• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Just curious when would one use the new Legend Usopp as a sub? For really hard raids that have debuff protection? Shooter teams?? There aren't that many true rainbow teams -- but I guess Akainu can use him as well.

I've seen him used on Akainu teams against Cavendish. Throw in raid Doffy and RR Onigumo and you're good to go. His mono typing hurts him a bit but he'll likely find a place on teams against harder colo bosses.

Voror

you have a better chance of getting Akainu in this sugo than a fishman

edit: well 5*

I still haven't seen Akainu but I've seen a lot of fishmen including Jinbe. Granted, I've been rerolling since yesterday on and off.

Edit: Okay I just got a legend Luffy, but not sure if this is the right one. In the wake of an endless dream - Straw Hat Pirates Luffy.

He doesn't have the cross scar so I don't think this is the right one but not sure.

MiTYH

I still haven't seen Akainu but I've seen a lot of fishmen including Jinbe. Granted, I've been rerolling since yesterday on and off.

Edit: Okay I just got a legend Luffy, but not sure if this is the right one. In the wake of an endless dream - Straw Hat Pirates Luffy.

He doesn't have the cross scar so I don't think this is the right one but not sure.

This one? http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/1120

They redid the style/name for licensing reasons. But that's Log Luffy for sure

Faynwulf

Decided to give JP a go because of my frustration with Global.

My Box:

g-2d7GB5Qh222avBayRcjA.png

If anyone wants to add me: 150835536

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member

My Box:

Added. Really nice starting account. BB's my most used legend, and I personally think Shirahoshi is the best sub in the game.

EMT0

Banned
I'm gonna have some very nice accounts to share in a bit once I'm done pulling for anyone interested in picking up a JP account. For some reason I've pulled zero Lucys all day, but everything else has been pretty damn generous.

RedBoot

Got through Ganfall and World's colo trees. Ganfall's a pretty easy clear with a Croc team and Sugar for the revive (my Invasion Shanks is finally in usable range!), whereas I have a Shiryu team that seems reliable for World (because I'm too lazy to come up with anything else). Not looking forward to having to get like 16 skill ups for World though (especially since I'm still not totally convinced he's worth it, with 6+ Ace incoming eventually). I'll finish up Sulemon later and figure out who I want to farm first. Hopefully they'll fix Ganfall sooner rather than later.

EMT0

Banned
Alright, so I'm done rerolling for funsies and this is my loot to share with you all. If you'd like one of these accounts, just go ahead and ask for it. If you're curious about how you could have both a JP account and a Global account on one device, download Qooapp, and then within that app, search OPTC. You'll get the idea from there if you've ever used the id/password system. One thing to also keep in mind, the Koalas that are currently being given away via chopperman missions are more than enough buy yourself a 6+ skull. You can almost immediately get a 6+ unit, if you're concerned about being held back by a normal 6*. Anyways, the accounts:

V2 Hancock + SW Ace + V1 Hancock
nrtzHuD.png

Notables: Shiryu, Haruta

Whitebeard + Barto + Shirahoshi
lHqdkQQ.png

Notables: RR Cavendish, Marigold

Kizaru + SW Ace
0w0aUXx.png

Notables: RR Marguerite, Van Oger

TS Luffy + Sabo #1
4bkNzVT.png

Notables: 20th Anniversary Zoro(Legend-tier)

TS Luffy + Sabo #2
F7zmnvV.png

notables: RR Garp, Shiryu, G5 Tashigi

Neko + Barto + Whitebeard
UcKUXrX.png

Notables: RR Marigold

Akainu + Whitebeard + 2x Magellan
l1cgHXh.png

Notables: A fat stack of Rayleigh points

SW Ace + Cavendish + Magellan
lQ1zrqU.png

Notables: 20th Anniversary Robin + RR Barto, V2 Diamante

QCK Law + Barto + Whitebeard + Blackbeard
cajclvt.png

Notables: RR Marigold + Sandersonia, V2 Diamante

Lucy + Whitebeard
MyTzhDp.png

Notables: RR Cavendish, Sandersonia

Seriously, take these. I'm not gonna do anything with em, I'll likely just give em away on Reddit otherwise.

koryuken

Alright, so I'm done rerolling for funsies and this is my loot to share with you all. If you'd like one of these accounts, just go ahead and ask for it. If you're curious about how you could have both a JP account and a Global account on one device, download Qooapp, and then within that app, search OPTC. You'll get the idea from there if you've ever used the id/password system. One thing to also keep in mind, the Koalas that are currently being given away via chopperman missions are more than enough buy yourself a 6+ skull. You can almost immediately get a 6+ unit, if you're concerned about being held back by a normal 6*. Anyways, the accounts:

Seriously, take these. I'm not gonna do anything with em, I'll likely just give em away on Reddit otherwise.

May i have the Lucy account??? I will give JP a go...

Also, is the mail to get a free legend already gone on JP?

EMT0

Banned
May i have the Lucy account??? I will give JP a go...

Also, is the mail to get a free legend already gone on JP?

It's not, but I had to pick the Legend for each account(as well as open all the mail) so as to not lose them. The Lucy account has Whitebeard. I'll send you the info via PM in a sec.

Voror

Some nice accounts there. Here I am still pulling for an Akainu or TS Luffy on global Haha. Not sure if I'll be able to luck out before the banner leaves.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A bit late but hope you had a nice Birthday EMT0 !!

...and welcome to OPTC-GAF Voror :-D
Dont give up - if you can pull one of them you will be set for a looooong time. Whatever time you spend now rerolling is time you will save later while playing the game with those leads.

Maybe someone else is rerolling as well on Global and could provide you with a solid account....they otfen have giveaways on reddit as well i think.

Majukun

My Box:

once you go jap,you never go back

that's why i'm not even trying..i know that i'm gonna lose all interest in the game and feel overwhelmed if i start again with no skillups and no units

but i totally understand why people emigrate to the better version.

Majukun

Got through Ganfall and World's colo trees. Ganfall's a pretty easy clear with a Croc team and Sugar for the revive (my Invasion Shanks is finally in usable range!), whereas I have a Shiryu team that seems reliable for World (because I'm too lazy to come up with anything else). Not looking forward to having to get like 16 skill ups for World though (especially since I'm still not totally convinced he's worth it, with 6+ Ace incoming eventually). I'll finish up Sulemon later and figure out who I want to farm first. Hopefully they'll fix Ganfall sooner rather than later.

at the pace we are getting 6+ characters,we are getting 6+ ace in 2019.. i think world it's worth it.

i'm gonna max both him and suleiman eventually anyway

Hana-Bi

Lol, forgot that there is an invasion WB going on (thought that those invasions get a notice if they are live) so I just made a team for Doffy since I need some sockets for my second legend Doffy and the neo Doffys.

Neko, Neko, Law, WB6+, raid Aokiji and TS Nami.

Works great for Doffy and I got invaded after my first run. :) But for WB I forgot that I get despaired for 10 turns if the pistol girl is alive... Managed to clear the stage, got a skull drop and destroyed WB. And the skull was a fucking green one too. :) Ace 6+ will be glorious in a year. :)

The only thing I don't like with those invasions is that you can't run double stamina raids... I don't farm colos that hard if there aren't any invasions going on.

MiTYH

Lol, forgot that there is an invasion WB going on (thought that those invasions get a notice if they are live) so I just made a team for Doffy since I need some sockets for my second legend Doffy and the neo Doffys.

Neko, Neko, Law, WB6+, raid Aokiji and TS Nami.

Works great for Doffy and I got invaded after my first run. :) But for WB I forgot that I get despaired for 10 turns if the pistol girl is alive... Managed to clear the stage, got a skull drop and destroyed WB. And the skull was a fucking green one too. :) Ace 6+ will be glorious in a year. :)

The only thing I don't like with those invasions is that you can't run double stamina raids... I don't farm colos that hard if there aren't any invasions going on.

Same, I forgot about YWB invasion. I... guess I'll run Doffy? I can always work on a second one. Just don't have much else to do, NeoAokiji is max, doffy/neodoffy are max. At least coliseum weekend will give me lots to do

EMT0

Banned
man I really want Neptune. Can't wait for him to get out of the new unit rate ghetto.

I guess with the way global rates apparently work you either go hard to get a unit when it comes out or live with waiting six months

edit: also happy birthday

Happy birthday EMT, have fun with that account!

Did a single, although even that one felt forced. Silver poster. What gets me more than the new legends having shitty rates is the new batches of RR being held back in a similar way. Getting fishmen seems nearly impossible only a month or so after they released. Will have an extended look at the rate tables for any upcoming sugo from now on.

Not quite sure what I want to farm from coli right now. Drake seems okay, but I never run Cerebral and PH have better options. Brynndi World is similar, a good unit for a class I never run anymore. Suleiman seems nice, but again the same thing.

Which leaves Ganfor who is somewhat decent for strikers, but his unit seems bugged.
Oh well, let's just Shiryu all pre-stages and think about it afterwards.

Dont give up - if you can pull one of them you will be set for a looooong time. Whatever time you spend now rerolling is time you will save later while playing the game with those leads.

Maybe someone else is rerolling as well on Global and could provide you with a solid account....they otfen have giveaways on reddit as well i think.

I was really tired last night, must be how I missed these, but thanks guys :)

Voror

Yeah, that's how I'm looking at it. I just wish it wasn't such a chore just to get any legend poster to appear. Sometimes I get lucky and get two rolls in a row where one comes up. At least it's quick.

I've checked on reddit and actually seen some giveaways for Akainu and TS Luffy recently, but I don't fit the criteria to request yet. Don't have enough comment karma yet since I never really used reddit much. Trying to see if I can build up enough to do so if this doesn't pan out.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
The improved universal skillbook island in the JP version is amazing. If anyone wants a Buggy friend captain, I have plenty of slots left: 394 456 227

RedBoot

Surprised it lasted that long, to be honest.

Either way, getting a peek behind the veil was valuable nonetheless, we learned a lot about how boosts work and confirmed some suspicions that the community has had for ages.

Maybe we'll get the rates posted someday, but I kind of doubt Bamco will do it unless forced by law.

Kyou

the most "interesting" thing to me was how little the current non-sugo banner effects Sugos, basically to the point it doesn't. I think a lot of people were under the impression they stacked.

Voror

Just had a super long legend reveal to the point I thought it might be one of those I was looking for, but it was just the Usopp from the banner. Still neat though.

Edit: Also kind of hilarious as the rate for getting him is only topped by Dog and Neko.

Kyou

Just had a super long legend reveal to the point I thought it might be one of those I was looking for, but it was just the Usopp from the banner. Still neat though.

Edit: Also kind of hilarious as the rate for getting him is only topped by Dog and Neko.
was it Usopp riding a fox or Usopp with a big green leaf monster

First is the regular legend and is a "common", the later is a 6+(evolved legend) and is the stupid rare one.

Either way the longer poster reveal is always for the new legend and it is hype as hell

koryuken

once you go jap,you never go back

that's why i'm not even trying..i know that i'm gonna lose all interest in the game and feel overwhelmed if i start again with no skillups and no units

but i totally understand why people emigrate to the better version.

I'm trying JP out with the Lucy account, but you'd be surprised about not being overwhelmed. You don't need to max everything again because you now know which units suck and you'll never use. For example, now I am not going to max anything unless it is an extremely useful unit. Run of the mill units like Vista or 80% of RR, I will never touch. I could care less about many of the raid units like Enel, etc.

Voror

was it Usopp riding a fox or Usopp with a big green leaf monster

First is the regular legend and is a "common", the later is a 6+(evolved legend) and is the stupid rare one.

