• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Sophia

Being honest I don't remember. Now I'm at work on mobile so if someone quotes the post I will reread.

I do find strange how quickly she got votes this day phase. To me it's like an easy kill. Kyan looked scummy(I said it in my first post the second day) but it was mostly because he didn't draw attention to himself. Cherry made just one post, so it's weird.

We are 2 town down vs 2 mafia down. Most likely we have taken half the mafia team. I think we should be bolder and not go for the easy lynch, the one that if it flips town gives no reads.

Speaking of that...

To be perfectly honest, I don't have that strong of a read on who the remaining two scum team members might be.

ಠ_ಠ

I have no idea why I said two scum there, but I'm calling myself out on my own freudian slip. Take that as you will. I do agree we probably have half the scum team down tho.

Anyhow...

This is the post in question (THANKS BURB~!) where she voted for Ouro on Day 2.

Ok, I'm mostly caught up and I can see 2wo sides to this issue (ง •̀_•́)ง

On the 1ne hand, 0uro seems h311a suspicious. 1st he claims a role that apparently Zeke has, then (j0ke?)claims one that's already dead. I dunno why he'd do this buuuut it is tr00 that he might've been trying to b8t the real Widowmaker (in which case Zeke fell right in2 his trap) (;*△*;)

In the end, I think it comes down to 0uro vs. Zeke. It's possible 0uro knows that Widow is a baddie and used that info to bait out a confession, in which case we should lynch Zeke. 0n the 0ther hand, 0uro could just be a lyncher out to kill Widow in which case we should frag him before he can do anything shady (telling people to specifically target Zeke tonight does s33m pretty 'spish tbh honest) 【・ヘ・?】

I think 4 now I'm going 2

Vote: Ourobolus

but I'm k33pin' meye eye on you, Zeke! (/(°∞°)\)

Sophia

Also, I have a doctor's appointment I will be attending at 4 PM my time (in an hour from this post) so I'll be gone for a little bit.

Burbeting

Banned
In terms of Cherry-votes, I'm mostly concerned about Xam and Bronx-man. They both basically ride on the waves that I made, and don't actually say anything noteworthy about her.

Xam just goes straight to the Cherry-vote, basically saying "yea Burb you gave me good reasons to drop this vote"

Burb, you read my mind about Cherry's vote
VOTE: Cherry Bomb
Time to raise my APM!
No, Haly, this is not a D.VA softclaim, that was an attempt at humor

For Bronx, it does not help that his vote on Cherry seems to partially rely on the deeply flawed idea of scum killing of Zeke by themselves:

Looking at Burb's posts, the two likeliest scum in my mind are Splinter and Cherry. Both wanted desperately to protect Vere and wanted Zeke vs Ouro. This is only helps my theory that Zeke got sacrificed in N2.

The actual vote on Cherry is basically him repeating my vote from word to word:

Vote: Cherry Bomb

Cherry, I'd like to know why you didn't mention Verelios at all when you voted for Ouro.

franconp

I just reread thanks to burb and I'm more than willing to lynch her so I don't have to read something like that again. It was really hard to understand anything.

Jokes aside the post it's bad. It's confusing, it has several mistakes and it really don't talk about the cop thing. Maybe it was because she had to rush to catch up, maybe it's mafia. It's difficult to know with just so little.

Burbeting

Banned
That said, I think Cherry's posts are still more incriminating than whatever Xam and Bronx were doing, so I'm keeping her as my top scum candidate. I really have to look into coasters though, I keep forgetting that some players are even in this game. Barrylocke, Haly, Kingkitty and Xam are worst offenders.

nin1000

Banned
Wedding mafia PTSD trigger

b12d509671c6.gif

lol. dont worry i just want to give out other options than Cherry for now.
It seems too ez

In terms of Cherry-votes, I'm mostly concerned about Xam and Bronx-man. They both basically ride on the waves that I made, and don't actually say anything noteworthy about her.

Xam just goes straight to the Cherry-vote, basically saying "yea Burb you gave me good reasons to drop this vote"
I was working on analyzing Cherry's post and switching between the post and the current page, and thats when you made your post

Bronx-Man

Banned
UNVOTE

Looking back on the past few pages, Cherry would be an easy lynch. Easy lynches never lead to getting scum so that's that. I'd say Splinter tops my scum list right now, but I'm not committed to a vote for him right now. I need to read him better.

UNVOTE

Looking back on the past few pages, Cherry would be an easy lynch. Easy lynches never lead to getting scum so that's that. I'd say Splinter tops my scum list right now, but I'm not committed to a vote for him right now. I need to read him better.
And Verelios wasn't an easy lynch?

I was pretty conflicted over voting Verelios or Ouro. It wasn't easy in my mind and I just took a leap of faith trusting Ouro, just like how he made a leap of faith that Verelios was scum.
So because you'd think it would be an easy lynch, Cherry isn't scum?
But it's ok with Verelios because to you it didn't feel like an easy lynch?

franconp

So because you'd think it would be an easy lynch, Cherry isn't scum?
But it's ok with Verelios because to you it didn't feel like an easy lynch?

Not really, Vere was lynched because Ouro claimed cop so there was a controversy. Either Vere was scum or Ouro was lying. Not an easy kill at all.

What I find suspicious is that you went after Cherry because she didn't adressed Vere when she voted Ouro but now you said that Vere was an easy kill. If it was such an easy kill why are you after Cherry. It's contradictory.

kingkitty

Why not? Obviously it's up to you but you already shared all your abilities so I don't see what's the problema with sharing the rolename.

I am confused too. Unless nin is pullin' an Ouro.

N1 - nin claims he investigated cabot and found him to be a good guy. N2 - nin used a strong kill on Ezekel. nin claims to still have a healing ability.

With the amount of information he just gave us, seems odd to not include the actual role name (did we get a character game?).

Not really, Vere was lynched because Ouro claimed cop so there was a controversy. Either Vere was scum or Ouro was lying. Not an easy kill at all.

What I find suspicious is that you went after Cherry because she didn't adressed Vere when she voted Ouro but now you said that Vere was an easy kill. If it was such an easy kill why are you after Cherry. It's contradictory.
In my mind, Vere was an extremely easy kill! He lashed out at town, roleclaimed something OP, and then proceeded to vanish off the face of the earth.
People did not need to trust in ouro to be wary of verelios's behavior

nin1000

Banned
I am confused too. Unless nin is pullin' an Ouro.

N1 - nin claims he investigated cabot and found him to be a good guy. N2 - nin used a strong kill on Ezekel. nin claims to still have a healing ability.

With the amount of information he just gave us, seems odd to not include the actual role name (did we get a character game?).

ok, here you have it.
bXQDhYD.jpg

I really don't get how Bastion ties to a medic and/or doctor though. Strong kill I can see at least.

i really dont get how bastion ties to a cop or someone who can check people, yet here we are.
Possible Example:
Recon - Bastion goes into his Recon mode and recons a player, finding their alignment and/or role name
Sentry - Bastion charges his mighty gun and shoots someone dead because he's Bastion
Repair - Heals a dude/dudette

nin1000

Banned
Possible Example:
Recon - Bastion goes into his Recon mode and recons a player, finding their alignment and/or role name
Sentry - Bastion charges his mighty gun and shoots someone dead because he's Bastion
Repair - Heals a dude/dudette

Damn you almost got all of them right.

it is indeed.

Recon
Tank
Repair

Ty4on

I want those finding Cherry's lynch "too easy" to tell us who else should be lynched or why Cherry is town. Her silence is making it worse for me.
If noone comes to contradict Nin I'm ok with him (for now).
Nin is pretty high on my town list for claiming to kill Ezekel and doubting his role claim in D2. So far it doesn't look like we have a serial killer with zero kills on N1.

Sophia

I want those finding Cherry's lynch "too easy" to tell us who else should be lynched or why Cherry is town. Her silence is making it worse for me.

Nin is pretty high on my town list for claiming to kill Ezekel and doubting his role claim in D2. So far it doesn't look like we have a serial killer with zero kills on N1.

Not feeling confident about Xam (sliding by), Bronx (out there thought process), Haly, Splinter, or Cherry. Not sure who to actually lynch tho.

Nin and Cabot are basically town to me unless we have any reason to believe otherwise. Nobody has counter-claimed him yet, and I believe everyone has chimed in too?

Although maybe it's just me but... you seem a little aggressive, Ty. :p

nin1000

Banned

*Splinter, his silence is making it worse for me

franconp

I'm saying it's too easy as it wouldn't help any connection the following days. Cherry just made 2 post before people began voting for her. There is no discussions about her to make reads. After the 1st night no kill and killing 2 scum last night we have a leverage and I say we do a bolder move and make a lynch looking to set sides.

I already voted Stanley. If not I'm ok with melon or Xam.

kingkitty

I gave her a null read since there's not much material to work with. She gives me the vibe of someone who is still out of the loop of things (not that it makes her a confirmed townie). Based on my reads, I feel better about Haly (who I voted for), or even Splinter.

Ty4on

Not feeling confident about Xam (sliding by), Bronx (out there thought process), Haly, Splinter, or Cherry. Not sure who to actually lynch tho.

Nin and Cabot are basically town to me unless we have any reason to believe otherwise. Nobody has counter-claimed him yet, and I believe everyone has chimed in too?

Although maybe it's just me but... you seem a little aggressive, Ty. :p

It just bothers me. We're slowly marching to the deadline, but people aren't really bringing up whom to vote for and why.

nin1000

Banned
It just bothers me. We're slowly marching to the deadline, but people aren't really bringing up whom to vote for and why.

*splinter because i scumread him yesterday. he defended ezekelrage and was pretty silent today. This gives me enough to put a vote on him

Sophia

Yeah. I hear ya. I get the impression there's a bit of discontent from everyone in regards to how they'll vote. I just can't tell which is coming from scum and which from town.

Burbeting

Banned
I don't have a problem with nin's claim.

Right now I don't scum-read Splinter, but his almost complete disappearence today compared to his aggressive approach is little alarming.

Ty4on

I gave her a null read since there's not much material to work with. She gives me the vibe of someone who is still out of the loop of things (not that it makes her a confirmed townie). Based on my reads, I feel better about Haly (who I voted for), or even Splinter.

Thanks. I disagree about Cherry, but I like your reasoning.

Regarding Haly I initially scum read him, but lightened up later in D1. Haven't really gone over his D2 stuff, but what you summarized didn't look great.

Ty4on

I'll look into Barrylocke before going to bed. He hasn't posted anything for 24 hours now, and was a non-presence in D2 as well.

Looking back now and his Ezekel vote was really odd. He voted for him before he claimed, but didn't talk to Ezekel after his claim and instead voted Nin for also claiming cop.

Top Bottom