• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

I finished all the Chopperman missions for Neo Aokiji. It took me 74 copies to finally socket max him. I used the remaining 16 copies to try and finish resocketing my INT Aokiji that I started during the 2nd Invasion Shanks appearance. I needed two more autoheal. Got none.

And to top it all off I went 1/9 on my almighty manual feed to my new Law. Barf.

bobohoro

Reached 365 days today. Wew. I think the only other games I've ever played as much for an entire year were Pro Evolution Soccer and Guitar Hero/Rock Band. Used half my free gems on a single, got evolved Vergo, which resulted in 300 RP for selling the unevolved one.

Messed around a bit with Duval and Double Haruta teams. Took me two fails to realise I can't do it without bind sockets. Need 3 more skill-ups, not sure if I'll do it today, since I never even used Duval once until now.

bjork

Reached 365 days today. Wew. I think the only other games I've ever played as much for an entire year were Pro Evolution Soccer and Guitar Hero/Rock Band. Used half my free gems on a single, got evolved Vergo, which resulted in 300 RP for selling the unevolved one.

Messed around a bit with Duval and Double Haruta teams. Took me two fails to realise I can't do it without bind sockets. Need 3 more skill-ups, not sure if I'll do it today, since I never even used Duval once until now.

I wouldn't sweat Duval unless you've got a specific use in mind for him. I think one of the positives about this game is that if you don't have a unit or a requirement, there was generally a pretty decent workaround (pre-Neo raids, anyway).

MiTYH

I had a similar issue with Duval, mine's one away. Mostly he's a good tank and great for forests for the health cut. But at a certain point, his skill cooldown is just fine. Example, mine being 1 away means waiting 15 turns instead of 14. I can live with that. If yours is 3 away, that's 17 turns, which is more than acceptable for most raids (Especially with CDR sockets)

Kyou

Duval used to be the god emperor of princess turtle runs

Now I don't know what he's really used for aside from being an occasional damage reducer for shooters

Kyou

If I had him, I'd use him all the time for the raids I couldnt beat. There's no farmable version of him, so feel free to socket him, IMO
Actually there was recently a colo Shiryu

So we'll get that somewhere between 18 months and two weeks

MiTYH

Actually there was recently a colo Shiryu

So we'll get that somewhere between 18 months and two weeks

Oh dang, really? I even checked optc-db to be sure. Guess it must have really been recent. That's cool. I really need to pull this unit
that sounded dirtier than I expected

RedBoot

Honestly, I'd still be okay using socket books on any character with a 50-stamina colo version, if only because it'd be damn expensive to get their sockets that way. Plus, a lot of those colo characters need a ton of skill ups (Diamante needs, what, 16 levels?), and farming 60-70 for skill ups and then even more to socket a RR doesn't sound like much fun. I already socketed my Shiryu and Diamante with socket books, and I'll probably move on to Chinjao next.

Damn near everybody in the game is "farmable" now anyway, outside of really new characters. I think Rayleigh may be the only holdout. Well, besides, like, Hiking Bear.

Hana-Bi

Max skilled my second Aokiji. Sockets are a mess though so that I chose the planned cd/damage/heal sockets for my second Aokiji too...

bobohoro

I wouldn't sweat Duval unless you've got a specific use in mind for him. I think one of the positives about this game is that if you don't have a unit or a requirement, there was generally a pretty decent workaround (pre-Neo raids, anyway).

Spend a gem and maxed him with 9 copies anyway, because...well yeah, might come in handy sometime and I got it out of the way.
Since Neo Hawk is FS, I could actually make some fun FS health cut/tank/burst teams with my Corazon and a TS Luffy friend. Something like this?

2iTSQTr.png

44% health cut and a decent burst. Should actually be able to do a few forests.
Although I guess Raid Sabo would work better most of the time.
Oh well, might work better in a shooter team:

JLeJOva.png

But only if you really need the 50% damage reduction, since Kizaru adds nearly 1M damage over 2 turns. I guess Duval really is just an old Raid unit, although not nearly as useless as Garp or Ivankov are by now.

should i use all those socket books on shiliew?
how much is it really used?

One of the better units for socket books, right after Legends. He has farmable sockets in the form of a though 50-stamina coli unit which itself is pretty awesome, so you probably won't have many dupes to spare. And Shiryu is amazing for hard one time stages and even pretty useful for farming stuff, since he is pretty safe when paired with RR/Legend Marco for a full heal. While it may take some time, he has allowed me to get an early start on Invasions and some thougher colo units for which I didn't have a normal team at the time.

I have mine fully socketed with books and never once did I regret it.

I should actually go through my box and see who I'll spend my books on next. Have quite a few sitting around unused. Started on Trebol, halfway done, but I might switch to Senior Pink for the time being.

Kyou

Got my 30 shooter runs(zero of the other two :D) and maxed Aokiji

Moving on to Kuzan sockets now. Also 0/3 on Invasion Shanks with the almighty books 🙃

EMT0

Banned
Farming Colo Miss Valentine is a struggle. And it doesn't help when RNG is against me although I suppose that on the bright side, sockets are matching pace with special ups.

bobohoro

Farming Colo Miss Valentine is a struggle. And it doesn't help when RNG is against me although I suppose that on the bright side, sockets are matching pace with special ups.

Yeah, switched to her as well. Running double Haruta, getting her to roughly drop every other run, with duplicates it kinda evens out. Planning to get her down to atleast a CD of 16 to be ready for the Flying dutchman.

My Aokiji stats are: 20/20/5 for Shooter/Striker/FS and I will probably leave it at that, at least will focus on other stuff first for the rest of his days. My NeoKiji is skillmaxed and 4/4/4 for sockets.

My ColoKuro is skillmaxed but has shit sockets, only 1/1/4. Atleast the 4 is AH, but yeah, not sure if I will run him for sockets anymore.

Still need looooots of Tashigi sockets as well as Smoker and Bastille books, so I might focus on that mainly.

MiTYH

Yeah, switched to her as well. Running double Haruta, getting her to roughly drop every other run, with duplicates it kinda evens out. Planning to get her down to atleast a CD of 16 to be ready for the Flying dutchman.

Is Valentine that good? I got one copy but don't see a reason to max her

EMT0

Banned

My Aokiji stats are: 20/20/5 for Shooter/Striker/FS and I will probably leave it at that, at least will focus on other stuff first for the rest of his days. My NeoKiji is skillmaxed and 4/4/4 for sockets.

My ColoKuro is skillmaxed but has shit sockets, only 1/1/4. Atleast the 4 is AH, but yeah, not sure if I will run him for sockets anymore.

Still need looooots of Tashigi sockets as well as Smoker and Bastille books, so I might focus on that mainly.

...in hindsight, as a Buggy owner, I'm one dumb bastard. I maxed her special up and I'm short one Bind socket, which I'll handle via manuals most likely because non-Chaos stages are awful ROI. I maxed Kuro's special although it took a lot of dupes also, so my sockets are slightly better off at 3/5/4 B/D/AH. I'll finish his sockets the day I'm bored enough to get skillups on my second GPU. And I'm in the same boat with the Smoker/Tashigi FN, but I've made my peace with Tashigi sockets. I'll get em the next time around.

Is Valentine that good? I got one copy but don't see a reason to max her

Yep, once the Flying Dutchman drops Valentine becomes one of the best F2P units in the game for Rainbow/STR/Fighter/Free Spirit teams. Like Raid Doffy on a much lesser scale, now that all classes have large amounts of utility units. But given that the Dutchman will replace the Sunny as the go-to ship, she'll see a lot of use.

MiTYH

Yep, once the Flying Dutchman drops Valentine becomes one of the best F2P units in the game for Rainbow/STR/Fighter/Free Spirit teams. Like Raid Doffy on a much lesser scale, now that all classes have large amounts of utility units. But given that the Dutchman will replace the Sunny as the go-to ship, she'll see a lot of use.

Hunh. Looked up the ship, that does sound good. I guess I know what I'll be doing the rest of the weekend. What's the good double Haruta team?

RedBoot

Hunh. Looked up the ship, that does sound good. I guess I know what I'll be doing the rest of the weekend. What's the good double Haruta team?

If you've got Raid Sabo skilled up enough, pairing him with Mihawk and another 20/30% cutter is basically all you need. I'm using Sabo, WB, Mihawk, and Colo Moria for mine (using all the specials KOs Valentine and takes out Mr. 5 in one turn), but there's probably lots of combos that work.

EMT0

Banned
I was speedrunning using QCK Legends. Any of them work with the exact same subs(I used them all while farming without changing anything other than my ship and captain), although my team was built to work with Kuzan and Ace's Striker to only stall for one turn. Others will require 2 or more turns of stall. Anyways:

Kuzan - Kuzan
Kizaru - QCK Shooter beatstick
Toy Soldier - Colo Apoo

Pretty simple. On the boss, use Toy Soldier to shuffle the left column and unbind Apoo. Use Kizaru's special(Lv. 1 or 2, doesn't matter) and Apoo's, KO first Miss Valentine then Mr. 5 by hitting last with Kizaru on Mr. 5. Other Legends will only KO Miss Valentine on the first turn unless you get a matching orb from Soldier's shuffle, but can KO Mr. 5 by just hitting a few perfects on the next turn with ease. But Kuzan will KO both enemies on the final stage in one turn even with 5 bad orbs and Kizaru's matching orb.

mileS

Got Ms. Valentine to 12 turns, 1 away from max. Sockets need some work tho. This one is very luck based. Sometimes the farming goes good, other times you burn through quite a bit of stam with nothing to show for it.

Thank you Buggy.... for giving me the extra turtle.. everyday.

I'm kinda curious as to what the next coliseum will be. The Sabo evolution will be accessible on September 1st according to people who have time traveled but the next invasion will be Shanks on the 5th which will coincide with the next coliseum batch. No telling what it will be though since the Don Chinjao colo skipped something like 8 batches.

They should be releasing the Law forest soon. I'm pretty sure Summer Bonney was the only enemy unit left that hadn't made its way to global so there's really nothing stopping them now. I secretly just want it so I can get rid of this dumb unopenable mail with cola in it.

EMT0

Banned
I'm kinda curious as to what the next coliseum will be. The Sabo evolution will be accessible on September 1st according to people who have time traveled but the next invasion will be Shanks on the 5th which will coincide with the next coliseum batch. No telling what it will be though since the Don Chinjao colo skipped something like 8 batches.

They should be releasing the Law forest soon. I'm pretty sure Summer Bonney was the only enemy unit left that hadn't made its way to global so there's really nothing stopping them now. I secretly just want it so I can get rid of this dumb unopenable mail with cola in it.

They should be releasing Ideo if they follow their post-jump order, otherwise, Byrnndy World if they return to normal. Personally, give me Kinemon Bandai. As for the Law forest...heck yeah, I can justify using Law as a lead with that :)

Majukun

coliseum batches can now be basically anything..it would be strange to go back to 30 stamina batches after chinjao, but i wouldn't be surprised if they do that..they might also just increase the frequency of the release and give u every time a 50 stamima only chaos,a 30 stamina at all difficulties and a 20 stamina only one like we got this time with chinjao,kuro and miss valentine...at this point maybe we would get kinemon since we also have sabo+ soon it would be fitting

RedBoot

I think we're going to get Ideo batch next, if only to maintain the Baroque and East Blue cycles with Mr. 5 and Krieg. But on the other hand, we have Kimono Mr. 3 now so we could get Foxy/Porche, though they'd presumably have to pair them with someone else since we got Moria. I wouldn't be opposed to a Gan Fall/Ohm/Foxy/Porche mega bundle, if only for the gems.

Really want Kinemon and Kanjuro tho. :p

EMT0

Banned
Just finished with all of the Aokiji stages, and went 2/3 on Blackbeard with my first few books. Now the question becomes Blackbeard, or Zoro...

EDIT: 1/6 on Zoro, 3/9 overall. I'll take it

Majukun

finished aokiji's missions and maxed miss valentine.,..now to try to max miss plot and summer bonney between today and tomorrow

still need sockets on kuro,tashigi and miss valentine..but those will come later

Kyou

so far maxed everything out of the new fortnight except G5 Smoker(1 off I think?) and Aokiji(4 off?)

it's a real bummer when you hit that point where basically all the book drops are going to be useless.

EMT0

Banned
so far maxed everything out of the new fortnight except G5 Smoker(1 off I think?) and Aokiji(4 off?)

it's a real bummer when you hit that point where basically all the book drops are going to be useless.

I'm already there. Maxed everybody but Bastille but I've only had one skillup on Kuzan. The drop rate is ass :/

RedBoot

I've done long-ish Kuro runs, luck-heavy Valentine runs, and Violet runs today, and Violet's by far the most miserable. I think she has a lower drop rate than Valentine, and there's no skillbooks like in a FN in case she doesn't drop. :/

Maxed Kuro and Valentine (had a lucky 4/5 on the latter), and since Violet's annoying me I swapped over to Tashigi/Smoker FN. Outside of the initial completion runs, I've barely touched this FN, so I might have to gem a bit. Tashigi Shambles seems to have a lousy drop rate so far. At least I'm getting a few Magellan books.

MiTYH

If you've got Raid Sabo skilled up enough, pairing him with Mihawk and another 20/30% cutter is basically all you need. I'm using Sabo, WB, Mihawk, and Colo Moria for mine (using all the specials KOs Valentine and takes out Mr. 5 in one turn), but there's probably lots of combos that work.

Made a makeshift team thanks to youtube. Double Haruta, RaidHeracles'n, RaidKuma, Corazon, and NeoMihawk. I would have taken Ain over Corazon, but I needed to get bind1 sockets, and since I just pulled Haruta, there's no sockets. FN comes in like... 3-4 months I think, which'll be nice. Anyway, this team works well enough. Corazon for the unlock, Mihawk for the HP Cut, Heracles'n for all orbs (meat on Haruta), Kuma for true all orbs and a boost. KO valentine in one, and then KO Mr 5 in 1 or 2. Safe and easy, and I've already gotten few skillups. Should hopefully finish her this week.

What's the go-to socket spread? Not like it matters for me, i've only gotten AH and SocketBoost, which don't seem too bad

good luck,haven't seeing him once

I was lucky, got him twice in my normal runs. Still annoying

RedBoot

I've had Swim Luffy show up three times or so in my Violet runs. He's fairly rare, which sucks since he probably needs 3 or so skill ups to be usable. I suspect if you ran all five Summer Islands you'd get enough, but that doesn't help those of us who ran Nami/Robin/Perona last year.

He's a solid utility unit, but I doubt I'll get him skilled enough.

What's the go-to socket spread? Not like it matters for me, i've only gotten AH and SocketBoost, which don't seem too bad

I'd definitely try to get Bind sockets for Valentine, just to help offset her downside. Otherwise just go with what the game gives you. AH is always good.

Kyou

I am in such autopilot that I got an Aokiji book and went in to use it and had two already

No skill ups *single tear*

Also somehow getting less Smoker books now than Aokiji

All my new colo units are skill maxed. Ms. Valentine is socket maxed, Chinjao is 2/54 on bind/despair/AH and Kuro is 3/3/4. I'm pretty sure I won't bother socketing Kuro. He has a niche use and the essential sockets are covered by my staple slasher units. And well, I don't really have a cerebral team and I doubt I'd really use him on one anyway. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should finish Don Chinjao. 50 stamina is costly and he's not a team essential unit or comparable to a raid unit. My fighter and powerhouse teams are well socketed as they are so I"m not too concerned.

MiTYH

So Wild Sanji coming in a few days, and I am torn.

On the one hand, my Slasher team is OP as it is. INTHawk, 3d2y Zoro,Legend Shanks, Doffy, and Tashigi give me amazing combos and work well together. And the Flying Dutchman ship will come eventually.

On the other hand... the unit really does seem good.

If they announce a guaranteed legend on 3rd multi, I'll have enough for both. Otherwise... I may need to wait out Wild Sanji for a month or so. There is time before he'll go away

Majukun

brought bonney under the 15 cd objective i had but still no summer luffy

thinking about skipping and go farming tashigi sockets

EMT0

Banned
So Wild Sanji coming in a few days, and I am torn.

On the one hand, my Slasher team is OP as it is. INTHawk, 3d2y Zoro,Legend Shanks, Doffy, and Tashigi give me amazing combos and work well together. And the Flying Dutchman ship will come eventually.

On the other hand... the unit really does seem good.

If they announce a guaranteed legend on 3rd multi, I'll have enough for both. Otherwise... I may need to wait out Wild Sanji for a month or so. There is time before he'll go away

That seems like the wisest course of action. Hope you can snag him!

Top Bottom