• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Christmas theme and Arena references found in sound files

I want this

m7j3pE0.jpg

As a skin for Winston. It just makes sense.

Also who is getting the inevitable Santa and/or Mrs Claus skin?

i would bet in:

Mei - Santa
Winston - Grinch
Pharah - Rudolph
Soldier - Tin Soldier

Auctopus

Rheinhart - Santa
Mercy - Santa'a Little Helper
Solider 76 - Ugly Christmas Jumper
Reaper - Jack Frost

It'd be cool if they could get some Kwanzaa stuff in there.

Vex_

Banned
Is nothing a surprise anymore? Geez you guys.... Maybe blizzard wanted this to be a surprise? Ever think of that? Huh?

Paltheos

Currently have 3545 coins waiting for this event.

If the Halloween event is any indicator, event items cost 3x that class' base cost (so 750 coins for epics, 3000 for legendaries) Still a relatively high drop rate for them though, and still better than the Summer event which outright forbid you from buying items.

Apathy

It doesn't matter that she's already had a Seasonal skin, we're getting a Santa's Little Helper Mercy skin because it will fund a new wing at Blizzard HQ.

Her outfits print money, and no one plays her.

They are going to stick her in a sexy Mrs Claus outfit, and we'll all go after it

If Mei doesn't get a skin in this event I'm going to be very grumpy, she didn't get anything in the previous ones. Guess I'll be buying lootboxes again though, I had over 3k saved but then bought a legendary skin for Sombra (and never use her, since nobody has a clue how to capitalise on anything you do).

Mupod

You know, I was playing HOTS again lately for the Genji bribe and it's funny how their Overwatch character skins are better than the skins those characters actually have.

Also Torb santa almost seems too obvious.

mollipen

Her outfits print money, and no one plays her.

;_;

Agreed. Just look at this Spectre Tracer:

or Thunder Guard Zarya:

Those are both awful. Ugh. Keep that kind of stuff far away from Overwatch please.

And then mollipen will show up with a pharmercy fanfic about cosplaying she found on some corner of the internet and we'll be like "uuuuh" and shortly after we'll inject it into our veins.

...I don't know why you would say something that that. I'd never do such a thing.

HxqOYcY.png

I want this

m7j3pE0.jpg

As a skin for Winston. It just makes sense.

Also who is getting the inevitable Santa and/or Mrs Claus skin?

This makes way more sense than Santa Winston.

And whoever said Reinhardt would make the best Santa I definitely agree with that.

Gurrry

Pretty sure a bad sweater Solider 76 skin is a lock.

I think id also like to see a Roadhog with a candy cane hook.

The arena stuff must be a christmas brawl or tied to the 1v1/3v3 modes. Whatever it is, it sounds intense.

Really like the christmas theme music. Events seem to be 3 weeks in length so I guess 2nd week of dec.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Agreed. Just look at this Spectre Tracer:

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/2/29/Tracer_Spectre_2.jpg[img]

or Thunder Guard Zarya:

[img]https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/c/c5/Zarya_Thunder_Guard_3.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Those look fucking terrible.

Luigi87

If the Halloween event is any indicator, event items cost 3x that class' base cost (so 750 coins for epics, 3000 for legendaries) Still a relatively high drop rate for them though, and still better than the Summer event which outright forbid you from buying items.

Indeed.
Ultimately the coins are meant for a last minute purchase if I don't unlock what I want (IE: I basically unlocked Witch Mercy in a loot box at the eleventh hour, lol)

Isomac

I want Christmas tree Lucio. I also want big white beard for Reinhardt. Would be cool to have something for Dva and Zarya too.

You know, I was playing HOTS again lately for the Genji bribe and it's funny how their Overwatch character skins are better than the skins those characters actually have.

Also Torb santa almost seems too obvious.
Tracer has some of the best and most consistent skins in the game, you take that back.

Maximo

Well, Zarya could always use another legendary skin that gets rid of her hairstyle, I.e. the most definable/unique thing about her design.

The skin color variant looks better, its over designed but I like the idea for it, would love for Zarya to have something similar with her gun shooting out lighting.

jediyoshi

They're just more flagrant. Since it's an overhead view, the designs have to be more cartoon-y and exaggerated to be noticed in the first place. They wouldn't scale at all to what they look like in HoTS back into Overwatch.

Top Bottom