Either way the longer poster reveal is always for the new legend and it is hype as hell

The second. He had the plus next to the stars. That's good to know though as I wasn't sure exactly what the long reveal indicated.

There don't seem to be summon animation tells for OPTC like there are with Dokkan or Blazing where you can get an indication on how you're going to do or at least what your chances are.

EDIT:

YES!

AKAINU GET!!

Uh, now what to I do? Just transfer over to my phone?

Hana-Bi

So got 6/15 invasions today. One skull drop and no skill ups. Doffy sockets were also bad, but at least I got the green skull. :)

Treasure Map seems interesting but damn is Bandai favoring striker teams. Neko, WB, Barto, Neo Aokiji, Shira all increase your treasure points... Now I only need to pull Shira to have probably one of the best teams for the new mode lol...

Kyou

EDIT:

YES!

AKAINU GET!!

Uh, now what to I do? Just transfer over to my phone?
Congrats!

Yes just make a code and transfer it to your phone or link it to a SMS, should be easy

edit: one pull for Fisher, got 4* Dellinger

300 ray point and a pokedex entry!

Voror

Congrats!

Yes just make a code and transfer it to your phone or link it to a SMS, should be easy

edit: one pull for Fisher, got 4* Dellinger

300 ray point and a pokedex entry!

Thanks!

Got it to transfer over fine. Did some story missions but been checking out stuff on the extra isle to try.

So if I get this right, cotton candy boosts extra stats while these manuals act as substitutes for dupes to unlock abilities? I imagine I should use any I get on Akainu for the moment, yes?

Kyou

So if I get this right, cotton candy boosts extra stats while these manuals act as substitutes for dupes to unlock abilities? I imagine I should use any I get on Akainu for the moment, yes?
Okay tip time:

1) Yes cotton candy boost stats. Each candy point boosts Attack by 2, HP by 5, or Recovery by 1. The catch is you can only feed 200 candies to a unit. Generally the route is if the unit doesn't specifically have a Recovery based ability (like, heal 40x rcv) don't bother feeding those candies to them. Just go straight 100atk 100hp. Once you feed a candy you can never take it back, so some of us early people are cursed with our 98atk-97hp-5rcv shame monsters.

2) Manuals will skill up the same way a dupe will. The thing to note here is that you'll want to hold on to as much as you can. Skill up rates are roughly a 1/8 to 1/10 chance normally, upping to a 1/4 to 1/5 chance during Skill Up events. Try to always wait for these events.

Voror

Okay tip time:

1) Yes cotton candy boost stats. Each candy point boosts Attack by 2, HP by 5, or Recovery by 1. The catch is you can only feed 200 candies to a unit. Generally the route is if the unit doesn't specifically have a Recovery based ability (like, heal 40x rcv) don't bother feeding those candies to them. Just go straight 100atk 100hp. Once you feed a candy you can never take it back, so some of us early people are cursed with our 98atk-97hp-5rcv shame monsters.

2) Manuals will skill up the same way a dupe will. The thing to note here is that you'll want to hold on to as much as you can. Skill up rates are roughly a 1/8 to 1/10 chance normally, upping to a 1/4 to 1/5 chance during Skill Up events. Try to always wait for these events.

Gotcha!

Have a HP candy and one manual but I'll hold off on the latter for now then.

What do you do with all these generic characters you get? Sell for berries or use as leveling fodder?

EMT0

Banned
Gotcha!

Have a HP candy and one manual but I'll hold off on the latter for now then.

What do you do with all these generic characters you get? Sell for berries or use as leveling fodder?

They're usually good fodder for pigs, which are a type of booster. Boosters are exp units, evolvers are units that are only good for evolving other units. Most boosters are some form of turtle, but you can take two of the worst type of turtle plus the right evolver, and evolve a pig into a decent Booster unit.

Why am I bringing this up? Well, two reasons. The first is that generic fodder is terrible for EXP and for your belli count, as it's an easy way to quickly hit 0. The higher the character's level, the more it costs to feed them a unit, and fodder is the worst return on exp. The second reason is that fooder's really only useful for feeding to pigs to get them to Lv.10 in order to evolve them. Otherwise sell em. Though keep in mind, pigs can be tedious too. If you're short on box space and don't have the means to evolve them, they're easy to let go of.

Hana-Bi

going back and forth on whether I should get the barto boat since my striker team is good now

What legends do you have? If Striker Law then Bartos ship is really awesome. With Striker Law you can have a two turn burst. And Bartos ship guarantees you that.

Voror

Something I'm not clear on with sockets. Are the abilities you get random from that list? I just used the tome I had on Akainu and it unlocked recovery boost as an option. Would that always happen or is it RNG there too?

Kumo

Something I'm not clear on with sockets. Are the abilities you get random from that list? I just used the tome I had on Akainu and it unlocked recovery boost as an option. Would that always happen or is it RNG there too?

There are guaranteed socket books that will always give you a certain socket. The forbidden tomes are random and once you get 5 points in 1 socket, it'll stop appearing until you replace it with a different socket.

Voror

There are guaranteed socket books that will always give you a certain socket. The forbidden tomes are random and once you get 5 points in 1 socket, it'll stop appearing until you replace it with a different socket.

So should I just accept the recovery boost for now or will that stop me from replacing it with another down the line?

Majukun

sooo
sockets are a team thing,basically the sum of all the sockets of the team will give to your entire crew a given bonus.

as you already know,you get sockets either from feeding to a character a character with his same name (all akainus socket an akainu,all the luffys socket a luffy)...what socket you get is random every time,and you have to choose each time what sockets to keep and what to discard forever

there are 10 sockets..of this 10,only 6 are useful in some way in the meta, lock,despair,orb, cd reduction, damage reduction and autoheal..the others are more or less garbage and there to add some sweet rng to the whole system.

about the single powers

lock & despair do what you think they do,every level cuts one turn of despair or lock from the total inflicted to your crew...first level is 10mthen 15 and then 20 for the lv 3 which is the max

orb increases the appearance of matching orbs on your team..usually a lv 1 (5 sockets) is enough since lv 2 and 3 (10 and 20 sockets) only add a slight percentage to the rate..that being said,being a fuji user myself,i can say you can definitely feel the difference between a lv 1 orb,lv 2 or lv 3, especially when using a captain that relies on orbs to do damage,like fujitora

Cd reduction is IMHo the luxury socket...technically it can make the difference between life and death in a run,since having or not having a special ready at the right time means a lot...but still, there are not many instances where you are really gonna miss this sockets IMHO..if you really need it, you are probably just better changing something on your team...but in terms of meta, aka what the majority thinks, it's one of the better sockets.

damage reduction was once in the "garbage" tier with the other 4,but has been re-evaluated by the community..that's because, much like with cd reduction, being able to tank a hit or not is crucial and can save or doom a run..so while you usually plan a team without considering them, they can actually be useful an it's not a bad socket to use,but it's usually considered in the lowest position in the "decent sockets tier" together with orb

autoheal this is REALLY useful,and a must have on as many units as you can..except maybe on cerebral characters since both crocodile and inuarashi thrive with low hp. They just have one issue..they are reall useful only at lv 4 or 5,and to get there you need a LOT of sockets (24 for lv 5, aka 1000 hp per turn)..so a lot of investment, that's why you usually try to put it on anything that has at least 3 slots and it's not cerebral...and even cerebral can have an use for them since if you use a special that lowers your hp to 1 to have the maximum burst possible with crocodile, you can be killed by hp cuts from the boss,meanwhile even with just a lv 1 autoheal (100 hp), you can survive them no problem...that being said, there are cerebral units that are gonna see play on various non cerebral teams,like raid kuma,legend doflamingo or invasion shanks...so they are usually the main target for those autoheal sockets on your cerebral team.
So should I just accept the recovery boost for now or will that stop me from replacing it with another down the line?

nothing stops you to repleace a previously acquired socket,just consider that once it's discarded,it's lost forever

augmented recovery is a garbage tier socket though..except for maybe in a legend ener team (yet not on global) so it's not gonna be missed

Voror

Thanks for the rundown on that as well as the recommended ones to shoot for!

So are these Unlockable Quests just ones where, if I didn't want to wait for their day to come up, I could just have show up now for 30 minutes? Was kind of thinking of unlocking some of the evolver ones to get the ones I need for Akainu, but may just be better off waiting if they'll just show up in time.

Majukun

Thanks for the rundown on that as well as the recommended ones to shoot for!

So are these Unlockable Quests just ones where, if I didn't want to wait for their day to come up, I could just have show up now for 30 minutes? Was kind of thinking of unlocking some of the evolver ones to get the ones I need for Akainu, but may just be better off waiting if they'll just show up in time.

yeah,they are only if you can't wait for the rotation..i'd say to keep your gems

that being said,at last for the turtle ones the first ride was free since the stage gives you a gem after the first completion..don't know if it works for the evolver islands too

EMT0

Banned
yeah,they are only if you can't wait for the rotation..i'd say to keep your gems

that being said,at last for the turtle ones the first ride was free since the stage gives you a gem after the first completion..don't know if it works for the evolver islands too

It does, actually. It's how I went hard on all of the evolver stages on my JP account, to rack up evolvers early. The gems were paid for on their own, and I always did it from full stamina into a chopperman mission in order to keep on grinding.

So far I'm at Lv.100 and I haven't really played for more than a few hours, all thanks to Neptune plus double exp plus Chopperman missions. Shit's silly yo.

cw_sasuke

Old news for most here but i beat YWB for the first time yesterday. lol...he was pretty easy with Fuji...i dont know why i didnt tried it before.

Still cool to have the units.

Adeptrain

Hey, This is gonna be a longshot, but anyone here play the Korean version of OPTC? I got back into this game with a Korean account, but my korean isn't strong enough to figure out everything. So, if anyone plays...could you field some questions from me? thx!

Voror

It does, actually. It's how I went hard on all of the evolver stages on my JP account, to rack up evolvers early. The gems were paid for on their own, and I always did it from full stamina into a chopperman mission in order to keep on grinding.

So far I'm at Lv.100 and I haven't really played for more than a few hours, all thanks to Neptune plus double exp plus Chopperman missions. Shit's silly yo.

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and do it. Got all of the materials I needed for Akainu so he's evolved now. Just need turtles to get him to max level. Missions gave a lot of exp too, so I was able to level up pretty well, though not as much as what you're describing. Neptune sounds incredibly useful for that.

Any idea where we get Akainu manuals? Or are they not available yet?

cw_sasuke

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and do it. Got all of the materials I needed for Akainu so he's evolved now. Just need turtles to get him to max level. Missions gave a lot of exp too, so I was able to level up pretty well, though not as much as what you're describing. Neptune sounds incredibly useful for that.

Any idea where we get Akainu manuals? Or are they not available yet?

http://optc-db.github.io/drops/

You can get all his evo materials from the weekly Islands. But you might wanna wait a bit before evolving him because the high costs might limit the amount of team members you can use.

PS. Congrats to Akainu...dude is a beast.

Voror

http://optc-db.github.io/drops/

You can get all his evo materials from the weekly Islands. But you might wanna wait a bit before evolving him because the high costs might limit the amount of team members you can use.

PS. Congrats to Akainu...dude is a beast.

Ah I was forgetting there were universal books.

Haha, I already went ahead and got the materials to evolve him. Did have to take out Kid and put in that starter Luffy. Other members I've been using from when I pulled were TS Sanji, TS Chopper and Golden Pound Usopp (that skill of his is every bit as useful as I'd read too).

But yeah, he definitely is. Anytime a battle goes on long enough that I can shoot off his special, everything dies.

Top Bottom