• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

results for now.. wondering if I should gem before the skillup ends

kid Lv 3 (9 turns)
blamenco Lv 5 (16 turns)
Mr 1 Lv 5 (14 turns)
miss double finger Lv 6 (10 turns)
prison Croco Lv 7 (18 turns)
prison bones Lv 2 (21 turns)

not exactly amazing counting I haven't done any turtle time to farm Croco.. lots of 5 books resulting in nothing

bjork

I only got two Crocs, and the one Mr. 1. I think I might just cruise fortnights for collecting purposes until sockets hit. Croc dropped nothing but Kid books for me, and the only skill ups I had from him were from dupes of sugofests past. It feels hard to justify grinding a character for skill ups now, unless they're considered essential to a build.

Jayhawk

I only got two Crocs, and the one Mr. 1. I think I might just cruise fortnights for collecting purposes until sockets hit. Croc dropped nothing but Kid books for me, and the only skill ups I had from him were from dupes of sugofests past. It feels hard to justify grinding a character for skill ups now, unless they're considered essential to a build.

It's not bad to grind a fortnight when they have the best XP/stamina ratio. Improving skill levels of characters you will actually use is more beneficial than farming old story isles for characters you don't need.

bjork

It's not bad to grind a fortnight when they have the best XP/stamina ratio. Improving skill levels of characters you will actually use is more beneficial than farming old story isles for characters you don't need.

It feels like my teams have been set for a long time now, though. I'll go for Doflamingo, but I doubt I'll try and max skill or level him because I can't run him twice without waiting for stamina to refill. Other than him and BB, I'm trying to remember the last one I really went in on, and I think it was Perona. I got her max/max and that's fine, but I don't know that I necessarily need a duck squad or tsuru etc. Not that I need Chess either, but man do I need Chess to drop... it's a sickness.

Kyou

Neat, if you quit out mid Carue special you'll resume before you used it and it'll give you different orbs

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Skill book drop at croc!!!
A book for unevolved Robin, seriously wtf is that for.
At least should make the book from croc is Kid or Blamenco.
Used 25 books for 4 skill up currently, used 3 gems so far.
Anyway the book will come back at new arlong fortnight, and the cd is quite low too.
So no stress.
heh yeah - im very relaxed, Holidays have been too good to be pissed about it xD
It is as you said...his CD is very low and the skillbooks will return.

Those Mr. 9 and and PreEvo Robin skillbooks are killing me though...always thinking...WHY ? lol
http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/

Doflamingo guide is finally published! Still working on uploading some of the team guides, but we should hopefully have those finished up by the end of the day.

Thanks man !!!

There is a Prince Sanji 60 stamina team ? /dead
Okay the page isnt up yet but im looking forward to what kind of Sanji squad could clear the stage lol.

Stalling Guide will be very helpful - i will likely use BB so its just a question of making it safely to Doffy to take him out.

There is a Prince Sanji 60 stamina team ? /dead
Okay the page isnt up yet but im looking forward to what kind of Sanji squad could clear the stage lol.

Yes there is, and it is magnificent. I'm actually finishing the guide for that right now, so I'll post once it is uploaded.

Mr. Prince has become my favorite Character now. I'm going to make it my goal to try to clear every Raid Boss with Mr. Prince.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Still off for the holidays and finally gave this forest a sincere go today. Took a bit of doing, but I'm glad it's all over with now. Went with 2x Whitebeard, Alvida, Mihawk, GP Usopp and Perona. All units were max/max. Went from 999 cola to 467, so it took 532 cola total to max the Moby Dick.

I tried a variety of team leads with 2x Ray and 2x Log Luffy but 2x Whitebeard ended up being the most consistent damage/power wise with our current Global setup. The forest overall is RNG dependent on orbs, while good turn counters on the enemies is helpful you just have to be mindful of having specials ready and monitoring your HP. If anyone is interested I can definitely give more of a breakdown. Otherwise, happy hunting on all your respective ends.

TX8H0NA.png

ElChado

Neo Member
Still off for the holidays and finally gave this forest a sincere go today. Took a bit of doing, but I'm glad it's all over with now. Went with 2x Whitebeard, Alvida, Mihawk, GP Usopp and Perona. All units were max/max. Went from 999 cola to 467, so it took 532 cola total to max the Moby Dick.

I tried a variety of team leads with 2x Ray and 2x Log Luffy but 2x Whitebeard ended up being the most consistent damage/power wise with our current Global setup. The forest overall is RNG dependent on orbs, while good turn counters on the enemies is helpful you just have to be mindful of having specials ready and monitoring your HP. If anyone is interested I can definitely give more of a breakdown. Otherwise, happy hunting on all your respective ends.

Grats man. i tried for a while when it first came out but i noticed every time i got to stage 18/19 my alvida had 2 turns left. I wondered when it would hit me for not maxing alvida and i guess here it is.

Congrats! Moby Dick is really only worth it if you have whitebeard right?

You can use the boat with any team since it doesnt specify like the coffin boat. What i mean is if you have enough recovery or plan to heal eventually, moby dick is the best ship.

Congrats! Moby Dick is really only worth it if you have whitebeard right?

It could hypothetically be useful for other teams as well, assuming they have a decent RCV. Rayleigh teams especially can make use of it (in some instances).

Congrats by the way Lucy!

Jayhawk

It feels like my teams have been set for a long time now, though. I'll go for Doflamingo, but I doubt I'll try and max skill or level him because I can't run him twice without waiting for stamina to refill. Other than him and BB, I'm trying to remember the last one I really went in on, and I think it was Perona. I got her max/max and that's fine, but I don't know that I necessarily need a duck squad or tsuru etc. Not that I need Chess either, but man do I need Chess to drop... it's a sickness.

I'm only at 120+ stamina because I've been diligent with XP/stamina the past couple months from doing the fortnights. I've used a stamina bar here or there to try to farm a couple characters, usually with no luck... but hurray for 2 Doflamingo runs per stamina bar.

koryuken

It could hypothetically be useful for other teams as well, assuming they have a decent RCV. Rayleigh teams especially can make use of it (in some instances).

Congrats by the way Lucy!

I would argue many teams, depending on subs. Log Luffy, Sengoku, Ray, and others benefit from this boat. If you can heal 1500hp from meat or more, its worth it.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Moby Dick is really only worth it if you have whitebeard right?

Like both ElChado and Clogger mentioned there is definite use across other teams outside of Whitebeard. The 50% HP cut can easily be made up with decent RCV. I haven't used the ship yet myself, but I'll definitely give it choice over Merry in the fortnights to come to see how it works out.

i tried for a while when it first came out but i noticed every time i got to stage 18/19 my alvida had 2 turns left. I wondered when it would hit me for not maxing alvida and i guess here it is.

I'm doing this off the top of my head and am assuming you went with a Whitebeard team. But your Alvida might be workable, you'll need to use it at Blamenco early on and then Vista. I can't remember the turn counter between those two stages as it does vary, but I feel it should be workable. Although, if not, you could potentially try to heal enough to take a hit from Izo and then proceed from there.

The key would be having Alvida ready by Marco and if by some luck him having a 3 turn counter on his appearance. Otherwise, in order to make this happen you'll need to dance around on the Jozu stage and a good way to ensure she'll be ready is if you can tank his 6,700 ATK at least once. But that's dependent if you can heal enough with meat orbs and still farm a green orb on Mihawk twice to finish him off.

Once you pass Marco, you'll need to hang around on 19 for as long as possible anyway, up to 17 turns to reignite the Whitebeard and Mihawk specials. Worst case scenario it maybe only 15, but that's the bare minimum you need to stay there regardless. While it's anomalous, I have been able to heal here to full HP to tank a full hit from Blamenco at 13,680 ATK and this is something that may help you in your run as well.

Once you get to 20, you only need 6,000 HP to survive that stage total. Whitebeard will do his 70% HP cut on you, then you have 3 turns to beat Jozu/Marco. The 2x Whitebeard specials and Mihawk special will do wonders damage wise. Then it doesn't matter who is activated first, to tank Whitebeard's attacks. It's simply the HP, Perona will eat the 2,000 and Alvida needs 4,000. And right before he's able to attack a third time, you'll have GP Usopp ready by that point to finish the job.

What I did early on in my runs is map out the forest, based on what I knew for turn counters both worst and best case in relation to my unit's own special cooldowns. It could help if you decide to go back in.

Kyou

Like both ElChado and Clogger mentioned there is definite use across other teams outside of Whitebeard. The 50% HP cut can easily be made up with decent RCV. I haven't used the ship yet myself, but I'll definitely give it choice over Merry in the fortnights to come to see how it works out.
Well crap, thanks guys. Moot point because I dont have anything approaching the characters required for it.

chrono01

http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/

Doflamingo guide is finally published! Still working on uploading some of the team guides, but we should hopefully have those finished up by the end of the day.
Thanks so much for this. I'm really not sure what team I'm going to run, since Jozu is recommended as a sub for many of them and I don't have him [I do have a skilled Perona, though].

I look forward to the team portion. Nice job! :)

Edit: Congrats on the new ship BTW, Lucy.

ElChado

Neo Member
Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

I'm doing this off the top of my head and am assuming you went with a Whitebeard team. But your Alvida might be workable, you'll need to use it at Blamenco early on and then Vista. I can't remember the turn counter between those two stages as it does vary, but I feel it should be workable. Although, if not, you could potentially try to heal enough to take a hit from Izo and then proceed from there.

The key would be having Alvida ready by Marco and if by some luck him having a 3 turn counter on his appearance. Otherwise, in order to make this happen you'll need to dance around on the Jozu stage and a good way to ensure she'll be ready is if you can tank his 6,700 ATK at least once. But that's dependent if you can heal enough with meat orbs and still farm a green orb on Mihawk twice to finish him off.

Once you pass Marco, you'll need to hang around on 19 for as long as possible anyway, up to 17 turns to reignite the Whitebeard and Mihawk specials. Worst case scenario it maybe only 15, but that's the bare minimum you need to stay there regardless. While it's anomalous, I have been able to heal here to full HP to tank a full hit from Blamenco at 13,680 ATK and this is something that may help you in your run as well.

Once you get to 20, you only need 6,000 HP to survive that stage total. Whitebeard will do his 70% HP cut on you, then you have 3 turns to beat Jozu/Marco. The 2x Whitebeard specials and Mihawk special will do wonders damage wise. Then it doesn't matter who is activated first, to tank Whitebeard's attacks. It's simply the HP, Perona will eat the 2,000 and Alvida needs 4,000. And right before he's able to attack a third time, you'll have GP Usopp ready by that point to finish the job.

What I did early on in my runs is map out the forest, based on what I knew for turn counters both worst and best case in relation to my unit's own special cooldowns. It could help if you decide to go back in.

I may give it another try, but my alvida is on a 12 turn cooldown-3 away from max.

I'm honestly tempted to just wait till we get sockets and use a team with orb appearance up so some of those orb reliant stages are less RNG.

bjork

I'm only at 120+ stamina because I've been diligent with XP/stamina the past couple months from doing the fortnights. I've used a stamina bar here or there to try to farm a couple characters, usually with no luck... but hurray for 2 Doflamingo runs per stamina bar.

There's definitely nothing wrong with running it that way, and I assume that's how most are. But as casually as I've been going at it since about... probably Little Garden or so, and just trying to fill out the list, I haven't focused too much on the p-lvl. It'll come eventually, though it doesn't seem like all of these story island drops will, heh.

I decided to keep track of all my skill up attempts this past week to see how I did:

Box clearing time, woot woot.

GP Usopp: 3/10, CD 10, MAX
Marco: 3/10 CD 13, MAX
Garp: 12/48, CD 15
Ducksquad: 8/27, CD 17, MAX
Kamakiri: 8/18, CD 17, MAX
Monster Chopper: 1/4, CD 27
Raki: 6/19, CD 14
Braham: 3/10, CD 12
Bonney: 2/21, CD 11
Vivi: 1/2 CD 7
Urouge: 1/9, CD 23
Wiper: 1/6, CD 24

I had a bunch of left over Usopp and Marco books.

Jozu - 7/28, CD 8, MAX
Mr 9 - 5/17, CD 10, MAX
Cindry - 1/1, CD 21
Prisoner Crocodile - 7/24, CD 17
Kidd - 2/13, CD 9
Blamenco - 6/14, CD 14
Doublefinger - 3/21, CD 12
Mr 1 - 4/11, CD 15
Daz Bones - 0/1, CD 22

I'd say, it was pretty good overall. I only need 3 more for Croc and 4 for Blamenco, so I may try to get those without a skill up.

