• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Real talk tho, that Widowmaker skin is dope.

Peff

Same. I like playing Lucio, but I'm trying to learn other characters and it feels like most of my wins are when I'm playing Lucio.

It's also pretty awkward when you're losing and you're not sure whether changing and leaving everyone else without healing will actually make a difference for the better.

eek5

It's also pretty awkward when you're losing and you're not sure whether changing and leaving everyone else without healing will actually make a difference for the better.

Yeah I get real conflicted when I play another character and we're losing bad with no healer but I check scoreboard and I'm gold in elims/damage or whatever. Not sure whether or not switching will hurt or help :\

Xeteh

Dva needs a buff, pretty weak right now.

I feel like she's an offtank to use MMO terms. She's not a solo tank choice, you pick her to harass the backlines. If a Widowmaker is giving me trouble, D.Va is my first choice. Thrusters to chase, health to give me the advantage. Fucking winky face.

R0ckman

Yeah I get real conflicted when I play another character and we're losing bad with no healer but I check scoreboard and I'm gold in elims/damage or whatever. Not sure whether or not switching will hurt or help :

It wont help, you can be a god on your team, but you still need them to some extent. You need them to at least stay alive for more than 3 seconds.

Moonlight

Banned
Dva needs a buff, weakass hero right now.
I agree, but she's not weak. I think the main thing I would change is how the game detects who's within LOS of her ultimate. As people understand the move more, and more importantly get that you don't need to jump straight out of the radius it loses a ton of its' effectiveness as a major disruption skill. Just make it so you can't leap behind the nearest stop sign to nullify it and it'd be a bit scarier to lob into the objective without fancy angles to cook the timer.

I'd readjust her headshot hurtbox, too. Seems silly to me that all you need to do to consistently get off the damage multiplied against her is aim centre-mass when that's not something any other tank really needs to deal with.

Take solace in the fact that everyone you play with probably loves you.

I do get pity votes at the end but good gravy. Still haven't given Tracer any time yet and that was the character I was most looking forward to using after the beta.

My new thing is pick Roadhog and heal myself. Seems like it's catching on because I had a team that picked 3 yesterday lol

Jblanks

Just had a 44% kill participation as Road Hog/Junkrat, and the Dwarf on my team had 33% and he got 4 votes and I got 1 (myself) feelsbadman.

Xeteh

Just had a 44% kill participation as Road Hog/Junkrat, and the Dwarf on my team had 33% and he got 4 votes and I got 1 (myself) feelsbadman.

It is so weird man. People bitch about Bastion/Torbjorn being too strong while being easy mode. But when those MVP votes come up, I feel like people just rush to vote those heroes.

People are weird.

MGrant

Day 6 stats:

tpi7NCK.png

Dat 50.9% win rate. Technically I have a positive ratio!

PaulloDEC

Y'know one of the few things about this game that I think is genuinely unfair right now? Hanzo's ultimate having the ability to go through walls.

It's at the point now where hearing his war cry doesn't help at all because his dragons could be coming from literally any direction. If you don't know where the Hanzo is, how are you supposed to deal with that?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Man I love Zarya. Just had a 23-7 match with a bunch of objective time and barriers applied. So fun!

I get afraid to talk in these GAF lobbies for some reason. Joined a party then left without saying anything. Playing solo atm.

Gaming anxiety is real. I never talk to randoms even when I want to and the stress of letting down people in ranked matches makes it so I usually don't compete in most games. Rocket League and now Overwatch will be the exceptions because the matches are pretty short. CSGO and MOBA with their 40 minute matches were a night\mare for me.

caesar

Banned
I feel like she's an offtank to use MMO terms. She's not a solo tank choice, you pick her to harass the backlines. If a Widowmaker is giving me trouble, D.Va is my first choice. Thrusters to chase, health to give me the advantage. Fucking winky face.

Winston is much better at dealing with Widow though.
I agree, but she's not weak. I think the main thing I would change is how the game detects who's within LOS of her ultimate. As people understand the move more, and more importantly get that you don't need to jump straight out of the radius it loses a ton of its' effectiveness as a major disruption skill. Just make it so you can't leap behind the nearest stop sign to nullify it and it'd be a bit scarier to lob into the objective without fancy angles to cook the timer.

I'd readjust her headshot hurtbox, too. Seems silly to me that all you need to do to consistently get off the damage multiplied against her is aim centre-mass when that's not something any other tank really needs to deal with.

I feel like the damage fall off of her guns is a little too high, though im pretty sure thats why she was nerfed in the first place so idk..

Peff

Yeah I get real conflicted when I play another character and we're losing bad with no healer but I check scoreboard and I'm gold in elims/damage or whatever. Not sure whether or not switching will hurt or help :\

It's annoying, yeah. When it gets really bad I usually switch to D.va or Winston and try to create enough chaos to break the chokepoint by chance, but it's a bit of a crapshoot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Y'know one of the few things about this game that I think is genuinely unfair right now? Hanzo's ultimate having the ability to go through walls.

It's at the point now where hearing his war cry doesn't help at all because his dragons could be coming from literally any direction. If you don't know where the Hanzo is, how are you supposed to deal with that?

Its literally the only time he will hit you with it tho. Otherwise its super easy to avoid

Arikin, I doubt you have an account here but next time you're talking shit about how good your team is before the match, you aren't allowed to be upset at us making fun of you when you lose... Same thing for when you're doing it again in the second match and still lose.

Question about PC version.

Theres VSYNC, Limit FPS (to Monitor, off and something else) and then there's resolution with 59 fps...

My question is, why don't I have the 60fps option on the 1080p res, should I limit FPS if I have VSNYC on (does it do anything?)? The game feels pretty good with VSYNC on and Limit FPS off, athough I think it felt smoother on PS4. I need to check my FPS.

Number of times I've accidentally used my Ult when putting my hands back on the keyboard after respawning: 4

In a panic, I activated my ult while falling off a cliff. I'm glad no one saw it.

I was Tracer, so I swear I had a reason for wildly using my abilities. (Recall was 2 seconds away from being ready.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom