• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black - new Sci-Fi thriller - Saturdays on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
orphan-black-21.jpg

Looks good, except for Allison's hand resting on Sarah. That looks a little photoshoppy.

Snake

I hated those posters until I scrolled down to the animated versions.

Now they are masterpieces in the Cubist mold.

tVornQW.png

krnPg0g.png

I love how much personality there is in those shots. Sarah with black make up and a fierce look, Allison with a little disdain in her posture, Cosima with the sly smile and cat eye and Rachel going 'I don't need make up, I'm perfect and here is the scientific proof'.

aceface

Probably been mentioned here already, but season 1 is now up for free streaming on Amazon instant video if you have prime. I'm gonna rewatch it over the next few weeks leading up to season 2.

They're going to air an hour-long special the week before the season starts:
BBCA said:
AW5Sjhu.jpg

In this all-new one-hour special, cast members, celebrity guests and hard-core fans gather to celebrate BBC AMERICA’s dramatic conspiracy thriller in Orphan Black: The Cloneversation. Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory) hosts Golden Globe® nominated lead actress Tatiana Maslany, and clone club favorites Jordan Gavaris, (Felix), Dylan Bruce (Paul) and Evelyne Brochu (Delphine) along with clone-club member, Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs) – as they look back at some of the most intense, funny and heart-stopping moments from season one and a look ahead at the explosive new season. In addition, fans will have their burning questions answered and get an exclusive look at the making of this pop-cultural phenomenon.

Orphan Black: The Cloneversation premieres Saturday, April 12 at 8:00pm ET/PT on BBC AMERICA.

Marathoned this this week and fell in love with Tatiana, and the show. Wow, what a great show. Has me thinking about adding BBC America so I can watch S2. S2 is looking to be some hotness

Enk

makes good threads.
With season two of the series set to premiere on April 19th, Indiewire sat down with Graeme Manson ("Cube"), who co-created the series with fellow showrunner John Fawcett ("Ginger Snaps"), to talk about what's next for Sarah and her genetically identical cohorts.

Ah, that makes sense now. Kinda blew my mind when I found out that Tatiana Maslany also played Ghost in Ginger Snaps 2. She was one of the best, and strangest, character of that series.

Ah, that makes sense now. Kinda blew my mind when I found out that Tatiana Maslany also played Ghost in Ginger Snaps 2. She was one of the best, and strangest, character of that series.

That's where I knew her from. Also the terrible Canadian kids series 2030 CE.

Blader

I just finished the first season the other day. Pretty cool show. Tatiana is amazing in this role, and you can easily forget that she's playing multiple roles because they're all very distinct in personality, mannerisms, etc. She does a better job at some of the characters than others, but the core three of Sarah, Allison, and Cosima are all great. Sarah is probably my favorite; she reminds me of a Lisbeth Salander-type lead.

The supporting cast is kinda hit or miss. Some, like Fe and Paul, annoyed me at the start but ended up growing on me. Others I'm just not feeling. The worst is Art, who I just can't buy as a character. He's so intensely suspicious of Sarah-Beth, giving her the death glare for any little thing she says or does, that's hard to believe they ever friends/partners in the first place. Weirdly, as antagonistic as he is toward Sarah-Beth when they're together, he's extremely defensive of her to others.

Anyway, looking forward to S2. Now that a lot of the groundwork has been set, the show should be able to hit the ground running when it starts up again.

royalan

I just finished the first season the other day. Pretty cool show. Tatiana is amazing in this role, and you can easily forget that she's playing multiple roles because they're all very distinct in personality, mannerisms, etc. She does a better job at some of the characters than others, but the core three of Sarah, Allison, and Cosima are all great. Sarah is probably my favorite; she reminds me of a Lisbeth Salander-type lead.

The supporting cast is kinda hit or miss. Some, like Fe and Paul, annoyed me at the start but ended up growing on me. Others I'm just not feeling. The worst is Art, who I just can't buy as a character. He's so intensely suspicious of Sarah-Beth, giving her the death glare for any little thing she says or does, that's hard to believe they ever friends/partners in the first place. Weirdly, as antagonistic as he is toward Sarah-Beth when they're together, he's extremely defensive of her to others.

Anyway, looking forward to S2. Now that a lot of the groundwork has been set, the show should be able to hit the ground running when it starts up again.

I think the extreme suspicious/protective way Art acts around "Beth" has a lot to do with the fact that, shortly before Beth kills herself and the story begins, she shoots and kills an innocent person. Now, the audience knows that, whoever this woman is, she was helping Helena identify and assassinate clones, so we know she wasn't really innocent. But Art doesn't know anything about that, so from his perspective, Beth was under the influence of meds and accidentally shot an innocent woman, and he's putting his career on the line by helping her cover it up. Add to this the general weirdness of Beth not even being Beth anymore, and I can see why his patience with "Beth" is more than a little strained at the moment, despite the fact that he obviously cares about her on some level.

Actually, that weirdly aggressive exchange between Paul and Art when Paul came down to the station makes me think there might have been something more between Art and Beth at some point.

Blader

I think the extreme suspicious/protective way Art acts around "Beth" has a lot to do with the fact that, shortly before Beth kills herself and the story begins, she shoots and kills an innocent person. Now, the audience knows that, whoever this woman is, she was helping Helena identify and assassinate clones, so we know she wasn't really innocent. But Art doesn't know anything about that, so from his perspective, Beth was under the influence of meds and accidentally shot an innocent woman, and he's putting his career on the line by helping her cover it up. Add to this the general weirdness of Beth not even being Beth anymore, and I can see why his patience with "Beth" is more than a little strained at the moment, despite the fact that he obviously cares about her on some level.

Yeah I get that, and maybe it would play better on rewatch, it just didn't seem very natural at the time. Like, for example, Art literally stole $75,000 from Beth, refused to give it back, and got pissed whenever she tried to bring his grand larceny. On the one hand I can see why he'd be suspicious of why Beth has that money in the first place, but it just felt a weirdly inappropriate reaction to have.

Just caught up with the show. A little uneven and some head scratching "why didn't they just do this?" moments, but overall very solid. Maslany totally lived up to all the praise I had heard.

Gah, now I gotta do the weekly waits between episodes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom