• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Manga | OT | Just a Deus Ex Machina for Fun [SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

The manga has been dragging seriously hard for the past year or so. I wonder if they plan to have the manga overtake the webcomic eventually, because the webcomic hasn't had a new chapter in like 5 months.

The manga has been dragging seriously hard for the past year or so. I wonder if they plan to have the manga overtake the webcomic eventually, because the webcomic hasn't had a new chapter in like 5 months.

Season 2 is coming so Murata has been working extra hard these past few months.

Moaradin

Season 2 is coming so Murata has been working extra hard these past few months.

Yeah I know, but I'm worried that season 2 won't even finish the Garou arc. It would be a major step down from season 1 if that's the case. I really hope Murata gets back on track with the Monster Association stuff soon because I really want the anime to finish it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah I know, but I'm worried that season 2 won't even finish the Garou arc. It would be a major step down from season 1 if that's the case. I really hope Murata gets back on track with the Monster Association stuff soon because I really want the anime to finish it.

Unless the next arc is like 25 to 26 episodes and jumps well past the manga I don't foresee this happening.

theWB27

Not gonna lie...I dug this new chapter. Suiryu gets that same look Saitama gets when he's a little serious. Is Suiryu not human? It seems like he isn't with the humans line.

HStallion

I am liking this turn of events as there was never really a character like Soryu in the web comic. All the people Saitama fight are usually villain stereotypes or have some crazy drive or reasoning behind their actions. That said this fight could also be considered a hint of what is to come though I won't say anymore. I do hope this doesn't undercut some similar future events.

Demoli

I am liking this turn of events as there was never really a character like Soryu in the web comic. All the people Saitama fight are usually villain stereotypes or have some crazy drive or reasoning behind their actions. That said this fight could also be considered a hint of what is to come though I won't say anymore. I do hope this doesn't undercut some similar future events.

I am 100% convinced that Soryu is that guy that the Hero Assosssiation wants to recruit post monster assossiation arc.

Hypron

1484449163-saitama.png
Saitama looking terrifying again.

I'm really enjoying this fight, although I do wonder what's going to happen now that Suiryu has seen what Saitama can do with a half-assed punch.

Ushay

How is Saitama so damn powerful? P.S. Was kind of half expecting this new guy to be his counterpart. Turned out to be a bluff after all.

There's no way this guy was going to be anywhere close to our boy. He might surprise him with the void fist stuff, and he's a monster like Garou, but he's still one punch away from getting ruined.

Aikidoka

Is this because ONE is helping write all the extra content?

kurahador

Garou is still on his way to the tournament right? I think Saitama will be disqualified due to the wig thing, leave, Garou finally arrive, wreck everyone and beat the shit out of Suiryu.

Garou is still on his way to the tournament right? I think Saitama will be disqualified due to the wig thing, leave, Garou finally arrive, wreck everyone and beat the shit out of Suiryu.

Garou was last seen charging at Watchdog Man.

It's a Mysterious Being that's heading towards the Tournament now.

HStallion

Garou is most likely getting his ass handed to him by Watchdog Man and there is a Dragon level monster heading to the tournament that trashed Genos.

That said this fight is pretty awesome.

Qvoth

this suiryu guy doesn't even exist on the webcomic, how any of you can expect anything out of him is just
wtzgU.gif

HStallion

this suiryu guy doesn't even exist on the webcomic, how any of you can expect anything out of him is just
wtzgU.gif

You could also say that about the characters in the webcomic as well. Its not like any of them really have a chance against Saitama either. Like most Saitama fights its about the action itself and not who is going to win. Can't say I was let down in this chapter either as it was incredibly well done

theWB27

For all the ish Suiryu was throwing at Saitama...it only took a half hearted punch to put dude in his place for a moment.

With that said...I think Suiryu is hiding some power most aren't expecting. I don't think Saitama told him if he got any stronger it wouldn't be fun anymore for nothing.

I'm thinking Garou would need a few transformations to approach Suiryu.

HStallion

I'm guessing this match with Saitama goes another chapter or two before the monster shows up and that's if it doesn't cut back to the other S Class or Garou. My hope is that Saitama sits out most of the actual fight with the new Dragon Class and lets the other martial artists take it on.

Would be interesting to see someone like Suiryu taking on such a powerful monster when he shits on the heroes so much.

theWB27

I'm guessing this match with Saitama goes another chapter or two before the monster shows up and that's if it doesn't cut back to the other S Class or Garou. My hope is that Saitama sits out most of the actual fight with the new Dragon Class and lets the other martial artists take it on.

Would be interesting to see someone like Suiryu taking on such a powerful monster when he shits on the heroes so much.

Suiryu is gonna one kick the monster in order to continue the "fight" with Saitama. By the time the monster gets there he's gonna be hype.

HStallion

Suiryu is gonna one kick the monster in order to continue the "fight" with Saitama. By the time the monster gets there he's gonna be hype.

We haven't seen much of the monster but it did appear to be wearing a Gi after it smashed Genos so I'm betting its some kind of martial artist itself even if its a monster now. I'm guessing it might be a contrast to Suiryu who is powerful but still human but also an asshole. Maybe sees what could happen if he keeps on his ways type of thing.

theWB27

We haven't seen much of the monster but it did appear to be wearing a Gi after it smashed Genos so I'm betting its some kind of martial artist itself even if its a monster now. I'm guessing it might be a contrast to Suiryu who is powerful but still human but also an asshole. Maybe sees what could happen if he keeps on his ways type of thing.

I can see that. I need to go back and reread...idk why I don't remember much about the monster.

turmoil

Banned
I must be the only pleb that enjoys Murata's filler lol. I really liked the added content of the S heroes, the designs of the tournament are superb (the goddamn announcer lol) and the humor is on point. The problem is the pacing but with the coming of the anime we will be getting chapters more often than not hopefully.

Can't wait to see
hobo jesus
drawn by Murata.

kewlmyc

Seems like this current fight is where the 2nd anime is most likely going to finish. One Punch Man vs One Kick Man.

HStallion

Seems like this current fight is where the 2nd anime is most likely going to finish. One Punch Man vs One Kick Man.

I actually think it will end with the coming Dragon Class monster fight and then cliff hanger to the actual Monster Association arc

theWB27

I actually think it will end with the coming Dragon Class monster fight and then cliff hanger to the actual Monster Association arc

Damn...Suiryu and a monster fight to end the season. I've watched season one over 10 times. Can see me watching season 2 even more if this were true.

Aikidoka

I think that would be disappointing. If they just have a season of the like 5 chapter "King Arc" and then all filler, wouldn't people care less about season 3?
Everything is moving so slowly, though.

HStallion

I think that would be disappointing. If they just have a season of the like 5 chapter "King Arc" and then all filler, wouldn't people care less about season 3?
Everything is moving so slowly, though.

Unless season 2 is 26 episodes and covers well beyond what Murata's version has then that's the only way I can see them getting anything of the MA arc in there. We haven't even met any of the notable members of the MA outside of the Monster King and Psykos. Which sucks as the best monster
Black Sperm
hasn't even been seen yet

HStallion

Where do you think Boros would rank in the DBZ world?

Well we never see it because Saitama stops him but that trump card attack of his was supposed to be able to wipe out a planet. Whether that is just scorch the surface to glass or blow it up like the Death Star we will never know. I'd actually say he's fairly low in DBZ tier considering guys like Freeza blow up planets without breaking a sweat.

Aikidoka

Unless season 2 is 26 episodes and covers well beyond what Murata's version has then that's the only way I can see them getting anything of the MA arc in there. We haven't even met any of the notable members of the MA outside of the Monster King and Psykos. Which sucks as the best monster
Black Sperm
hasn't even been seen yet

I know, but is season 2 confirmed for this year? I was just wondering if having an incomplete arc season this year is better than just having a 26 season in 2018.

Has the success of the anime had any effect on increasing the priority of the manga? I feel like there hasn't been much progress since September.

HStallion

I know, but is season 2 confirmed for this year? I was just wondering if having an incomplete arc season this year is better than just having a 26 season in 2018.

Has the success of the anime had any effect on increasing the priority of the manga? I feel like there hasn't been much progress since September.

Well there have been several lengthy chapters released but they've advanced the current arc which is basically a much larger more elaborate set up compared the webcomic version which basically jumped right into the MA arc.

zeemumu

Well we never see it because Saitama stops him but that trump card attack of his was supposed to be able to wipe out a planet. Whether that is just scorch the surface to glass or blow it up like the Death Star we will never know. I'd actually say he's fairly low in DBZ tier considering guys like Freeza blow up planets without breaking a sweat.

Yeah he'd be between Saiyan and Freeza Saga because that Meteoric Burst is stronger than what we see a lot of people in that Era do.

That was a great chapter. I'm hoping for a double fake out and he actually is on Saitama level

HStallion

Well looks like I was on the money about a lot of my predictions for how this tournament arc would turn out. Seems the MA is trying to turn powerful and fucked up humans into even more powerful and fucked up monsters. I'm guessing Saitama stands back and lets the other martial artists duke it out with Gouketsu

Finally got around to One Punch Man. I've been wary of manga for years, only recently got into it through Junji Ito, Parasyte, Blame, Biomega, and Berserk. This is the first non-horror/sci-fi action/dark fantasy manga I've read, and it's pretty great so far. The art is sublime, and I'm surprised by how well the humor lands. Currently on Volume 3

This was what actually sold me on the manga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVavV5F_1XU
http://kotaku.com/one-punch-man-shows-why-manga-will-always-matter-1739993533

I love comic action that imparts a sense of motion and energy through panel design and aesthetic and whatnot. Deadly Class and Copra are really great at that. So seeing how One Punch Man does it was very impressive

Can someone explain the whole ONE situation?

Does he not show his/her face?

Is it uncommon in manga to have another artist re-draw your art?

Do they actually work together and coordinate?

With the success of the anime, is ONE paid?

Can someone explain the whole ONE situation?

Does he not show his/her face?

Is it uncommon in manga to have another artist re-draw your art?

Do they actually work together and coordinate?

With the success of the anime, is ONE paid?

ONE is a webcomic artist, so I don't think the ONE opm is published in a magazine (Mob Psycho gets tankobons though)

Its not uncommon for a mangaka/artist to not show their face publicy.

Its more common for one person to do the story and one the art, but I don't think its super out there for a webcomic.

They do coordinate or at least talk.

He probably gets paid some?

theWB27

One does the story on both and i think murata may have a little input but leaves it up to one. There's a big interview with murata on reddits one punch page.

HStallion

One does the story on both and i think murata may have a little input but leaves it up to one. There's a big interview with murata on reddits one punch page.

That Murata interview was pretty interesting in how he wanted to keep going focusing on drawing the series in a more expressive and artistic manner like the Metal Knight entrance being almost a flip book style set of drawings of just him flying in and landing but he got a lot of blowback from people about how he wasn't progressing the plot or taking too long to draw "nothing". He even goes into how he wanted to do so much more with the Boros fight but never got the chance to because of the feedback from people and the fact he was sleeping like 3 hours a night and working 20 hours a day.

HStallion

Seems we may be taking a hiatus of sorts as ONE has taken a break. No clue if its a short term thing or a longer one. I guess the word is that he might be getting a bit overworked doing both Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom