• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Cherry Bomb

Neo Member
Wait, so liek, 0uro wasn't a cop? 0_o

He knew that both V and Zeke were baddies apparently, so either he had some srsly 1337 reads or someone granted him the powers of a cop or at least shared insight... •_•

This kinda changes everything, lol. Gonna go back and check over yesterday's accusations with this info in mind before rocketjumping to conclusions ^_^/

Burbeting

Banned
So Zeke came out to defend Verelios most likely due to Vere's power. I think we can safely assume that Vere had not used his shot yet, why would have Zeke come out to the fire.

Sophia

Because somehow Ouro must've known he was the real WM, and fakeclaimed to draw him out to defend the role / his scum buddy.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Zeke might have been trying to earn town points too. After all, Ouro legitimately wasn't Widowmaker, and we would have seen that on the flip. It wouldn't have cleared him in town's eyes, but it would have been brushed off until Verelios flipped at least.

But how did Ouro know Verelios was scum????

The million dollar question, isn't it?

Burbeting

Banned
From yesterday:

Ourobolus (5)
EzekelRAGE
*Splinter
Haly
franconp
Cherry Bomb

Was Zeke the only scum trying to actively save Verelios? Pretty sure some scum either lied low or voted on Vere, but there might be something here as well.

Tunneling on his suspicions from day 1, and then claiming cop because someone, I forget who was like "are you saying you're the cop?" He probably figured that he could eat a scum bullet 2 to protect some other investigation role as a bonus.

Damn. You're probably right. Ouro u da man

Splinter, why did you defend Zeke so hard yesterday?

The obvious place to look next is probably those that were pushing a vote between ouro and ezekel. If Verelios survived one more night then he could at least use his shield thing to keep his buddied safe before he was inevitably lynched later.

...Why would scum kill Zeke, and not Ouro. I can't understand this logic at all.
giphy.gif

Scum killing their own team-mate over a claimed doctor would be hilariously stupid.
1. Scum can't kill themselves voluntarily
2. Zeke went so deep trying to protect Verelios you could make the joking argument he was going to die anyway so scum just did it to get it over with

cabot

New potential theory :

Ouros claim and subsequent call out of vere has scum crap themselves, vere is the strong man. If he dies, it's unlikely scum can kill Ouro tonight. Scum get desperate and scum eze counter claims to try and save strong man vere to waste cop Ouro.

I love theories.

OK, post Verelios flip and his ridiculous power, I was ready to gloat on being mostly right on this. Ouro's flip and reveal of his pretty delightfully bold gambit changed things. Good job, buddy.

So here's my current thinking:

4, potentially 5-person scum team:

Verelios - Scum 1-shot Super Doc
EzekelRAGE - Scum Sniper

My current strong scum candidates:

Cherry Bomb
Sophia

Potential 5th candidates / strong scum leans:

Barrylocke
*Splinter

Light scum:

Ty4on
AB

alarming null reads on D3:

Bronx-Man
Haly

Cherry Bomb - Kyan laid the groundwork here, playing completely as normal and not being very helpful, not even placing a vote D1. Cherry Bomb I gave a chance on D2, but her summary post wasn't particularly informative, and it ended with a vote on the cop claim, which out of the three targets was definitely the weakest.

I'll say it right now since I didn't clearly yesterday: I didn't buy Zeke's claim one bit. This is why I was willing to go for Verelios as opposed to the counter claim.

Now *Splinter also set up shop on the Ouro lynch train, but right now I'm sort of conflicted how I read that. Vere was powerful, powerful enough to buy Zeke counter claiming to keep him alive one more night, but I don't buy scum *Splinter also trying to save Verelios, and going for Ouro instead of Zeke, having 2 scum try to protect 1. That's not a good trade off. Also *Splinter has shown before to be really stubborn and really wrong at the same time, so there's a decent chance that's the case again here.

I'm still pretty iffy on *Splinter, but where the day ended yesterday I was absolutely certain he was scum, so it's progress from then at least.

