• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

ZeroWil

yeah prep time batman is the safest bet.

doesn't he already have contingency plans for the justice league in place?

Yes, there's the JLA: Tower of Babel comic storyline which was fantastic, and the Justice League: Doom animated film which was also pretty solid.

As for my choice: Batman first, Flash second.

Only issue with only 2 days prep time is that batman has to deal with 4 unknown superheroes. 2 days ain't worth shit to find out spidey and iron man are scientific geniuses, Wolverine can't effectively die, and cap signed on for more movies.

I can't think he makes a proper plan for them.

That's what Alfred is for

Steel

Banned
Green lantern is probably the best at protecting, could just form a shield around you. But he'd lose. Flash would be able to get you out of danger and keep you out, but you'd die from the acceleration or the sheer speed of the wind hitting you.

Superman is by far the most OP and has the best chance of actually winning against the others. So Superman.

TyrantII

The second supes hears Lois drop a plate he's gone. The rest are mortal in a traditional sense, so WW got your back.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Where's BronsonLee

JjT2rNN.jpg

CHOOSE WISELY

br3wnor

I thought Batman was ridiculous but more I think about his prep more I think he'll have every contingency laid out to deal w/ everyone.

Still think Flash has best escape route w/ the time travel/parellel universe stuff but I'd rather stay in my current life and Batman would probably have best way to permanently neutralize the threats. (Couldn't the speed travel also kill me? Don't know enough about Flash to say one way or other)

I really need DC Unlimited to happen so I can delve more into Batman. Have read some of the classics like Long Halloween, Year One, Dark Night Returns, Death in the Family but there's so much more I need to get into.

Furyous

Anyone that uses anyone as protector other than Batman deserves to have their comic nerd status revoked. Don't underestimate prep time Moses showing you the way of surpassing your enemies with enough time to plan ahead.

Batman with sufficient prep time beats everyone of these guys easily. Batman is proactive and cunning as shit. You think you've won and all of a sudden you get beat. Spider-Man would be the easiest because Batman has too many ways to deal with him. This is the normal Batman we're talking about
not Dark Knight Returns Frank Millar Batman...
That version of Batman would make this protection 100 times better.

As a closet Superman hater, he's the worst protector ever as it's too many ways to dispatch him.

kmfdmpig

I'd probably go Flash > Green Lantern > Superman

Flash could bring me to a different time, which would prevent most from getting to me.
Green Lantern could bring me to Mogu, which would keep me safe from most.
Superman could stash me in the fortress of solitude, which would keep me safe from most of them.

Copenap

Green lantern is probably the best at protecting, could just form a shield around you. But he'd lose. Flash would be able to get you out of danger and keep you out, but you'd die from the acceleration or the sheer speed of the wind hitting you.

Superman is by far the most OP and has the best chance of actually winning against the others. So Superman.
I'm not a comic book expert but pretty sure that's bs as Flash has carried people at top speed several times.

Razorback

Power level is irrelevant here. What matters is what makes an interesting story.

A comic book about Robin protecting a human from 9 gods and demi-gods and losing is piss-poor storytelling.

I'm going with Robin and I'm counting on story conventions and tropes to save my life.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Could flash just change timelines so they aren't trying to kill me?

See, here's the thing...can Flash actually take other, normal people into the speed-force?

Wouldn't it just immediately reduce a non-superpowered person with no relationship to the speed-force into a withered husk of a corpse in two seconds flat?

Iorv3th

See, here's the thing...can Flash actually take other, normal people into the speed-force?

Wouldn't it just immediately reduce a non-superpowered person with no relationship to the speed-force into a withered husk of a corpse in two seconds flat?

In flashpoint doesn't he take batman to a different timeline to meet his father?

I think he needs that treadmill to do it but yeah he can.

It's either Flash, Supes or Wonder Woman.
They would all dispose of Iron Man, Cap, Spidey, Robin, GL, Wolvie and Iron Man fairly easily.
The wild card is how each of them would do against prep time Batman.

If Batman actually wanted to kill someone but knew he'd have to face a meta-human, he'd do it in a subtle but nasty way, like with poison or a virus. And I don't know what anybody could do about that.

I guess I'll go with Grant Morrison's Superman, he'll just resurrect me with the miracle machine in his head or he'll sing the song of reality at the end of the universe while stabbing a story vampire or some shit.

I know very little about each of these comics, only the most basic of each.

I would choose Superman. He's the only one to my knowledge who can even come close to countering Flash. Or can I get Green Lanterns ring for myself? I'm sure I conjure up some ridiculous Superhero-beating machine.

Though if the others are teaming up, I'd might as well choose the weakest so I could be taken out quickly.

XenoRaven

Question: How hard is it to get into the fortress of solitude?

Second question: Does Tony have any highly advanced underground bunkers that are nigh impregnable?

Xero

Question: How hard is it to get into the fortress of solitude?

Second question: Does Tony have any highly advanced underground bunkers that are nigh impregnable?
The fortress is generally locked by an extremely heavy key sitting on the doorstep, though he doesn have robots guarding it too.

Batman if its comics full powered versions of all of them.

Flash otherwise I guess.

Supes aint protecting shit with kryptonite/magic as an option, and even then he's not infalliable in other situations either.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Batman would be the best at hiding someone and also at tracking someone down.

So by choosing him, you get someone who can hide you for a long period of time, and also take away the enemy team's best means of finding you.

Top Bottom