• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

mileS

RR Kinemon is insane. Then again so is coliseum Kinemon(plz come to global soon!), just in a different way. Dat creep

Apparently this is a better translation of Kinemon: "Deals very large typeless damage to all enemies, and changes all orbs into the same orb this character has"

Hana-Bi

Oh man, this game. Another 5 skill books without a skill up for Barto... 1/2, 0/5, 0/5 so far for me. :( This will be the IntHawk book farming all over again...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Kinemon changes all orbs to whatever his current orb is.

Could be interesting to pair with RR onigumo.

RedBoot

Okay, good. Not only is Kinemon not super-broken, but that's actually a really fun ability. Should pair with the various "Captain's orb becomes this" abilities if he's your captain, otherwise he could combine with, say, SW Zoro for a full DEX board.

EDIT: Also, looks like Dogstorm doesn't actually have color affinity, just the HP cut, a single target nuke, and the Sabo effect. Still quite good, but not as bad. Having two damage boost effects (especially less common ones like affinity and Sabo boost) on the same guy was kind of nuts.

Majukun

with the correction,RR kinemon is way less impressive...less damage overall than G3 but with heal ,so neutralizing one of g3's weaknesses...but he still has the allergy to barriers.
the special is really useful only on a single color team, or with some specific combo if you cna predict what kind of orb he will get (like with yorki or machvise)

with the correction,RR kinemon is way less impressive...less damage overall than G3 but with heal ,so neutralizing one of g3's weaknesses...but he still has the allergy to barriers.
the special is really useful only on a single color team, or with some specific combo if you cna predict what kind of orb he will get (like with yorki or machvise)

Assuming he's free spirit I can imagine him having some utility on TS Luffy team where several colors count as matching once his special's hot.

Hana-Bi

Okay, maxed fn Hack, Kyros, Hajrudin and the other "legend". Got 4/4 for her with my last books. Will use my Barto books on the next skill up event. Still pissed that I got zero skill ups from my last 10 books. I never got more than 2 skill ups from 5 books for a legend. For useless units you get skill ups like crazy...

MiTYH

Okay, maxed fn Hack, Kyros, Hajrudin and the other "legend". Got 4/4 for her with my last books. Will use my Barto books on the next skill up event. Still pissed that I got zero skill ups from my last 10 books. I never got more than 2 skill ups from 5 books for a legend. For useless units you get skill ups like crazy...

Wtf?! I haven't even gotten him to show up once, and you're done on day 1?!

Kyou

Thank god they aren't as crazy as the first reports. I'm continually impressed with how much restraint TC has with regards to power creep. There's a BIT, but it's not crazy like Dokkan Battle or other games.

Majukun

Thank god they aren't as crazy as the first reports. I'm continually impressed with how much restraint TC has with regards to power creep. There's a BIT, but it's not crazy like Dokkan Battle or other games.

i'd say lately japan has gone way over "a little" in terms of power creep..this batch still makes obsolete tons of characters

never played dokkan seriously though..so no idea how's there.

RedBoot

Oh shit! Invasion Shanks AND Pica!

Oh, that's Pica. Couldn't tell what the heck that was. Not sure why Legend Doffy is there too (outside of a general Doffy is a major antagonist in the New World).

Neither is mentioned in the post, though, so I guess it's a general tease. Not sure if they'll show up during the two weeks or not.

Oh, that's Pica. Couldn't tell what the heck that was. Not sure why Legend Doffy is there too (outside of a general Doffy is a major antagonist in the New World).

Neither is mentioned in the post, though, so I guess it's a general tease. Not sure if they'll show up during the two weeks or not.

I mean, if they're going to have a skill up event I'd expect some sort of CoC event or at the very least have Pica thrown in between there. If Doffy being in there means we'll see his raid again I'm going to have to strip the Herald of skill-up events title off of Boa (formerly held by Ivankov) and give it to Doffy.

RedBoot

Now I'm really curious as to what the next colo batch is, if we're going to potentially get Shanks there. It should be Killer.

Of course, we need to know how colo invasions will work on Global first (or maybe they'll just put him after Raids instead...uh oh).

I hope Doffy in the background of that image means DOFFY FOREST. I would be quite pleased.

Also, I'm not too sure I'm ready for Shanks. I don't have any of the easy mode legends and my Sabo is still 5 levels off max so I don't know how well my Jimbe team would do without him. And Byrnndi World has yet to come to global so I don't know if shooters are viable without him.

Kyou

Shanks! Pica! Doffy Forest!

I couldn't be happier!

edit: oof this write up about Sabaody is... not written well

Goddammit.

I picked a Haruta friend captain with my free spirit team when I went to run the Koala FN without even thinking about it. The game has conditioned me to pick Haruta and now I'm wasting my stamina.

