• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Verelios

It's taking every last bit of my power to resist voting for Splinter for being such an ASSHOLE in Pokemon. But I won't. Because unlike SOME PEOPLE, I am going to be the BIGGER MAN.

FUCK
YOU
GUYS
Ouch, yeah that was rough.

Slightly wary of Splinter since he's good at redirection.

Sophia

I don't get it. Wouldn't a role call be good if scum had no fake claims?

Maybe later on, perhaps? I can't see what good it does us right now, assuming we're talking about a name call (I.E. "I'm Junkrat!" "I'm Genji!" "I'm Mercy!") and not a gameplay role call. Especially if Sorian is a man of his word and flavor is just flavor.

Now if Ouro meant an actual gameplay role call, that's different.

Ty4on

I kinda like Burb's contributions. Seems very eager to read people and they're short and concise reads.

*puts Burb as top scum*

I town read him for those of you not getting the reference :p

Ourobolus

Banned
Maybe later on, perhaps? I can't see what good it does us right now, assuming we're talking about a name call (I.E. "I'm Junkrat!" "I'm Genji!" "I'm Mercy!") and not a gameplay role call. Especially if Sorian is a man of his word and flavor is just flavor.

Now if Ouro meant an actual gameplay role call, that's different.
I meant character roll call

Ynnek7

Heya, everyone! I mentioned it in a previous game, but Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my busiest days offline, so I'll probably relegate major posts for late at night, EST.

Current thoughts, though:

If I'm remembering correctly, there are 10 players with whom this is my first game, 1-9 and 12. (On mobile, so I won't type them all out). They're mostly blind spots to me right now, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on them for anything that seems odd. The only one who sticks out to right away is EzekielRAGE. As others have pointed out, he did pretty well in previous games as both town and scum.

Out of everyone who I have played with, Barry is still a blank to my since he didn't last long in Pokemon. I might be wrong, but I think the only person on that list that has been Scum in a previous game was *Splinter, so at least there I have something to go off of with a read later on.

Ourobolus

Banned
As for later on, if we determine that, say, a Scum Strongman existed, we could look for a Roadhog or something. Of course that's all meta depending on how Sorian the roles are.

Ty4on

Out of everyone who I have played with, Barry is still a blank to my since he didn't last long in Pokemon. I might be wrong, but I think the only person on that list that has been Scum in a previous game was *Splinter, so at least there I have something to go off of with a read later on.

I think most of them have been scum. I was scum in Danny Phantom.

As for later on, if we determine that, say, a Scum Strongman existed, we could look for a Roadhog or something. Of course that's all meta depending on how Sorian the roles are.

It makes sense, but there's also no way to confirm who is scum out of the champion roster and who is not.

Like, there's no clear cut "good guys" or "bad guys", outside of maybe a few. The best we can do is to assume PR's based on the champion, not their alignment.

Ourobolus

Banned
It makes sense, but there's also no way to confirm who is scum out of the champion roster and who is not.

Like, there's no clear cut "good guys" or "bad guys", outside of maybe a few. The best we can do is to assume PR's based on the champion, not their alignment.
Well right, hence why I said "later on." We should be able to figure out some stuff as the game goes on.

Ynnek7

Ah I see.

Before you go, how would you describe your own playstyle? From both sides if you've played them both.

I've been Town and Neutral in my previous games. In both of them I was less active than I wanted to be, but managed to use that as an advantage when I was Neutral. Still don't trust my own reads on people, so I tend to put a lot of stock in what others point out (all the while understanding how dangerous that is for Town, thanks to Nin in our last game).

Ynnek7

Also, another possible reason for not character claiming: If this is anything like the few games of Overwatch that I've played then there could be a bunch of duplicates, lol.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count:

*Splinter (1)
nin1000

nin1000 (1)
Haly

Ynnek7 (1)
cabot

Kyanrute (0)
Burbeting

12 votes for majority
red_1476385200.png

*Splinter

Heroes List:
1) Haly [m]
2) Xamtheking [m]
3) Burbeting [m]
4) Mazre [m]
5) franconp [m]
6) AbsolutBro [m]
7) cabot [m]
8) Ouro [m]
9) EzekelRAGE [m]
10) Bronx-Man [m]
11) Sophia [f]
12) WhereAreMahDragonz [f]
13) Ty4on [m]
14) TheGoddamn [m]
15) *Splinter [m]
16) Kyanrute [m]
17) nin1000 [m]
18) StanleyPalmtree [m]
19) Verelios [m]
20) melonrabbit [f]
21) Ynnek7 [m]
22) Barrylocke [m]

*Rolls Dice*

Vote:*Splinter

tell me about you
Excellent choice nin, because as you know if there's one thing I like to talk about, it's me.

*Splinter

Excellent choice nin, because as you know if there's one thing I like to talk about, it's me.
Like do you remember that time I wrote a 3000 word essay for my self-read? Do you remember that thing of beauty? That work or art? That magnum opus?

Man, that was a thing

*Splinter

Like do you remember that time I wrote a 3000 word essay for my self-read? Do you remember that thing of beauty? That work or art? That magnum opus?

Man, that was a thing
Speaking of which, did you know that masterpiece was written to be read in 2 voices? I don't know how clearly it came across, hell I'm not a writer, but it's in there if you look close.

*Splinter

Speaking of which, did you know that masterpiece was written to be read in 2 voices? I don't know how clearly it came across, hell I'm not a writer, but it's in there if you look close.
Like I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out, now that I've mentioned it.

So anyway there was the first voice, a sober examination of my Mafia feats and achievements, laying bare my epic gambits for all the chucklefucks to see, and there was the other voice, the excitable one, with the no-holds-barred "best fkn Mafia player in the world" shtick

*Splinter

Like I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out, now that I've mentioned it.

So anyway there was the first voice, a sober examination of my Mafia feats and achievements, laying bare my epic gambits for all the chucklefucks to see, and there was the other voice, the excitable one, with the no-holds-barred "best fkn Mafia player in the world" shtick
And obviously you know it now but it like alternated with each paragraph, so say all the odd paragraphs were one voice and all the even paragraphs were the other voice.

You know like my power? I was the odd night commuter, it was kind of a late breadcrumb that didn't need to exist but I did it anyway.

Kinda neat, huh?

The following people I never played with before and have nothing to base any opinion whatsoever on them-- nice to meet you. Unless you’re scum.

1) Haly [m]
4) Mazre [m]
5) franconp [m]
6) AbsolutBro [m]
9) EzekelRAGE [m]

Oh, I guess technically I could add Barrylocke and Bronx-Man to the above as well.

Suspect #1:

*Splinter

Man, that was a thing

Yes. I do. #hubris.

And finally, people who are my new favorite:

Nin.

How are you feeling about this game so far?

*Splinter

I kinda like Burb's contributions. Seems very eager to read people and they're short and concise reads.

*puts Burb as top scum*

I town read him for those of you not getting the reference :p
Really tho? You think Burb acting townie is indicative of anything?

franconp

I'm here.

I haven't played with a lot of the people in the list as I only played two games before: AA and Danganronpa and in the latter I was killed the first night so I didn't participate a lot. But that doesn't mean anything, every game is different and the playstyle of the player can vary according with is role and aligment.

As for this game I hate the first day phase, as it forces us to take a gamble on who to choose with no info.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm here.

I haven't played with a lot of the people in the list as I only played two games before: AA and Danganronpa and in the latter I was killed the first night so I didn't participate a lot. But that doesn't mean anything, every game is different and the playstyle of the player can vary according with is role and aligment.

As for this game I hate the first day phase, as it forces us to take a gamble on who to choose with no info.
hey buddy

Ourobolus

Banned
Ordinary town in a role madness game.

The scamp.

And for what it's worth I don't know if my role fits my powers or not because I don't know overwatch.
If only there was an interconnected bastion of information out there that could mercifully bestow upon you some sort of help in your plight. Meibe then you can figure it out.

Sophia

I'm here.

Oh you and me are going to get along very well. ¬_¬

So seeing as I don't know you, what you think of the conversation so far?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope Sorian wasn't so misguided as to make Talon the scum in this game. Otherwise a mass claim would quickly pinpoint them.

Top Bottom