• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch competitive mode out today on PC, next week on consoles

R0ckman

Is this your opinion or has Blizzard said something about not doing the patch?

No they reaponded to a topic where someone did a number cruntch and said they would be watching him. I don't see why they would nerf him on consoles, if they are planning to watch what people have brought up.

rSpooky

Well that went down the drain fast. First game lost..ok no biggie. Then won 2 with some good matches. I should have stopped there. But nooooo. 3 incredible shitty losses with shitth teams. Oh and I figured some communication would happen in this mode.. Nope nada.. Well my stats are tanked now. Going at it solo (friends are on vacation) suuucka..lol.
Gonna be a long ride im afraid.

Mupod

match 1: team that refused to pick tank or support, ended match with golds in every category...with 5 kills
match 2: won round 1, looked like the enemy team was going to take round 2, guy on my team ragequits right before I get a quad kill and take the point. Rest of my team leaves, solo me vs entire full team...

yeah don't think I'll be wasting my time with this until I have friends online.

rSpooky

I just want a bitch and moan (QQ) thread..lol

I was losing my mind and filled up another swearjar.. I have reached battlefield rage levels..haha.. ( yelling helps me cope and keep calm on the inside)

Renmyra

I honestly feel like they should at least double the minimum level. Or require people to have played at least 5 heroes more than 3 hours.

rSpooky

match 1: team that refused to pick tank or support, ended match with golds in every category...with 5 kills
match 2: won round 1, looked like the enemy team was going to take round 2, guy on my team ragequits right before I get a quad kill and take the point. Rest of my team leaves, solo me vs entire full team...

yeah don't think I'll be wasting my time with this until I have friends online.
Not near my pc to lookup my battlenet id right now but feel free to share yours and ill group if you are on.

TaterTots

Banned
I can't wait for all the butthurt from not playing the game right.

I'm level 20 something and I'm already seeing it turn from passive aggressive to downright aggressively mean.

I love it.

Then you meet someone that isn't passive and then you say, "I'm calling the cops."

Love GAF. It's a lose lose.

saskuatch

does it match pub qs with groups? I get groups that think on defense you need to have 3 torbjorns or on offense just have 4 tanks no healers....

Frumix

Suffering From Success
does it match pub qs with groups? I get groups that think on defense you need to have 3 torbjorns or on offense just have 4 tanks no healers....

It tries to have a balanced number of premades.
If you have a premade of 2, the enemy team should also have a premade of 2.
It could be like 3+2+1 versus 3+2+1.
But I heard of people getting matched solo against an entire 6 premade, not sure how true that is though, all games I've seen were numerically balanced.

BokehKing

Banned
Bring it on, I have not played on weeks because I want to jump into games were people actually go for objectives, heal, etc etc. I'll have to check for a ps4 gafgroup

saskuatch

Anyone try solo? Hehehe

I did solo competitive on PC, the teams seemed to be worst then the regular games. It also seems that a lot of people who played only a little bit then stopped have started just to try competitive. I dunno how but I keep getting stuck on teams like 3 torbjorns, 2 junkrats, 1 mei and me as a lucio. And the other team is well balanced classes.....

Your rank is based on more than just team wins/losses.

60 is pretty high, too.

What is it based on then? I usually end up playing Reinhardt because people don't play tanks. Which usually nets us a win, but it means I usually don't end up with a lot of gold medals or anything. Currently I'm 4 wins/0 losses

egruntz

shelaughz
No consistency in the maps in this mode. WTF.

Numbani... Capture point A and win the round.
Volskaya... Capture A and B and get 2 points that same round.

Anyone have the explanation?

What is it based on then? I usually end up playing Reinhardt because people don't play tanks. Which usually nets us a win, but it means I usually don't end up with a lot of gold medals or anything. Currently I'm 4 for 4.

I think the more gold medals and votes the better your ranking. I finished 9-1 and only had a 59 ranking but I played only zarya because my team needed a tank

Ayumi

At least there will be less angry teenagers in Quick Play now (not that it's a huge issue). And if I see one yelling at everyone, I'm ready to tell him to go play Competitive Mode instead.

I think the more gold medals and votes the better your ranking. I finished 9-1 and only had a 59 ranking but I played only zarya because my team needed a tank

That's so stupid. Even if you're an amazing tank you aren't getting voted up and you aren't getting many gold medals that's not your job. (It's pretty much considered common courtesy to vote up the healer unless there's some amazing player)So basically going Roadhog is your best bet as a tank to maximize healing/dmg and try to get medals even if it's not what your team needs.

No consistency in the maps in this mode. WTF.

Numbani... Capture point A and win the round.
Volskaya... Capture A and B and get 2 points that same round.

Anyone have the explanation?

I'm assuming the enemy attacked 1st on Numbani and didn't capture point A, which would mean if you captured point A, you win by default.

I believe points are awarded based on how many points you capture, so on Anubis or Volskaya, if you capture point A only, you get 1 point, point B, is 2 points.

Also those two maps function differently, one is hybrid, the other is pure CP

KarmaCow

Why does it go to sudden death if both teams cap in payload? The game even makes note of the time it took each team. I assume it does the same dumb thing in CP Attack/Defend as well.

AaronMT86

5-5, rank 56

These matches are all super sweaty but I'm having fun. Whichever Zarya has her ult up at the end usually wins it.

Blizzard

Banned
Eww, we played Temple of Anubis for the first time.

Unlike the rest of the maps we played, it had some really weird time thing -- you're basically stuck on it for something like 15-20 minutes until one team runs out of time, no matter how many points one side gets.

ramyeon

What is it based on then? I usually end up playing Reinhardt because people don't play tanks. Which usually nets us a win, but it means I usually don't end up with a lot of gold medals or anything. Currently I'm 4 for 4.
Your individual performance. I'm sure I heard that you can actually rank up even if your team loses overall.

SugarDave

Ranked is intense, and my hands are killing now after 3 wins and 3 losses. My first one was a Nepal match that went on for at least 45 minutes, the overtime was ridiculous.

Defuser

I played one match and won but luckily the random team I have were aggressive and kept on contesting the points. But damn it was intense shit because everybody aren't fucking around, I never seen overtime being drawn out that long.

Yeah I think I'm gonna play Lucio for majority of the rank matches so I don't get blamed often by salty randoms.

>:)

Well this quickly turned into this
XwPTe4G.jpg

4 games in, and in no short order

"WTF team?! You guys are the fucking worst i've ever played with!" (Who was saying this? You guessed it,
Widowmaker
, who had a 98% accuracy rate against the air)

"Why even play if you guys aren't gonna try?!?"

"Why did you pick [Insert hero here that Glorious Leader DOES NOT agree with, in his 20 part flawless strategy]? This is fucking competitive you Hillary supporter!"

"Can the non mic users switch to support? You fuckers aren't doing anything useful anyway!"

But hey, gotta get that GOLD right? :)

Cynn

No they reaponded to a topic where someone did a number cruntch and said they would be watching him. I don't see why they would nerf him on consoles, if they are planning to watch what people have brought up.

Thanks for the info man! I personally hope McCree stays as-is on consoles.

ramyeon

Didn't the patch notes for XB1 leak and they included the nerf of Widowmaker and McCree?

Top Bottom