Kyou

didn't max any of the croc fortnight drops (well, mr. 9 *twirls finger*) but I got pretty far on all of them so that's good. I'm going to be going in HARD on perona to: a) get her two more special levels at least b) GET FREAKING DOGPEN, THE ONE BLACK MARK ON MY OTHERWISE FLAWLESS FORTNIGHT RECORD

ElChado

Neo Member
didn't max any of the croc fortnight drops (well, mr. 9 *twirls finger*) but I got pretty far on all of them so that's good. I'm going to be going in HARD on perona to: a) get her two more special levels at least b) GET FREAKING DOGPEN, THE ONE BLACK MARK ON MY OTHERWISE FLAWLESS FORTNIGHT RECORD

i wish i got my prison croc to max, but hes 2 away from it, mr 1-both int and story-i dont really care if i max, kidd is 1 off from max, and doublefinger ended up maxing.

I'm also considering the swap to perona, not to max perona as mine's maxed, nor penguin, mines maxed. but for bepo books Huzzah!

So stick with prison croc for blue turtles/pigs, try to get the last 2 skills on croc, final on kidd, or go to perona for bepo books.

Heng

For Whitebeard teams, is a 2nd STR sub like Arlong better than having Mihawk and his special?
It's a toss up tbh, he's not necessary but Mihawk does give you more room for error. Either way he's doable with either Mihawk or another STR unit.

Majukun

results

miss double finger maxxed
Mr 1 has 1 Lv left
Croco has 1 Lv left
blamenco has 3 lvs left
kid has 2 lvs left
das bones has 2 lvs left

apart from blamenco who is cursed and wasted tons of books this time too I'm OK with the result.. probably gonna use this week's skillbooks right away hoping to get the remaining levels
edit:how given the guide I have also. a kid team viable.. with that are 3 viable teams for. doflamingo.... I will. probably use the monster chopper one.. seems reliable enough

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Don't forget to farm Doffy's evolvers!
Green lobster
Green dragon
rainbow robber pinguin
green pirate penguin
sea stallion

cw_sasuke

Skillups are funny, yesterday i was complaining how bad Kid skillups were then i got 2/3 on my final attempt during 2x skill-up rate. HIS CD is now 8 turns, i think 6 is his max so thats quite solid.

Also was able to max skill Mr. 1 and MS. Doublefinger. Daz Bones is on SLVL 4 and Croc on SLVL 8. So all in all not bad considering i didnt run anything but the 30 stam stage for the last days.

Congrats man - you did it even pre Doffy, talk about dedication !!
Decided to farm Miss doublefinger due to 2x drop today.
Got her on my 2nd try just like mr.1 :3c ...
Nice - did you save some of her books from the Croc. Fortnight ?

Copons

Tried Beard island following this guide with this team:

2x Rayleigh MAX
Mihawk MAX
Perona 68
SWS Zoro 29
GP Usopp MAX

How the heck am I supposed to clear the lobsters stage?
I can easily kill Jozu and the blue lobster, but even hitting all perfects and closing with a Rayleigh, as long as he doesn't have a INT orb, the red (and the purple and green too I guess) lobster just cannot be killed.

EDIT: I could replace the underleveled (and underskilled too, btw) SWS Zoro with a lvl 63 Alvida, but I don't think she would change anything for the lobster stage, except maybe for the green lobster.

MiTYH

Anyone have luck with this team for BB? I had some serious trouble with his 40 stamina last time, so I've level up some units. Still have some pigs/turtles, so I can level a few some more, maybe Kaku:

JyuuE3i.png

wilstreak

guys, I am just facing Crocodile for the first time in Rainbase

How do i beat him when he just easily attack with 7600 damage each turn.
I have Log VIvi which heal 2000 hp and needless to say it cannot even keep up with Crocodile attack

And now I can't imagine how much difficult the later boss will be

my team is Log Vivi, Luffy G2, Ashura Zorro, Usop GP and enraged arlong. Captain friend is Arlong

I can substitute Vivi with Rayleigh and but i don't think i can even reach Crocodile with the hefty amount of enemies before him.

Majukun

I have Log VIvi which heal 2000 hp and needless to say it cannot even keep up with Crocodile attack

my team is Log Vivi, Luffy G2, Ashura Zorro, Usop GP and enraged arlong. Captain friend is Arlong

I can substitute Vivi with Rayleigh and but i don't think i can even reach Crocodile with the hefty amount of enemies before him.

well with that team i'm actually surprised you managed to reach this far into the story mode...you need a team with way more damage output than that..what characters do you have?

cw_sasuke

Anyone have luck with this team for BB? I had some serious trouble with his 40 stamina last time, so I've level up some units. Still have some pigs/turtles, so I can level a few some more, maybe Kaku:

I wouldnt team up with Ace - Double Jozu wrecks BB without any issues. I farmed like 50 copies of BB with Double Jozu and didnt have to really pay attention while playing lol.

Rayleigh can clear 99% of the content in the game with the right subs - especially Story Islands shouldnt be an issue. You should be using Rayleigh/Rayleigh at this point anyway...and if you wanna team up with a Slasher than Mihawk is way better than Arlong.

Unless im missing something big her you should be able to clear the stage straight forward with standard attacks. Log Vivi is a very bad Captain - you need 2,5x Captains or at least 2x attack boosting ones. Especially for the Story Islands you dont need to use a Captain with per round Healing.

Rayleigh/Rayleigh and you steamroll the stage with all subs you own.
Yep! Got her to level 3, not super high as 2x skill up is over; but I was prepared for that.

a CD of 13 is really quite low to begin with so not maxing her yet doesn't bother me one bit.

Yeah thats nice - with her low CD and Doffy farming Iva at some point in the future will be a joke.

wilstreak

well with that team i'm actually surprised you managed to reach this far into the story mode...you need a team with way more damage output than that..what characters do you have?

Hahaha. Lately i am also aware that my team have become too dependent on Vivis healing and it really doesn't work when facing Crocodile

Rayleigh can clear 99% of the content in the game with the right subs - especially Story Islands shouldnt be an issue. You should be using Rayleigh/Rayleigh at this point anyway...and if you wanna team up with a Slasher than Mihawk is way better than Arlong.

Unless im missing something big her you should be able to clear the stage straight forward with standard attacks. Log Vivi is a very bad Captain - you need 2,5x Captains or at least 2x attack boosting ones. Especially for the Story Islands you dont need to use a Captain with per round Healing.

Okay i will try using Rayleigh/Rayleigh team then. Unfortunately my Rayeigh is still in the first form and so a bit weak

Regarding Mihawk's special, how does his special ability boat cutter work?
Is it cut enemies HP by 30% of their full HP or remaining HP?

bjork

Regarding Mihawk's special, how does his special ability boat cutter work?
Is it cut enemies HP by 30% of their full HP or remaining HP?

Remaining HP. So let's say you've got a team with two Mihawk captains and a dude's got 1 million HP, you'll cut 30% of a million, then 30% of 700k. Super helpful in either case, even with just one Mihawk.

Heng

Tried Beard island following this guide with this team:

2x Rayleigh MAX
Mihawk MAX
Perona 68
SWS Zoro 29
GP Usopp MAX

How the heck am I supposed to clear the lobsters stage?
I can easily kill Jozu and the blue lobster, but even hitting all perfects and closing with a Rayleigh, as long as he doesn't have a INT orb, the red (and the purple and green too I guess) lobster just cannot be killed.

EDIT: I could replace the underleveled (and underskilled too, btw) SWS Zoro with a lvl 63 Alvida, but I don't think she would change anything for the lobster stage, except maybe for the green lobster.
How well does Perona + double Rayleigh special work? Could it clear the lobsters?

koryuken

JyuuE3i.png

One tip - You should always use Jozu friend and Ace captain. If you do that, when he silences your captain, you won't lose hp.

koryuken

How well does Perona + double Rayleigh special work? Could it clear the lobsters?

Yes, you can clear with a single Ray special plus Perona, however clearing the previous stage with Izo will be very problematic. Overall, if you have WB use him instead of Ray for the forest.

Copons

Yes, you can clear with a single Ray special plus Perona, however clearing the previous stage with Izo will be very problematic. Overall, if you have WB use him instead of Ray for the forest.

Holy shit, I forgot about Ray special...

damn I feel stupid :D

EDIT: holy shit, I read again: and yeah, I forgot about Ray special because I used both of them 2 stages before. :D

Don't have WB, so I'm stuck with this, gonna try sparing one Ray during Izo.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

JyuuE3i.png

If you're going ace/jozu, try to make jozu your friend captain. IIRC, your captain will be getting gloomed, slicing half of your total HP if it's jozu. (plus the attack loss for 1 turn)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

JyuuE3i.png
Use Double Jozu, if you can. Ace/Jozu is very RNG dependent.

IHaveIce

Banned
you guys are all hopefully helping with the jap. version event? <3

Talking about it, are you all playing the global version over the jap? I switched to jap months ago and only check global like for new events and stuff

Top Bottom