Hana-Bi

Can't wait for Doffy forest. :) I'll finally use my Doffy as a captain. Sadly I don't have Fuji because a friend captain Doffy / captain Fuji driven team is amazing with Doffy as a sub.

Got another skill up from my last three Barto books I farmed today. So it's now 2/15. Not great, but at least I only need 15 books with average luck (I hope) to finish him. Will run a Haruta team over the weekend and hopefully get those books for the next skill up.

My Koala has almost max sockets. Bind is at 2, despair, cd and heal maxed.

Tidd

Seems like a nice event. Although Invasion Shanks without the skill up boost is painful.

See I sacrificed myself so that you could get Pica. But still where's NM Luffy? I know they push Pica because of the Doffy forest. :p

GaimeGuy

Oof. My Inthawk was at CD 23. I've spent 10 gems over the last ~30 hours farming the WB pirates fortnight. I only got 6 inthawk books total.

Did get him down to 21 CD total, and max skilled / socketed the fortnight Rakuyo,Curiel. and thatch (also finished RR Fossa sockets). I might just say "fuck it" and wait for the prison mr 3 fortnight. Or I might work on my RR rakuyo and Curiel sockets, I dunno - Powerhouse and Striker are definitely my two weakest classes. Cerebral is "sort of " weak in that there aren't a lot of cerebral focussed units, but there's plenty of strong units I have which happen to be cerebral - it just isn't a focal point for any of their specials or abilities.

Hana-Bi

With Doffys ship coming I thought about a BB friend / Doffy captain team. With BB captain ability good/great shields aren't a problem for Doffy and with the health boost you can stall quite a bit.

My team would be a str heavy driven team with raid Akainu, Shiki, Barto and Gladius. With BB and Gladius specials you deal a 44% health cut, get matching orbs for every char besides Doffy and have a 1,75x type boost + 2x orb boost + 1,75x color affinity boost against dex enemies for your str chars.

With 38k health, Bartos survival special and at least 2.6 million damage to any type (over 6 million to dex enemies) this should be a fun team. :)

MiTYH

SHAAAAAANKS! ANd Pica! ANd Doffy Ship!

So, In order of hype, Pica's actually at the top. Health cutter (good for corazon forests) and powerhouse (good for Lucci/rocketman) makes him an instahit. But still, high cooldown. It'll be a while before he's REALLY usable, but hey,happy to get Pica. Now where's my nightmare luffy!?

Shanks invasion, oh boy. Happy he's coming, since I need sockets for my SW Shanks. Is that bad? Don't care, I really want him socketed. How hard is his stage? Haven't looked to it yet. Though I hear TS Nami is helpful, which is good since I have her

Doffy ship, I have no real use for. Still might try it when teams get posted.

Tidd

Shanks invasion, oh boy. Happy he's coming, since I need sockets for my SW Shanks. Is that bad? Don't care, I really want him socketed. How hard is his stage? Haven't looked to it yet. Though I hear TS Nami is helpful, which is good since I have her

First thing: don't use him for sockets... Promise me that, okay? you can do it but only after you maxed Invasion Shanks :D
He's harder than Young Whitebeard.
And based on Japan: Invasion Shanks appears after colosseum stages. If the rates are the same don't even expect to see him. People say that 30 Stamina colosseum stages have a worse chance that he will appear than 40 Stamina Raids for WB. Bandai have to change it for global or global will get a 50 stamina character in the next colosseum batch.
Best think about Shanks:If you used the 2x stamina/drop for the colosseum stages it will also apply to him.

MiTYH

First thing: don't use him for sockets... Promise me that, okay? you can do it but only after you maxed Invasion Shanks :D
He's harder than Young Whitebeard.
And based on Japan: Invasion Shanks appears after colosseum stages. If the rates are the same don't even expect to see him. People say that 30 Stamina colosseum stages have a worse chance that he will appear than 40 Stamina Raids for WB. Bandai have to change it for global or global will get a 50 stamina character in the next colosseum batch.
Best think about Shanks:If you used the 2x stamina/drop for the colosseum stages it will also apply to him.

But but... muh sockets....

Don't worry, wasn't SERIOUS about socketing SW Shanks with invasion. That just seems.... bad.

Majukun

Even if I was quitting forever, I would never do this. Could always sell the account :)

looking at his storage,that's a guy with way too much time and money at his disposal..so it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't have any concept of value too.

it's also possible that he just had a modded apk,so what for us is incredibly hard to obtain was really easy for him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Or maybe he just wanted some attention? Who knows...

In other news, I've been looking over invasion shanks, and I think I can put together a pretty good team for him. Just need to prepare, first with Koala sockets and getting that damn Boa ship.

