• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got a PS4 for my birthday today and PT, of course, was the first (and only) thing I played (with the lights off and my dad watching). I don't think I've ever yelled like I did here out of fear in my life until this game.

It was so surreal playing this with the paternal theme while my dad was watching and hearing my own son crying/whining during his bath during the fetus crying scenes. And being unable to figure out the "hello/from hell" section within a reasonable time sure made the baby crying noises rake the nerves. Only part I looked up was the looping red hallway segment. Now having read further after glitching out, I'll collect the pieces and try to survive a haunt and listen to laughs and bells and phonecalls.... whatever that all means. I'll have fun trying.

Magnus

Ways to make the second giggle trigger has been posted countless times. People can do it 100% of the time.

We just don't know what the programmers intended it to be. (Or possibly they did multiple ways to trigger it)

100% of the time? Where?

I tried a bunch of the supposedly confirmed solutions and they didn't work.

I figured if 100% surefire solutions were discovered that I'd have seen some stories on Kotaku or something showing that PT was finally solved.

Schrade

100% of the time? Where?

I tried a bunch of the supposedly confirmed solutions and they didn't work.

I figured if 100% surefire solutions were discovered that I'd have seen some stories on Kotaku or something showing that PT was finally solved.

Here, old post of mine. The "Did you Rike It?" Method was discovered/propegated by other people though. You probably don't even need that that video. You can just use any low rising to high sound at that point or even maybe just saying something loud over and over.

Have to delete the save data or complete it and it'll start over from the beginning.

It is completable even if you're at the looping segment.

1) Loop the segment so you start fresh/reset bell.
2) Go to phone and point camera at it (don't need to R3)
3) Soon as the bell starts to chime, play this video's audio into your mic (Make damn certain your mic is switch to the ON position!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Jwm5jsoWU
4) Keep playing it until you get baby giggle.
5) Soon as you get 1st giggle, turn to entrance and take 10 steps to force 2nd baby giggle.
6) Don't move yourself with the controller and just wait until it starts vibrating. Once vibrating keep waiting, don't move and you'll get 3rd baby giggle
7) Phone rings, go to it and R3 the phone until you hear "You've been chosen!"
8) Go to garage door (down the steps) and voila, end!

lewisgone

I totally forgot this teaser existed! Planning on getting a PS4 next month...I'll have to try this out when I do. I think I'll get my family to give it a go too, that would be fun. Still haven't watched any gameplay of it so I'm ready to be surprised. Sounds amazing though.

Schrade

Reading through the first page, made me realize that there's a bunch of scaredy cats on GAF. :3

Yep. And in Off Topic there's a bunch of scaredy cats there, too. Just enter a bug or spider thread.

I totally forgot this teaser existed! Planning on getting a PS4 next month...I'll have to try this out when I do. I think I'll get my family to give it a go too, that would be fun. Still haven't watched any gameplay of it so I'm ready to be surprised. Sounds amazing though.

You Must...MUST play this in the dark, when it's dark outside. Make sure you have surround sound and if not, use headphones. Don't let people just chitchat in the background. You need to have the place silent.

On Demand

Banned
Yep. And in Off Topic there's a bunch of scaredy cats there, too. Just enter a bug or spider thread.

You Must...MUST play this in the dark, when it's dark outside. Make sure you have surround sound and if not, use headphones. Don't let people just chitchat in the background. You need to have the place silent.

Don't do this. Please.

Quick PT Question:
When Lisa gets you, what are the noises you hear just after she.. breaks your neck and you fall to the ground?

I guess a better question would be:

What happens when you die from the time Lisa gets you, until you respawn in the safe room?

Schrade

Quick PT Question:
When Lisa gets you, what are the noises you hear just after she.. breaks your neck and you fall to the ground?

I guess a better question would be:

What happens when you die from the time Lisa gets you, until you respawn in the safe room?

Sounds like she's chewing on you... or maybe it's her pulling your guts out.

Haha. I never play this game at night. I play during the day and it still scares the crap outta me.

Playing it in the dark with headphones? Nope.

I played the game with a friend in a small gaming room. I was lucky enough to be able to build my own surround sound system setup on the cheap. I turned off the lights and closed the door during our P.T. runs.

I've never screamed like a small child so much during a game in my life. Don't play that demo with 2 speaker sound.

I'm adult enough to also admit that even though we finished it, we restarted the game so that his brother could play it as well, and I ended up hiding behind the couch, covering my ears because I didn't want to meet lisa again, especially when you can hear the cries.

I played the game with a friend in a small gaming room. I was lucky enough to be able to build my own surround sound system setup on the cheap. I turned off the lights and closed the door during our P.T. runs.

I've never screamed like a small child so much during a game in my life. Don't play that demo with 2 speaker sound.

I'm adult enough to also admit that even though we finished it, we restarted the game so that his brother could play it as well, and I ended up hiding behind the couch, covering my ears because I didn't want to meet lisa again, especially when you can hear the cries.

I'm the same way. I played it with some friends at night, in the dark, with a loud and good surround sound system. I was literally hiding behind my hands in fear of Lisa.

Ferr986

Meh, Im an adult and I cant even finish this lol

I like to watch streams though, this "demo" is so well done. Surprised to still seeing people playing it on PS4 streams figuring the last loop.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got around to trying this. Didn't know that much going in other than it's a teaser for a Silent Hill game. I've never played a Silent Hill game. I thought it would be fun to play it with the lights off with the surround sound turned up. The ghost appearing in the door and pulling it shut made me yell and I almost threw my controller through the TV screen when you turn around and get killed by the ghost girl.

I can't even remember the last time I had a thrilling scare like that! So dang tense! Definitely scarier than any movie I've ever seen.

Yep downloaded it for my sister today.

Can't wait to play it again!

fd1791af81.jpg

ElFly

Holy shit the "did you rike it" video method worked perfectly, the very first time.

I had been trying to get the ghost, talk to it, etc etc, but nope, did you rike it and the thing worked.

Super crazy.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I am in the infinite red corridor loop segment where I can walk around really quickly and there's moving eyes everywhere on the pictures on the walls. Is this the place where I need to use the sound playback into the microphone while looking towards the phone, or is that something that only comes later? Please don't tell me what to do, if that's not what I'm supposed to do. The sound playback thing is one thing I know I'd never be able to figure out for myself, so I'm OK spoiling that solution, but so far the game has not been impossible to figure out. Also, was I supposed to end up on this looping red light section, or were there other possible outcomes?

I'm astounded by this game btw.

I am in the infinite red corridor loop segment where I can walk around really quickly and there's moving eyes everywhere on the pictures on the walls. Is this the place where I need to use the sound playback into the microphone while looking towards the phone, or is that something that only comes later? Please don't tell me what to do, if that's not what I'm supposed to do. The sound playback thing is one thing I know I'd never be able to figure out for myself, so I'm OK spoiling that solution, but so far the game has not been impossible to figure out. Also, was I supposed to end up on this looping red light section, or were there other possible outcomes?

I'm astounded by this game btw.

No, the microphone has nothing to do with that part, and yes that is where you are supposed to be. Good luck.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
No, the microphone has nothing to do with that part, and yes that is where you are supposed to be. Good luck.
Are you saying that I'm not at the part that's basically the very end of the game, where I'm supposed to do something to create three giggles? (I'm asking because I just read that for the 3 giggles part you apparently don't really have to use the microphone)

Are you saying that I'm not at the part that's basically the very end of the game, where I'm supposed to do something to create three giggles? (I'm asking because I just read that for the 3 giggles part you apparently don't really have to use the microphone)

The place where the microphone helps is the 3 giggles part, which you are not at yet. The red hallway you are in is completely reliant on you having a keen eye. Just look carefully.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Finished it last night. Man, what an incredible game this was. I eventually had to resort to using a recorded scream to the microphone, and it clearly produces the intended result. Also, I've found out that for the 1st giggle, all you have to do is make exactly ten steps from the phone towards the door at which you first came in, at any point, even right after you first enter the room. No need to stare at the phone, wait for the ghost sounds to subside or anything. Just make exactly 10 steps and stop. For the 2nd giggle, just use the pre-recorded higher pitched scream from here: https://soundcloud.com/bbqslap/pt-yell and play it as soon as the clock starts chiming. When it finishes chiming, you get the giggle. Then just stand in place to get the third one and the phone to ring. The whole thing can be completed this way in less than a minute probably.

I was thinking, instead of the scream, it is also possible that you can achieve the intended result by just turning the volume from the game really loud, so the microphone picks up some of those weird ghostly sounds.

Someone on GameFAQs found some text which pretty clearly although cryptically alludes to all of this, but I have no idea where they've found it (apparently somewhere on Lisa's picture). It goes:

My voice, can you hear it?
You're screaming from a separate reality.
This sign, Can you read it?
You're the one who wrote it.
I'll wait forever if you just come to me.
You walk ten steps towards your separate other reality self.

A-V-B

My voice, can you hear it?
You're screaming from a separate reality.
This sign, Can you read it?
You're the one who wrote it.
I'll wait forever if you just come to me.
You walk ten steps towards your separate other reality self.

The first, third, and fifth lines I've seen on the photo. The others I have NEVER seen.

Ferr986

Oh I see... the other lines are probably that poster's interpretations of what the 1st, 3rd and 5th lines mean. What photo has those lines, and when?

Theres a frame next to the clock that is empty, and you can collect the pieces of the picture all over the hallway.
When you get them all theres a pic of a woman with that message.

mtodavk

Holy shit the "did you rike it" video method worked perfectly, the very first time.

I had been trying to get the ghost, talk to it, etc etc, but nope, did you rike it and the thing worked.

Super crazy.

Ah, I was stuck on that part up until I played the video into my microphone. Needless to say, I lost my shit.

Atedos

Yup, I find it as an official solution.
It pretty much sums up everything digged before.
PlayStation.Blog said:
Transcript
I walked till I stood one pace before Jack
Heart pounding
I whispered his name
But the night wind stole his voice away
In the moment our hands overlap
We share in an instant of private darkness
His touch, cold as marble
Cold, and shivering all over
Never moving a step, his hand in mine,
I waited for it to pass.
And through the mists of waning consciousness
I thought I heard a phone ring.
You’ve been chosen.
Also from here:
MrGarry2u said:
One step before Jack, Jack being a playing card.
Ace 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Jack, Queen, King… so you need to take 10 steps, then stop.
Ace being 1 obviously.

Ferr986

I bet they had ps camera listening. =\\
Also, do we have any footage of solving this WITHOUT using mic?

I dunno. I read it alot on various forums but maybe it was the PScamera as you said.

Btw just played the final loop. I never was able to do it saying Jarith but Jack worked instantly :/

I played a few minutes of this awhile back and stopped because well, I was scared.

Fast forward to last night, a friend came over and I suggested playing through the game together to minimize the fear factor. Well, turns out even with his presence it was probably the scariest videogame experience I've had.

I guess there's something about being inside a quiet house at night that is relatable and taps into some sort of primal fear, one that mostly went away as I grew into adulthood but resurfaces every once in awhile. Case in point: most horror movies don't faze me, but watching Paranormal Activity was nerve-wracking to me. Meanwhile a lot of people were just bored by it, so I dunno.

It's funny because as soon as the Silent Hills teaser started, all the tension and dread immediately evaporated and I felt like I was watching some fake "Hollywood" thing from the comfort of my living room. I have to wonder if that game will manage to terrify me the way P.T. did.

Played this for the first time without watching anything, vaguely remembering that it was announced at E3. Tried it around 2 am with headphones on.

fucking fuck fuuuuucccckkkkkkkkkkk

after the first jumpscare i said fuck it and watched it on YT, came back to it and I still can't finish it. It's too much brehs

first videogame to ever scare me, ever.

fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom