• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest |OT| A Soft Heart for the Hard Core

I wake up and check to see if the OT went up and boom, for the first time someone picked my OT title. I feel honored.

Huh? I think we're releasing the Steam version in the same minute. I'll knock down some doors for you :)

Edit: Yup, in 6 hours Ori will be available on both Xbox One and Steam!

Freaking ninja.

fantomena

Huh? I think we're releasing the Steam version in the same minute. I'll knock down some doors for you :)

Awesome. Will get Steam version.

My Xbone just have to dust in the corner a couple of months more.

5olid_5nake

I knew from the first reveal that we're in for something great, Thomas thank you and your team for all your hard work.
I was today at Saturn in Vienna, and they were displaying Ori on huge tv, and it looked so beautiful. Can't wait to buy it on Steam :D.
You should celebrate, you deserve it.

RoKKeR

Hey guys,

Sorry for not replying earlier - we've been celebrating yesterday til pretty early in the morning :)

6 1/2 more hours til all of you can play it - I can't wait to read all of your impressions! :))

And thanks for the OT!
Congrats to you and the team, looks like you all did one hell of a job.

Phil4000

So the PC version drops tomorrow right, weird that i can't preorder it on Steam yet?!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/261570/

header.jpg

Mine01

Wondering if there's a way to disable the hud, just got the preview update on my one and want to take some screenshots.

Also THANK YOU TO THE SOUND TEAM.

I need sleep for work. Im enjoying some of the more dulcet tracks from the OST as I drift off. See you in 5.5 hours for a little fun before dreaded work Ori!

Nillansan

This is one hell of a week, Cities: Skylines, Hotline Miami 2 and Ori! I'll be picking all of them up on Steam in one fell swoop.

jimboton

Steam is still telling me 1 day and 4 hours. Can you please ninja the euro zone as well?

Navy Bean

Hopefully this game downloads in time for me to play for a bit tonight. Releasing at 8:00 ET is so random...

Watching some of the GB Quick Look really got me excited to play...

Mine01

I guess ill just download it tonight, since its pretty heavy for my isp i wont be able to play till tomorrow night :(

That's fantastic! My wife and I will be fighting over who gets to play Ori tonight. :p

I have two Xbox Ones so with game sharing my wife and I are set. At least the game should be fun to watch for one of you. That's how my wife and I used to do things before picking up a second Xbox One.

Toa TAK

Banned
Nice OT. I can't believe I missed this thread this morning.

There should be a link to the soundtrack purchase, it's amazing and warrants that dedicated trailer.

Noobcraft

As long as it's playable, I'm good.

Any word on minimum specs?
Minimum:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4 GB RAM
GPU: GeForce 240 GT or Radeon HD 6570 – 1024 MB (1 gig)
DX: Version 9.0c
HDD: 8 GB available space

Karak

Easily one of my favorite games this year. This is a game that is going to have people telling stories about their experience in forums for a long time.

Alright, the friendly Tom from Valve guaranteed us that it'll be up on STEAM in parity with Xbox One.

Again, the Xbox One version is just as great as the Steam version - super smooth and nice to play. It'll be interesting to see what the split is though :)

Thank you guys for all your awesome support - We can't wait to read all your impressions!

TomShoe

Banned
Minimum:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4 GB RAM
GPU: GeForce 240 GT or Radeon HD 6570 – 1024 MB (1 gig)
DX: Version 9.0c
HDD: 8 GB available space

Thanks, I think I can get away with it.

Corpekata

Banned
Alright, the friendly Tom from Valve guaranteed us that it'll be up on STEAM in parity with Xbox One.

Again, the Xbox One version is just as great as the Steam version - super smooth and nice to play. It'll be interesting to see what the split is though :)

Thank you guys for all your awesome support - We can't wait to read all your impressions!

In reflection of this, the Steam page now says 4 hours rather than 1 day and 4 hours like it was saying before.

wouwie

Steam page updated and available in 3 hours, also for EU. Slightly too late to try it out today (unlocks at 1 in the morning). It's going to be a long day at work tomorrow... Haven't been this excited for a game since Rayman Legends, i think.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

Well I'm in for one on the xbox one for now, and since I like you so much. If I like the game enough I'll double dip. My buddy can use my steam account to play it that way.

Top Bottom