GaimeGuy

I have TS luffy, legend sabo, Raid Boa. We good for shanks as long as I get a few skill ups on sabo and throw in an orb booster? :)

Kyou

I fear I will not be able to complete Doffy's forest, seems incredibly difficult but I need that ship.

I think I have all the components of a Jinbei team to clear it. I am dying for that ship.

also new ranking for Lola next week. They're really increasing the frequency of those.

RedBoot

Ha, had Koala drop on her mini-boss stage. Didn't realize that could happen and assumed it was rare...then it happened three more times. I guess I'd just been unlucky up til now.

Had a run with two Koalas and a Barto book, which is pretty lucky (outside of not having Barto).

also new ranking for Lola next week. They're really increasing the frequency of those.

I guess we were behind? I won't say no to more guaranteed socket books, though.

EDIT: Also apparently next colo has Killer AND X-Drake? Great, can't wait to farm 20 colos a day. :p At least Colo Ace didn't reappear too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
EDIT: Also apparently next colo has Killer AND X-Drake? Great, can't wait to farm 20 colos a day. :p At least Colo Ace didn't reappear too.

I need X-Drake for Croc. I wonder if we'll get Shanks at the same time. I'll have to farm X-Drake, but I would prefer to be able to farm at 2X stamina for the chance of double Shanks.

RedBoot

I need X-Drake for Croc. I wonder if we'll get Shanks at the same time.

Debuting Shanks alongside two Chaos bosses certainly seems like a good idea, so it may well happen.

I want 'em both, so I have a lot of farming ahead of me. Will be a change from the last two batches, having ignored Capone and given up on Brownbeard out of despair.

Majukun

Killer is prime for me, great slasher addition. XDrake seems nice, but not really needed for anything I can use (I have max Tesoro and SW Shanks, so I almost always have matching orbs)

drake is taylor made for croco and whitebeard teams

Stamina restore during a raid boss is always nice, gonna be able to get over 10 Duval copies today fairly easily thanks to that.

/edit

On a side note, decided to try farming with Sengoku instead of Log luffy for Duval; works surprisingly well.

MiTYH

drake is taylor made for croco and whitebeard teams

Don't have either. *shrug*

In other news, I hit day 800 today! Time is flyyyyyying.

And I'm still an idiot. Made my BB team for Duval, loaded it up.... and yup, forgot to change the ship. Coffin boat isn't that helpful here....

bobohoro

Should end up with 16 copies of Duval, one gem spent. Will get him to usable levels with that, although I don't really know what to use him for. Heh.
New colo units aren't that important for me, will get a copy of Killer (if I'm able to) and maybe a couple of dupes to get him down a few skill-ups, but will mostly focus on double stamina runs of Coby.

Still debating on Koala being worth it to level/skill up. I've been selling off FN characters that don't seem that good for Ray points and while it isn't much, it accumulates quite a bit over time. Hack is a nice INT PH unit, but I don't really see a use for Koala except for Sengoku, which I don't have, or as socket fodder, and I don't have RR Koala.

RedBoot

On a side note, decided to try farming with Sengoku instead of Log luffy for Duval; works surprisingly well.

Yeah, Raid Blackbeard works well, but I prefer using Sengoku on this one, nice and mindless. Calgara, Young Arlong, Wapol, and Lola makes it easy.

My Duval's only two levels away so I'll get ten and call it good. Finished both Kizaru and Boa recently, so if I check Duval off the list it'll basically be down to Akainu and Sabo...fun fun. :(

Still debating on Koala being worth it to level/skill up. I've been selling off FN characters that don't seem that good for Ray points and while it isn't much, it accumulates quite a bit over time. Hack is a nice INT PH unit, but I don't really see a use for Koala except for Sengoku, which I don't have, or as socket fodder, and I don't have RR Koala.

Yeah, I'm undecided on her too. She would probably be solid for Sengoku, particularly with 3 sockets, but I suspect her added damage wouldn't be high enough to be a true Sengoku's Sabo. She probably works for high DEF low HP enemies at best, and there's a number of ways to handle those.

On the other hand, I don't use RR Koala much either, since she doesn't really work with any of my legends (maybe with Rayleigh?). So socketing her isn't super high priority.

But I'm getting a ton of copies of her, as she's dropping often and occasionally drops twice. Maybe I can do both? :p

Kyou

Since I have a Jinbe I'm working hard to socket Koala. Going DR/CD/Heal/Orbs, which feels weird but I should be good for lock/despair on almost any Jinbe team already

Also I am getting a Barto book or two every couple runs. This game is torturous D:

Majukun

found a possible team for the doflamingo forest but it needs a socketed dex smoker so i'm actually gemming in this last days to socket him

autoheal sockets are rare like white flies today

Top Bottom