• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OT] This Winnie the Pooh Flash Game is Way Too Hard for Its Target Audience

The Owl is just the first guardian to the gates of hell.

tumblr_mg16msoFph1qk4597o1_500.jpg

Kenstar

S̷ílļy̡ Ol̀d͡ ͢Bęa͏r..̸.͢ ̴If̛ ̛the͜ ha͘r͞b͘ing͝e̢r̸ ͏of̵ ҉sprin̕g ́is̶ ̶t̛h́e͢ ͠sou̶ńd̀ of a ̡b̷at on͡ a̧ ͟b͞a͞ll҉, th̸e̛n ͠I ́h̕a̢ve ͟b͞ec͠o͡me̸ ͟t҉h̢e͏ harb̛inger ̨o͡f w͟i͠n͡ter̢;̵ a b̵a҉r̵ren̛ ̴and͡ des̢ola͘te sp̵ot ͢you̴r ̕b̕a͘t͘ ̢wi҉ll̴ n̷ev͠er͢ hit͞.̕ ̕A̛s̢ m̷y̨ b҉a͏l̕l͞ striḱe̕s t̵he ̷padd͜e҉d ̕g̡lo̢v͟e wìt̴h̢ th́e ̷d̡i͟s̕gru̷n͜t̷led fu҉r͠l of̸ ̸thirt͟y͢ ̀t̵hou̡s̵a͢nd̕ fans ̷tr̢ud͟g͞i̷ng͡ ͢o̧u̶t̴ of tḩe҉ ̵ar͡e̴n̨a͏, ̡w̵a̡tc̕hi͞n̡g̴ ͡a͢s͡ yo̸u ͏t̢hr̕ow̷ ̀do͟w͘n ̶you͡r͡ ba̧t i̕n di̶sgus̢t͏ ̕a̡nd̸ ͢ḿou͠rn͟ ̧whaţ y̡o̧u̢'̵l̡l̸ ͝n̢e͏v͟eŗ ̢be,̷ k̷n͏ơw ̛t̀his: ̢you͘ wi͞l̵l n͞eveŗ ͡d̵efeat̴ m̛e,͡ P̨oo̢h̨ B͘e͝ar.̵ ̵N͢ơt as ̨long͜ ̢a͘s ́y̡o̵u o̸r ̵I wi̴l̶l ̶live.̛.̸̸̧

I almost got all the way through it, but it just bores the heck out of me. It's not the difficulty that bothers me alone, it's the pure mind numbing rhythm of it.

Up to 31/40 against Christopher Robin.

I feel like this would be my greatest gaming achievement.

Time to take a break. I am going to the dentist to have a tooth extracted. I think I will prefer it to playing the game at this point.

Feep

Banned
Up to 31/40 against Christopher Robin.

I feel like this would be my greatest gaming achievement.

Time to take a break. I am going to the dentist to have a tooth extracted. I think I will prefer it to playing the game at this point.
Just for the record, I got 39/40 once, and then it was two months until I hit 40.

I'm confused. I've seen this pop up over the years but never bothered actually trying, just thought it was funny considering the context.

I mean, I get this is way too hard for children, but why are grown-ass adults having so much trouble with it? Do I need to keep going? People are saying they couldn't get passed stage 2, what gives?

Ok, guess I'll keep going.

I'm confused. I've seen this pop up over the years but never bothered actually trying, just thought it was funny considering the context.

I mean, I get this is way too hard for children, but why are grown-ass adults having so much trouble with it? Do I need to keep going? People are saying they couldn't get passed stage 2, what gives?
I think once you get a grip on the mechanics of the game it's easy enough to get up to say, Owl. The mechanics are a little obtuse so I get not doing well initially even against easier opponents.

Christopher Robin is the last opponent and really dicks with you. He uses any of the previous pitchers' gimmicks at random and has the highest threshold (below 80% = fail).

Don't talk until you get past owl bruh

Toxi

Banned

The difficulty jumps up massively with Owl thanks to how tricky it is to hit a home run and not just a regular hit or foul against him. Tigger is easier but still tough. And then there's Christopher Robin, who's just a horrible marathon where you need to get 80% accuracy out of 50 balls that can be anything from Rabbit's slow-fast balls to Owl's motherfuckers.

Is there a direct link to this game? When I click OP's link it only has different games and a Pooh puzzle one?

Edit: on mobile so maybe that's why?

Y'all fucking crazy. What are you even talking about.

e: ok, I mean Tigger's invisiball thing is kind of shitty, but just getting the timing down.

23 / 28 on Tigger. Lack of quick restart is the real killer. I guess it is more of an endurance thing? Motivation to continue drops rapidly when you have to finish a run that is obviously dead.

Ah, cool, looks like it keeps your progress? Nicer than I figured. Suppose I'll come back to it. You people dropping off at stage 2 need to step it up. What are you even doing with your lives? Between the green dot and the end of the bat. Get your shit together.

Sölf

Okay, I reached Owl. Managed to beat Rabbit in my first try. Owl? I probably hit enough balls to meet the treshold. But only 6 of those were homeruns, the others either flew in COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS or simply died after ~5m. The fuck Owl.

Ultimadrago

Y'all fucking crazy. What are you even talking about.

e: ok, I mean Tigger's invisiball thing is kind of shitty, but just getting the timing down.

23 / 28 on Tigger. Lack of quick restart is the real killer. I guess it is more of an endurance thing? Motivation to continue drops rapidly when you have to finish a run that is obviously dead.

Ah, cool, looks like it keeps your progress? Nicer than I figured. Suppose I'll come back to it. You people dropping off at stage 2 need to step it up. What are you even doing with your lives? Between the green dot and the end of the bat. Get your shit together.

lol.

Tigger and Owl are a See-Saw of sorts. I've seen an increasing amount of people, including myself, have considerable more trouble with one than another. Tigger was my devil, but he's very possible to nail down. Good luck!

lol.

Tigger and Owl are a See-Saw of sorts. I've seen an increasing amount of people, including myself, have considerable more trouble with one than another. Tigger was my devil, but he's very possible to nail down. Good luck!

I guess so. It does get tricky here, but not the insane sort of difficulty people make it out to be.

I mean, people realize there is a level up mechanic, right? I just can't fathom the reputation. I gave up out of the boredom of grinding, but I am sure maxed out this stuff is way more manageable.

Tigger falls like the rest of them. You're up, Chris.

Fugu

I guess so. It does get tricky here, but not the insane sort of difficulty people make it out to be.

I mean, people realize there is a level up mechanic, right? I just can't fathom the reputation. I gave up out of the boredom of grinding, but I am sure maxed out this stuff is way more manageable.

Tigger falls like the rest of them. You're up, Chris.
I find it funny how predictable the confidence in this series of posts is. Christopher is 99 percent of the challenge of this game.

Speely

Banned
I find it funny how predictable the confidence in this series of posts is. Christopher is 99 percent of the challenge of this game.

Let the dream live until it is crushed properly by the eternal darkness that is Christopher. Hubris smashes against the throne like waves against rocks.

I tried a few times and was averaging 30-35 and still have a few level ups left. I'm not sweating it. It isn't EZ but considering the memes I expected it to go full masochist. It's more my expectations were way out of whack.

A SL1 run would be something to see. If it is possible.

Speely

Banned
I tried a few times and was averaging 30-35 and still have a few level ups left. I'm not sweating it. It isn't EZ but considering the memes I expected it to go full masochist. It's more my expectations were way out of whack.

A SL1 run would be something to see. If it is possible.

You are just better than most people. Someone has to be!

Top Bottom