• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Manga | OT | Just a Deus Ex Machina for Fun [SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

theWB27

That was a really good episode. The conversation between Saitama and King was not one that happened in the original webcomic and neither was Saitama's depression this apparent. Hearing King's reasoning on stuff was pretty cool as well as even though its a bit bull shitty considering who is saying it it does strike true even if it doesn't quite get through to Saitama.

That and of course Garou getting his ass handed to him by Watchdog Man was great and of course the casual take down by Saitama.

I wonder if they'll use this scene and enhance that fight we're waiting on. Maybe give saitama some hope.

I wish this thread were more lively.

Nightbird

01gnQHJ.png

Who's a good boy?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wonder if they'll use this scene and enhance that fight we're waiting on. Maybe give saitama some hope.

I wish this thread were more lively.

Yeah it's turning into a bit of a running gag at this point. I'm not sure how things will work considering going into the Monster Association arc as things are all different but I like that Murata is expanding on a lot of the stuff the webcomic kind of glosses over or even ignores.

You'd need more regular updates. Ain't nothin you can do

To be fair Murata has been pumping out chapters lately.

Who's a good boy?

I laughed as Garou started in on his elaborately named attack and Watchdog Man kept shaking his hands like a regular dog would and infuriating Garou in the process. He even calls him a furry haha

Just read 79. Darkshine seems like a cool guy, it's just a shame that a black hero has to have the words "dark" and "shine" (which is a slur for black people, although there's zero chance that ONE knew this when naming him) in his name.

Also, I get a real feeling that Orochi is just a puppet being controlled by the eyeball guy. He seems to be doing all the real work while Orochi just sits back and looks intimidating. (Note: If I'm right, please don't tell me.)

Even worse,
he's not even black

This is one of those difficult moments where I want to ask how that's even remotely possible, and yet I'm really afraid of the answer.

It's going to be something awful like: Just as Watchdog Man became part dog, so too did Darkshine become part black.

And then we all go "Oh, Japan..."

HStallion

Seems ONE has a herniated disc in his back which would explain the issues we've had the last few months. I get flash backs to Togashi and his back problems and what happened but it sounds like ONE's condition isn't nearly as debilitating as that.

Hypron

Yeah, I love the team-work on the heroes' part. They really work as a team and use each other's abilities in tandem, rather than just going at Garou 1 by 1. The art is godlike as always. I'm really excited for next chapter.

Hypron

Murata is on a roll because goddamn that last chapter...

Waiting for the translation now. My Japanese is still pretty shit and I read the chapter without a dictionary on hand...

HStallion

Murata is on a roll because goddamn that last chapter...

Waiting for the translation now. My Japanese is still pretty shit and I read the chapter without a dictionary on hand...

Yeah that was a pretty bad ass chapter. Seeing Garou owning everyone was great but not unexpected but when he deflected all of Death Gattling's bullets with his bare hands was pretty damn bad ass.

Van

So I have a stupid question, but did this stop with season 1 or is it still going on, if so can I have a link on where I can buy these?:)

Hypron

So I have a stupid question, but did this stop with season 1 or is it still going on, if so can I have a link on where I can buy these?:)

A second season of the anime is on the way. The manga is available for purchase on Amazon (and probably at any store that sells manga since it's quite popular). The end of the anime takes place in Volume 7, so Volume 8 onward is all new stuff.

HStallion

Season 1 just ended on a good point in the story. There is a season 2 but its also going to be done by a different studio and crew entirely so who know's it if comes anywhere close to the quality of season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom