• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Factor: Michael Pachter is back with his new show. (SIFTD games)

Chesskid1

Banned
k6Zj9pT.jpg

The debut episode of game analyst Michael Pachter's new show! This week he makes a bold prediction about Rockstar's next game and answers your questions about Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusivity, Konami's future, the Vita's prospects going forward, Vivendi's attempted takeover of Ubisoft, and much more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeCytl2XnNo

It was July 2014 when the Pach Attack was no longer being made at gametrailers.

Pach said he would be back, but months and months past with no news. I was a huge fan and watched every episode and i was bummed and wondering if he would ever come back.

finally, the pach is back, partnered with SIFTD games, where you can watch it early or just wait for the youtube version like myself.

the first episode is now on youtube, and is a whooping 20 min long.

i'm very happy to see he's back and time to watch the episode now :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats, Michael! Good luck with your show!

Malajax

I just watched one question/answer and yeah it's the same type of stuff from before. If you want more of that, great it's out there.

It's certainly not produced as well though. A lot less snappy, little to no edits, audio noise, and no flash. Maybe that's what they're going for? It's more lackadaisical and conversational in that regard.

That said, not worth paying money for imo. But it is free on YouTube a week later and that's fine. They should up the production if they're hoping to bring in subscribers with this.

Apath

I really missed the Pach Attack. In fact, I haven't really watched any games shows since it ended. Really glad to see Pachter is back again.

In a slightly related note, is there a way to subscribe to a channel for only a specific set of videos? Could not care less about whoever SIFTD is, but want to get updates of new episodes. I'm not going to subscribe if that means getting all of SIFTD's content.

Carl

I know he gets a lot of flack but i always enjoy watching these things, good to have you back Pach

Woffls

Awesome. I was wondering only a few days ago when Pachter would return. Shame it's not for GT, though.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Love Pachter. Salute.
They'll probably start putting these behind a paywall though like everything else.
It's a wall I'll never climb.

edit: Pacman stated we only have to wait a week after to watch for free. I'm cool with that.

Justinh

Agreed. Satterfield and Beer are pretty terrible when it comes to industry stuff. Pach is better than that.

Beer's gone, btw. From siftd I mean.

Glad someone posted this. I was going to but I got carried away with Binding of Issac.
Yeah, I'm a big Pachter fan, too. Even if he's wrong I like hearing from his perspective. Good on him for doing this show, since he's not getting paid for it.

Just a heads up, from what I understand, if you make a trial account there is a problem if you upgrade to a premium subscriber and want to use that Pachter code. I think you'd have to make another account to use the code, which kinda sucks.

-shadow-

I know people hate him and I get why, I personally find him to be a bit to short sighted in the way he delivers his thoughts. But man his show was enjoyable for many different reasons and he did five some insight to a couple of things that I never knew or understood.

Will watch as soon as I can. Will be weird seeing it on a site that's not Gametrailers.

legacyzero

Banned
Beer's gone, btw. From siftd I mean.

Glad someone posted this. I was going to but I got carried away with Binding of Issac.
Yeah, I'm a big Pachter fan, too. Even if he's wrong I like hearing from his perspective. Good on him for doing this show, since he's not getting paid for it.

Just a heads up, from what I understand, if you make a trial account there is a problem if you upgrade to a premium subscriber and want to use that Pachter code. I think you'd have to make another account to use the code, which kinda sucks.

Beer ain't even with the show anymore. He went and started his own podcast apparently. I rather listen to him than shane any day.
Oh wow, I hadn't even known that. I just looked at the Siftd Youtube Channel and the last video before this one 5 months ago LOL

I love pachter and the way he pisses off you losers

I wouldn't say "piss" more so than "entertain"

I know he gets a lot of flack but i always enjoy watching these things, good to have you back Pach

I agree. When I would read Pachter's statements, I would roll my eyes and lol. But when I started watching him on Pacht Attack and other shows, I really enjoyed him. Listening to him talk was a lot different to me than reading what he said.

Its weird, I know. But he is obviously very smart and has a pulse on the industry. However, we just never get the good stuff that some of his clients pay for him to share. I know some of his statements in the past have been crazy. Xbox One will win September 2014 NPD when PS4 had Destiny Bundles. He never could have been more wrong. However, he does have good insight and not all of his statements are that wrong.

AHA-Lambda

I don't mind Pachter alone but him back with Satterfield and Beer?

NOPE!!

Edit: Beer left? What happened? He's like a rolling stone.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
totally miss Michael Pachter, glad he has a new show now. now if someone can revive the 1up show.

Top Bottom