, those being Tashigi, Bepo, and Log Brook, the former two I wound up pulling their evolved form in the next sugofest in a cruel twist of fate. I had really been pulling for Kid and Robin and kind of feel like I'd been had by the game for a while with the rate ups and all the pulls I had been doing with very little results. Fortunately for me I got a couple good new units during the Christmas sugo, those being Vista, Moriah, Log Franky, and Log Zoro. On Christmas day I decided to do 6 more pulls and got both Kid and Robin so I was pretty happy about that, even if it felt like the game had taken me for a ride.

All that aside, I did finally hit my day 300 which is quite nice getting 10 gems right before Doffy. I'm going to post my box for prosperity (the characters marked with green circles are skill maxed). Still no legends yet but I can make due with what I have.
Welcome back!

does anyone wants to tap? T__T
Sure, I'm ready for tapping whenever. I promise no Beli/Friend Points.

...Maybe.

Skillmaxed BB, only took 10 BBs. (I only had 4 until Max) Woot. Time to get my Perona farm on.
Congrats!

ElChado

Neo Member
Skillmaxed BB, only took 10 BBs. (I only had 4 until Max) Woot. Time to get my Perona farm on.

I saved up 50 the first time he was here and ended up 1 level away from max. i dont want to actively farm him again till sockets, so i ran him a few times to try my altered jozu team (jozu/jozu/kaku/kamakiri/thatch/capone) since i finally got thatch last sugo and wanted to try kamakiri out. fairly safe it appears.

Dumb question incoming: How exactly does killer work. Do you just tap really quickly with the first three people so as not to get a good or miss?

Most people will say just tap 4 times fast then try to land perfects when the last unit runs up. This works most of the time, but sometimes the game glitches and the last unit runs up in the middle of the others and if you aren't paying attention your attack just ends.

Doing perona challenge i found a very safe and easy to follow method for killer is this, tap your first unit. as it runs up tap the next, then wait a split second for the current unit to stop his attack and the next unit to begin running up then tap your next one, do the same again, then when the 4th guy comes out to hit you try to land your perfects. This way NEVER glitches as long as you tap it fast enough and give each unit enough time to run out. The other way of tap 4 fast is the easy to explain method that as i mentioned works most times but it can mess/glitch up.

60 BB Copies while Double Skill up -> skill level 10

5 BB Copies while no skill up -> skill level 12

this can't be true...

it has to be posted again

464988a-i1.0.jpg

Kumo

This challenge was pretty tough. For those of you using G3, I've only had to switch targets mid-combo for stage 2 or 3. I forget which one, but it's the one with 4 mobs including 1 penguin and turtle. I first killed the marine and switched to the penguin right next to him. Even still, you can just concede this one stage as long as you do perfect for the rest of the stages. It just means you have less of a cushion.

For all the other stages, aim to take out 2 targets at a time (or 3 if you intend to finish the stage off) and be mindful of your orbs. A blue orb on a STR unit is okay if your target is a green mob. Red orbs are good for dealing with the blue mobs (I think there's only 1). The team I used included MC, GP Usopp, and 2 turtles. Any blue orbs on luffy or MC should generally be rerolled at the start of your combo.

If you do this, you should be able to hit every mob for over 50k, provided your orb luck is okay. One other thing is it's possible to start your combo on the seahorse and pigs since they can survive the initial hits, so use that to your advantage. Lastly, it's possible to get 4 hits into perona and kumacy with this team. I forgot to pay attention, but it depends on your orbs, and you need to either aim for good or great. It took a good amount of trial and error and some decent orb luck, but I finally did it. I hit 24 a few times and I was ready to rage quit lol.

pelicansurf

My best Perona run was 28, I think. 5th place according to the all knowing ranking list. 1st place has someone with 77 hits which is clearly hacked and 2nd a guy with unevolved prison croc with +100 recovery candies. Weird.

Majukun

watsed a bar of stamina..still haven't done this mission..i always mess up somewhere..and changing target mid combo is close to impossible on a small smartphone screen

Haven't been on in a while so if this has been mentioned forgive me, but is the friends list spreadsheet gone now? I was looking to add other Luffy Voyage Log folks since nobody else seems to have it on my list but me and occasionally a couple other people. It's almost not that useful if the rest of my list uses Gear Thirds, which obviously really don't mesh, hah.

chrono01

watsed a bar of stamina..still haven't done this mission..i always mess up somewhere..and changing target mid combo is close to impossible on a small smartphone screen
Same here. I'm just going to move on and start farming for Perona copies, I still need to level her skill and she rarely drops from the 15-stamina version.

Haven't been on in a while so if this has been mentioned forgive me, but is the friends list spreadsheet gone now? I was looking to add other Luffy Voyage Log folks since nobody else seems to have it on my list but me and occasionally a couple other people. It's almost not that useful if the rest of my list uses Gear Thirds, which obviously really don't mesh, hah.
I think so.

We should probably make a new one, there's probably a lot of people I've yet to add myself.

Jayhawk

I ain't even attempting the mission until after Doflamingo. I gotta use my free stamina on farming Blackbeard and Monster Chopper. Gotta hoard to the max until next skill up event. I should probably discard skill books I have for characters I don't have.

Kyou

wasnt going to bother with blackbeard, figured I'd do a couple 30 runs just for fun.

2/2 on drops *puts on cool guy sunglasses*

0/2 for skill ups

Heng

Been looking for an account on Reddit but I'm having no luck so far. It's either that or wait for the next Sugofest. Not even sure when that will be. If anyone has an old account or preferably a decent starter one that would be amazing <3
Check your PM.

I still have the link to the old one, quote to see it.

I ain't even attempting the mission until after Doflamingo. I gotta use my free stamina on farming Blackbeard and Monster Chopper. Gotta hoard to the max until next skill up event. I should probably discard skill books I have for characters I don't have.

Still sitting on 19 Kuma books. Bastard won't drop for me even with STR up.

koryuken

Blackbeard continues to puzzle me.

Here are all of my QUK characters:
DJ Sanji Lv 60
Ace Lv 51
Jozu Lv 86
Hina Lv 60
Lucci Lv 32
Prisoner Crocodile Lv 29
Kaku Lv 63
Brook Lv 51
Koza Lv 60
Killer Lv 27
Capone Lv 36
Ivan Lv 20
HW Zorro Lv 25 (I stupidly didn't farm him)
HW Nami Lv 22
Mr Prince Lv 13
Horn Point Chopper Lv 25
Kuro Lv 44
Tashigi Lv 23
Miss Valentine Lv 28

I know my levels aren't the best, but it really feels like QUK units in general don't have the muscle of other types, and Blackbeard locking one of your units cripples your hitting power even further. Can't debuff him, and once below 50%HP he debuffs you every other turn.

He feels like an enemy that really doesn't have a good counter. I can sort of reliably beat him on 30 stamina but I struggle on 40 way more than against the other raid bosses.

Your levels are just way too low broham. Capone and Killer have extremely high attacks (some of the highest in the game even), but they need to be max level. You have a team that can do it, but you don't have the levels. Cpn Ace + Jozu friend, Capone, Killer, Kaku, Sanji/Hina (Sanji if you have trouble on stage 4) is the team that i used to farm him the first time. The safest way is double Jozu, but once again you will likely die due to low levels. Generally, raid bosses on the higher difficulty require units at level 80+ :(

koryuken

The team i heard about and saw a video on was killer/killer/marco/chopper/arlong/whitebeard (whitebeard was used for his hp/atk, but the video had candy in his to hit 50k dmg hits, so this last spot doesnt matter much it seems as long as it's strength)
this is the video, he does 2 runs

I saw this video on reddit and was able to clear the challenge. I would say the ideal team is not with WB, but Killer, Killer, Marco, max BB, max Arlong, max MC. The reason being WB atk was too low to get 50k on Perona without hitting a followup char on a Killer team. I was able to use Marco and stall the hell out of Perona doing 52k dmg a turn with max level BB (who has just over 1400atk). When i tried doing WB on the 4th hit, he only did 49k... just barely below.

I had 20 50k hits upon reaching her and was able to get additional 5 hits just by attacking with killer,killer,marco > BB (no follow up). Make sure that the last STR char in the chain does not have a red orb, or it will do too much damage to her. Marco is also crucial because he heals you to full HP, allowing you to stall easily on Perona while hitting her with 1 STR char per turn.

pelicansurf

My team was Killer / Killer / MC / Log Luffy / Usopp / Marco. One thing to note is that it's ok to just take down 1-2 mobs a turn, as long as you're doing over 50k. Sets you up better for killing turtles and penguins too.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
everyone ready for dollfy? i just got my Third Gear Luffy to Max but my jozus only lvl 48

As ready as I'll ever be.

Luffy, Arlong, and Usopp are max level
Jozu and Mihawk are Level 86.

Luffy's special is level 2
Jozu's special is level 3
Usopp and Mihawk have maxed specials.

slash3584

everyone ready for dollfy? i just got my Third Gear Luffy to Max but my jozus only lvl 48

Im totally underleveled, but I have 10 gems just waiting to be burned reviving my team vs Dofla xD

My team:

Cap - Gear 3rd Luffy Lvl 60
Friend Cap - Gear 3rd Luffy
Usopp Lvl 53
Mihawk Lvl 55
Alvida Lvl 51/ Jozu Lvl 49
Blamenco Lvl 50 / Arlong Lvl 49

In the 60 sta mode Doffy it's a sure drop, right?

Heng

I'm not sure how I'm going to do Doflamingo without Jozu. I tried pulling him many times, no luck. :/
Is your Perona under 20 turn CD? She'd make a fine substitute for Jozu, or you could always fall back on Alvida if she isn't.

Im totally underleveled, but I have 10 gems just waiting to be burned reviving my team vs Dofla xD

My team:

Cap - Gear 3rd Luffy Lvl 60
Friend Cap - Gear 3rd Luffy
Usopp Lvl 53
Mihawk Lvl 55
Alvida Lvl 51/ Jozu Lvl 49
Blamenco Lvl 50 / Arlong Lvl 49

In the 60 sta mode Doffy it's a sure drop, right?
Yes

I'm going to farm Doffy (I'm going to use 12 gems) and hopefully sockets will be out by the time the next double skill rate come around, if not just hold on to the copies.

chrono01

Is your Perona under 20 turn CD? She'd make a fine substitute for Jozu, or you could always fall back on Alvida if she isn't.
Yeah, my Perona is Level 87 [could probably level her more with the green turtles/pigs I'm hoarding] with a skill CD of 15.

So would:

G3/G3
Arlong or Monster Chopper
Mihawk
Perona
GP Usopp

Work as a team?

RalchAC

I'm not going to set a "fixed" number of copies to farm. Just as many as I can. I've upgraded my box to 450 and I'm hesitating if I should just keep those Doffys until sockets or just feed them during the next skill up.

Hope they are released soon. I hate the feeling of farming stuff when I know I will have to farm the same stuff again in the near future.

My team was Killer / Killer / MC / Log Luffy / Usopp / Marco. One thing to note is that it's ok to just take down 1-2 mobs a turn, as long as you're doing over 50k. Sets you up better for killing turtles and penguins too.

Same team for me. Since my Usopp skill is maxed, I could use it at Kumacy and again at Perona. The turn I got 25 points I didn't even use Marco, so people that don't have him (but do have Killer) should be able to get to the top anyway.

Thank you very much! :) I knew Gaf would help me out but this is exactly what I wanted. Thanks to you and RalchAC.

You are welcome!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well, here's the team I'm using for monster chopper:
Captain: Lv 86 Jozu
Friend Captain: Jozu (Level 60-99)
Lv 50 DJ Sanji
Lv 63 Kaku
Lv 37 Capone
Our Lord and Savior, God Usopp.

The idea is to orb manipulate and stall (but not taking damage, or at least, too much damage) on the first 3 waves, use Sanji's special on the 4th wave, and then have 40-45K HP at the start of Monster Chopper. You will be able to survive at least 4 of chopper's regular attacks, possibly 5 with a few meat orbs. So, go to town on him, have your orbs set up. By the time he has you down to sub 10k (or ~12K) HP, your orbs should be set up (hopefully without needing to use capone's special), and he should be down to 50% HP, or maybe slightly lower

Use Usopp's special, use kaku's special, attack, use capone's special (assuming RNG gave you a few STR/DEX orbs - if not, keep it in your back pocket ) , attack, he should be dead. If not then you still have 2 turns to finish him off

Majukun

ready with 2 teams

2x monster chopper
mihawk
jozu
blamenco
gp usopp

and

2x mihawk
mr one
jozu
arlong
gp usopp

all lv maxxed

technically both should be able to deal with doffy..but i'll probably go with monster chopper i don't know it sounds more reliable