Android Sophia - I've been sort of flip flopping on Sophia, her behaviour at D1 end was scummy, where she was really trying to rid herself of responsibility for her vote. Unfortunately, not the first time she's done this and not a scum flag for her. Couple of things in D2 switched this around:

1)

She never voted on Verelios, despite there being significant periods of time where he was outside of turbo. She does state she'd like to see Vere go first though:

Hmm.... this is tough.

I want to see Verelios lynched first simply because Ezekel is trying to push so hard for lynching Ouro first.

Yet at the same time, the description of Ouro's ability seems off slightly. Although it's not implausible that Widowmaker could be a cop. Hmm..

Yup, clear as mud. Even though she sort of backtracks on her decision in the same post, it's the closest I see to a hard stance on the subject.

2)

In order from earliest to latest:

Was she scum there? I can't remember.

TBH, another person I don't have a strong read on is cabot. But I'm not sure I have time to go look through him at this rate.

Throwing shade without having evidence handy? Lovely.

Speaking of people.... cabot, nin, and now Verelios on the Ynnek train?

My vote for ynnek was clear, I had listed why he was a lynch candidate before and was frustrated by his response with the No Lynch idea. I don't really know why I'm being linked with nin and Vere.

Yeah, I admit it's weak, unfortunately. :(

Besides Mazre and Haly, I'd like to hear more from Cabot and did like how he stepped it up today with the questions. Kind of waiting to have a long convo with him, actually.

Other events got in the way here, but I don't know the wording here seems off, as if she's waiting for me to be here. It's alright, I'm mostly here. Just chat away.

It's hard to say who I'd vote for right now, because the results of the Ouro/Zeke/Verelios triangle would significantly impact my reads.

For example, if say Ezekel flipped scum, I'd want to look at Barrylocke who has had his vote there in two spots. On the other hand, if Verelios flipped scum, I'd want to look at cabot who had his vote on him on Day 1.

Don't know what this is. I had voted Verelios for a period of time on D1, because I scum read him, much like D2 with the added backup of a cop claim + red check. I ended the day on Ynnek and it was there for quite a bit before deadline.

It just feels like little throwaway comments to build shade for some almighty turn on me being a lynch target. The last post was made after nin claimed to have green checked me, which is fine. She could be thinking scum nin is clearing scum cabot, but there hasn't been a lot of sneaky suspicion thrown much his way aside from that train comment at the start.

As for the other Ouro voters, I still feel mostly good about franconp, he explained his thinking for Ouro clearly and while I disagree with the vote, I could see how he got there. There's a genuine eagerness to get to the truth I read from his posts that still has him as a solid town read.

Haly is all a bit of an unknown, he hinted to seeing something overnight but never elaborated. Perhaps it's time to do so.

Burbeting

Banned
The obvious place to look next is probably those that were pushing a vote between ouro and ezekel. If Verelios survived one more night then he could at least use his shield thing to keep his buddied safe before he was inevitably lynched later.

Lynching Ouro would have given at least neutral points to Zeke as well, since scum knew Ouro wasn't Widowmaker.

cabot

That's my ramblings, I guess I'll start with the easy question.

Sophia, why didn't you vote for Verelios when you said that's what you wanted to do?

Sophia

She never voted on Verelios, despite there being significant periods of time where he was outside of turbo. She does state she'd like to see Vere go first though:
That's my ramblings, I guess I'll start with the easy question.

Sophia, why didn't you vote for Verelios when you said that's what you wanted to do?

Sorian was at Fanfest (which I was also watching via live stream) and he's doing manual votes. I erred on the side of caution to avoid hammering the vote, because I wanted to discuss and didn't know how close we were at majority.

The vote was promptly hammered while I was sleeping, so I didn't get a chance to vote for him.

franconp

Everyone remembers when I said that maybe Ouro was crazy and had a grudge against Vere? Well I was right. And reaaaaaaally lucky. He claimed WM and catches Eze too? Reaaaaaaaaaaally lucky.

I have some info related to the first night no kill which I will share when I get home.

Alright so
It's time for another one of my patent-pending Theories
Buckle up, ladies and gentlemen!
--------------------------------------------
I believe that the neutral is working against Town and might even be a killing role
My reasoning behind this is that last night, Ouro likely protected himself. After Verelios's flip, there was 0% chance he wouldn't get heat from Scum as they aren't gonna let a cop claim that lead to a lynch of one of their own go unpunished.
However, Ouro's power states that his vest was a 1-shot BP, so I think that both the neutral and the mafia tried to kill him, while a town vig killed Zeke
Another possibility is that the neutral is not a killing role and mafia strongkilled Ouro, who protected himself

*Splinter

So then. How about that, Splinter? You defended two scum members yesterday.
Don't even start, you ignored a counterclaim in favour of a gut read.

If yesterday had been Ouro v Zeke I'd happily go for the safe option, but so many people refusing to look at that had me convinced that Ouro was scum.

Burbeting

Banned
Here are all of the Ourobolus votes:

Gaf works a little better on mobile.

Uhm, idk what game Ouro is playing but he is full of shit. I'm widowmaker, town.

Vote: Ourobolus

I'm guessing he is a lyncher or something since he can't be town if he was willing to die to lynch Vere and lie about his name.

will be home in around 4 hours to go into more detail.

Lynch Ouro, if he is Widow then we lynch me, then vere. Since Ouro was so tunneled on him for such a minor reason.

We should have a good idea of Zeke's motives here. It was both to save Verelios, and to make him look towny even if Ouro flipped town, since Zeke was actually the Widowmaker. It was a plan that would most likely result into both him and Verelios being lynched in the long run, but it would have bought scum time for sure, since Vere and Zeke both could have used their powers.

Then push for Verelios happens, then some light push backwards, and then

Ok thanks, it kind of sounded like it from context but wanted to check.

Also I don't have a vig shot, so you're all free to vote. Although, if you do want to vote for Verelios you might have my vote tomorrow because what the fuck are you people doing??

VOTE: Ourobolus

We have two widowmaker claims. Lynch one.

Like cabot, I feel diversive about *Splinter. I feel that he was sincere in his frustration yesterday, and I could see his viewpoint in things, even if lynching ouro would have lead town to a pretty disastrous N2, judging by Zeke's and Vere's flips. But on the other hand, he definitely did his best to change yesterday into Ouro vs Zeke narrative, something scum definitely would have wanted.

Haly had been a very non-presense in D2, only posting small posts, and not even very many of those. He first voted Verelios, citing "extra info" he has, something now Fran is claiming to have as well. But he then switches his vote to Ouro anyway, even though he has claimed Vere to be lying. Strange.

I'm back for the day. I think I have read all so I will try to lay the possibilities here:

1) We lynch Vere:

A- He flips town: That means that Ouro lied to us. I don't think he can be scum as it is a ridiculous plan with nothing to gain so could be a neutral lyncher who targers Vere. If this is the case he accomplish his mission and wins, so he is out of the game too. That means that Eze didn't lie about his role and he is the widowmaker (it means nothing about his aligment). Or Ouro is town who have a beef against Vere and he should be lynched by stupidity.

B- He flips scum: We lynch a scum, which it's great. Ouro can really be a cop, another scum throwing Vere under the bus for credibility or a neutral. Either way he must be still under the light because of the role thing. Now we would have both Ouro and Eze with the same role name. We could lynch either one of them to get things straight.

2) We lynch Ouro:

A- He flips town: There are several possibilities here:
A1- He flips cop and widowmaker: Vere is really scum and Eze was lying so we should lynch both.
A2- He flips cop but not widowmaker: Vere is really scum and Eze was right about is role (we still don't know his aligment).
A3- He flips widowmaker but not cop: We don't know if Vere is scum but we are sure Eze is lying so he should be lynched.
A4- He flips neither cop nor widowmaker: This is the worst scenario as we gain nothing. I think it's the least possible because the only logic for this is that Ouro is bored and just shitposting.

B- He flips scum: Great, we got a scum!!! We gain nothing on Vere as he could be of any aligment. If Ouro flips WM then Eze is lying and he should be lynched, if the doesn't Eze is really the WM but we still don't know his aligment.

C- He flips neutral: That means we stopped Ouro from fulfilling his winning condition. We don't know anything about Vere and can confirm is Eze is really the WM or not (aligment pending)

3) We lynch Eze:

A- He flips town: This doesn't really tell us much about anything. Vere could be scum or not. We could know if Ouro is lying about the role name but we don't know if he is a cop or not, and he could be either scum, cop or neutral.

B- He flips scum: Great, one scum less!!! We still don't know about Vere, he could be either one. We still don't know about Ouro except if he is lying about his role name.

Maybe I'm missing something so if anyone could help it would be great.

I think our best option here would be lynching Ouro. It would gives us more info that the other 2. The only problem would it be if the really is the cop but as he roleclaimed D2 and will be a mayor scum target this night phase I think he doesn't really care for the one scum for a cop situation.

I think Fran had the best arguments when he voted Ouro. He definitely thought things through, and even had a vote on Verelios before making his judgement here. That makes me give him town-points, even though a scum could easily make this post as well.

Ok, I'm mostly caught up and I can see 2wo sides to this issue (ง •̀_•́)ง

On the 1ne hand, 0uro seems h311a suspicious. 1st he claims a role that apparently Zeke has, then (j0ke?)claims one that's already dead. I dunno why he'd do this buuuut it is tr00 that he might've been trying to b8t the real Widowmaker (in which case Zeke fell right in2 his trap) (;*△*;)

In the end, I think it comes down to 0uro vs. Zeke. It's possible 0uro knows that Widow is a baddie and used that info to bait out a confession, in which case we should lynch Zeke. 0n the 0ther hand, 0uro could just be a lyncher out to kill Widow in which case we should frag him before he can do anything shady (telling people to specifically target Zeke tonight does s33m pretty 'spish tbh honest) 【・ヘ・?】

I think 4 now I'm going 2

Vote: Ourobolus

but I'm k33pin' meye eye on you, Zeke! (/(°∞°)\)

I don't like this vote by Cherry. Like Splinter, she ignored Verelios, and makes the issue completely about Ouro vs Zeke, which is the point of view scum would have loved to spin.

cabot

Sorian was at Fanfest (which I was also watching via live stream) and he's doing manual votes. I erred on the side of caution to avoid hammering the vote, because I wanted to discuss and didn't know how close we were at majority.

The vote was promptly hammered while I was sleeping, so I didn't get a chance to vote for him.

Ouro responds to Bronx, regarding vote count on Verelios.

Kingkitty unvoted
Franconp switched to me
Ty voted for Verelios

32 minutes later, ya posted:

Sorian isn't the kind of person to write game hints in the flavor text.

"Heroes" is quite literally a generic term for the playable characters of Overwatch. That's all.

giphy.gif

That's a miss alright, though I still think at the point you were posting, almost everyone had posted regarding the issue.

You were very apprehensive of your vote two days in a row.

I'll accept 'Sorian Sorian'd my vote power' as a reason.

cabot

Everyone remembers when I said that maybe Ouro was crazy and had a grudge against Vere? Well I was right. And reaaaaaaally lucky. He claimed WM and catches Eze too? Reaaaaaaaaaaally lucky.

I have some info related to the first night no kill which I will share when I get home.

You're taking away too much from Ouro, he made a bold play and went with his gut.

I should know, because I went with my gut too!

Burbeting

Banned
The quote says Widowmaker was killed via an arrow and that "the superior sniper won". That would suggest she was killed by Hanzo.

Flavor is not indicative of anything.

Don't even start, you ignored a counterclaim in favour of a gut read.

If yesterday had been Ouro v Zeke I'd happily go for the safe option, but so many people refusing to look at that had me convinced that Ouro was scum.

It was a judgement made by experience. I went through this in detail yesterday, and I don't wish to return to it any more, when we have more treads to discover. But I will say scum would have loved to make yesterday a Ouro v Zeke battle, and I don't doubt they tried to spin it that way.

Top Bottom