• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, got put into a game that had 3 Torbjorns already, so quit before setup and it put me back in once I quick gamed. Thought fuck it, if it's going to be garbage, I'll make it ultra garbage and made it 4.

We won, but man I wish I could filter out shitty teams like that.

"Avoid this player" works pretty well from what I can tell.

sephi22

Regarding 'useless' Hanzo/Widows who don't push the payload, if your kill feed is on, and the particular sniper is taking down the enemy turret/bastion frequently and you're still not able to push the payload to completion, it's you who are failing at their job, not them. Push comes to shove they should touch the payload to keep overtime, but if they get the problem heroes on the enemy team they are doing their job

Sane_Man

On Master Overwatch does the 'Rank #- by hero score' mean you're the that number position out of all the players in the world??

It says I'm number 90 if so! Say it's so.

DrArchon

OK, I'm having a HUGE issue with the game right now and I would appreciate any help that I can get before I contact Blizzard about this.

The game is refusing to put me into matches for some reason. I keep searching for them, it keeps finding them quickly, and then I get stuck on the loading screen until the game boots me for being inactive. This has happened 5 times in a row this morning alone. I don't know what to try in order to fix this. The only thing I can do right now is play training modes because the game doesn't boot you for taking too long, but I want to get back and start playing Overwatch for real.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? Can anyone help me?

Reposting this so it doesn't get lost on the last page. I'm still trying to get into games with no luck so far. I can go to the practice range and that's about it.

Also, it's taking forever for character models to load, so everything is invisible for the first minute or so and there's no sounds for anything other than ambient noise.

I really need some advice, otherwise I'll have to stop playing which I really don't want to do.

Matchmaking times have been absolutely awful since I reached level 30
Your not the only one. The max time I had to wait was close to 5 minutes.
Regarding 'useless' Hanzo/Widows who don't push the payload, if your kill feed is on, and the particular sniper is taking down the enemy turret/bastion frequently and you're still not able to push the payload to completion, it's you who are failing at their job, not them. Push comes to shove they should touch the payload to keep overtime, but if they get the problem heroes on the enemy team they are doing their job

A useless Hanzo and Widowmaker player is someone who can't aim for shit and is just wasting time in the back when they could do better with another character. I've come across too many of them not taking down turrets and spending most of their time trying to out snipe the other sniper.

MGrant

Reposting this so it doesn't get lost on the last page. I'm still trying to get into games with no luck so far. I can go to the practice range and that's about it.

Also, it's taking forever for character models to load, so everything is invisible for the first minute or so and there's no sounds for anything other than ambient noise.

I really need some advice, otherwise I'll have to stop playing which I really don't want to do.

PC Version? That's really strange. Sounds like the game isn't loading assets fast enough, but you are connecting just fine.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Send a ticket to the blizzard support, I've not read about this problem here yet...I hope they can help you.

fhqwhgads

Does anyone know when the Exp Leaver Penalty wears off? I left a game because I got matched into a game where the team was just about to lose, and now I've been given this penalty and it hasn't worn off even after multiple sessions.

sephi22

A useless Hanzo and Widowmaker player is someone who can't aim for shit and is just wasting time in the back when they could do better with another character. I've come across too many of them not taking down turrets and spending most of their time trying to out snipe the other sniper.
Oh. I haven't run into many of those. I do quite frequently run into the odd player who complains about the same old tired 'why is no one pushing with me?' shtick without realizing how much space the backline sniper and spawncamping frontlines are actually making for the payload by not letting the enemy set-up their defenses. Usually 2-3 on the load are enough

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wish that blizzard would reclassify some of the characters just so that people won't misunderstand their roles.

Like hey, we have a symmetra, so I guess we don't need a healer, or hey, there's a D.va, she's in the tank class so I guess it's her job to sit on the objective while we run around willy nilly as yet another reaper/soldier/tracer.

Kinda feel like sym belongs more in defense and d.va in assault.

I think mei works better at tanking also while we're at it.

Hex

Banned
So hard to find pick up teams that do not discombobulate the moment the first push gets pushed back.
STOP trickling at the goal site by yourself damn it. Regroup.

Peff

Oh. I haven't run into many of those. I do quite frequently run into the odd player who complains about the same old tired 'why is no one pushing with me?' shtick without realizing how much space the backline sniper and spawncamping frontlines are actually making for the payload by not letting the enemy set-up their defenses. Usually 2-3 on the load are enough

A single highly-mobile hero can work wonders by themselves with the payload, tbh. As long as the rest of your team is killing opponents and preventing them from setting up an elaborate chokepoint, one Tracer or one Lúcio can easily use the payload as a shield for the entire match.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping that if nothing else I can be mathematically separated from the drooling mouthbreathers that populate 95% of quick matches.

most of the games I play I get the gold medal for most objective time.

I hope that will be considered when we get ranked.

I wish that blizzard would reclassify some of the characters just so that people won't misunderstand their roles.

Like hey, we have a symmetra, so I guess we don't need a healer, or hey, there's a D.va, she's in the tank class so I guess it's her job to sit on the objective while we run around willy nilly as yet another reaper/soldier/tracer.

Kinda feel like sym belongs more in defense and d.va in assault.

I think mei works better at tanking also while we're at it.

Part of the problem is that you have 4 supports, the least represented class type in the game and of those only two of them are dedicated healers but people assume all of them are.

Anubis is the best costume for Pharah

You spelled Mecha Queen wrong.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wallhacks,aimbot,insta turns,insta kill...all about that turret life

https://youtu.be/asUZha-F3ks

I know (hope?) you are trying to make a joke, but just claiming any of those things are happening in that video in the description of your video makes you look like a fool.

if youre not joking, oh boy. You were caught out in the open (wall hack lol?) by a turret during ult, and got sniped because you are Tracer and have no life. Should have recalled the second you saw the turret (you even shot it before dying), guess you're not that good huh bro? :3

Every time I play as D.Va I get more hyped for Titanfall 2.
Lucio is amazing in team defence and offence. Speed song is crap unless you die and want to get into the fight quicker.
Speed boost is useful when your team needs to take cover from a D.Va nuke.

Rad-

Sentries are useless, they said.
Symmetra is a horrible character, they said.

It's more like she's very situational. She is absolutely amazing when defending the first cap point but when you lose it you should switch heroes pretty quickly. Her sentries are a nice annoyance but they won't change the game against a good team like her teleport does. I wish they buffed her in a way to make her more useful in late capture map rounds and in control maps.

idonteven

I know (hope?) you are trying to make a joke, but just claiming any of those things are happening in that video in the description of your video makes you look like a fool.

if youre not joking, oh boy. You were caught out in the open (wall hack lol?) by a turret during ult, and got sniped because you are Tracer and have no life. Should have recalled the second you saw the turret (you even shot it before dying), guess you're not that good huh bro? :3

everything about the turret makes me rage fuck it

peakish

Everyone thinks they're the star and that everyone else is the problem when losing. Had a Mercy yesterday go "please protect me and we will win" which, well, sure, but it's not exactly like flicking a light switch. Of course later on they started typing out complaints and "bg" etc.

I can't take these losers seriously. Yeah, it's frustrating when you're losing but are you really doing that much better yourself? Maybe you are, which is great, but maybe you really aren't which is why you keep getting matched up with us other losers.

That said, sometimes people do play very off objective. Assaulting on King's Row with two Hanzo's and one Widow, no one was actually moving on the point even when it was clear due to their good sniping. I was Mercy and got on the point myself, but wasn't backed up on it. Of course once I noticed the issue I should have switched to some meatier character and pushed it, but eh. A game where my team is absolutely rekt is only five minutes of my time.

where my EU PC fam at? Rhaknar#1946
No mic so I avoid groups. Plus the pressure the actually deliver >_>

Manoko

Lucio is amazing in team defence and offence. Speed song is crap unless you die and want to get into the fight quicker.

Speed song is god tier.
You can make reinforcements come quicker, you can help your team get out of Mei's ult with it, so many things it can help with.

Miggy

Randoms can't play for shit. Everything is team deathmatch to them. Kinda annoying getting matched up with these kind of players. :/

Manoko

Randoms can't play for shit. Everything is team deathmatch to them. Kinda annoying getting matched up with these kind of players. :/

Yeah that's how most of my games feel like too.
Love that Widow/Hanzo camping away from the objective, trying his best to provide no help at all to their team.

peakish

I dont...I dont know what that is. You win some, you lose some, I /care either way
A sorry, I mean I don't have a microphone (I'm considering picking up a ModMic sometime since it either way is good to have one). If that's fine I'm all for grouping up although I probably won't be on until this evening. Added you! (anyone else can add me as toppform#2960)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom