• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not saying it's impossible in the same way that a good Hanzo is practically an asset. People seem to have no problem complaining about Hanzo but Junkrat goes under the radar? Hanzo's toolset is 10x more useful on Payload

Depends on the map. King's row for example is really enclosed so you can grenade like crazy while delivering the payload.

Zemm

Don't worry, they won't. They tried to have a hero that could go invisible, but found it to be OP and couldn't find a way to balance it, so they scrapped the idea instead.

images

The problem is defending with that set up takes barely any team work and attacking against it takes a shit ton. The odds are so stacked against the attacking team unless they're all talking and it ends up meaning all the games are played the same way.

I'd like to see stats on the successful attacks in public games as opposed to defence. I imagine it's ridiculously skewed in favour of defence. I know in competition it's like 75 percent in the favour of attacking but that's with pre made teams who all talk to each other.

My experience on D in public games is completely opposite. We lose a good bit of the time because the majority don't understand the objective and instead of defending the point they go off and try to defend the enemy spawn.

Apathy

Why do people keep picking Junkrat on attack? omg pls stop

haha funny. maybe you have not played with a good junkrat. Junk on offense is amazing. As the offense has to run into whatever D is set up (tanks, turrets) an offensive Junk will deal with them with ease. 99% of my playtime has been with Junk on offense and defense, and I can tell you that the defense is so set up to be stationary that as junk I am pushing them back while giving my team the opportunity to get them as they turn.

I'm doing 18-21k damage in any given match, and while attacking that means Rein shields are shredded, D.Va's spend more time out of their mech rather than in it, it means bastions have to move more than they want and tobj turrets have to be constantly rebuilt.

Couple that with the fact that I play a very offensive oriented Junk regardless of what side I am at, I disrupt the opponents and harass them to no end.

Zemm

If they don't address Widow soon I'll grow tired of this game way earlier than I expected, McCree might be more busted in a vacuum but current Widow is infinitely more oppressive. Utter fucking garbage design that should never have made it through testing.

Disappointed they felt the game needed a traditional sniper. Should have just kept it at Hanzo.

Watching the tournaments and it's kinda ridiculous how both teams set-up for pushes, where they all group up and then wait until their widow has made a pick before attacking. Basically each encounter comes down to a 1v1 with the snipers then the real fight happens, it's pretty dumb. Like I can see that being a strat that comes out now and then like in CS but every single encounter is like "did our widow get a pick? Yes, let's go" or "no, let's wait and regroup".

haha funny. maybe you have not played with a good junkrat. Junk on offense is amazing. As the offense has to run into whatever D is set up (tanks, turrets) an offensive Junk will deal with them with ease. 99% of my playtime has been with Junk on offense and defense, and I can tell you that the defense is so set up to be stationary that as junk I am pushing them back while giving my team the opportunity to get them as they turn.

I'm doing 18-21k damage in any given match, and while attacking that means Rein shields are shredded, D.Va's spend more time out of their mech rather than in it, it means bastions have to move more than they want and tobj turrets have to be constantly rebuilt.

Couple that with the fact that I play a very offensive oriented Junk regardless of what side I am at, I disrupt the opponents and harass them to no end.

Yeah, as somebody who usually gravitates towards Symmetra on defense, I hate it when I see a Junkrat on the other team, because I'm sure he's going to be spamming his grenades and taking out all my carefully placed turrets. Junkrat on attack is no joke.

Braag

Just played against a team which was abusing the Symmetra turrets in Dorado map. The little bridge before the final check point. They kept putting them against the right side wall but inside the bridge in some odd way so no matter how you tried to destroy them, you couldn't, just got beamed to death as soon as you entered that area. Not surprising we never managed to push the payload through that part and the Symmetra found it "lol xD" so funny.

Antiwhippy

Hope they improve potg so it isn't just a junkrat tyre or bastion firing in a straight line for 10 seconds every game

I got potg as symmetra and pharrah just killing two people normally yesterday. No ults, just LMB.

Which kinda maybe speaks about how dire my teams in those games have been. :p

Could be that. In the same way that seeing a Hanzo taking peoples heads off as they round every corner. Most people playing both characters aren't doing that hence the complaint.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just played against a team which was abusing the Symmetra turrets in Dorado map. The little bridge before the final check point. They kept putting them against the right side wall but inside the bridge in some odd way so no matter how you tried to destroy them, you couldn't, just got beamed to death as soon as you entered that area. Not surprising we never managed to push the payload through that part and the Symmetra found it "lol xD" so funny.

That's getting fixed in the next patch.

mbpm1

Could be that. In the same way that seeing a Hanzo taking peoples heads off as they round every corner. Most people playing both characters aren't doing that hence the complaint.

It's not really difficult to spam grenades though. I'm surprised but not surprised people aren't able to even do that

Antiwhippy

Speaking of junk rats, funny to see some of the compositions people try in order to cheese certain maps. Had a volks defense where they went 3 junkrats, bastion, torb and mercy for revive, but then a couple of us just switched to pharrah and got through.

Gave us some trouble at B though, but eh.

Loving Zarya after one match.

Gravity the destination when the opposing team is desperate to stop you, catch everyone easy kills, and a play of the game. So hard to kill so fun to pop the shield and get healed. Love her.

Apathy

Speaking of junk rats, funny to see some of the compositions people try in order to cheese certain maps. Had a volks defense where they went 3 junkrats, bastion, torb and mercy for revive, but then a couple of us just switched to pharrah and got through.

Gave us some trouble at B though, but eh.

Cause Pharah is Junks hard counter. Any more than 2 (even more than 1 in most cases) junk's is a bad idea, because again, most junks think the spam is good enough and have terrible aim if they actually have to aim.

Antiwhippy

Cause Pharah is Junks hard counter. Any more than 2 (even more than 1 in most cases) junk's is a bad idea, because again, most junks think the spam is good enough and have terrible aim if they actually have to aim.

Oh I know that she's his hard counter, I'm just guessing that the team is pretty used to pubs where nobody counter-picks.

I think what keeps me in this game is that even when I have some bad games I think I want to play more of a character I haven't much of in awhile. Played a lot of Mei this weekend and I think I want to try some Tracer this week.

gatti-man

This is very true. A good junk is beast at attack especially against turrets.

Moonkeis

I think what keeps me in this game is that even when I have some bad games I think I want to play more of a character I haven't much of in awhile. Played a lot of Mei this weekend and I think I want to try some Tracer this week.

That's pretty much what I do when I'm in a bad game. It's not even worth wasting my time to play support if the rest of the team isn't trying. I use these rounds to just try out other characters I don't normally play.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone been playing Overwatch on both PC and console? I've been watching console videos on YouTube and it seems like the game is a lot slower paced and, honestly, easier to play. I may be picking up a PS4 Neo or Xbox Scorpio when they come out, and I'm debating picking up a console copy of Overwatch for a more lean-back, casual version of Overwatch when I'm not in the mood to play a super fast-paced shooter.

Has anyone been playing Overwatch on both PC and console? I've been watching console videos on YouTube and it seems like the game is a lot slower paced and, honestly, easier to play. I may be picking up a PS4 Neo or Xbox Scorpio when they come out, and I'm debating picking up a console copy of Overwatch for a more lean-back, casual version of Overwatch when I'm not in the mood to play a super fast-paced shooter.

I play on both. I have friends who were divided. It's exactly the same experience on PC and console to me.

kromeo

Can't remember the last time I survived using a justice rains from above D:
Keep making the mistake of trying to kill bastions with it..

eek5

When ur Lucio and u have the most objective kills in a map

This is actually really easy to do but I wouldn't read into it too much. Usually it means that you're playing the objective and your team is pretty good. The only time it gets concerning is when you have gold objective kills but also medal in damage. That means your team is playing like poop and you're doing work but you'll lose anyway lol

I only survive when I use it indoors. Your only chance outdoors is if you wipe the whole team and if they're all grouped up otherwise someone will just pick you out of the sky. Leaves you way too vulnerable.

shiba5

I ran into that last night. Really cheap ass team using an exploit.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

JUSTICE ---

Dead.

This is the story of my Pharah play as well. You know you are getting POTG if you hear the whole line.

If they don't address Widow soon I'll grow tired of this game way earlier than I expected, McCree might be more busted in a vacuum but current Widow is infinitely more oppressive. Utter fucking garbage design that should never have made it through testing.

Yup this happening already for me

You can actually destroy them, you need to go above the bridge. They're hidden in a crevice up there.

The only really "exploitative" thing about the placement is that the wall is somehow bugged out and the turret beams shoot through the bridge.

XenoRaven

I'm starting to feel like I'm not very good at offensive heroes. It kinda bums me out because I like Pharah and Tracer, and I like the idea of Genji, but I'm not consistently effective with any of them.

The only heroes I really feel comfortable on are Zarya, Junkrat, Torb, Roadhog and Zen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom