• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

EMT0

Banned
Now that my Fossa is one socket from max, the game has apparently run out of Fossa drops for me, like Nintendo on the release date of any product. Oh well. 5/5/5/4 it is.

I've gone 0/7 on Hancock books over time, and the only 6+ Hancock I've got on my Friend List was also level 1. I mean, I'm not saying that it's actually impossible to skill up Hancock and the insane rarity of obtaining Hancock books is to shield that fact, but... :p

Hancock is cursed confirmed. But man, today was a great day. Finished a major project, beat Persona 5, and I finished maxing out Barto's special. I went 1/1 on the last special lol. What's even juicier, Barto's the first character who's special I've maxed out who had books in this FN. Jabra was mostly done from the Wapol FN . Why can't RNG be like this all the time :')

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've gone 0/7 on Hancock books over time, and the only 6+ Hancock I've got on my Friend List was also level 1. I mean, I'm not saying that it's actually impossible to skill up Hancock and the insane rarity of obtaining Hancock books is to shield that fact, but... :p

I'm hoarding Hancock books until we get the permanent skill up. Those books are just too valuable.

ExVicis

Hancock is cursed confirmed. But man, today was a great day. Finished a major project, beat Persona 5, and I finished maxing out Barto's special. I went 1/1 on the last special lol. What's even juicier, Barto's the first character who's special I've maxed out who had books in this FN. Jabra was mostly done from the Wapol FN . Why can't RNG be like this all the time :')

I'm taking my time on that game but...aren't there like 4 to 5 endings?

EMT0

Banned
I'm taking my time on that game but...aren't there like 4 to 5 endings?

Most of those endings (IIRC) are bad endings in that you failed to clear a dungeon on time, or died in the middle of a battle, etc. A few of the bad endings are more elaborate, but I'm not gonna talk about that because spoilers. But damn was it a hell of a ride, 110 hours later.

I must have had a stroke of good luck and finished socketting Koala yesterday. Hajrudin, story Kidd, and Kyros are all skill maxed and the FN is only half over. The only thing left for me out of this FN is STR Hack sockets, who will be my surrogate WB on some powerhouse and zombie teams. He's currently at 5/1/3/4 in cd, bind, despair, and AH. I'm on the fence on whether or not I should commit to finishing his sockets. I think I might just run the FN when I don't have any thing like colo coming up to save my stamina for.

The whole invasion Shanks situation is kinda weird. I know a lot of people are up in arms about it but I remember seeing images of someone from Japan who maxed Shanks when he came out and had something like 4 colo Dellingers each skill maxed and with unique completed sockets. Running 60 stamina raids will undoubtedly be more stamina efficient if you're specifically aiming for farming Shanks, it's just unfortunate that they chose Kuma and Enel as the first raids. The only teams plausible for Kuma would be TS Luffy, Cabbage, and possibly Cabbage/BB teams. Shanks has actually appeared after raids in Japan. Gamewith has teams for beating Shanks after Zephyr, Duval, Shiki, Tesoro, and Kizaru raids. It's not unprecedented that he's showing up after raids, I think the anger is more directed on how ambushes are being handled on global in general.

As it stands, we're probably just getting Shanks earlier than we should be. It might have been more reasonable if it hadn't taken so long for Global to actually get coliseum but right now it'll still be a few months away until we get 50 stamina colo bosses. I think I'll give Shanks farming a chance and just socket my story Enel along the way. I have a SW Ace team that should be able to handle both. I'd have more options but I'm still annoyed by the lack of a raid Sabo return. Just about every other raid boss I've tried maxing right away but I decided to not push myself on Sabo and now it's somewhat biting me in the ass.

Majukun

I must have had a stroke of good luck and finished socketting Koala yesterday. Hajrudin, story Kidd, and Kyros are all skill maxed and the FN is only half over. The only thing left for me out of this FN is STR Hack sockets, who will be my surrogate WB on some powerhouse and zombie teams. He's currently at 5/1/3/4 in cd, bind, despair, and AH. I'm on the fence on whether or not I should commit to finishing his sockets. I think I might just run the FN when I don't have any thing like colo coming up to save my stamina for.

The whole invasion Shanks situation is kinda weird. I know a lot of people are up in arms about it but I remember seeing images of someone from Japan who maxed Shanks when he came out and had something like 4 colo Dellingers each skill maxed and with unique completed sockets. Running 60 stamina raids will undoubtedly be more stamina efficient if you're specifically aiming for farming Shanks, it's just unfortunate that they chose Kuma and Enel as the first raids. The only teams plausible for Kuma would be TS Luffy, Cabbage, and possibly Cabbage/BB teams. Shanks has actually appeared after raids in Japan. Gamewith has teams for beating Shanks after Zephyr, Duval, Shiki, Tesoro, and Kizaru raids. It's not unprecedented that he's showing up after raids, I think the anger is more directed on how ambushes are being handled on global in general.

As it stands, we're probably just getting Shanks earlier than we should be. It might have been more reasonable if it hadn't taken so long for Global to actually get coliseum but right now it'll still be a few months away until we get 50 stamina colo bosses. I think I'll give Shanks farming a chance and just socket my story Enel along the way. I have a SW Ace team that should be able to handle both. I'd have more options but I'm still annoyed by the lack of a raid Sabo return. Just about every other raid boss I've tried maxing right away but I decided to not push myself on Sabo and now it's somewhat biting me in the ass.
even if invasion rate for colo was shitty,shitty rate is better than no rate at all..i have my raid maxed,i'm not gonna spend gems to farm doubles, so i would have much preferred invasion shanks on colo like it should be...

MiTYH

That was... weird.

Did my Nami FN ranking (thank you killer), and then went to do some farming of the event since I need books/sockets. Double stamina helps with my time today too. SO I do the 30 stamina x2, finish... and it applies my score to the ranking. I obviously don't beat it but, I've never seen this happen on the 30 when it should only apply to 15 stamina.

It's an interesting loophole that could probably be exploited since enemies have more health, even if turtles have less.

But then I tried it again right away and it didn't work. So... yeah. *shrug*

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ambushes on Global are just bizarre. I think people have a right to be upset if they don't eventually migrate the ambushes to Coliseums. The 3rd anniversary news is kind of just salt in the wound on Global right now.

The main reason I'm okay with the upcoming Shanks Ambush is pretty selfish. I don't think I have a team that can beat XDrake or Killer and also Ambush Shanks, but I do have a team that can beat Kuma and Ambush Shanks. And I already started working on a second Kuma when YWB came out, so I don't mind the extra copies. Not being able to shoot for 2x stamina Shanks hurts though.

ExVicis

Ambushes on Global are just bizarre. I think people have a right to be upset if they don't eventually migrate the ambushes to Coliseums. The 3rd anniversary news is kind of just salt in the wound on Global right now.

The main reason I'm okay with the upcoming Shanks Ambush is pretty selfish. I don't think I have a team that can beat XDrake or Killer and also Ambush Shanks, but I do have a team that can beat Kuma and Ambush Shanks. And I already started working on a second Kuma when YWB came out, so I don't mind the extra copies. Not being able to shoot for 2x stamina Shanks hurts though.
Same reason here on why I'm not mad about the Ambush.

Why should I bother being mad about the Ambush when I can just be salty as fuck about the ridiculous 3rd anniversary Japan is getting? I'd rather be way more upset over that than Shanks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What I find fascinating about this game how messed up the skill up system can be... Let's say you run a Slasher team and got lucky enough to pull 3D2Y Zoro... You? Sure but when and how will you be able to skip him up? Did the FN with his books rotated back yet? So you have like one week in a year a shot to farm his books of they even come back.....thats just weird.

mileS

INTvankov books seem like they have similar drop rate as legend books do for me :(

Grats on 800 days Hana-Bi! Do you hit up most turtle times or what? You seem super efficient with character levels.

RedBoot

What I find fascinating about this game how messed up the skill up system can be... Let's say you run a Slasher team and got lucky enough to pull 3D2Y Zoro... You? Sure but when and how will you be able to skip him up? Did the FN with his books rotated back yet? So you have like one week in a year a shot to farm his books of they even come back.....thats just weird.

LOL, that's why I have 30 3D2Y Zoro books in my box that will never leave until I pull him.

But yeah, they made a mistake with some of the FN books, and Global screwed it up further. The Kimono FN, the Halloween FN, and the Movie-based FN should not be part of the usual "rotation" for skillbooks since they don't return regularly. Global missing out on the second Kimono FN and futzing up some of the book release orders due to various reasons makes it worse.

(Yes, I am still extremely bitter that we may never get a normal source for Foxy books in Global :p )

Hana-Bi

INTvankov books seem like they have similar drop rate as legend books do for me :(

Grats on 800 days Hana-Bi! Do you hit up most turtle times or what? You seem super efficient with character levels.

Congrats! Awesome impressive box. I need that bride Robin.

Thanks.

@mileS: I tried to run all those regular tt until a year ago or so. Now I just levevl up my low level units with useless skill books or from turtle time events. My goal is it to get those max level 70 units to max and then to max the other units. :)

RedBoot

LOL at Colo Drake. "Hey, you won! Too bad you don't have over 10k HP left though!"

I have a Rayleigh team that seems reliable. It's another "Hit all yer perfects" situation but such is the colo life these days.

Hana-Bi

LOL at Colo Drake. "Hey, you won! Too bad you don't have over 10k HP left though!"

I have a Rayleigh team that seems reliable. It's another "Hit all yer perfects" situation but such is the colo life these days.

I'll probably run the Croc dream team with Kalifa instead of Kuma for Colo Drake. I can finally use my poison sockets in my Croc team. :)

bobohoro

I actually got them to drop quite often.
But then got screwed over in terms of skill-ups.
Now I'm not sure what to farm this week, since I need both INTvankov and Jabra skill-ups, but will probably focus on the former since I can run it for 60 stamina and they don't appear in that many FNs.

Then there is also colo coby, but I guess that one can wait until next week.

Majukun

beat colo drake but the team is way too precise for my taste..i'll wait later if an easier team emerges from the internet...later i'll try with the last 2 tages of colo killer...kid seems like a clusterfuck

MiTYH

Don't have the teams (I think?) to beat Xdrake or Killer themselves. I'll give it the weekend to see what people come up with for those without the "right" legends.

That said, just cleared stages 1-4 in XDrake without losing once. A personal best!

Now I start Killer... I can't believe I actually used Johnny in a Coliseum stage. Just goes to show you why collecting is the way to go!

EMT0

Banned
I'm currently trying to farm Wapol during 2x drop rate thanks to the meats and the current event going on. 3 or 4 stamina bars later(I lost count), I got the 50 runs title and still no Wapol. Only one money bag so far so I suppose I'm just getting poor luck universally, and not unfortunately cruel bad luck with lots of money bags.

EDIT: 2 money bags now. Tilting, commence

bjork

Did Killer while I was waiting for an oil change. For me it's Kidd that's the problem, but Killer himself wasn't too bad.

Might do Drake today, but I might also go to bed. It's been a long ass day.

MiTYH

Did my way through stages 1-4 for each, and got two stamina refreshes for free so... I farmed dragons. I didn't realize I was so low, but I had 0 red, 0 green, and 1 blue. So farming I went, got myself up to 5 of each which is normally what I keep on hand for evolvers. x2 Baccarat came in clutch a few times, mostly on blue when it gave me 3 for 1 run.

Not feeling the FNs right now so I made a priority checklist for things I need to farm from storymode, half inspired from all the QCK Kid books I got but no unit to use it on. So my days, assuming no raid/colo units I want, are as follows:

Monday- 2d3y. Need Jinbe, Nami's Skull, and Ray
Tuesday- Oris. Need Aokiji, Kizaru, Garp, and Akainu
Wednesday- Marineford Bay. Need Mihawk and Kizaru (same as other marineford)
Thursday- Impel. Need Magellan
Saturday- Sabody. Need Kid and Law

It's... a surprising amount of story characters. After Slasherdile, Enel, and the Barouqe works units, I never really farmed story characters. I also haven't really been lucky with drops either. So I'll try to fix that in the coming weeks. *shrug* something to do while I pine over the rewards people in JPN are getting.

