• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

The thread is now all updated.

Also there is not set rule about that whole DONT CLAIM THINGS YEARS OUT because it should be common sense, but ever since we instated it ourselves we've been mature enough to regulate it ourselves.

In the instance of Codename Steam or Xenoblade 3DS, those games are fine. Star Fox Wii U, which barely exists is not.

I'm going to go through the list tomorrow night and moderate it based on these rules because pepole just don't seem to know when to stop and keep pointing to those ridiculous entries (like Animal Crossing Wii U) as if it somehow validates their own ridiculousness.

So yeah, list is getting audited tomorrow. Any changed release dates will be moved too. Just a heads up.

Of course if a mod steps in an overrides me that's totally okay too. :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Also there is not set rule about that whole DONT CLAIM THINGS YEARS OUT because it should be common sense, but ever since we instated it ourselves we've been mature enough to regulate it ourselves.

In the instance of Codename Steam or Xenoblade 3DS, those games are fine. Star Fox Wii U, which barely exists is not.

I'm going to go through the list tomorrow night and moderate it based on these rules because pepole just don't seem to know when to stop and keep pointing to those ridiculous entries (like Animal Crossing Wii U) as if it somehow validates their own ridiculousness.

So yeah, list is getting audited tomorrow. Any changed release dates will be moved too. Just a heads up.

Thank you Nemesis_ really appreciate the hard work once again!

daydream

Banned
Just a heads-up: The Rhythm Tengoku Community Thread will go up over the next couple of days if not sooner.
Please be excited.

Thanks for your work maintaining the thread, Nemesis!

RIP my Prey 2 OT

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Does this mean my FFXIII-2, FFXIII LR and Heroes of the Storm reservations will be removed soon? I mean, they're all titles that will be released within a year or max 1 ½ year for Heroes of the Storm.

Levyne

Banned
I don't know about Heroes of the Storm, but I was under the impression that the Lightning trilogy was all going to be out on PC in fairly quick order, so I think that's fine. And we know what those games are and that they exist.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't know about Heroes of the Storm, but I was under the impression that the Lightning trilogy was all going to be out on PC in fairly quick order, so I think that's fine. And we know what those games are and that they exist.
We'll definitely get a lot of information about Heroes in 5 days (Blizzcon).

TheMoon

Okay. Just wanna point out Star Fox has an official 2015 date and was further specified by Miyamoto at E3 to be intended for a 1H 2015 release. Not much different than the other two, really. But I'm not here to argue :D

Son Of D

Does this mean my FFXIII-2, FFXIII LR and Heroes of the Storm reservations will be removed soon? I mean, they're all titles that will be released within a year or max 1 ½ year for Heroes of the Storm.

I thought XIII-2 and LR PC versions were confirmed to be on Steam before the first half of 2015 is over? If that's the case then I'd imagine they'll be fine to claim now.

So I'm doing my very first OT - for Littlebigplanet 3 - does anyone have advice for me? I really don't want to screw it up since it's a pretty important game to me and lots of others.

I have already begun typing up my post and working on collecting the text/information for it. I'm using other OTs as a reference to see what type of information I should have and collect some format ideas, and I've requested a media kit from one of the LBP designers who happens to have a GAF account (for the images).

Anyways, I think I've kind of got a decent handle on it, but if anyone wants to give me some dos or don'ts for an OT I would appreciate it.

TheMoon

So I'm doing my very first OT - for Littlebigplanet 3 - does anyone have advice for me? I really don't want to screw it up since it's a pretty important game to me and lots of others.

I have already begun typing up my post and working on collecting the text/information for it. I'm using other OTs as a reference to see what type of information I should have and collect some format ideas, and I've requested a media kit from one of the LBP designers who happens to have a GAF account (for the images).

Anyways, I think I've kind of got a decent handle on it, but if anyone wants to give me some dos or don'ts for an OT I would appreciate it.

Personally, what I look for in an OT is an overview over a game's full set of features. Supported peripherals, platform specific features, game modes, multiplayer, DLC plans, file sizes, notable options (for example lefty controls), etc. What I don't like is information squeezed into images. There have been a few OTs with paragraphs of text and useful info made to look like "artwork" which certainly looks nice on first glance but isn't very user friendly (no CTRL+F possible).

Personally, what I look for in an OT is an overview over a game's full set of features. Supported peripherals, platform specific features, game modes, multiplayer, DLC plans, file sizes, notable options (for example lefty controls), etc. What I don't like is information squeezed into images. There have been a few OTs with paragraphs of text and useful info made to look like "artwork" which certainly looks nice on first glance but isn't very user friendly (no CTRL+F possible).

Thanks. I plan on using images for the characters and headers for each section (Ie. an image that says "Features"), but the actual descriptions and information will be in text. Sounds like I'm on the right track

Roo

Thanks. I plan on using images for the characters and headers for each section (Ie. an image that says "Features"), but the actual descriptions and information will be in text. Sounds like I'm on the right track

As a side note, try to gather as much info as you can but be very specific about it.
No one likes to read walls of text so take than in mind.
Instead of something like...

GENERAL INFO:
Game is 1080p and runs at smooth 60fps. The size of the game is around 30GB and you can install it in your console. All your custom all of your previously purchased DLC and all of your collected LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 goodies will be carried forward into LittleBigPlanet 3! You will be able to bring all of your LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Level Packs straight to LittleBigPlanet 3, along with your entire wardrobe of outfits for your Sackboy or Sackgirl! Import Your Profile into LittleBigPlanet 3!
Not only is it good news for your DLC Collection because if you’re a long-time fan and have played either LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2 previously, you will be able to import all of the goodies that you have collected in those titles to use in LittleBigPlanet That’s right! Every single Costume Piece, Material, Object, Music Track and any other creative goodies that you have collected in your previous adventures with Sackboy will be able to be imported into LittleBigPlanet 3!
Your LittleBigPlanet Earth Will Join You, Too!
Finally, if you have published any LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2 levels previously, you will be able to find them on your ever-familiar LittleBigPlanet Earth within LittleBigPlanet 3 so that you can pick up exactly where you left off with your published creations.

Do something like this:
GENERAL INFO
Game is 1080p/60fps
File size: 30GB (install optional)
Game is fully backwards compatible: Purchased DLC, goodies, packs, wardrobe, costume piece, materials, objects and music from both LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 will be carried forward into LittleBigPlanet 3

TheMoon

Ah yes, great advice. Information is good but it must be easily and quickly digestible. Nobody comes to an OT wanting to read an essay :D

To add to the earlier request for tips, can any of you link to OT/ that you think were particularly good? I'd like to read some examples before I start making mine!

omlet

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread by omlet (08 November 2014).

Not to be confused with the upcoming EOII Untold OTs. Some discussion has been going on in the EOIV thread about this thread idea and some other members will be contributing.

Is this okay? Never done an OT or community thread before.

Volotaire

Just jokey, playing on the fact that Nintendo pretend it doesn't exist in the west.

I've actually been thinking hard about it, and regrettably, I have decided to withdraw from making the OT for the New Nintendo 3DS Australian launch.

Someone from Australia/NZ can do it - it will feel better that way.

Quoting this since we are getting close to the release date and no one has claimed.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Etrian Odyssey Community Thread by omlet (08 November 2014).

Not to be confused with the upcoming EOII Untold OTs. Some discussion has been going on in the EOIV thread about this thread idea and some other members will be contributing.

Is this okay? Never done an OT or community thread before.

You should be perfectly fine just as long as all relevant info is put inside of said community thread. Plus since its gaming related you should have no issues and the community appreciates it when folks announce they will be making one before hand.

Go for it since there is more than enough titles in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom