• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red coming to NA/Europe this year (3DS, Wii U, PS3, Vita)

Shun

Actual hope for a Wii U retail release in NA? Play-Asia has the Wii U version listed for NA, and I'm pretty sure they don't sell NA download codes:

http://www.play-asia.com/one-piece-unlimited-world-red-paOS-13-49-en-70-7lhx.html

idk if play-asia's reliable, but damn I hope there's a physical release for Wii U. I'm saving my remaining 23gb for this and I hope it doesn't take up too much space.

I hate Gamestop, but if it's exclusive retail I'd suck up my pride and buy it if it means physical.

With the release so close, I doubt we'll get a dub once again. I'd love to be wrong. Either way, I'm looking forward to July! I hate the yearly summer drought of games so this should keep me occupied. The HD version is looking really good.

ReaperXL7

Kind of looking forward to this, trailer looks pretty good imo. I'm really debating checking out the show, but there are so many episodes it seems pretty daunting.

Bio-Frost

With the release so close, I doubt we'll get a dub once again. I'd love to be wrong. Either way, I'm looking forward to July! I hate the yearly summer drought of games so this should keep me occupied. The HD version is looking really good.
We can keep hoping. I know a lot of people prefer sub's but I just love funimations English cast.

We can keep hoping. I know a lot of people prefer sub's but I just love funimations English cast.

Same. I like both, but I like to hear things in my own language. Playing Pirate Warriors made it distracting for me to try and read the character's speeches while keeping up with the action.

I also vastly prefer Robin's English voice over her original Japanese voice, but that's just me. Kinda sucks that Unlimited Adventure was the only and final Funimation dubbed game. Really want dual-audio for this.

Actual hope for a Wii U retail release in NA? Play-Asia has the Wii U version listed for NA, and I'm pretty sure they don't sell NA download codes:

http://www.play-asia.com/one-piece-unlimited-world-red-paOS-13-49-en-70-7lhx.html

They put that listing up days after the localisation was announced. Play-Asia tends to jump the gun with this sort of thing a lot. :(

It's like how they put up a pre-order for a physical PAL version of Ducktales on Wii U right after it was only announced in Europe for PS3. http://www.play-asia.com/ducktales-remastered-paOS-13-49-en-70-457p.html

Namikaze

Woah, Vita physical copy= amazing news. This game looks perfect for portable, guess I won't be getting PS3 version anymore. Still have Pirate Warriors 2 for when I want OP on consoles.

BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe announces ONE PIECE UNLIMITED WORLD RED’S Chopper edition & Straw Hat edition!

April 22, 2014

Straw Hat Crew members get their own special editions!

BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S announced today that ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red will be reaching European and Australian shores on 27 June, 2014! This new game will be available on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and Wii U™! ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is an action-adventure RPG game developed by Ganbarion Co., Ltd., based on the widely popular and praised ONE PIECE manga created by the renowned mangaka Eiichiro Oda.

Boasting amazing and exclusive content, this new game will offer hours of exciting gameplay where the players’ will happily discover two brand new characters and an all-new mode planned for the European & Australasian release: Battle Coliseum Mode! This fresh content will please all ONE PIECE lovers as it is directly related to the latest episodes in the Dressrosa arc!

For the impatient fans planning on buying the game on its release day (“Day 1”), BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S. has prepared a unique offer to show this game’s uniqueness, the “Straw Hat Edition”:

One Piece Unlimited World Red full game
Exclusive Costumes: 10 outfits - Luffy Strong World Outfit & the Anniversary Pack with 9 outfits commemorating Japan's 15th anniversary of the One Piece animated series.
A unique quest where the 2 brothers are re-united: “Flame Fist & Straw Hat”

This terrific Anniversary Pack won’t be sold later!

Pre-ordering the game has also its high rewards:

INSERT YOUR PREORDER OFFER

Coming along with this exciting content, all video-game & anime devotees will enjoy the amazingly cute Chopper Edition and its items:

One Piece Unlimited World Red Day 1 Edition
Key Holder of Chopper
10 stickers of the Straw Hat Crew members and the game logo
Wall scroll of Chopper
Lanyard with Chopper
Artbook
The Takoyaki DLC Pack (3 costumes & 1 quest)

“After 2 episodes of the Pirate Warriors series, we decided to come back to another kind of game and create the best Action/Adventure RPG game possible for all ONE PIECE fans, thanks to Ganbarion and their tremendous knowledge; we are sure to top all our previous games’ and offer a fun experience within the ONE PIECE universe! Speaking of fun; we are bringing this new game to 4 different platforms: PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U!” said Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of IP Strategy, Marketing & PR at BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe. “Creating this exciting Collector’s Edition based on Chopper has been quite a challenge for our Marketing teams, we are really happy with its diversity and is unique genre!”

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is scheduled for PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Nintendo 3DS™ and Wii U™ on June 27, 2014. For the latest news and updates, join us on www.OnePiece-Game.com. For the latest videos, check bngames.eu/OPunlimitedworldredvideos. For more information about BANDAI NAMCO Games’ entire line up, go to www.BandaiNamcoGames.eu.
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.uk/news/2014/04/22/bandai-namco-games-europe-announces-one-piece-unlimited-world-red-s-chopper-edition-straw-hat-edition/4208
This terrific Anniversary Pack won’t be sold later!

Pre-ordering the game has also its high rewards:

INSERT YOUR PREORDER OFFER
Namco Bandai offering as whatever we want as a preorder offer...
/s

Cool. Wonder what the price is and where to buy.

I've always wanted to play a One Piece game. Where in the story does this game follow? I'm not fully caught up in the series

You didn't read a single post in this thread I assume, for the answer is everywhere.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
do we know specific wiiu features?
offtv, gamepad map, second screen multiplayer?
no interest in the limited, but I could be interested in the game

I think ANN got the date wrong. That's the Japanese release date. There's no release date for the US apart from "July 2014" according to Namco's own site. None of ANN's own sources seem to have anything suggesting it'd release in the US on 6/12 either.
ANN definitely got it wrong.
surprise

Boooo, the lack of dubs in One Piece games is really disheartening. Especially since the Funimation cast has been doing an amazing job.

Funi is waaaaay too behind. They just got the rights to Thriller Bark.

Agreed. I was hoping the North American version would include an English dub, considering it's coming to retail for 3 different platforms (PS3/3DS being available to all retailers). It gives the games a bigger audience. Add to the fact some people who only catch the show on Toonami (or know about it) could see this game on the shelves only to be turned off with the lack of the dub they are most familiar with when they play. Unlimited Adventure can't satisfy my crave for dub OP games for very long.

But I'm still excited for this title, so I'll be picking it up day one, since it's OP and a summer game. I've picked up every game released so far in the US since Funimation picked up the OP license. I've been rooting for dual-audio ever since Pirate Warriors, but the chances of that happening keep getting slimmer.

CamHostage

No idea, I had thought it was announced and planned only for 3DS. Surprised to see it announced for more, especially Wii U, although I guess the more platforms it's on the better... (for licensed games like this at least)

I scanned the thread and I didn't see that anybody answered this, sorry if this is old but Bandai Namco announced the other three platforms in I think beginning of April. Comes out June 12 in Japan.

Developer Ganbarion lists itself on all versions.

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/opuw/

Damn I new those graphics in the trailer looked too good to be 3DS =(

Well, you can see for yourself from the original 3DS trailers (before there were any announced plans to port) what the game looks like on that system specifically. None too shabby, I thought like you did that the 3DS version must be some second-hand version with no relation to what we've seen (it's so sad how we've been trained to underestimate this machine!!), but it looks like it really is more or less the same game across all the systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU4cRyhLYKY

I've got the Japanese version of this game, and it's not too bad. If you dig the Unlimited games then you'll like it. It's easily one of the best looking games on the 3ds too.

Any chance you can elaborate on that? I saw the trailer and I was very, very enthused by it (and I'm not a One-Piece fan... to be honest, I just love any game with a grappling-hook mechanic and that's what sold me on this game.) Great graphics and some complex mechanics, from what I saw in the trailer. How's it play?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The earliest non bullshot video of the game had it amongst the three best looking 3DS games. The other ports remind me a lot of the RE:R ports where sure, they look better than the original, but not terribly much.

gosh i was about to sell my ps3 to get a ps4.

why does this game have to come out?

does anyone know if the footage they've been showing is of the ps3? it looks too good.

Shun

Does anyone have a good idea of how big Unlimited World Red is for the Wii U/PS3?

I think the 3DS version is close to 3-4gb? I just wanted to know so I can manage whatever 22GB I have left on my Wii U.

chrono01

I'm still not sure on which platform I'll be purchasing the game on.

I'd like to purchase it for the 3DS since it was the lead platform, and I've heard that it's optimized extremely well and looks great.

I'd like to purchase it for the Vita since...well...it's limited. A physical copy of the Vita version in a year or so will likely be incredibly difficult to find, especially considering that it's an Gamestop/EBGames exclusive in NA.

I'd like to purchase it for the PS3 so I can enjoy it on my HDTV, along with 5.1 surround sound.

At this rate, I'll probably be purchasing the game three times. ~_~

I'm still not sure on which platform I'll be purchasing the game on.

I'd like to purchase it for the 3DS since it was the lead platform, and I've heard that it's optimized extremely well and looks great.

I'd like to purchase it for the Vita since...well...it's limited. A physical copy of the Vita version in a year or so will likely be incredibly difficult to find, especially considering that it's an Gamestop/EBGames exclusive in NA.

I'd like to purchase it for the PS3 so I can enjoy it on my HDTV, along with 5.1 surround sound.

At this rate, I'll probably be purchasing the game three times. ~_~

What's your favorite platform of the three? Buy it on that one. No need to overspend unless you want to.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
With the Vita version you'll probably get the best of both worlds means the HD upgraded graphics as well as the portability.

Will get it on Vita as long as they don't screw up the port.

chrono01

What's your favorite platform of the three? Buy it on that one. No need to overspend unless you want to.
Funny thing is, I don't really have a favorite.

I enjoy the PS3 since, as I've mentioned, I can enjoy it on the big screen with a comfortable controller in my hand. However, for the 3DS/Vita versions, it's nice having that freedom of portability so I can play it while I'm away. :/

But yeah, you're right. Buying the copy three times, especially two on the handheld, seems a bit unwarranted. I guess I'll come to a decision soon enough, but I'll still likely purchase the PS3 version along with one of the portable versions [either the 3DS or Vita].

With the Vita version you'll probably get the best of both worlds means the HD upgraded graphics as well as the portability.

Will get it on Vita as long as they don't screw up the port.
Yeah, hopefully the Vita port is as good [or better] than the 3DS one. If it is, that makes my choice a whole lot easier. I guess we'll know for sure when the PS3/Vita/Wii U versions are released in Japan this June.

Eusis

Did those motherfuckers actually put nakama in a press release!?

... Otherwise I'm glad to see this stuff brought out, although I feel like I'd want to get through One Piece to really care (and pick out whatever games are actually worthwhile.)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

... Otherwise I'm glad to see this stuff brought out, although I feel like I'd want to get through One Piece to really care (and pick out whatever games are actually worthwhile.)

Dat Kaizoku-Fansubs influence.

I noticed GameStop seems to have the Day One version exclusive for all versions, even though Amazon has Day One for the PS3.

No Wii U Day One is saddening.

Boooo, the lack of dubs in One Piece games is really disheartening. Especially since the Funimation cast has been doing an amazing job.

Funi is waaaaay too behind. They just got the rights to Thriller Bark.

The good thing about that is they still have a lot of content to market.

El Sabroso

Dat Kaizoku-Fansubs influence.

I noticed GameStop seems to have the Day One version exclusive for all versions, even though Amazon has Day One for the PS3.

No Wii U Day One is saddening.

No Wii U Day1 might be because is only digital for that platform

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Oh shit, I just noticed that they put that word in the press release.
Damn you Kaizoku Fansubs! Your lies still harm the franchise to this day!

Just an update for the Australian release. All copies will be the 'straw hat edition'. The Wii U version will not be released here at retail. Not sure about the eShop.

200590_detail.jpg

“Straw Hat Edition”:

- One Piece Unlimited World Red full game
- Exclusive Costumes: 10 outfits - Luffy Strong World Outfit & the Anniversary Pack with 9 outfits commemorating Japan's 15th anniversary of the One Piece animated series.
- A unique quest where the 2 brothers are re-united: “Flame Fist & Straw Hat”

Also EB has a keyring as a pre-order bonus.

202502_packshot_l.jpg

Top Bottom