EMT0

Banned
I hit 600 cola, let's see how far I get in upgrading ships:

Moby Dick:

Lv. 2 - 0 failures
Lv. 3 - 1 failure
Lv. 4 - 0 failures
Lv. 5 - 0 failures
Lv. 6 - 0 failures
Lv. 7 - 0 failures
Lv. 8 - 0 failures
Lv. 9 - 0 failures
Lv. 10 - 8 failures

Cola left: 260

Rocketman:

Lv. 2 - 0 failures
Lv. 3 - 0 failures
Lv. 4 - 1 failure
Lv. 5 - 0 failures
Lv. 6 - 0 failures
Lv. 7 - 1 failure
Lv. 8 - 4 failures
Lv. 9 - 3 failures
Lv. 10 - 0 failures

Cola left: 60

Man, I got sooooo lucky :') This bad Wapol luck is forgiven, and the Moby Dick will let me destroy Aokiji's forest easily with Blackbeard. I actually ran it blind a few days ago and almost cleared it. Hell, I would have cleared it blind, but I didn't know that Sengoku had a <20% trigger and died to that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was all ready to farm Shanks tonight ...but I just don't have it in me. Until next time, shanks.

Hana-Bi

Okay, Killer and Drake are quite easy. :) For Drake I use my Croc team (failed the first time because I messed up on stage 4 but it should be reliable with some orb farming). For Killer I use the WB+ team from the reddit guide.

Will try to get some despair sockets for my TS Nami for Shanks. Will probably try a Shiryu team with Atmos instead of Marco. With high hp slashers and despair level 2 + Atmos and TS Nami special I can use Shiryus special turn 1 against Shanks. And then I can stall for 4 turns which should be enough to kill Shanks. With Marco I could stall more turns but the other stages would be more difficult with only four slashers...

RedBoot

Oh, man...I ran the Log Luffy team from Reddit for Killer except I swapped out LL for G3 since that's all I have. Only managed one DEX orb for the Kid stage, so I put it on Doffy and hoped for the best. It fell just short of killing Kid, but then Caesar's piddly poison damage finished him off. :p

That team's far from reliable, though, at least as far as the G3 variant is concerned. Besides the DEX orbs for Kid, you need some orb luck for Killer as well (though not as much). At least I got my one Killer copy, but I'll focus on Drake for now and hope more good Killer teams pop up in the next week or so.

EDIT: Gotta say though, between the last few raids and colo batches...with two of my best legends missing vital parts (no SW Franky for Ace, and no Legend Doffy for Croc), it's starting to feel like I'm falling behind without Fuji/Law/Akainu/TS Luffy. I can't imagine it'll get any easier...

EMT0

Banned
Hah, my prediction was correct. My second attempt at the Aokiji forest ended similarly to my first on stage 19, where I realized 'Oh, it's a 30% trigger, not a 20% trigger' on Sengoku's nuke. Third attempt, I destroyed Sengoku easy peasy and went on to clear Aokiji with zero trouble. I think I'm going to give Enel's forest a quick run and see how far I get with zero planning with the same team:

w1raBdt.png

EDIT: Went to burn my accumulated stamina, Wapol drops another money bag. Fuck :'(

EMT0

Banned
And.....yup. Enel forest down on the second attempt using the same team. It's too good, lol. Let's find out if I can go 3 for 3 on Jinbe's forest.

mileS

And.....yup. Enel forest down on the second attempt using the same team. It's too good, lol. Let's find out if I can go 3 for 3 on Jinbe's forest.

grats! thats awesome!! I need to get working on the Moby. Haven't tried it once yet.

EMT0

Banned
grats! thats awesome!! I need to get working on the Moby. Haven't tried it once yet.

Thank you! I did indeed go 3 for 3 on Jinbe's forest after my second attempt, although I replaced 6+ WB for Diamante since his health cut doesn't go through barriers. It was a very, VERY close thing that I only got through by the skin of my teeth. Some of the highlights:

• Gambled on the Revolutionaries stage and decided to not use any delayers. Used Marco after Hack's health cut, and it actually turned out alright as by that point Ivankov and Koala were both dead
  • Failed to KO Brook in one turn on 3D2Y Pt 1, taking damage that nearly cost me dearly on the next stage
  • On 3D2Y Pt 2, I used both Blackbeard specials + Doffy and KO'd Usopp. But Zoro activated his threshold(Sanji didn't for some reason?) and slammed me for 19k damage and 8000 the turn after that as I KO'd Nami. I was at ~6K HP after taking a hit from Sanji too. Sanji's on 2CD, Zoro on 1, either I KO Zoro that turn, then Sanji on the next turn, or I'm done.
  • I KO both Zoro and Sanji on the 1st and 2nd turn through dumb orb luck after stupidly wasting my SW Usopp special on them, although in hindsight, it was a waste that again, almost rekt me
  • On Rayleigh/Jinbe/3D2Y Luffy, I used Diamante's special and Marco's and KO 3D2Y Luffy. Barely kill Rayleigh before he attacks me. I tank 1 hit from Jinbe, then KO him also. SW Usopp is almost back up, so I've seemingly rescued my run from disaster
  • On Jinbe, I slowly grind him down to just over 20% HP. I got lucky af; my Marco special was down, my stallers were both used up, and I survive Jinbe's attack by 7 HP, and only thanks to a RCV orb
  • Next turn I use Diamante's special which lets me stall long enough to Marco's special, stall some more for orbs, then activate double Blackbeard plus Doffy and go for the KO

The lesson here is that if the Aokiji and Enel forests were beaten by good play and a strong understanding of the game, then Jinbe's forest was beaten through dumb luck, miracle RCV orbs, and convenient timings on my specials that were 100% totally planned for. Still though, feels good :) I could likely clear both Hancock and Shanks' forests, but I think 3 boats that I don't have close to enough cola for is enough boat for me for a good long while.

HabeeNo

Given my lack of a Shanks team, I decided to try my luck at WB Forest instead and after a solid hour trying, I finally got the ship :D

Also maxed after 600 Cola, hope to use it on my coliseum runs haha

Kyou

so I can reliably make it to Shanks with Enel/Enel/Lucci/Legend Doffy/Boa/Shiryu

then I get two shots with Shiryu

come on luck

Hana-Bi

Finally

Stage 1 is so brutal. It feels like bad CDs can really screw over a Croc team. The rest of it isn't so bad.

Congrats. How do you survive the 2 turns of despair on Shanks (with despair level 3)? You probably need to take on hit from him and then use Namis special?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Had no problem beating Shanks on the first try with this team:

TSL/TSL
SW Franky/Colo Apoo
Boa/TS Nami

I'm not sure Boa is necessary. May try with Ivan to tank some hits.

I did it with the normal sunny ship, as I don't have Kuja.

Invasion rate is painful. I won't farm this when it's 1 out of 6 and I don't need Kuma. Ugh.

bobohoro

Run Kuma 6 times since I need 3 orb sockets still. Got none.
Was invaded 2 times, but no chance.
I could take Shanks on if my Shiki was fully socketed and had a CD of around 20. But well...

Not being able to farm Shiki when he was around still hurts. Especially since I've no Caesar. Easily top-5 raid unit in terms of usefulness since he plays so well with Fuji. The teams I could make with G-5 Smoker and a maxed Shiki, all but a distant dream now.

MiTYH

First day of meat-up snails, got one stamina.
Wednesday? Got one stamina
Thursday? Got TWO stamina

On Raid day though? Naaaah here's some more cola though

RedBoot

Got so close to Shanks with a Friend Captain Shiryu team, but died to Ben Beckman. Might need to adjust when I use Mihawk/Doffy or fit a STR slasher on there somewhere.

I'm amused at how extremely easy Kuma is with a Shiryu on the team, though. Enel should be even easier.

Hana-Bi

Got my Shanks too. Used a Shiryu team without Marco though and killed Shanks with my last try. :)

Will try it out with Marco now. Don't know if I can stall enough though.

Top Bottom