• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online functionality for 3DS and WiiU ends today.

darrylgorn

Dessert Pie GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Eyes What GIF by Bounce

What truly sucks is that some of the DLCs that people bought will be unavailable to redownload. For example Monster Hunter games will be affected.
This is something that needs to be looked into. There's no way this should be legal.
If they want to push for an online future, they need to be sure everything we pay, is accessible.

If i'm paying full price for digital games and DLCs then they absolutely need to be available "forever".

alienator

it amazes me that this bilion dollar company cant keep their shop(s) up, or offer an alternative, ( i cannot buy VC n64 sin & punishment without taking an online sub, and then still not own the game ?? wth nintendo)

what is being lost?

Around 450 digital-only Wii U games
Around 600 digital-only 3DS games
Around 100 Wii U games that are also available physically
Around 300 3DS games that are also available physically
Nearly 530 Virtual Console games, around 335 of which are not currently available on Nintendo Switch Online

anyways, wiiu softmod since last week and nusspli , see you in hell nintendo.

StereoVsn

This is something that needs to be looked into. There's no way this should be legal.
If they want to push for an online future, they need to be sure everything we pay, is accessible.

If i'm paying full price for digital games and DLCs then they absolutely need to be available "forever".
Unfortunately this is tied to the whole “it’s a license not a full purchase “ schtick corpos have been pushing.

This is why companies yank licenses even for current systems and that could be songs, movies and so on, not just games.

And yes, this sucks very much.

Unfortunately this is tied to the whole “it’s a license not a full purchase “ schtick corpos have been pushing.

This is why companies yank licenses even for current systems and that could be songs, movies and so on, not just games.

And yes, this sucks very much.
The European Union has been pushing for so much control over stuff like this that i hope videogames will also be taken into consideration. If it's a license and not a full purchase, don't sell me that license like a full product. Period.

LordCBH

Eshop died last year, and now all online functions died. Used 3DS game carts are absurdly expensive. This is why I have no qualms telling people to CFW their 3DS and then install the hshop. If Nintendo no longer wishes to allow people to give them money, then just take.

angrod14

Redownload ability will still be available it seems. So it’s not a complete shutdown of online functionality.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Oh no... I played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online just yesterday!!

I literally just plugged the WiiU , that's such a sad news

Top Bottom