• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Voror

Two rerolls on this banner so far and nothing. I'll be surprised if I see any legend let alone any of those top recommended ones. All you can expect from the RNG I guess. Just wish I didn't have to go through that long tutorial every time.

So I used this team against Byrnndi World and it worked great except I couldn't activate RR Kanjuro's special on the last stage and I don't know why. Boa limits your chain to 2.0x but I always thought using a chain locker would bypass that. I still had enough damage to 1-shot him but I'm curious as to why I couldn't use the special.

EMT0

Banned
Two rerolls on this banner so far and nothing. I'll be surprised if I see any legend let alone any of those top recommended ones. All you can expect from the RNG I guess. Just wish I didn't have to go through that long tutorial every time.

Are you following a tutorial guide, or manually replaying through the entire tutorial? Because there's a way to do the process far more easily using an emulator on your PC. Here is a guide. You just reroll via your PC, and then transfer the account to your phone.

Voror

Are you following a tutorial guide, or manually replaying through the entire tutorial? Because there's a way to do the process far more easily using an emulator on your PC. Here is a guide. You just reroll via your PC, and then transfer the account to your phone.

Manually replaying. I didn't even know this was a thing you could do haha. Thanks!

RedBoot

No problem :)

You guys remember heathtech? Well, round 2.

It's amazing to be able to compare these now. In the Neko sugo, 3 of the 5 most common pulls were "fake golds" (silvers or base Strawhats). Meanwhile, in this sugo only 1 of the 5 most common is fake gold (and I'd even say the most common RRs are better here). I guess the existence of "trap sugos" are actually somewhat supported by the numbers. :p

And yes...don't even dream of trying for Cat or Dog right now.

Kyou

God damn I should really look at the guides even if I'm going to cheese the colos

Me: Sweet made it to Suleimon in really good shape, prepare to eat Shiryu and there's nothing you can do about it
Suleimon: Sup *locks Shiryu's special for 50 turns*
Me: Oh

EMT0

Banned
I cleared all of the Coliseums except Suleiman, which I had in the bag but my hubris stopped me from beating it. I actually managed to survive Hancock's 10 turn bind with Neko, I died on Suleiman due to not having a matching orb DEX Aokiji, having not having had a chance to farm an orb on him. I'll clear it tomorrow ez.

Voror

Wow it really is easy to reroll now. Gotten a few single instances of legends so far. Two Corazon, one Jinbe and now Sabo.

Done for the now I think. Sabo from reading up seems like a great unit, mainly as a support from the sound of things. He was one of those identified as one that won't get to his top utility till quite a bit later though. I think I might keep trying for one of those three top ones tomorrow.

Hana-Bi

Will probably run the new colos only once this weekend. Really not that interested in farming them now (will wait for invasions) but will probably farm X-Drake...

And damn, all those reds with singles are crazy. Won't pull until Boas sisters or guaranteed G4...

MiTYH

Goddamn, if I hadn't pulled TSL and Neko in the last Global sugo, I would switch to JPN. Just did a multipull there and got Shiryu, Legend Enel, and Legend Cavendish. This is in addition to (big breath) LL, Lucci, Barto, WB, Zoro, Ace, BB, Doffy, Law, Kizaru, Mihawk, Ray, and Jimbe. That's FIFTEEN legend now, and I only use the account for fun/when I'm empty of stamina on global. It's... infuriating. Anyway, not pulling on global's sugo because (a) rates are never that good and (b) I'm saving for 3rd anniversary.

Colo time, hammering out easy stuff to get to the harder content this weekend. Actually spent yesterday farming Buggy/Shanks FN since I had nothing better to do, and FN buggy is used sparingly. It went OK.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did a single pull - Silver...welp could be wo...actually now it couldnt be worse xD

Majukun, can you hook me up with a Fuji team for X-Drake ?

@MiTYH

Crazy amount of Legends in JPN.

btw. I must have missed your last Sugo pulls..congrats on Neko and TSL - i know you were complaining not too long ago that you need a Top Tier Captain for Global...hah...talk about luck.

Majukun

Did a single pull - Silver...welp could be wo...actually now it couldnt be worse xD

Majukun, can you hook me up with a Fuji team for X-Drake ?

@MiTYH

btw. I must have missed your last Sugo pulls..congrats on Neko and TSL - i know you were complaining not too long ago that you need a Top Tier Captain for Global...hah...talk about luck.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...108:99,1283:44,675:99C7,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H
i have this one saved in the damage calculator but with a ? at the end,which i put for the non-tested teams..so i have either made it,tested it and didn't come back to correct it,or i used another one...sadly i don't rmemember what i used since i maxed it the first time he came

anyway,a fast youtube search gave me this ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIA9u94mN4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqpUNRpgGA8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfA8iH5n0WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDxH9_ByAAI

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...108:99,1283:44,675:99C7,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H
i have this one saved in the damage calculator but with a ? at the end,which i put for the non-tested teams..so i have either made it,tested it and didn't come back to correct it,or i used another one...sadly i don't rmemember what i used since i maxed it the first time he came

anyway,a fast youtube search gave me this ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIA9u94mN4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqpUNRpgGA8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfA8iH5n0WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDxH9_ByAAI

Awesome thanks, appreciated.

I should be able to do this with my units. I dont even run Legend Croc but i feel i should farm X-Drake anyway...i dont think i can run the the 50stam challenges this time. KInemon was perfect because it was easier heh.

Edit:

Okay worked like a charm..i just used Cesar and Raid Doffy.

MiTYH

@MiTYH

Thanks. Yeah, complaining on Gaf always works, right? It was a great sugo for me last time (3 multis got me those two legends) so I'm cooling the pulling for a bit. This is actually the very first sugo I won't even do one pull. Somewhat for the controversy, mostly due to my overwhelming lack of gems

Majukun

can anyone put a blackbeard s captain for me?
i need it for the noland stage of the ganfor gate..incredibly not a single one seem to be on my list

EMT0

Banned
can anyone put a blackbeard s captain for me?
i need it for the noland stage of the ganfor gate..incredibly not a single one seem to be on my list

Just put mine up.

Thanks to these new Colos, I've already finished socketing QCK Law and Hody, which means I'm back to my original planned schedule for unit socketing. Right now, SW Shanks is 1 Bind, 2 Charge Special, and 1 Orbs socket away from max. I have the guaranteed socket books to max him, but I'd rather avoid spending those until I really need to for now. Once he's done, I'm hopping over to either 6+ Sabo or 6+ Hancock because I loathe running their raids, then whichever I didn't get. QCK Doffy I should be getting done tonight/tomorrow with his raid since I find it pretty easy/tolerable...this'll be the 5th Doffy I max socket. That's horrifying to realize. That'll leave Lucci, Sengoku, Shirahoshi, and Buggy as my only unsocketed Legends, and I plan to tackle all of them via FNs except for Lucci, who I hope to make progress on while maxing FN Kaku next time he drops. Whatever doesn't get done will get done via socket books.

Majukun

Just put mine up.

Thanks to these new Colos, I've already finished socketing QCK Law and Hody, which means I'm back to my original planned schedule for unit socketing. Right now, SW Shanks is 1 Bind, 2 Charge Special, and 1 Orbs socket away from max. I have the guaranteed socket books to max him, but I'd rather avoid spending those until I really need to for now. Once he's done, I'm hopping over to either 6+ Sabo or 6+ Hancock because I loathe running their raids, then whichever I didn't get. QCK Doffy I should be getting done tonight/tomorrow with his raid since I find it pretty easy/tolerable...this'll be the 5th Doffy I max socket. That's horrifying to realize. That'll leave Lucci, Sengoku, Shirahoshi, and Buggy as my only unsocketed Legends, and I plan to tackle all of them via FNs except for Lucci, who I hope to make progress on while maxing FN Kaku next time he drops. Whatever doesn't get done will get done via socket books.
can't see ya,maybe we are not friends yet?

Voror

Still pulling but haven't seen those three. It's weird looking at videos of people pulling on Japan with how often they see legends, though the steps are part of that. What exactly is the reasoning for reducing the rates for Global though? Because it's global and is a wider market, lower the rates to get more money out of them?

Hana-Bi

Man, having Striker Law feels so good. Finally an unconditional 3x captain and I can clear so much content with the same crew. Just finished every pre-boss chaos stage for Ganfor and World. Prior to Law LL was my first and still most used captain for almost everything. Now my striker crew just exploded with awesomeness. :)

EMT0

Banned
Still pulling but haven't seen those three. It's weird looking at videos of people pulling on Japan with how often they see legends, though the steps are part of that. What exactly is the reasoning for reducing the rates for Global though? Because it's global and is a wider market, lower the rates to get more money out of them?

As far as we can tell, it's pretty much exactly that. Bandai has less accountability than in Japan, and has far less competition compared to Japan too. Their gacha rates are trash and there's a few more less obvious ways that they bleed us for gems such as an unequal skillup rate compared to Japan. but I'll give Bandai some credit where it's due. The actual release schedule for content to clear on Global is pretty damn dope right now and we get most QoL updates in a reasonable amount of time after Japan.

On more positive news, I maxed out Colo X-Drake in about 4 gems, only need three more sockets on him that I'll get later on during this rotation via natural stamina. I also got enough Forbidden Tomes while farming that I maxed out Shanks; he was short 1 Orbs socket and 1 Charge Special, I said what the heck and fed em. Now I'm down to only 1 Charge Special manual but have 15 AH sitting around, lol. I'm done farming the Coliseum for the day, I'll be trying to get the rest done via natural stamina/snails, probably gonna hit World next since he should be easyish for Neko, is stamina-cheap compared to Suleiman, and Ganfor is glitched atm according to Reddit and isn't giving sockets when fed to his evolved form. Next on the socketing hitlist, 6+ Hancock because I hate her raid more than Sabo's.

Voror

As far as we can tell, it's pretty much exactly that. Bandai has less accountability than in Japan, and has far less competition compared to Japan too. Their gacha rates are trash and there's a few more less obvious ways that they bleed us for gems such as an unequal skillup rate compared to Japan. but I'll give Bandai some credit where it's due. The actual release schedule for content to clear on Global is pretty damn dope right now and we get most QoL updates in a reasonable amount of time after Japan.

I'm not fully aware but is this the case with Blazing and Dokkan as well? I've been playing those and while I do get bad rolls now and then, largely the track record is pretty good. That's still a shame though as it feels like it discourages actually bothering to roll. I mean you'd got the steps of course which guarantee at some levels, but it's not quite as good if your rates of getting top tier are so low. I will give some credit I suppose based on what you're saying on the release schedule.

Anyway, rolled Blackbeard just now. Going to keep trying but I think I'll see about backing that one up if I don't come out with Luffy or Akainu by the time this Sugofest ends.

EMT0

Banned
I'm not fully aware but is this the case with Blazing and Dokkan as well? I've been playing those and while I do get bad rolls now and then, largely the track record is pretty good. That's still a shame though as it feels like it discourages actually bothering to roll. I mean you'd got the steps of course which guarantee at some levels, but it's not quite as good if your rates of getting top tier are so low. I will give some credit I suppose based on what you're saying on the release schedule.

Anyway, rolled Blackbeard just now. Going to keep trying but I think I'll see about backing that one up if I don't come out with Luffy or Akainu by the time this Sugofest ends.

I don't really know about those other games, though IIRC some got paranoid that it also occurs with their games after hearing about OPTC. And agreed, it seriously encourages hoarding until at the very least, All-Gold Sugofests in the hopes of pulling a large batch of new and useful units at a minimum. It's also part of why rerolling for a strong account is heavily recommended; you don't want to be at the RNG's mercy when it comes to being able to get something powerful. OPTC is still one of the most F2P-friendly gacha games out there because everything can be cleared with F2P units, but the gacha aspects are disheartening, yeah.

Blackbeard's a good choice, if you do end up sticking with him. I've been advocating him as the best starting Legend for anybody that really wants to learn how to teambuild for content ever since I got him. Good luck!

Kumo

No problem :)

You guys remember heathtech? Well, round 2.

I've always known the rates were shitty, but it's nice to see it confirmed. 900+ days of playing netted me exactly 8 legends (never pulled any dupes), most of which were older legends at the time of pulling. And yes I've paid for many pulls up until 2nd anni and that's all I have. Not like that matters to Bandai.

The only time I've ever truly been lucky with rare recruit was when I pulled Whitebeard back when he was the only legend in the pool. The rates must've been garbage for him back then going by these figures.

Did three multi-pulls in Japan this morning. Got legend Sanji and legend Dog, and then a bunch of really great RR's that I've been missing. Finally got my orb booster for my SW Ace team (Marguerite) after all this time too!

I'm pretty excited about the Sanji pull. I always thought he looked fun to use, but I'm really having a blast now that I have him. I basically went from having a 0% chance of ever farming Raid Fuji, to it being a walk in the park with one pull.

The legend Dog pull is....okay I guess. I literally have almost none of the characters he needs for a Cerebral team, so he's just kind of a decent sub for my Slasher team currently.

At least I edge out MiTYH with a grand total of SIXTEEN legends on Japan now. I took a long time off the game, but I've been having a great time with it again here lately.

Kyou

I don't blame you if you don't want to do the 7000 rerolls to get a top tier legend

Some good "common" legends are Mihawk, Sengoku, Blackbeard(though he's 'tier 2') and Rayleigh

I had Ray for over a year as my only legend. He's a little high skill but he's very beginner friendly with his high damage and ability to use any subs

Voror

I don't really know about those other games, though IIRC some got paranoid that it also occurs with their games after hearing about OPTC. And agreed, it seriously encourages hoarding until at the very least, All-Gold Sugofests in the hopes of pulling a large batch of new and useful units at a minimum. It's also part of why rerolling for a strong account is heavily recommended; you don't want to be at the RNG's mercy when it comes to being able to get something powerful. OPTC is still one of the most F2P-friendly gacha games out there because everything can be cleared with F2P units, but the gacha aspects are disheartening, yeah.

Blackbeard's a good choice, if you do end up sticking with him. I've been advocating him as the best starting Legend for anybody that really wants to learn how to teambuild for content ever since I got him. Good luck!

Can't say I blame them for that since it just feels like bad business. I guess if they still rake in the money they probably don't care, but it's not a good look at all.

Yeah, we'll see how I come out but if I never pull Luffy or Akainu I know I've got a good start to fall back on with him at least. Just finished backing that one up.

I don't blame you if you don't want to do the 7000 rerolls to get a top tier legend

Some good "common" legends are Mihawk, Sengoku, Blackbeard(though he's 'tier 2') and Rayleigh

I had Ray for over a year as my only legend. He's a little high skill but he's very beginner friendly with his high damage and ability to use any subs

The fact it's so quick to do so is the only reason I'm trying so much. I've seen a few other legends like Mihawk, Kizaru and Rayleigh but decided to keep trying nonetheless. I admit I had some hopes of possibly seeing double legends on some pulls, but with those rates the chances would be rather astronomical.

Edit: lol And I just pulled two legends after saying that. Shanks and Croc.

EMT0

Banned
The fact it's so quick to do so is the only reason I'm trying so much. I've seen a few other legends like Mihawk, Kizaru and Rayleigh but decided to keep trying nonetheless. I admit I had some hopes of possibly seeing double legends on some pulls, but with those rates the chances would be rather astronomical.

Edit: lol And I just pulled two legends after saying that. Shanks and Croc.

Your rerolling plus the others posting their JP pulls actually inspired me to go ahead and try to reroll myself a JP account for when the pulling itch strikes. And uh.....good fucking lord, the second account I rerolled. Three Legends, plus every godly sub I could have ever wanted:

• Akainu
  • Whitebeard from the free Legend mail
  • Inuarashi
  • SW Shanks as a third Legend because why not
  • TS Sanji
  • Neptune
  • RR Marigold + Sandersonia
  • Doc Q
This account is so disgustingly good, lol. Neptune for that mad exp. Akainu plus every single Legend BFF of his because why not. Sandersonia + Marigold for the class boost and conditional boost. TS Sanji for the orb boost. And Neptune makes use of everybody I just listed as subs if he's running a Powerhouse team. So much synergy. So much OP. Here's proof:

diA4efQ.png

What the fuck...? I HAVE to play this one. It'd be a sin not to.

Voror

Your rerolling plus the others posting their JP pulls actually inspired me to go ahead and try to reroll myself a JP account for when the pulling itch strikes. And uh.....good fucking lord, the second account I rerolled. Three Legends, plus every godly sub I could have ever wanted:

• Akainu
  • Whitebeard from the free Legend mail
  • Inuarashi
  • SW Shanks as a third Legend because why not
  • TS Sanji
  • Neptune
  • RR Marigold + Sandersonia
  • Doc Q
This account is so disgustingly good, lol. Neptune for that mad exp. Akainu plus every single Legend BFF of his because why not. Sandersonia + Marigold for the class boost and conditional boost. TS Sanji for the orb boost. And Neptune makes use of everybody I just listed as subs if he's running a Powerhouse team. So much synergy. So much OP. Here's proof:

diA4efQ.png

What the fuck...? I HAVE to play this one. It'd be a sin not to.

Good lord! And on the second try? Is it the same banner or a slightly different one compared to Global?

Kyou

Jesus christ. Neptune even means you don't have to worry about team cost. You could probably get that up and running TODAY

EMT0

Banned
Jesus christ. Neptune even means you don't have to worry about team cost. You could probably get that up and running TODAY

Yuuuup. Happy Birthday to me(seriously, it's my birthday. This game knows man). I'm gonna go ahead and transfer this account to my phone alongside my Global account, and gonna keep on casually rerolling JP accounts. I'll post anything interesting that I find in case anybody else wants to adopt a crazy JP account for funsies.

Kyou

man I really want Neptune. Can't wait for him to get out of the new unit rate ghetto.

I guess with the way global rates apparently work you either go hard to get a unit when it comes out or live with waiting six months

edit: also happy birthday

Hana-Bi

Yeah, those nerfed pull rates are ridiculous but that's the reason I only got old legends and dupe after dupe. At least I got lucky the last sugos with Neko and Law. :)

And farming X Drake right now... Getting 5/10 auto heal sockets when I really don't need them...

EMT0

Banned
Got another 50 gems via Story farming, got 8 new RRs and V2 Boa on my second multi. I forgot what it feels like to pull and feel good about it, lol. I'm gonna try for another 50 today so that I can get a final guaranteed Legend. JP be silly yo.

bobohoro

Happy birthday EMT, have fun with that account!

Did a single, although even that one felt forced. Silver poster. What gets me more than the new legends having shitty rates is the new batches of RR being held back in a similar way. Getting fishmen seems nearly impossible only a month or so after they released. Will have an extended look at the rate tables for any upcoming sugo from now on.

Not quite sure what I want to farm from coli right now. Drake seems okay, but I never run Cerebral and PH have better options. Brynndi World is similar, a good unit for a class I never run anymore. Suleiman seems nice, but again the same thing.

Which leaves Ganfor who is somewhat decent for strikers, but his unit seems bugged.
Oh well, let's just Shiryu all pre-stages and think about it afterwards.

RedBoot

Did a single, although even that one felt forced. Silver poster. What gets me more than the new legends having shitty rates is the new batches of RR being held back in a similar way. Getting fishmen seems nearly impossible only a month or so after they released. Will have an extended look at the rate tables for any upcoming sugo from now on.

It's funny because I remember seeing the fishmen all over the place on JPN pulls back when they got them initially. I kind of felt like they were intended as "common" RRs since Powerhouse was so weak at that point. I'd always anecdotally felt like certain batches were more common than others (and I guess I was right), with WB2 being the main culprit.

Based on the numbers we've seen now, the best time to get a specific RR is absolutely their debut sugo, since those numbers seem to be higher than even normal "boosts" later on. Of course, even within that there's a lot of variance. Carrot and Heracles are common, while Kanjuro and Perona are much rarer. It's just dumb.

koryuken

Just curious when would one use the new Legend Usopp as a sub? For really hard raids that have debuff protection? Shooter teams?? There aren't that many true rainbow teams -- but I guess Akainu can use him as well.

Top Bottom