• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest Retail Edition comes out 6/14

Just preordered from Amazon. Qualifies for the prime discount which takes $4 off...Hellz yes.

I could have upgraded digitally for $5 but I'll spend the extra $11 for a sweet sweet physical copy

Don't quote me on this, cause I don't know exactly what the final word was, but I'm pretty sure it's an actual disc that contains both the Ori Definitive Edition AND the original game as well :)

When will the PC LE version be available for preorder and which retailers can we expect to have it for sale?

emb

I know, right :) We got hundreds of mails about a physical release ever since Ori was announced, so I'm just glad the email spam will hopefully stop now :D

We're super happy that people can buy the physical verisons now and put them into their collections!
Thank you!

That PC LE is sexy! Gonna snag that. Didn't give this game the time if day cause was too busy finishing other games from last year.

Sounds like a digital copy of the original version of Ori. The Definitive Edition will be on the disc.

I'm confused, I thought the definitive edition was just the original game with more content. If the definitive edition includes the original game why would there be a digital download for the original game.

Why does the description of the physical copy say it comes with a digital download of the game in the description on amazon...oh god please tell me you didn't do it Microsoft.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJNUMQ0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

To me, "digital copy of the original game" means you'll get a digital copy of the original release of the game (not the Definitive Edition), which is very weird.

I've never played the game before but the physical release is making me interested. I'll hold out to see if does come with a disc and then I'll buy it if it does.

jbug617

Banned
Via Major Nelson
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is already packed with additional content that includes new areas, more story sequences, multiple difficulty modes, and much more. But as a special bonus, the US retail version will include a CD of the award-winning original soundtrack, a digital copy of the original game, Behind the Scenes videos chronicling the making of the game, and much more!
https://majornelson.com/2016/05/23/...tion-comes-to-stores-in-june/?linkId=24787921

I'm confused, I thought the definitive edition was just the original game with more content. If the definitive edition includes the original game why would there be a digital download for the original game.

The Definitive Edition is a completely new version of the game. It's not the base game + DLC or anything like that.

When you buy this at retail, you get the Definitive Edition on the disc and as a bonus, you get the original version as a digital download. I'm not sure why someone would want to go back to that version, but it's still a cool extra.

So this is basically just a physical release of the soundtrack not the game...

No. The Definitive Edition is on the disc. As a bonus, the original version is included via a digital code.

No. The Definitive Edition is on the disc. As a bonus, the original version is included via a digital code.

Do you have a source for that? Wanna make sure before I pre-order.
Edit:Nvm if multiple people are saying it, its probably true, sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Do you have a source for that? Wanna make sure before I pre-order.

The digital copy of the original game is listed under bonus content. You're buying a physical copy of the Definitive Edition and receiving a digital version of the original game as a bonus, alongside a soundtrack CD and behind-the-scenes videos.

If you're still not convinced, I'm sure Thomas can clear things up, but I'm pretty confident that you're not simply getting a digital code inside a box.

Do you know if it includes a key for steam?

Yup, includes a Steam key :)

I just asked Reinhard from Nordic for clarification:

"Yes, it contains Ori and Ori DE - both data is on disc but those who dont have a disc drive don't need to bother as they can activate the Steam Key and just download it."

blacksark

"Yes, it contains Ori and Ori DE - both data is on disc but those who dont have a disc drive don't need to bother as they can activate the Steam Key and just download it."

Sweeeeet, made no sense that the best xbox one didn't have a retail release.Will buy both versions to show support ;)

Thank you, that is great :)

Coxy100

Banned
Does anyone know if the soundtrack included is the original one ? Or the definitive newer one

I listen to the original daily on YouTube so hoping its that version...

No Canada? Guess I'll have to figure something out then.

Ended up getting it through Gamestop since Amazon won't ship to Canada, came out to $35 US which is $45 Cad, feelsbadman.

Keep in mind you'll likely end up paying an additional "brokerage fee" because gamestop uses UPS when shipping to Canada. I recall it being ~$20 last time I ordered from there.

No Canada? Guess I'll have to figure something out then.

Keep in mind you'll likely end up paying an additional "brokerage fee" because gamestop uses UPS when shipping to Canada. I recall it being ~$20 last time I ordered from there.

Well that sucks...they're probably gonna leave the package in front of my house and that shits gonna get stolen...Hopefully gamestop replaces items lost in shipping.

Looks like I'll have to import a copy from eBay as there isn't any way to get the Xbox One version in the UK, sucks cause I really want to support Moon Studios, ah well this would be my triple dip anyway.

RoKKeR

Interested to see how much behind the scenes stuff there is, always interested to learn more about how my favorite games are made.

I'm glad this game has been such a success, it's incredibly deserving of all the praise.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Welp, time to triple dip.

Edit: No special edition of the XBO version? Damn, too bad. Would have sprung for that.

Yeah, I'm just happy we got a physical release for Xbox One and Ori can get on store shelves and get more sales and recognition it deserves. Will triple dip :)

Brilliant game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I guess videogameplus ain't gonna carry the US-only xbone sku?
I really want to import it to EU, what's the cheapest option? goddamn this sucks :(

Exentryk

Thanks. Just one more question - do I need to have Steam installed to play it directly from the disc?

NateDog

Haven't played it but it looks beautiful, glad they're taking advantage of that with a steelbook and posters like those.

Coxy100

Banned
Pretty sure it will be, but I'll have to wait to get a final answer from MS :)

Hi Thomas

A lot of limited edition games in the UK are exclusive to a retailer here called 'Game'. it looks like Ori is exclusive to Game here because you can buy it from Game whereas on Amazon it says 'unavailable' (whereas the standard edition is fine).

If you could get Microsoft to confirm if Amazon are going to stock it then that would be great. Game is a really shitty company and I don't want to have to pre order with them :(

marcincz

Anyone can help me?
I would like to buy Ori on XBO, but live in Europe. Amazon doesn't send, Gamestop wants...59$ (lol) for shipping. Any other shops selling this title on XBO?

Ok, nvm. Found on Play-Asia.

Coxy100

Banned
Anyone can help me?
I would like to buy Ori on XBO, but live in Europe. Amazon doesn't send, Gamestop wants...59$ (lol) for shipping. Any other shops selling this title on XBO?

Ok, nvm. Found on Play-Asia.

Never ordered from Play Asia before but heard it mentioned on GAF a few times.

I see they are based in Hong Kong. So if I was to order a copy of the Xbox One version (I'm in the UK) would they get it sent from US to Hong Kong....and then onto the UK for me?

I don't quite get how they can do it and for them to make a profit when it says it only costs £14...

Coxy100

Banned
Sorry to keep bombarding this thread... but does anyone know if the US games have the same spines as UK versions?

I'm tempted to buy from Play Asia so I can get the X1 version - but will it match the other spines of my X1 games?

Thanks for any help :)

Top Bottom