• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

I got a letter from match last week saying they banned my account, no refunds no exchanges no debates you lose, but it still works lol. Idk what happened, I guess they figured why ban someone when he's printing money but still kind of weird they would send that confirmation and never do it

Jhoan

Further confirmation that my out of town online dating efforts were for nothing: the LA transplant who moved to Chicago mentioned being "busy" with her studies and not having any time to meet up. I've had my fun being out on my own any way so it's no surprise that that women here are flaky/looking for pen pals.

It's a shame because Chicago has no shortage of attractive college girls. I set up a date for next Monday and need to see if I'm still on with another person for this Friday. If anything, I want to do more solitary trips so I will save up money for another adventure.

JDHarbs

Worked up the courage to ask out the girl I was chatting with on OKC. We've started replying more frequently so I figured now was the time. Just waiting for a reply now. *crossing fingers*

Edit: She said yes! 😁

Jhoan

I realized that a short thick girl with really nice legs that I was eyeing at my hostel for the previous two days I had seen her was really cool. Unfortunately I made the mistake of talking to her yesterday, the day I checked out and had to fly back home as she was staying until Saturday. She got some Mexican dude's WhatsApp and they made plans to go explore the city together. Oh well, live and learn for next time when I stay at a hostel.

I'm in need some quick advice. One of the other 2 girls who's number I got from CMB already made plans for this Friday and would be down to meet next week. Since I already have a date set for Monday, my question is do I do back to back dates and set it for Tuesday or keep it to next Friday? She did say that she's penciled me in for next Friday with a smiley face so that's telling.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Worked up the courage to ask out the girl I was chatting with on OKC. We've started replying more frequently so I figured now was the time. Just waiting for a reply now. *crossing fingers*

Edit: She said yes! 😁

Congrats!

I realized that a short thick girl with really nice legs that I was eyeing at my hostel for the previous two days I had seen her was really cool. Unfortunately I made the mistake of talking to her yesterday, the day I checked out and had to fly back home as she was staying until Saturday. She got some Mexican dude's WhatsApp and they made plans to go explore the city together. Oh well, live and learn for next time when I stay at a hostel.

I'm in need some quick advice. One of the other 2 girls who's number I got from CMB already made plans for this Friday and would be down to meet next week. Since I already have a date set for Monday, my question is do I do back to back dates and set it for Tuesday or keep it to next Friday? She did say that she's penciled me in for next Friday with a smiley face so that's telling.

I would normally advise the sooner the better, I even prefer clumping dates together to be back to back. But if she said you're penciled in for next Friday then keep it as next Friday.

Jhoan

I would normally advise the sooner the better, I even prefer clumping dates together to be back to back. But if she said you're penciled in for next Friday then keep it as next Friday.
Her exact quote is "Tuesday I think I should get done around 6. But I could do later in the week as well, I did have you penciled for Friday :)" I get exhausted by back to back dates but yeah you're right about that. I'll leave it to the flip of a coin because while I would prefer meeting on Friday (due to wanting to watch The Flash and iZombie), I don't mind doing Tuesday because I would be downtown already and save money on spending train fare. There's a part of me that wants to meet with her sooner. The other girl reminds me of the Mexican girl I slept with in appearance.

The good news I took a bunch of solid pictures in Chicago including at the Sears Tower's Skydeck. You gotta get in on that NYC GAF Discord chat son.

ameratsu

I just had a girl i was talking to on bumble pull out the "i don't give out my number until we've met". Last time this happened and I went through with it, the girl was absolutely clueless about dating and neither of us had a good time. Thoughts?

I just had a girl i was talking to on bumble pull out the "i don't give out my number until we've met". Last time this happened and I went through with it, the girl was absolutely clueless about dating and neither of us had a good time. Thoughts?

it's not that uncommon, just meet her and decide from there dude. i've met some girls who won't give out their number after the first date yet want to go on a second one, that's where i ditch the cause.

manfestival

So in the real dating realm I seem to only attract fat girls. I am considering the online dating realm. Every time I seem to get something that seems nice or up the alley of my attraction I also tend to blow it. Which believe me, that is rare in itself. What Do? I do feel like I am at least somewhat attractive. There is this uglier fatter dude dating one of the nicest looking girls in my office and she's super cool... crazy but cool. I gotta know the secret recipe. It's been 9 year since I was last in a relationship btw...

Jhoan

I met a girl who did this on OKC. The date went well and lead to three dates and sleeping with her before it ended. I like the idea because it saves time on deciding if one likes the person enough to see them again on the spot. It's fine as an alternate approach to exchanging numbers and deleting it if it doesn't lead to a second date or keeping it if it does.
So in the real dating realm I seem to only attract fat girls. I am considering the online dating realm. Every time I seem to get something that seems nice or up the alley of my attraction I also tend to blow it. Which believe me, that is rare in itself. What Do? I do feel like I am at least somewhat attractive. There is this uglier fatter dude dating one of the nicest looking girls in my office and she's super cool... crazy but cool. I gotta know the secret recipe. It's been 9 year since I was last in a relationship btw...
Something is better than nothing. I like chubby women with some fat on them. The dude is probably just very confident and doesn't care. You can be fat and still get dates if you believe in yourself. One of my old friends from high school did and has twins with a decent looking girl who takes care of herself.

With online dating, one has more options and can filter out by appearance types. Not attracted to short and chubby girls? No problem. This also applies to women as well. My suggestion would be to not be so picky. I'm not saying you should date fat women for the sake of it but don't limit your options to thin types to boost your confidence. The women I've with have been thick in some capacity but not obese.

Date has been set for next Friday night. It's not common for me to have a date on a weekend but she was willing to make time for so that's cool. Two dates spread across a few days is fine. I might jump back into Bumble as well. I deleted it earlier since my location was still set to Chicago.

manfestival

With online dating, one has more options and can filter out by appearance types. Not attracted to short and chubby girls? No problem. This also applies to women as well. My suggestion would be to not be so picky. I'm not saying you should date fat women for the sake of it but don't limit your options to thin types to boost your confidence. The women I've with have been thick in some capacity but not obese.
Not be so picky? You are killing me dude. I am not picky at all... just dont want chicks that have bellies that expand beyond their breast line. Pretty sure that is a pretty low standard if anything. Chubby and fat are 2 different things. Though I tend to surround myself with a bunch of good looking women considering my main hobby. Who knows maybe the ones I would prefer think of me as out of reach with my reputation but whatever it is all speculation..
I have never done online dating seriously so I am gonna consider it for the first time. I popped up bumble but didnt do anything in it and I never tried tinder. How is match or other sources for finding someone? It seems like it is all different trends when it comes to online dating.

Not be so picky? You are killing me dude. I am not picky at all... just dont want chicks that have bellies that expand beyond their breast line. Pretty sure that is a pretty low standard if anything. Chubby and fat are 2 different things. Though I tend to surround myself with a bunch of good looking women considering my main hobby. Who knows maybe the ones I would prefer think of me as out of reach with my reputation but whatever it is all speculation..
I have never done online dating seriously so I am gonna consider it for the first time. I popped up bumble but didnt do anything in it and I never tried tinder. How is match or other sources for finding someone? It seems like it is all different trends when it comes to online dating.
Don't use any pay dating sites until you've used the free ones for at least a year even then it's likely not worth it, they aren't naturally any better

Jhoan

No worries! Just saying.

I agree with SonicXtreme. Don't pay for any online dating service in the beginning. Unless you're a shorter guy and/or live in a small city, you should have no problems getting dates. Online dating is all a numbers game and women can be fickle as sin. Tinder is the most popular dating app; all the other dating apps have aped Tinder in some capacity e.g. OkCupid (sister app to Tinder/Match) and Bumble. It all depends on what you are looking for. All the online dating services encompass people looking for different things contrary to their reputation e.g. Tinder.

So CMB got a new update that allows users to send cute anthropomorphic bagel GIFs and add pics in. In addition to it, there's stats on when users were last online and if the message was read locked behind a paywall. It's cool however, being able to attach pictures opens the doors for dick pics/attention whores looking for ego strokes. Still no push notifications though. :(

Shanlei91

Her exact quote is "Tuesday I think I should get done around 6. But I could do later in the week as well, I did have you penciled for Friday :)" I get exhausted by back to back dates but yeah you're right about that. I'll leave it to the flip of a coin because while I would prefer meeting on Friday (due to wanting to watch The Flash and iZombie), I don't mind doing Tuesday because I would be downtown already and save money on spending train fare. There's a part of me that wants to meet with her sooner. The other girl reminds me of the Mexican girl I slept with in appearance.

The good news I took a bunch of solid pictures in Chicago including at the Sears Tower's Skydeck. You gotta get in on that NYC GAF Discord chat son.

I'm having trouble maintaining multiple convos across these dating apps as is, I can't be joining another chatting app! :p

I don't delete contacts from my phone so when I first encountered this I thought it was weird. So I asked women on dates about it and three of them gave the same reason - they had ignored someone after a bad first date and then they got bombarded with texts / harassed. So it makes sense to keep convos on the app and treat one's phone number as sacred. The real shady business to me are the women who want to switch to kik or give out google numbers. So I wouldn't think much of it unless they're still reluctant while planning a second date.

The issue with meeting people offline is that there are so many variables as to why two people could start dating. I know a few couples where they look oddly matched up but came together because of location, jobs, serendipitous incidents, etc. Give OkCupid a shot, definitely don't put down money for any service off the bat. I only recommend doing that if you've have at least mild success on any service and are looking for anything in particular. (i.e. join Match.com for a wife, OkCupid's premium service to sort by question and body type, buy a Tinder boost if you want to meet someone ASAP).

tinder is actually one that's worth the money honestly, solely because super likes are sooooo much more likely to bring in action over regular swipes, although they used to refresh every 12 hours, and they changed it to 24 hours at the beginning of the year which is BS but is still worth the money if you're thirsty.

Jhoan

I'm having trouble maintaining multiple convos across these dating apps as is, I can't be joining another chatting app! :p

I don't delete contacts from my phone so when I first encountered this I thought it was weird. So I asked women on dates about it and three of them gave the same reason - they had ignored someone after a bad first date and then they got bombarded with texts / harassed. So it makes sense to keep convos on the app and treat one's phone number as sacred. The real shady business to me are the women who want to switch to kik or give out google numbers. So I wouldn't think much of it unless they're still reluctant while planning a second date.
Oh no! He's too busy for us! A bunch of us are juggling multiple conversations for dating and work so join the club. The difference that you're not dating any of us and have the option to turn off push notifications/check in periodically. ;p

I personally get annoyed whenever I'm asked for WhatsApp/Kik/Snapchat/[insert other app here]. To me, that gives girls an excuse to blow me off. For instance, the 20 year old girl who I spoke to kept mentioning not having time and being busy wit her studies? What did I do? I deleted her number. I usually do this so as I don't end up accidentally messaging them while hammered. I'm considering setting up date plans in-app and only giving if it goes well enough to warrant another date. I've gone on way too many first dates for the last several months and not a single second date.

Shanlei91

Oh no! He's too busy for us! A bunch of us are juggling multiple conversations for dating and work so join the club. The difference that you're not dating any of us and have the option to turn off push notifications/check in periodically. ;p

I personally get annoyed whenever I'm asked for WhatsApp/Kik/Snapchat/[insert other app here]. To me, that gives girls an excuse to blow me off. For instance, the 20 year old girl who I spoke to kept mentioning not having time and being busy wit her studies? What did I do? I deleted her number. I usually do this so as I don't end up accidentally messaging them while hammered. I'm considering setting up date plans in-app and only giving if it goes well enough to warrant another date. I've gone on way too many first dates for the last several months and not a single second date.

Haha I just hate that there are so many platforms for communication! I miss AOL Instant Messenger.

What do you mean attract? They come up to you?

You talk with people you're attracted and get rejected?

There's no recipe. People with similar attractive features tend to date each other. The rest is confidence, humor, , intelligence, sometimes money, whatever. Different people are attracted to different traits.

Flux

I think I should retool my profile a bit. Need to refresh my profile pictures.

Not really for any specific reason, just feels like a good time to do so.

JDHarbs

I think I hit the jackpot, GAF.

She's gorgeous, a gamer, deals with anxiety like me, replies quickly, and leaves long messages.

We're meeting for coffee next week.

How to not screw this up?
Tone down the infatuation when you meet her.
Definitely. I learned that the hard way with the last girl.

Jhoan

Tone down the infatuation when you meet her.
Agreed, definitely don't get your eggs in one basket and keep your expectations in check. I've met girls that were great and matched my interests but there was no second date because of reasons. I was bummed out by it but life goes on.

Is having 1-2 photos done from photography professionals in your tinder/bumble good?

I see lots of "model like" shots profile pics...

I want to step up my profile a bit.

Jhoan

Is having 1-2 photos done from photography professionals in your tinder/bumble good?

All jokes aside, personally I think it's a bit extreme to take professional pictures for online dating purposes. I do know that people don't just use it for that as they use it for head shots for acting or background work. That being said, if you know any photographer friends with a solid DSLR, by all means feel free to have them take pictures of you doing stuff. I've had my brother snap pictures of me with his DSLR in the past but I have much longer hair these days.

All jokes aside, personally I think it's a bit extreme to take professional pictures for online dating purposes. I do know that people don't just use it for that as they use it for head shots for acting or background work. That being said, if you know any photographer friends with a solid DSLR, by all means feel free to have them take pictures of you doing stuff. I've had my brother snap pictures of me with his DSLR in the past but I have much longer hair these days.

Do you mind doing a profile review of mine? I'll pm.

Question.

I got matched up with a girl on cmb. We hit it off. Gave her my number. She gave me mine. She hit me up first. Chatted it up.

Against my better judgement we are having a late lunch at shinsengumi on saturday(her favorite ramen place) dat wait time gonna be turrible.

Anyway. Between now and then, how much contact should I have. Should i message her tomorrow? Or just have a chill "we still on" on sat

If you're hot, you're hot. It's irrelevant.

If you're not, I would refrain from it, mostly cause I don't like to see them on girls. Seems fake and excessive.

Question.

I got matched up with a girl on cmb. We hit it off. Gave her my number. She gave me mine. She hit me up first. Chatted it up.

Against my better judgement we are having a late lunch at shinsengumi on saturday(her favorite ramen place) dat wait time gonna be turrible.

Anyway. Between now and then, how much contact should I have. Should i message her tomorrow? Or just have a chill "we still on" on sat

Do you have any interesting thing to say to her? If not, refrain from it.

Just confirm time and place in the day. Also today is Friday bro. That's one day.

Jhoan

The Power of Snap said:
Do you mind doing a profile review of mine? I'll pm.

Sure! You can also post it with Email tags if you don't want lurkers to see it but want different opinions on it: [ /EMAIL] (backspace the backslash to make it work).

Megalosaro said:
Question.

I think you should just send a text on the day of the date to make sure you guys are still on. Personally, I tend not to get so chatty with girls via text prior to meeting up these days so as to not to get invested. This lessens the impact if there's no chemistry on the date.

Is anyone else turned on by curves as much as I am? I was looking at this girl who visited my OKC profile and in one of the pictures she's wearing a nice dress that hugs her body tight and shows off her curves. It drove my imagination insane! I messaged her but I'm not expecting her to reply much like with other other girls I messaged and haven't replied.

I've been messaging an Asian girl on CMB who messaged me first. She's pretty and has really nice lips. We also seem to a lot of things in common. I'm feeling pretty good about landing a date with her. Quote to reveal some additional trivia about her that I don't want lurkers to see. [Email="It turns out that her brother is an agent for screenwriters and sold the [I]Stranger Things[/I] script to Netflix!"]

If you're hot, you're hot. It's irrelevant.

If you're not, I would refrain from it, mostly cause I don't like to see them on girls. Seems fake and excessive.

Do you have any interesting thing to say to her? If not, refrain from it.

Just confirm time and place in the day. Also today is Friday bro. That's one day.

Sure! You can also post it with Email tags if you don't want lurkers to see it but want different opinions on it: [ /EMAIL] (backspace the backslash to make it work).

I think you should just send a text on the day of the date to make sure you guys are still on. Personally, I tend not to get so chatty with girls via text prior to meeting up these days so as to not to get invested. This lessens the impact if there's no chemistry on the date.

Is anyone else turned on by curves as much as I am? I was looking at this girl who visited my OKC profile and in one of the pictures she's wearing a nice dress that hugs her body tight and shows off her curves. It drove my imagination insane! I messaged her but I'm not expecting her to reply much like with other other girls I messaged and haven't replied.

I've been messaging an Asian girl on CMB who messaged me first. She's pretty and has really nice lips. We also seem to a lot of things in common. I'm feeling pretty good about landing a date with her. Quote to reveal some additional trivia about her that I don't want lurkers to see. [Email="It turns out that her brother is an agent for screenwriters and sold the [I]Stranger Things[/I] script to Netflix!"]

That's dope.

But yeah, she actually texted me this morning. We joked around for a hit until it tapered off. I know what you mean about not getting too chatty. She comes off as real cute through text, hopefully it's the same in person.

With regards to curves? I'm cool with it. I like a little thickness myself.

Jhoan

That's dope.

But yeah, she actually texted me this morning. We joked around for a hit until it tapered off. I know what you mean about not getting too chatty. She comes off as real cute through text, hopefully it's the same in person.

With regards to curves? I'm cool with it. I like a little thickness myself.
That chick ended up ignoring my message but lurking on my profile. Oh well. Honestly, I don't get that and will ask some female co-workers about why women do that.

At least the Asian girl offered me her number and wants to meet for drinks early next week. It sounds like she has lot going on! Back to back dates are more or less confirmed. I hope I survive! I still find myself being cynical about dating this year so I'm hoping it changes with these next string of dates.

I wonder why the Android version of Bumble still has that weird glitch where I'll swipe right to the same girls twice?

Shanlei91

aFP7aJX.jpg

Why would a girl extend a match instead of just sending a message?

Jhoan

aFP7aJX.jpg

Why would a girl extend a match instead of just sending a message?
People make no sense sometimes. Maybe it's to stroke the ego and keep you in her orbit?

The Asian girl invited me to go with her an MFA Illustration show that one of her friends is going to be in. One problem: if I go, then her friend will make or break it for me because I would have to paint a good impression on him/her. It's a bit high stakes for me so I'm leaning towards meeting her after she comes out of the show. She hasn't replied since the last text since I sent a closed ended message but not sweating it. Will message her in a few days.

Fuck, I haven't followed your guys advice at all.

She'd message me randomly yesterday. We basically ended up texting for hours last night.

It's gonna suck if we meet and there isn't any chemistry.

Sorry guys :(

Shanlei91

Maybe shes waiting for a message from you... I know Bumble is that women take the initiative... but maybe she doesn't know lol.

People make no sense sometimes. Maybe it's to stroke the ego and keep you in her orbit?

It really could go either way lol. I'm going to use my daily extend when the match is about to expire to troll her.

The Asian girl invited me to go with her an MFA Illustration show that one of her friends is going to be in. One problem: if I go, then her friend will make or break it for me because I would have to paint a good impression on him/her. It's a bit high stakes for me so I'm leaning towards meeting her after she comes out of the show. She hasn't replied since the last text since I sent a closed ended message but not sweating it. Will message her in a few days.

Impress two people!? Hard mode. Just don't do anything offensive and the worst the person will be able to say about you is "eh don't have an opinion on him". Although if you impress the friend that'll be a far greater benefit. She might already like you enough to show you off to the friend, kind of like when someone wants a person they're dating to meet their parents in less than a month of dating. It's a social thing, like a "hey, I went out hunting and look what I caught!"

Or it's nothing and she's just a whatever kind of person haha

She'd message me randomly yesterday. We basically ended up texting for hours last night.

If she's reaching out to you then by all means continue the conversation! Clearly there's chemistry between the two of you if you guys are still chatting for hours. Every girl I ended up dating longterm there was extensive texting leading into the first date because we liked each other so much we couldn't stop talking to each other. Try not to think of it as a rule you broke or that you messed up - go with the flow, do what feels right and enjoy yourself!

artsi

Don't worry, it's not rocket science man. I text if I feel like it.

Reave

There's no universal rule that says your chances only improve when you text less, but that's not even the real issue with the whole "how much is too much" thing. The real issue making sure you don't turn this dating opportunity into a mental strategy game by trying to keep a thousand of those debatable unwritten rules in your head about how to when/how/how long to communicate. That just leads to a ton of overthinking and over-analyzing; and if gone unchecked, you could find that you're not even acting naturally anymore.

Although there's definitely some helpful general guidelines to keep in mind when texting, don't dwell on it too much. Go with the flow, even if that means texting for hours sometimes. You'll be far less likely to worry about having nothing to talk about, because you're too busy enjoying yourself to even think about it.

Date went well. These things are always a little awkward, but I think she had fun. She already sent me a message implying that we should meet up again.

Edit: I need second date ideas stat. Something active and fun but not too strenous.

artsi

I got a new haircut, took new pics and reset tinder. 14 matches in one hour, not too bad considering I live in a pretty small city. Now to choose who the hell will I talk to first, lol.

EDIT: the number is 25 now, I dunno what to do pls help

Jhoan

It really could go either way lol. I'm going to use my daily extend when the match is about to expire to troll her.

Impress two people!? Hard mode. Just don't do anything offensive and the worst the person will be able to say about you is "eh don't have an opinion on him". Although if you impress the friend that'll be a far greater benefit. She might already like you enough to show you off to the friend, kind of like when someone wants a person they're dating to meet their parents in less than a month of dating. It's a social thing, like a "hey, I went out hunting and look what I caught!"

Or it's nothing and she's just a whatever kind of person haha

If she's reaching out to you then by all means continue the conversation! Clearly there's chemistry between the two of you if you guys are still chatting for hours. Every girl I ended up dating longterm there was extensive texting leading into the first date because we liked each other so much we couldn't stop talking to each other. Try not to think of it as a rule you broke or that you messed up - go with the flow, do what feels right and enjoy yourself!
Lmao at the bolded! You make a damn good point about that! I still haven't texted her yet (will do so tomorrow) but I'm leaning towards meeting her at the MFA show since I'm an aspiring artist and will more than likely geek out with her. Plus it helps that I've volunteered at MoCCA Fest so it's a good possibility that I will charm the pants off her and her friend with that. I definitely wouldn't say anything offensive at all since I like to think I'm well behaved on social gatherings and quiet at times. Also be advised that this is the first date which is a loaded gun but I'm on board with it.

I'll need to leaf through their MFA program book and student comic publication before then. She did say that she would love to see my sketchbook as well but that will probably be over drinks; my sketches have a diary quality to them as I make notes about the moment.
Date went well. These things are always a little awkward, but I think she had fun. She already sent me a message implying that we should meet up again.

Edit: I need second date ideas stat. Something active and fun but not too strenous.
That's great to hear man! Don't overthink the texting stuff. There are no end to end all rules about that stuff. As long as she's into it and doesn't think you're coming on too strong, it's fair game.

As for second date ideas, it depends on what you're into. I would go art gallery hopping because there's free booze and snacks. Another option would be going a bar/cafe that has board games but keep the board games easy to play and follow it up with going to a park or a place with a nice view for conversation. EDIT: Saw your update. What are you guys going to do?
I got a new haircut, took new pics and reset tinder. 14 matches in one hour, not too bad considering I live in a pretty small city. Now to choose who the hell will I talk to first, lol.

Try to space them out a bit if anything, You don't have to go one or two dates per day this week since that would be exhausting (unless you're Kanik ;p). Besides if I'm being realistic, chances are a handful of the matches will fizzle out. It's a pain in the ass to micromanage so many conversations as you often forget facts about the person. This is sspecially true if some of the matches have the same or similar spelled names.

jimmypython

nice! how do you reset?

Jhoan

nice! how do you reset?

If you're not paying for Tinder Plus, then you delete it and remake the account. Tinder has a gatcha algorithm where it'll put new users at the "top" of every user's match rotation. It diminishes over time factoring in if you use it every day or skip a day, etc. until your profile is shifted to the "bottom." Think like a deck of cards.

As for second date ideas, it depends on what you're into. I would go art gallery hopping because there's free booze and snacks. Another option would be going a bar/cafe that has board games but keep the board games easy to play and follow it up with going to a park or a place with a nice view for conversation. EDIT: Saw your update. What are you guys going to do?

Dance lesson! Gonna meet up after work, grab a quick bite to eat and then go dancing!

artsi

Try to space them out a bit if anything, You don't have to go one or two dates per day this week since that would be exhausting (unless you're Kanik ;p). Besides if I'm being realistic, chances are a handful of the matches will fizzle out. It's a pain in the ass to micromanage so many conversations as you often forget facts about the person. This is sspecially true if some of the matches have the same or similar spelled names.

Yeah I have to try, the number is 36 after the first night now. Some girls messaged me first so I'll play those cards first I guess.

Shanlei91

Ok, so the girl who extended me on Bumble is getting a graduate degree in writing. So her first message was like a novel, which explains that. We scheduled a date for this week.

Second date on wednesday

Congrats!

lol Interact with the ones eager to meet, who message a lot and who message first since they clearly like you and are invested in both the idea of you and actually dating. Good luck juggling conversations - all it takes is a day delay to respond for a person to lose interest or feel offended and not respond.

The worst part about getting a bunch of matches is that it's part of the app's algorithm to knock you down from being at the top if you don't send messages to people you match with. So if you just let the matches sit there you'll slowly start getting less matches.

Top Bottom