• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 12, 2017

noobie

Banned
Do anyone needs number of titles of PS4 & XBO in Top 40 individual chart?
/jk

On a serious note isn't it common to have a non-numbered title of a game to have less sales? and Why EA was expecting highest sales from a non-numbered title?

tolkir

FScg6.png

Spain:
Week 12, 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 Mass Effect Andromeda - 8,500 / NEW
02 (03) PS4 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands - 3,400 / 30,000
03 (02) PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn - 3,300 / 58,000
04 (04) PS4 Lego Worlds - 3,200 / 9,000
05 (01) NSW The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 3,100 / 65,000

LTD PSVR Numbers
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition (VR compatible) - 20,000
VR Worlds - 9,000
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - 8,500
Driveclub VR - 7,200

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
FScg6.png

Spain:
Week 12, 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 Mass Effect Andromeda - 8,500 / NEW
02 (03) PS4 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands - 3,400 / 30,000
03 (02) PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn - 3,300 / 58,000
04 (04) PS4 Lego Worlds - 3,200 / 9,000
05 (01) NSW The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 3,100 / 65,000

LTD PSVR Numbers
Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition (VR compatible) - 20,000
VR Worlds - 9,000
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - 8,500
Driveclub VR - 7,200

I remember Spain was one of the countries where Switch was quite available (while still doing very well). Was that the case last week as well, or were there some shortages?

tolkir

I remember Spain was one of the countries where Switch was quite available (while still doing very well). Was that the case last week as well, or were there some shortages?

Some places have shortages (Fnac, Amazon), but on big department stores, like MediaMarkt or Carrefour, shouldn't be hard to find them.
Neon and blue consoles are more limited.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
https://ukie.org.uk/news/2017/04/‘mass-effect-andromeda’-holds-no1-second-week

EA’s ‘Mass Effect: Andromeda’ remains at No1 for a second week, equalling the 2 week consecutive run of ‘Mass Effect 2’ (‘Mass Effect 3’ only had 1 week at No1, replaced the following week by EA’s own ‘FIFA Street’. Original ‘Mass Effect’ debuted at No12).
Ubisoft’s ‘Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ remains at No2 for a second week and Warner’s ‘LEGO Worlds’ is a non-mover at No3. Debuting at No4 as the only new release within the All Formats Top 40 is Square Enix’s PS4 6 game compilation ‘Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix’. This is actually the second Kingdom Hearts PS4 release this year, after ‘Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter’ which debuted at No 3 in week 4, 2017.
In total, there have been 11 Kingdom Heart games released as boxed products in the UK and all have been single format releases, starting with the original ‘Kingdom Hearts’ for PS2 back in November 2002, which is also the top-seller in terms of units. There’s not a lot of movement in the next few chart positions, the highest climber is Ubisoft’s ‘Watch Dogs 2’, up 11 places to No17 and there are a few re-entries, such as Activision’s ‘Destiny: The Collection’ at No24 and Ubisoft’s ‘Tom Clancy Rainbow 6: Siege’ at No25.

All SKUs Top 40 after the jump.

EGM1966

So Horizon ZD launched better on one platform than Mass Effect on 3? No wonder GG and Sony are happy with reception of that title.

ME doesn't hugely surprise me TBH. ME3 did leave a bad taste in mouth of many and left the franchise with a negative perception (much as happened with AC3). Add to that the confusion of ending changing patches and DLC that seemed to be core to the plot and I think once again EA's policies to milk a franchise and expand it actually ended up hurting it.

I believe this coupled with the early negative impressions around animations blocked the title from seeing expansion this gen (which I'm sure EA was hoping for) and likely without significant improvement a ceiling of interest now exists for the franchise.

MS can't be happy seeing PS4 version selling more either although that was probably a foregone conclusion: really shows how in PAL pretty much all third party franchises (even those formerly seen as Xbox orientated franchises) have swung to favour PS4 install base.

A lot of franchises seem to be struggling to continue/grow this gen - hopefully developers and publishers realize the demand for new IP/experiences this indicates and they adjust to have a better mix of old/new vs overly leaning on a few established IP. Stagnation always sets in.

Zelda continuing to do well too although I presume it's performance is tied to availability at this point or is Switch now becoming more generally available across PAL?

CrayToes

I'm somewhat surprised that XBO is leading in the splits for some of those titles. Rocket League in particular. Always saw this as a PS title.

It was free with PS+ so a large chunk of the PS4 userbase already owns it.

Also, lol @ that Halo Wars split.

Wow, the Battlefield split is hugely in favour of XBO.

Anyone know why this is the case? The impression I'm getting is that at least for certain mutiplayer shooters, XBO is still culturally seen as the console of choice

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.

Anyone know why this is the case? The impression I'm getting is that at least for certain mutiplayer shooters, XBO is still culturally seen as the console of choice

Bundle, MS has marketing deal with BF1

Zedark

These are numbers for week 12 only, you can see that from the GTAV numbers: no way PS4 version outsold PS3 57:1 LTD. LTD, BF1 will likely be more in equilibrium, probably even in favour of PS4. Seems like a random spike for BF1 on Xbox One last week, maybe a sale or a pack-in?

Top Bottom