Out of curiosity, who else here is planning on farming Doffy with BB teams? If you have a WB to use as a sub, it's the fastest farming method but even without one it's likely the safest. It seems like most people here are running MC teams so I feel like I might need to go BB friend hunting on Reddit.

pelicansurf

Out of curiosity, who else here is planning on farming Doffy with BB teams? If you have a WB to use as a sub, it's the fastest farming method but even without one it's likely the safest. It seems like most people here are running MC teams so I feel like I might need to go BB friend hunting on Reddit.
I'm going BB. I think Koryuken and Lucy are as well.

Majukun

i don't have it maxxed so i'm not going with teach..otherwise it's a more than effective choice

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
download3dkrb.png

My final Doffy team is the first team that came into my mind...funny how i thought about a couple other config only to end up here again. With the units i have it seems to be safest/fastest option - i replaced MC with with Kuma. I lose 7K HP that way and some general atk - but the guaranteed matching orbs from Kid and Kumas active in round 1 and 2 against Doffy are worth more.

Round 1 - Mihawk active (720k), Kid/Kuma active (if needed) attacking left Doffy
Round 2 - Marco active, Kid/Kuma active (if needed) attacking right Doffy
Round 3 - both BB actives (720k x 2), end

Did i miss something ?

Stalling will be interesting but i should be okay.

@Zeke

BB here as well, but we are already friends.

Majukun

i was thinking..if i bring a mihawk..it's better to use it immediately or when the 2 doflamingos raise their defense?

i was thinking..if i bring a mihawk..it's better to use it immediately or when the 2 doflamingos raise their defense?

Well Mihawk cuts away 30% of REMAINING health so the less health the enemy has, the weaker Mihawk's attack will be.

Honestly the only reason you'd want to delay using Mihawk is for enemies where the only real issue is them healing at sub 20% and wanting to use mihawk to increase your final burst damage.

(which is why you usually save Mihawk when facing Iva)

MiTYH

Yikes, I'm off my game today. 2/4 on the 40 stamina Monster Chopper, since I'm messing up perfects for my G3 team. Never had this problem before, makes me VERY worried for Doffy tomorrow since G3 is my only viable team.

Majukun

Well Mihawk cuts away 30% of REMAINING health so the less health the enemy has, the weaker Mihawk's attack will be.

Honestly the only reason you'd want to delay using Mihawk is for enemies where the only real issue is them healing at sub 20% and wanting to use mihawk to increase your final burst damage.

(which is why you usually save Mihawk when facing Iva)

i know that..what i was thinking though it's that it's way easier to deal damage with attacks when his defense isn't buffed,while mihawk bybasses any defense

so i was wondering if

100% - 30% - damage against defense buffed

was still more than

100% - damage without defense buff - 30% of remaining health

basically it depends if in one turn without the defense buff the team is still able to do at least 30% damage off the first doffy and if 30% of the remaining hp is higher than the damage you can do with the defense buff active

Copons

Finally beaten Perona ranking, I'm out for good, let's hope tomorrow I'm gonna wake up fairly early to try Doffy as much as I can.

Y'all keep posting your super powerful teams, so then I'm gonna copy one of you!

and happy new year I guess?

i know that..what i was thinking though it's that it's way easier to deal damage with attacks when his defense isn't buffed,while mihawk bybasses any defense

so i was wondering if

100% - 30% - damage against defense buffed

was still more than

100% - damage without defense buff - 30% of remaining health

basically it depends if in one turn without the defense buff the team is still able to do at least 30% damage off the first doffy and if 30% of the remaining hp is higher than the damage you can do with the defense buff active

I don't quite get the logic ... Doflamingo's buff is automatic on the 2nd turn right? Not based on you doing damage first?

Mihawk's special does most damage when the enemy's health is full, so before your first attacks.

Maybe I'm just misreading what you're saying though.

Majukun

I don't quite get the logic ... Doflamingo's buff is automatic on the 2nd turn right? Not based on you doing damage first?

Mihawk's special does most damage when the enemy's health is full, so before your first attacks.

Maybe I'm just misreading what you're saying though.

nevermind,i misread something on reddit,now it's much clearer

Top Bottom