• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

So, dating this girl for 4 months now. In the beginning of the dating, she flat out asked me if we should see each other exclusively, and I said sure. Couple of days, she tells me that her ex texted her and wanted to come over to talk...said she had "unresolved feels..." Now, she's putting "non-exclusivity" on the table, along with "stay friends" and "cuss me out." Texting/talking has been sparse since she put this on me, though she keeps saying that she likes me.

The night her ex was supposed to come over, I didn't hear from her all night except for some random text saying that she had a migraine and took a nap.

What do, DatingGAF? Pls respond.

Shes not fully over her ex yo. If I was you Id start looking for some new ladies,this one seems to be playin games and ain't nobody got time for that.

-PXG-

So, dating this girl for 4 months now. In the beginning of the dating, she flat out asked me if we should see each other exclusively, and I said sure. Couple of days, she tells me that her ex texted her and wanted to come over to talk...said she had "unresolved feels..." Now, she's putting "non-exclusivity" on the table, along with "stay friends" and "cuss me out." Texting/talking has been sparse since she put this on me, though she keeps saying that she likes me.

The night her ex was supposed to come over, I didn't hear from her all night except for some random text saying that she had a migraine and took a nap.

What do, DatingGAF? Pls respond.

Bail. Fuck these bullshit games. Let her fuck around with her ex and make sure you have no part in it.

You should always have a side girl, or two, or three or whatever. That only applies if you're not in an exclusive relationship or tied down. Don't be a jerk. But if that's not the case, anything goes. Always have back ups in case shit goes south or falls through. You never know.

Hell, the girl I'm seeing now IS the back up, and she ended up being way more than I thought. I ended meeting someone truly awesome.

The one time I made this happen, the girl ended up looking twice the weight of her pictures (straight obese).

When she let me in, I took my shoes off. I'll never know why. I follow her around to the bedroom, take a good look at her. Huge ass, no makeup on, and she's sick. Coughing and whatnot. Needless to say, I had been invited over to do the deed.

I silently turned around, grabbed my shoes, closed her apartment door behind me and ran laughing like a banshee to my car. Never again.

Joey-San always remove your shoes before entering trust me I'm a Japanese expert..not really but That was a majestic exit bro so deluxe with it goddamn even the way you ran away was so crisp my respects

aplauso+movil

BIGWORM

Thank you, ResponseGAF. I started to think of the thing we had of more of a FWB kind of thing, though I had barely started to develop "the feels" for her.

Moving on.

-PXG-

Gaf so this chick visit my profile on okc and likes me so I'm like let me see what's up with the nelly pimp juice running In my mind.. So I go to her profile and she looks good for a slim girl she got a kid which is doable and I liked her back.. Long story short she sends me an essay and pursuits me, usually I answer a few hours later but w.e she talks about her drama with ex baby daddy outta nowhere funny thing is I ain't even asked her I'm like let me use my imagination.

ibvownqb9awu7qaiqb8.gif

This chick is cray I realized a few messages in she's calling me papi, chulo, or you're so cute, can we go on a date?! All I thought was " heh I ain't white knighting this despite how fine she is" the thirst is real guys just wao.

Edit : she got two kids goddamn I feel like usher is singing me confessions part 2

Noctis, sorry to bump this, but it's too damn funny. I lost it.

stn

@BIGWORM

Run. Don't look back.

@NoctisVsStar

That was hilarious to read. Still, get out of there. Mentioning the ex just like that is a red flag.

Thank you, ResponseGAF. I started to think of the thing we had of more of a FWB kind of thing, though I had barely started to develop "the feels" for her.

Moving on.

Hey if shes willing to get down like that play it up then. But yes dont catch the feels yo,at this point shes proved already that she cant be your #1 chick.

Noctis, sorry to bump this, but it's too damn funny. I lost it.

Heh be on the lookout I got date with a PR chick and Jewish girl ( I thought Jewish people didn't date outside their race i'm perplexed.. Im sucker for redheads sue me.. I don't discriminate for the record all color hair are welcomed) . So yeah don't know what to expect

Edit : some girl used the worst pick up line on me known to mankind.. this is hilarious I wish I could post a screenshot on Gaf but I don't know how to

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You got balls if someone out of the blue invites me to their house right away I'm thinking about being in a body bag somewhere Godspeed!

Lol if I don't post by tonight, then you guys will know something happen and police will have a record.

Hopefully not RIP man, good luck B^)

Well this summer has been a bust so far so I'm updating all my profiles tonight

The summer of L is hopefully coming to an end

Keep at it man. Still plenty of summer left!

potam

Banned
You got balls if someone out of the blue invites me to their house right away I'm thinking about being in a body bag somewhere Godspeed!

Eh, I usually try to get girls to meet over at my place first before a date. Mainly because I want to experience any panic/shock in private if they turn out to be uglier or bigger than their pics, and I don't want to go to a loud and crowded restaurant and try to somehow ID a girl based on 2 year old pictures she has on her profile.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I actually think there are several more people just looking for plain old dating than advertised. I say do it.

Idk. It seems very hookup-oriented. I've only had like two conversations on there so far but they seemed to want to try a hookup right away, but I'm not interested in that at all.

freshair

Eh, I usually try to get girls to meet over at my place first before a date. Mainly because I want to experience any panic/shock in private if they turn out to be uglier or bigger than their pics, and I don't want to go to a loud and crowded restaurant and try to somehow ID a girl based on 2 year old pictures she has on her profile.

Lol that's not a bad idea in theory but I find that most girls aren't comfortable meeting guys at their place (or getting picked up) on the first date.

I've been perfecting my fake smile and enthusiasm as a result :lol 😂

Idk. It seems very hookup-oriented. I've only had like two conversations on there so far but they seemed to want to try a hookup right away, but I'm not interested in that at all.

Ah sorry about that. I'm thinking the ratio fluctuates depending on your area. If you specify on your blurb that you're not looking for that and yet still get messages for hookups, deleting might be in order.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm the opposite! Tinder hasn't really resulted in anything but OKC has.

I honestly don't know why I'm having such shitty lucky on OKC. I have the same pics more or less. Even stating my current status (college student). But I have had way more convos through tinder than OKC.

I believe you are a fellow New Yorker if it's not a shady neighborhood you good to go brah

Yeah, I'm from NYC. It isn't in a shady neighborhood and her house is right by the subway.

I honestly don't know why I'm having such shitty lucky on OKC. I have the same pics more or less. Even stating my current status (college student). But I have had way more convos through tinder than OKC.

Yeah, I'm from NYC. It isn't in a shady neighborhood and her house is right by the subway.

Nice I'm from the upper westside! Stay safe breh

Melo signed with the Knicks good excuse to drink today w0ot

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Ah sorry about that. I'm thinking the ratio fluctuates depending on your area. If you specify on your blurb that you're not looking for that and yet still get messages for hookups, deleting might be in order.

I didn't have on there before but I've added it in, though I doubt it will change much. I get so few matches anyways.

Pictures with animals gets results.

So does exaggerating your height a few inches about 5'8".

So does listing. Your build as average.

OKC is weird.

Jhoan

Nice I'm from the upper westside! Stay safe breh

Melo signed with the Knicks good excuse to drink today w0ot
Washington Heights too? Represent! Good luck on those dates man.

I got a new phone (Galaxy S3) and instantly downloaded Tinder. GK86 got me hooked; I've been tapping right like there's no tomorrow. After all the success he's gotten (Godspeed my good man), I need a piece of that pie. Got a bunch of likes I gotta respond to. Hit up a few girls that liked me back but they fizzled. I think Tinder is going to be a godsend for me.

Out of the several girls I hit up on OKC, I've been having a back and forth going with one. I think it's going to lead to a date. Getting back on that grind soon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... uh... OKC is... pretty great... I'll just leave it at that.

Damn son.

freshair

So... uh... OKC is... pretty great... I'll just leave it at that.

Damn son.

tumblr_mqc3zc6kqv1r2ofqgo1_500-aa495e18c7e3a21a4e48923b92048a61.gif

And as an update from the flake, I texted her this morning after my hair cut at 11am and nothing.

Upwards and onwards!

And I might've had the wrong approach to Tinder because I just secured a date.

I had 3 dates last week, 3 dates this week, and 3 lined up next week.

There must be something in the summer air.

Luigi87

tumblr_mqc3zc6kqv1r2ofqgo1_500-aa495e18c7e3a21a4e48923b92048a61.gif

And as an update from the flake, I texted her this morning after my hair cut at 11am and nothing.

Upwards and onwards!

And I might've had the wrong approach to Tinder because I just secured a date.

I had 3 dates last week, 3 dates this week, and 3 lined up next week.

There must be something in the summer air.

All that freshair.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Oh man I got a message. But it was sort of short and didnt really have an open ended question really, so it makes me wonder if they're actually interested.

I sent out like 15 yesterday, wasn't expecting any back.

BIGWORM

So, I talked to chick earlier on the phone. She told me ex came over, they "got drunk" and she "kissed him."

Haha, ok. I'm already talking to no less than 6 other chicks.

Blargh! These women keep disappearing on OKC for no reason! I am a perfect gentleman ,and I ask questions to keep the convo going, and I ask them out after a few messages back and forth.. Actually, I'm running out of women to talk to in my area.. I'm down to around 11 or so, lol. I might need to find other means... I'm kind of a dork, but I am just being me. :(

Danj

I started talking to a girl on Tinder yesterday. I'm going over to her house later today. I have been having way more success with Tinder than OKC.

Wow.

I had my first "match" on Tinder yesterday afternoon, but it was someone who only had pictures, no profile text, so what are you supposed to say? I said "hi, how's it going?" which I see from the OP is completely the wrong thing to say, and now the Tinder app says I have no matches :/

Smiley90

Blargh! These women keep disappearing on OKC for no reason! I am a perfect gentleman ,and I ask questions to keep the convo going, and I ask them out after a few messages back and forth.. Actually, I'm running out of women to talk to in my area.. I'm down to around 11 or so, lol. I might need to find other means... I'm kind of a dork, but I am just being me. :(

All I can think of when someone describes themselves as a "perfect gentleman" is someone really awkward in a fedora :lol

I'll look at it if you want.

Though, just a head's up, usually people that describe themselves as "perfect gentleman"/"perfect lady" are anything but, in my experience.

:p

And that :lol

SRG01

A good catfish prevention strategy is to reverse Google Image search a person's profile pics. POF is notorious for catfishes too. I was flagging so many profiles at one point that I stopped bothering.

Maddocks

it's been so long since I last messaged a girl I seriously forgot how to do it. Can't believe I'm over thinking 4 sentences.

Yrael

"Hi there! My name's <name>. I saw in your profile that you're studying <course project> - that sounds really interesting! What does it entail?
I graduated from that uni last year, but I was in <different course>; I have to admit that sometimes I miss being a student!"

Messages like that (short, simple, sound interested, asking a question, making reference to something in the other person's profile, showing you have some shared experiences) are fine in my experience.

Maddocks

yup, thats what I needed. don't know why I psyched myself out. damn fool I say fool!

OK, I slapped myself a few times and remembered that this shit is just like everything else and be confident and clear. My problem was that I wanted to hit the grand slam, when a single will do.(both results end up with a score)

Jhoan

Wow.

I had my first "match" on Tinder yesterday afternoon, but it was someone who only had pictures, no profile text, so what are you supposed to say? I said "hi, how's it going?" which I see from the OP is completely the wrong thing to say, and now the Tinder app says I have no matches :/
I would suggest you take everything that's in the OP with a grain of salt. It's not comprehensive/definitive. I've been using "hey how's it going" or "how's your weekend going?" lately on Tinder and OKC and while it's a neutral message, it works. Don't think you should come up with a witty message all the time; it would be way too time consuming to think about something for say 40 different profiles on OKC. That being said, don't be afraid to experiment and try saying different things ala what NoctisVsStar did by sending a random message. Don't mean to brag but the reason I get so many matches on Tinder is because I'm a fairly good looking guy; girls message me from time to time. But don't let that discourage you and keep tapping right; you're bound to get matches. Maybe girls in the UK are just as picky if not pickier than girls in NYC.

We were in her crib, drinking outside in her backyard. She wasn't my type. Just..plan weird.

Was she into you? Did she let you slide into second base? Or was it a twilight zone date where you were talking but don't remember a word of what you said?! Lol.. In all seriousness sounds like it was a one sided affair on to the next one!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Got a meetup tonight. Going to stargaze in the park as an initial meetup.

Sound relaxing as fuck.

Good luck dude!

Was she into you? Did she let you slide into second base? Or was it a twilight zone date where you were talking but don't remember a word of what you said?! Lol.. In all seriousness sounds like it was a one sided affair on to the next one!

Yeah, definitely one-sided lol. She was into me. She even made a move to kiss me (terrible kisser btw). First time I have thought about an exit plan over what to say.

You win some, you lose some.

Smiley90

Stargazing is pretty sweet for a first date, or even a second date when you're trying to go for the kiss. It's worked for me on both of my last two dates when going for it. It creates a nice and romantic atmosphere where you can lie down, have a bit of silence, look at her, see if she smiles back at you. If she does and keeps looking, go for it.

Top Bottom