• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Creator's Mob Psycho 100 Getting Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shogakukan's web comic magazine Ura Sunday announced on Wednesday that a television anime adaptation of ONE's Mob Psycho 100 manga has been green-lit. The anime will air next year, and the studio BONES (Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, Blood Blockade Battlefront) is producing.

The story revolves around "Mob," a boy who will explode if his emotional capacity reaches 100%. This boy with psychic powers earned his nickname "Mob" because he does not stand out among other people. He keeps his psychic powers bottled up so he can live normally, but if his emotional level reaches 100, something will overwhelm his entire body.

The manga creator ONE launched the Mob Psycho 100 series on Ura Sunday in 2012 and later in Shogakukan's MangaOne app in 2014. Shogakukan will publish the 11th compiled book volume of the manga on Friday.

Another manga by ONE, One-Punch Man, inspired the ongoing television anime.

Ura Sunday lets readers vote earlier this year for which of its manga should get an anime adaptation, and Mob Psycho 100 was among those titles that received the most votes.

Madhouse and Bones. ONE must be thrilled.

BigAT

0.jpg

I know what those words mean, but that title makes no sense.

Mob Psycho 100 is pretty great. If you like One-punch Man, I'd highly recommend it as ONE puts more effort into it than OPM, which he mainly did as a hobby. The premise has some similarities as OPM since they both star incredibly overpowered characters, but Mob has less control over his powers and tries to live a normal life. For those wondering about his nickname, "Mob" in Japanese is kind of used in a similar way as "John Doe" in that it describes a generic individual.

Murata also also drew a sketch of his take on MP100's characters

Mob Psycho 100 is pretty great. If you like One-punch Man, I'd highly recommend it as ONE puts more effort into it than OPM, which he mainly did as a hobby. The premise has some similarities as OPM since they both star incredibly overpowered characters, but Mob has less control over his powers and tries to live a normal life. For those wondering about his nickname, "Mob" in Japanese is kind of used in a similar way as "John Doe" in that it describes a generic individual.

Of course Murata made her attractive, lol

Ah, sorry. Someone lock this!

Maedhros

Holy shit!

Murata really makes everything he touches look better!

But One's artstyle in this is not really bad, really. In fact, I hope they can use it on the actual anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom