• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only 20% of Xbox One Gamers Finished The Witcher 3

Having a look at the gear 4 complete in any mode, achievement ratio stands at 32.79%

I have only just noticed you can look at Xbox 360 achievement ratios now, interesting to look back at the older games.

Lost Odyssey.
Completed Disc 1 47.99%
Completed Disc 2 35.83%
Completed Disc 3 28.98%
Completed Disc 4 13.47%

At least 1% of that drop between Disc 3 and 4 must be of people that bought the game on Gamestop and they didnt give them the fourth disc, happened to me.

dab0ne

I get why. I'm playing right now and have several hours under my belt but I'm still only level 5. The level up progression is so slow it's starting to feel like a slog. Not to mention the load times on ps4 are quite long so if you're dying a lot it really takes the wind out of your sails.

joecanada

I get why. I'm playing right now and have several hours under my belt but I'm still only level 5. The level up progression is so slow it's starting to feel like a slog. Not to mention the load times on ps4 are quite long so if you're dying a lot it really takes the wind out of your sails.

If you're slogging through side quests don't bother for levelling. You gain most power through just main story I find. Anything below your current level won't do shit. Do side quests you're interested in though of course.

I finished it but coulda gone either way. Give it 7/10. You don't need levels if you just want to finish like me. Taking almost any power to max will make you pretty powerful

dab0ne

If you're slogging through side quests don't bother for levelling. You gain most power through just main story I find. Anything below your current level won't do shit. Do side quests you're interested in though of course.

I finished it but coulda gone either way. Give it 7/10. You don't need levels if you just want to finish like me. Taking almost any power to max will make you pretty powerful

Yeah ill probably just stick to story missions for a while. While traveling to side quests I keep running into enemies who can one shot me. I try to run away but the horse slams into a tree or something. Then...the load screen. Took me about 12 hours to get into kingdom of amalur and I ended up really liking it but the first dozen hours were very rough.

Games like this are bloated beyond all reason, and if you look at things like Trophy percentages on PSN most people don't get anywhere near completing actually short games so I have zero surprise at this stat.

meirl

Banned
"only"? What? Thats a Lot for such a HUGE game!

Also, this includes people that lend the game from a friend or so.

Also, this does NOT include people that bought the ultimate Version and finished this Version instead of the original game.

Spladam

It's what happens when you spend too much time on forums posting about video games instead of playing said video games. *cough*

I bet this is the same across the other platforms. This is annecdotal, but I know a lot of people who own the game and aside from me and another friend, no one else came close to finishing it. It's a long game though.

Ricker

This is probably true for many games,especially the hard ones with no difficulty settings...like Ori(fixed now) or the Dark Souls or even Nioh...for the Witcher though,the game was not that hard on normal,besides the few spikes in the DLC's,like the Frog or that molded guy in the cemetary...

AlexBasch

I haven't played it since I never got around to finish one, start 2 and let alone 3.

I honestly don't have the time to invest so many damn hours in a game. Can respect the praise and all of that, but dammit, they sound so fucking huge I don't want to bother, really.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah, like you said, this is the norm. I see it all the time on the PS4 trophies percentages.

Not even the trophies for completing the tutorial levels in games are at 100%

Yet some gamers and reviewers alike scream for games that must be hundreds of hours long eps they may as well be priced $19 or less ;).

I'm glad someone posted this, it reminded me to finish the damn game.

Question, when defeating the final boss, does the game go back to the last save or does it continue on so you can finish the rest of it?

LordOfChaos

80%er here. I tried multiple times, the lore sounds like something I'd love to delve into but the controls have kept me from getting far each time.

Alternate mode is better but it's still like trying to move a ferry around. And no, it's absolutely not to make it "natural", people can turn on a dime, and look at him jump!

xrnzaaas

It's not that big of a surprise with Witcher. The game is very long and even if you focus on the main story you can't really make a speedrun like in many other RPG's. Also it distracts you with the map markers and side missions and that continues to lower the chance of making it to the end.

KHlover

Banned
For some reason I stopped playing after the fight at Kaer Morhen and never picked it up again. Same with MGS V. I got to Africa and then dropped it for something else (to be fair I was at 70 hours of playtime already), never started to play again.

Hope I'll be more disciplined when it comes to Zelda lol.

If you're dying a lot, then you're probably playing on a higher difficulty than is necessary. If it's your first playthrough, I personally recommend sticking with Normal/Easy.

Top Bottom