• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

jzbluz

Guess what's coming to Steam!
3Vkoyzx.jpg

Wow, that was fast but not very surprising. I hope doing Vita first worked out better for them than what they did with amnesia.

ShyMel

Unless they offer some kind of digital goodies to go with it, this will be the first English Hakuoki version I don't buy.

Dee Dee

I started playing Sweet Fuse and it's crazy great. It's really short, so the romance part is servicable at best, but the game is really fun.
I laugh about every night going to bed in the game: "What a harrowing experience, we really had to fight for our lives back there."

BREAK TIME ♩����������♩������

CHOOSE YOUR DATE

DATE PICKED ����������������

A+ execution there.

Also bears incredible resemblance to Danganronpa in a lot of aspects. This thing should be much more popular - I think it's 15$ or so? Perfect price.

I went with Shidou first, who is kind of the poster boy of the game? Very straight forward knight character, makes dumb as straw decisions for a living, has a gun and
gets half naked in one of the CGs.

No complaints so far!

"Get Mad / Restrain yourself" mechanic is awesome. Didn't find a single occasion yet where yelling at people gave me a disadvantage - I assume some routes might shake things up later.

I just wish the romance would be a bit more fleshed put and the cast a bit more diverse and attractive (not just physically, but from what they represent). The MC also looks reeeeaally young considering some of the hook up options.

Still a big recommendation if you're looking for something light hearted and easy.
(Didn't uncover much of the overarching mystery yet, but I don't expect this one to go full Hatoful in the secret route...)
(Which probably means it will...)

Edit: Just started Kouta Meoshi route, and I think I got diabetes. Awww.

ShyMel

For those of you with a 3DS, someone is making an RPG Maker game with otome elements using RPG Maker. I don't have my 3DS with me at the moment to look at its name, but it is on the highest rated and recommended pages. The RPG Make Player is free to download, you just need the app and a slot to download the game. The creator is still working on the game, but it seems to be coming along nicely!

Shizuka

For those of you with a 3DS, someone is making an RPG Maker game with otome elements using RPG Maker. I don't have my 3DS with me at the moment to look at its name, but it is on the highest rated and recommended pages. The RPG Make Player is free to download, you just need the app and a slot to download the game. The creator is still working on the game, but it seems to be coming along nicely!

Let us know when it's done, I'd love to give it a try!

Kirie

Where's Saph at? Both Psychedelica games are getting localized! 7Scarlet too! Just announced at AX at the Aksys panel.

Hmmm Aksys announced the Code Realize fandisc for PS4 in 2018, will probably still pick up the vita one they announced last year though if it's the same product

Kirie

IM HERE, TOO BUSY SQUEEING INTO MY PILLOW AND CAPSING AT EVERYONE.

Two of my most wanted games. I love Aksys.

I instantly thought of you when I saw the news on Twitter :p I've heard it's really good!

I have to say, it's fucking wild seeing so many otome localization announcements (thanks mostly to Aksys) in comparison to just a few years ago. I'd be ecstatic for even 1 retail release a year. Now there's so many games coming, not to mention a growing English indie scene and I can't actually afford them all lol

Saphirax

I instantly thought of you when I saw the news on Twitter :p I've heard it's really good!

I have to say, it's fucking wild seeing so many otome localization announcements (thanks mostly to Aksys) in comparison to just a few years ago. I'd be ecstatic for even 1 retail release a year. Now there's so many games coming, not to mention a growing English indie scene and I can't actually afford them all lol

Yeah, makes me happy :D. So many good otome games coming out. Also, apparently Aksys mentioned that people petitioned hard for the Psychedelica games. It's amazing what good word of mouth can do.

Kirie

Yeah, makes me happy :D. So many good otome games coming out. Also, apparently Aksys mentioned that people petitioned hard for the Psychedelica games. It's amazing what good word of mouth can do.
That's awesome! Even better is that they are bringing both games, which I think is the most surprising thing to me. The fanbase must have been incredibly vocal :D

I need to get a coalition together to beg someone to localize Ken ga Kimi lol (though it's rejet and chances would probably be near zero)

I gotta say though, I'm kind of sad that CxM isn't getting a LE :(

Saphirax

That's awesome! Even better is that they are bringing both games, which I think is the most surprising thing to me. The fanbase must have been incredibly vocal :D

I need to get a coalition together to beg someone to localize Ken ga Kimi lol (though it's rejet and chances would probably be near zero)

I gotta say though, I'm kind of sad that CxM isn't getting a LE :(

I'd love KgK! However it's an extremely long game and would probably be hell to translate. That said, XSEED is most likely working on an otome game. Then there's also someone saying a company wanted to get the fantranslation of the game (albeit for free), so who knows. Only worry would be that, if it was XSEED, if they'd bring it to vita or just port it to pc.

CxM LE would be amazing. However, if the BAW LE sells well we may end up getting LEs for the Psychedelica games!

Kirie

Huh, that's interesting about XSEED. Really curious what game it could be if they are indeed working on one.

Yeah I have KgK for vita and it's such a good game :( the language is challenging though, so I've always hoped that someone would eventually bring it over, even though it probably will never happen. Ah well.

That's true! Probably the only other game of the bunch I'd shell out extra money for for a LE honestly. Crossing my fingers!

BTA

Holy shit @ both Psychedelicas, wow!

What were the JP impressions of Bad Apple Wars, again? I'm already trying to somehow get through all of CR this month before CxM comes out, even though that's... probably not happening as is, so something coming out in September is probably not getting bought by me right away. We'll see, I guess.

jzbluz

I'm surprised that we got 3 more titles, and I'm glad they listened to fan feedback and got both Psychedelica games. I still want NinKoi, Clock Zero, and WoF, but so many otome for the vita in 2018 it's already unbelievable so I doubt we will see those. Unless Otomate ports them again to the Switch or PS4.

Holy shit @ both Psychedelicas, wow!

What were the JP impressions of Bad Apple Wars, again? I'm already trying to somehow get through all of CR this month before CxM comes out, even though that's... probably not happening as is, so something coming out in September is probably not getting bought by me right away. We'll see, I guess.

I haven't heard any effusive praise like with CM, CR, and the Psychedelica games, but it's apparently okay, although it doesn't have much romance.

I'd love KgK! However it's an extremely long game and would probably be hell to translate. That said, XSEED is most likely working on an otome game. Then there's also someone saying a company wanted to get the fantranslation of the game (albeit for free), so who knows. Only worry would be that, if it was XSEED, if they'd bring it to vita or just port it to pc.

CxM LE would be amazing. However, if the BAW LE sells well we may end up getting LEs for the Psychedelica games!

I thought that XSEED would be doing KBO, but the more time passes, the more I think they aren't working on anything.

jzbluz

Why does Bad Apple Wars get a limited edition and Collar x Malice doesn't?

Maybe PC and CM (preorder wise) did better than expected, but it's too late for them to do a LE of CM? Or maybe for some reason they expect BAW to do better than both titles?

Shizuka

Maybe PC and CM (preorder wise) did better than expected, but it's too late for them to do a LE of CM? Or maybe for some reason they expect BAW to do better than both titles?

Underwhelming. At least there's a chance we get limited editions for the Psychedelica and Code: Realize.

So just thinking out loud here.

Aksys announce localization of a tonne of otome at AX, showing they're still clearly invested in the genre and Vita as a platform, at least going into 2018 (kinda gutted the Code Realize fandisc slipped to 2018 though).

All their otome localizations are from Otomate so far.

Aksys also announce SG/ZH, a game from D3 Publisher, who have published a number of otome games in Japan.

Chance for an otome picked up by Aksys and developed by D3 in the future?

Saphirax

Aksys announce localization of a tonne of otome at AX, showing they're still clearly invested in the genre and Vita as a platform, at least going into 2018 (kinda gutted the Code Realize fandisc slipped to 2018 though).

Aksys also announce SG/ZH, a game from D3 Publisher, who have published a number of otome games in Japan.

Eh, most of D3's otome games are trash. Aksys is better off sticking with Otomate.

Saphirax

I'm just kinda interested to see how they handle their otome compared to someone like Otomate.

They port them to Steam :p. See Nightshade.

Question for everyone; which otome games would you like to see brought over? I'm thinking of making a list of a few titles. Some of the games deserve more exposure!

Dee Dee

Question for everyone; which otome games would you like to see brought over? I'm thinking of making a list of a few titles. Some of the games deserve more exposure!

Kenka Bancho Otome isn't announced for localisation yet, right?

The time has long passed, but Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side are still my absolute dream otome games, I'd buy a translated mobile port in a heart beat.

jzbluz

The only good one they have is Nightshade, which was already localized. I guess Aksys could do Storm Lover and Vitamin X and Z, but the first one was fantranslated and the other two were only ported to the 3DS.

If you're thinking of developers who have had stuff localized then 5pb, Spike Chunsoft (obviously), Kadokawa and Koei Tecmo all have otome games.

I still want Clock Zero, NinKoi, Hanayaka, Binary Star, Shirayuki, and WoF from Otomate.

My big ones are Harukanaru 6, Geten no Hana, and Angelique from Koei Tecmo; I wish they would do a Idea Factory and let someone else localize their otome games. More realistic choices would be Prince of Stride from Kadokawa and KBO.

My more unrealistic wish list would be:
Sidekicks
Ken ga Kimi
Sweet Clown
Ayakashi Gohan (although this one was already fantranslated).
Tokyo Boys
Getsuei no Kusari
Taisho Alice
Sangoku Rensenki
Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari
Kaeru Batake de Tsukamaete
Koezaru wa Akai Hana
Zettai Kaikyuu Gakuen

Taisho Mebiusline (bl)

Some of those titles are also on PC so I'm hoping at least MG will license some.

Kirie

Going to copy jzbluz here, but Koei Tecmo games have some of my favorite otome games, so those would definitely be on my top priority list.

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 (or 3 Ultimate since it just got a Vita version remaster), Geten no Hana, Angelique/Neo Angelique (though the latter is scheduled to be released later this year sometime). I'd kill for those to be brought over, and it always makes me sad that the western fanbase doesn't pay attention to any of their releases, because they are really good.

Other titles I'm personally interested in are Binary Star, Clock Zero, WoF, KBO and of course, Ken ga Kimi.

Kirie

I can't exactly remember why, but Harukanaru 3 Ultimate is supposed to have a bit of an archaic ui.

Ugh, really? What a bummer :( Guess they put most of their money into making it full voice instead lol. I've been wanting to pick it up but I'm kind of drowning in game releases as it is.. Maybe for Christmas.

jzbluz

Ugh, really? What a bummer :( Guess they put most of their money into making it full voice instead lol. I've been wanting to pick it up but I'm kind of drowning in game releases as it is.. Maybe for Christmas.

Yeah, I wanted to buy it as well but I thought it sounded too frustrating for my level of Japanese. The JP PSN has a demo if you want to try it out.

Saphirax

Alright, so I decided to make a list of the otome games I'd like to see localized. First list contains games which actually have a chance of getting brought over. The second list consists of mostly non-Otomate games that likely have a 0 to 1% chance of getting localized.

Wand of Fortune R
povvblc.png

Opening | VNDB

Lulu is a student of a magic school, but is actually a trouble student. Because of her poor magic skills and continual troubles, she was forced to transfer to a different school. She happily joined the new school, but soon discovered a shocking fact... She doesn't have an attribute as a magical girl! If she can't find her attribute before she graduates, her magic power will need to be sealed... Well, will she be able to find it...?

Clock Zero

26774.jpg

Opening | VNDB

Kurou Nadeshiko is the twelve year old daughter of some wealthy high class members. She goes to a wealthy school with her childhood friend and hopes become a doctor one day. However, every night she has a dream about being in another world. That world is full of ruins and she is ten years older. One day, a transfer student named Kaido Takato comes to her class and she gets involved in an after school extra-curricular club which they call ”Clock Zero".

Yuukyuu no Tierblade -Lost Chronicle-
keyimg.png

Opening | VNDB

3000 years in the future, after a terrible war has polluted the worlds atmosphere.

A young girl named Eve has lived in an underground shelter for a long time with only a robot AI for companionship.

When one day a guy finds her and her world starts to move again.

Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu
tumblr_inline_nsc2kwQSGS1t92o7j_500.jpg

Opening | VNDB

The heroine, Katagiri Kaede, goes to a ninja school! She lost her parents very young and her grandmother at 16, and is trying to become a ninja. She attends a local ninjutsu dojo, and one day meets the head of the Sanada Secondary Training Campus (founded by Sanada Yukimura after beating Tokugawa Ieyasu), which trains ninja. He invites her to take a ninja exam, and she agrees, transferring to the school to do a short-term study before taking the test. On her first day, she accidentally uses an advanced technique that makes her male classmates go meromero (lose their heads) over her when her heart thumps!

Hiiro no Kakera ~Omoi Iro no Kioku~
images

Opening | VNDB

The protagonist is a teenage girl (Tamaki) who revisits a small village she remembers from her childhood and gets caught up in her family's history and the supernatural dangers surrounding it.

While walking along the hillsides waiting for the person who her grandmother sent to fetch Tamaki to the village, Tamaki comes across a small, white round object which has sticks for limbs and can talk. It runs off soon after with Tamaki chasing after it. Soon Tamaki finds herself in a place where "it does not feel like the world I came from." She gets attacked by three slime creatures, and a mysterious man comes charging in to save her by clamping his hands around her body and mouth then telling her to be quiet. After the young man (Takuma) saves her he walks her to the village where her grandmother is staying. Soon after her arrival she meets with her grandmother. It's later explained that she has to continue the role of ancestor princess (Tamayori), to seal the sword Onikirimaru with the help of her five guardians.

~~~Dream List~~~

Side Kicks!
1469440250_1_1_c3f7abc427e0253abb13d5f6c20248a5.jpg

Opening | VNDB

Side Kicks: a newly established special investigation bureau within the Sakrada Police Force, located in California, designed to heighten the security of Sakrada City with their unique style of thinking and individual skill. Currently seeking additional members.

A city in California, USA — Sakrada. In recent years, the spread of a highly addictive drug, ‘Lipcode', has been causing several issues in the sunny, quiet city located on the West Coast. In order to control cases like this, the Sakrada Police Force established a new organisation — a special investigation bureau made up of members with unique styles of thinking and their idiosyncratic skills, known as the Side Kicks.

Chika, who has exceptional athletic talent.
Hibari, the profiler who possesses a way with words.
Shishiba, the quiet hacker prodigy.
Rico, gifted with photographic memory.
Tatewaki, the leader in charge of the four.

The special investigation bureau has become well-known in the city for its ground-breaking investigation methods that are unlike anything ever seen before.

One day, the heroine Inori is scouted as a new member of Side Kicks. The skill she possesses...is the mysterious ability of clairvoyant dreams.

Ken Ga Kimi
19175.jpg

Opening | VNDB

——Taking place during the early stages of the Edo period, this is Rejet's first Japanese-inspired tale. Kayo, our heroine, is the daughter of a food & tea house and is living with her father. One day, she was asked an odd favor by the Princess of Sunpu Castellan, to take her place in a marriage promenade. Because Kayo and the Princess are splitting images of each other...

Bewildered, but with her mind set, Kayo departs on her journey from Tokaido region with six samurai for bodyguards on the marriage promenade to Edo, Hakone, Mishima, up till the destination in Sunpu.

And so, the wheel of destiny begins to spin.

On the way towards Edo, she becomes caught up in youkai with destructive abilities, as well as the ‘Sword Retrieving Imperial Match' that concerns the legendary five great swords, which is really a cover for a sickening ritual being performed......

Through the criss-crossing and intertwining of paths, finally the road splits into two.
One, living with the sword in the path of war.
Two, living with you in the path of peace.

The destiny they find their way through to is......?——

Angelique Retour
4988615074271.jpg

Opening | VNDB

The universe is ruled by a queen, all planets are in their balance... but now, the power of the queen is weakening, and the universe is under the danger of destruction... a new queen is needed...

One day, Angelique Limoges, saw something in the sky... someone riding on a horse in the sky. None of her friends saw it... she is the only one who saw it, the chosen one--- the candidate of the Queen. Another candidate was Rosalia-De-Catargena. Both of them come to the Holy Land, where the Queen lives...

Juuzaengi ~Engetsu Sangokuden~ 1+2
$_1.JPG

Opening | VNDB

Set near the end of the Han Dynasty, the Han reign is now plagued by corruption, hardship and unrest - including the rebellion movement by the Yellow Turban rebels. Far away from human conflict is an isolated community of Maozoku living deep in the mountains, whom are said to be the descendants of a youkai, Kinme, which raged the lands years ago. As a result, they're shunned and discriminated by humans and given the derogatory name ”Jyuuza" which makes a reference to the cats being the 13th animal left out of the 12 zodiac signs – despicable creatures left out by humans, animals, and the world alike.
Among the Maozoku lives Kan U, a half-human and half-Maozoku and strives to do her best to make up for her origins. She's now a reliable pillar of support and everyone only wishes to continue to live peacefully – that is till the day Sou Sou, an ambitious general, leads his army into their hidden village on a search for the Yellow Turban rebels. Accused of hiding the rebels, they have little choice but to be pulled into an unreasonable agreement to fight for him and defeat the rebels in order to prove their innocence.
Hence, Kan U and the Maozoku are thrown into an era of conflict, and this sets the stage for Jyuuzaengi's Three Kingdoms story.

Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Repeat LOVE
Opening | VNDB

Find a boy and shape him into an idol. Saotome Academy is a school for all aspiring idols and performance artist. You are Nanami Haruka, one of the talented composers who squeezed into the school. All these school idols have a one purpose, they are to sign with a production company and debut.

Find the voice who could bring out the life in your songs. All the boys are potential stars, you have to draw out their full potential and their soft sides.

~~~~~
Some honorable mentions: Kenka Bancho Otome, Taisho Alice, Geten No Hana, KLAP.

WoF R, Tierblade and CZ stand a pretty good chance of being localized...if enough people request them. I know quite a few people want CZ and Tierblade, but I'm not sure about WoF. Good to see I'm not the only one who wants that game :D.

jzbluz

Juuzaengi is Otomate so it has chance. I'm surprised Aksys hasn't localized CZ since the game is well regard and it even had a thread on the old Aksys forums dedicated to it. I wonder if they're avoiding the older ports on purpose.

Saphirax

Juuzaengi is Otomate so it has chance. I'm surprised Aksys hasn't localized CZ since the game is well regard and it even had a thread on the old Aksys forums dedicated to it. I wonder if they're avoiding the older ports on purpose.

I know it's by otomate, but the vita port contains both games and they're both 50+ hours long. Don't see anyone bringing it over. Although I'd be happy to be proven wrong :p.

Based on those descriptions, I'd potentially be interested in Clock Zero; Yuukyuu no Tierblade and Side Kicks. And Angelique, just because I've heard so much about it.

The rest sound... ehh.

Top Bottom