• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 3, 2015

Mokubba

France 2014

Pokémon Omega/Alpha: 476k
Tomodachi Life: 439k
Mario Kart 8: 346k
Super Smash Bros. 3DS: 279k

All Nintendo games: 4.5M

http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high...o-premier-vendeur-de-jeux-video-en-france.php

2014 sales [LTD]
PS4: ~860k [1100k]
XBO: 290k [416k]
WiiU: 240k [515k]

http://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/...et-si-nintendo-avait-mange-son-pain-noir.html

I think that Nintendo included the bundles sales in their numbers, which explains why MK8 isn't in the chart I posted above.

PS4 Beasting.

Also shows how third party games are helping the bone.

Xando

France 2014

http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high...o-premier-vendeur-de-jeux-video-en-france.php

2014 sales [LTD]

http://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/...et-si-nintendo-avait-mange-son-pain-noir.html

I think that Nintendo included the bundles sales in their numbers, which explains why MK8 isn't in the chart I posted above.

I wonder if France > Germany (Was at 270k at the end of november) for the XB1.

France 2014

2014 sales [LTD]

beasting !

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Surprised to see Xbox One selling that much in France. Wii U is close...I wonder how things will go next year, though, between them.

Also, anyone who knows French, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the article states that

- Tomodachi Life is still selling right now, and it's over 450,000 copies sold currently
- amiibo continue selling, with over 20,000 figurines sold...last week?

Yup.

Really happy for Ninty. France is clearly their best market in Europe. Furthermore, Philippe Lavoue seems to understand the market pretty clearly (Disney background helps), as oppose to others, such as Shelly Pearce, UK.

The UK team is an embarrassment.

What did Pokemon X&Y sell in France btw?

DrWong

Surprised to see Xbox One selling that much in France. Wii U is close...I wonder how things will go next year, though, between them.

Also, anyone who knows French, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the article states that

- Tomodachi Life is still selling right now, and it's over 450,000 copies sold currently

Right and right, 20K amiibo sold just for last week. At this rate we should have passed the 250K amiibo sold.

Also, according Lavoué Monster Hunter sell around 100K in France but they will push for MH4 with N3DS hoping for even better sales as they consider the franchise potential to be bigger than that in France.

Bruno MB

Ainsi la Wii U, que l’on disait mourante, est parvenue à se vendre à 240.000 exemplaires en 2014, soit un peu moins de la moitié de sa base installée en France, qui atteint les 515.000 unités. Elle affiche ainsi une progression de 40% en 2014 par rapport à 2013.

Wii U 2012 - 104,000 / NEW
Wii U 2013 - 171,000 / 275,000
Wii U 2014 - 240,000 / 515,000

These figures are a bit different from the previous ones which were 120,000 units sold in 2012 and 178,000 in 2013.

France 2014

2014 sales [LTD]

Damn. How does this compare to previous gens? Oh wow XB1 outsold WiiU in France in 2014.

France 2014

2014 sales [LTD]

eh what, I thought the Wii U sold slightly more than that in 2012 and 2013

I wonder if France > Germany (Was at 270k at the end of november) for the XB1.
was for the 360, was the case through 2013 for the Xbox One, extremely likely to still be the case now

I don't know reading this on wikipedia doesn't seem that bad:

It's not that the numbers are bad. They're just poor for GT standards. Based on that it information, I'm still not seeing why one would expect it to have sold 5 million. There is nothing to suggest that there.

Of course it charted highly in some countries in December, that was it's launch month. The only interesting takeaway I got from that is that it might be doing well digitally and that it didn't sell that well in the UK in 2013 either. Are there any best selling statistics in 2014 other than the ones we've already discussed?

Xbox One will easily outsell WiiU this year. It lost even last year while it had two biggest games the console will ever get (Mario Kart or Smash Bros). Xbox One will continue to get huge third party games (not to mention cross gen finally dies this year so third party software should push even more console) with some decent selling first party games like Halo.

EGOMON

It's not that the numbers are bad. They're just poor for GT standards. Based on that it information, I'm still not seeing why one would expect it to have sold 5 million. There is nothing to suggest that there.

Of course it charted highly in some countries in December, that was it's launch month. The only interesting takeaway I got from that is that it might be doing well digitally and that it didn't sell that well in the UK in 2013 either. Are there any best selling statistics in 2014 other than the ones we've already discussed?

Well yeah definitely by GT standards it did bad.
Not that i know of, our only hope is update directly from PD or at least the entire franchise sale milestones like the recent +70M mark

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Right and right, 20K amiibo sold just for last week. At this rate we should have passed the 250K amiibo sold.

Also, according Lavoué Monster Hunter sell around 100K in France but they will push for MH4 with N3DS hoping for even better sales as they consider the franchise potential to be bigger than that in France.

20,000 figurines for a January week, after having sold over 200,000 in the biggest period of the year...yeah, amiibo will keep on selling pretty well this year too.

Three

that it didn't sell that well in the UK in 2013 either. Are there any best selling statistics in 2014 other than the ones we've already discussed?

It sold very well in the UK. The chart that I posted is UK 2013. A game that released mid December outsold several major franchises released earlier and bundled with a new gen hardware launch. The idea that it sold less than LBP3 and SO is farfetched.

Yeah really doubt FH2 outsold GT6, I doubt PD will give us numbers now though, they're probably full steam ahead on GT7 (course maker aside)

It sold very well in the UK. The chart that I posted is UK 2013. A game that released mid December outsold several major franchises released earlier and bundled with a new gen hardware launch. The idea that it sold less than LBP3 and SO is farfetched.

How is it farfetched?

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/fifa_...e_uks_top_100_best-selling_games_of_2014.html

LBP3-52

Sunset Overdrive-53

GT6- 65

And it was #42 in 2013. That definitely is not very well by any stretch of the imagination especially for GT.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/16/100-best-selling-video-games-of-2013-revealed-4265929/

Three

How is it farfetched?

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/fifa_...e_uks_top_100_best-selling_games_of_2014.html

LBP3-52

Sunset Overdrive-53

GT6- 65

And it was #42 in 2013. That definitely is not very well by any stretch of the imagination especially for GT.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/16/100-best-selling-video-games-of-2013-revealed-4265929/

sure if you chop off the launch month for GT. As I said GT5 launched in 2013. 42 in 15 days of 2013 is above both LBP and SO 2014. It's crazy to assume it sold less than LBP3 and SO when it charts higher in 2013 in two weeks. Above games bundled with new hardware. I'm not saying it did better than past GTs.

sure if you chop off the launch month for GT. As I said GT5 launched in 2013. 42 in 15 days of 2013 is above both LBP and SO 2014. It's crazy to assume it sold less than LBP3 and SO when it charts higher in 2013 in two weeks. Above games bundled with new hardware. I'm not saying it did better than past GTs.
well it's a good thing he didn't say those two had a higher LTD:
The game sold worse than Sunset Overdrive and LittleBigPlanet 3 in the UK in 2014.

do you actually contest this

sure if you chop off the launch month for GT. As I said GT5 launched in 2013. 42 in 15 days of 2013 is above both LBP and SO 2014. It's crazy to assume it sold less than LBP3 and SO when it charts higher in 2013 in two weeks. Above games bundled with new hardware.
I'm not saying it did better than past GTs.

The post you quoted said it sold less than them "in 2014". Do you realize how well GT has sold in the past in comparison to 6? I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make here.

Three

The post you quoted said it sold less than them "in 2014". Do you realize how well GT has sold in the past in comparison to 6? I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make here.

I didn't quote the post. Clearly I misread it though. That was my only point. I'm not sure what your point is about how GT tends to sell. As I said I'm not talking about how well GTs usualy sell. I thought you were saying it sold less than SO and LBP. It didn't help that only a 2014 chart was posted when people were talking about launch month and LTD.

What is the sell-through figure for the Xbox One according to NPD? I am asking because now that we have the french numbers, we could have a reasonable approximation for worldwide sales...

I didn't quote the post. Clearly I misread it though. That was my only point. I'm not sure what your point is about how GT tends to sell. As I said I'm not talking about how well GTs usualy sell. I thought you were saying it sold less than SO and LBP. It didn't help that only a 2014 chart was posted when people were talking about launch month and LTD.

True, you quoted the post after that. My point is that saying it sold very well in the UK makes no sense given the series history.

Xando

~6.2m, however I'd wait for UK sales because it should be coming in soon

UK won't be more than 1.5 million so with France 416k + germany 270k we are at 2.2-2.3 million for the 3 biggest markets in europe.

6.2 million USA
2.2 million UK,GER,FR
100k China (Was it shipped?)
51k Spain
45k Japan
So combined we have the XB1 at 8.596 million with ROTW missing.

Do we have numbers for canada or other countries?

edit: Added Japan,German and Spain numbers are from november.

Hum yeah, France >>> Germany even. The XB1 was at 170k not 270k.
Huh, the latest number i found was 270k
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952678

Welfare

UK won't be more than 1.5 million so with France 416k + germany 270k we are at 2.2-2.3 million for the 3 biggest markets in europe.

6.2 million USA
2.3 million UK,GER,FR
51k Spain
So combined we have the XB1 at 8.651 million with ROTW missing.

45k in Japan, and that Spain number doesn't include December.

Mpl90

Now that I think about it, didn't we have French totals for around the first half of the year or something like that?

Raist

Banned
No it was at 270k, 170k is YTD.

IIRC the 170k figure was given when the PS4 reached 1M LTD?
I don't remember any news with the XB1 at 270k.

dit: nvm I remember now.

Now that I think about it, didn't we have French totals for around the first half of the year or something like that?

I don't recall any LTD updates since the end of 2013.
There was stuff like X Gen8 consoles sold, or Y PS4+XB1 at various points, particularly from the SELL, but nothing more detailed than this IIRC.

Sony has absolute control over Europe, I wonder if it's reasonable to say 10 million of the 18.5 PS4s sold have been done here. It's passed 1 million in France, Germany and UK which are the biggest countries in EU for console sales so maybe not but there's a lot of other countries to make the number up.

Are there any real exclusive system sellers left though? Multiplat games drive sales, probably only Halo 5 and GT7 are the exclusive games that might sell consoles here in EU. Nintendo are spent as well, the big guns have released besides Zelda.

Raist

Banned
Sony has absolute control over Europe, I wonder if it's reasonable to say 10 million of the 18.5 PS4s sold have been done here. It's passed 1 million in France, Germany and UK which are the biggest countries in EU for console sales so maybe not but there's a lot of other countries to make the number up.

Nah, no way it's anywhere near 10M in Europe. UK+FR+GER account for way more than 50% of the market.

Xando

edit: nvm forgot we got PS4 data aswell.

No way they sold 10 million in europe alone.

In that case I can't make sense of the 18.5 million number but that's for another day. :p

A worldwide breakdown would be so good but that's not gonna happen :(

Raist

Banned
In that case I can't make sense of the 18.5 million number but that's for another day. :p

A worldwide breakdown would be so good but that's not gonna happen :(

6.7M in the US
~1M in Japan
1.1M in France
>1.2M in Germany
>360k in Spain

So that's >10M in 5 out of 100 countries where the PS4 is available.

6.7M in the US
~1M in Japan
1.1M in France
>1.2M in Germany
>360k in Spain

The number of countries means shit all, the countries you mentioned make up the majority of console sales. I'm not saying Sony are lying, they can't unless they want to get fucked over like good ol' Tesco were. Just curious to see which countries outside the ones you mentioned make up the console sales.

Xando

6.7M in the US
~1M in Japan
1.1M in France
>1.2M in Germany
>360k in Spain

I'd really like to see some data from the ME. Sony said adoption is 4 times higher than any other console.

6.2 million USA
2.2 million UK,GER,FR
51k Spain
45k Japan
So combined we have the XB1 at 8.596 million with ROTW missing.

edit: Added Japan,German and Spain numbers are from november.

That sounds about right. So the Xbox One should have sold something like 10 millions (perhaps a bit less) up until the end of 2014...

Welfare

That sounds about right. So the Xbox One should have sold something like 10 millions (perhaps a bit less) up until the end of 2014...

Just entertaining the fact that the Xbox One might be below 10 million at this point is funny.

Using those countries (minus China and Japan) YTD's in 2013, they add up to 2,424,000 units sold out of the 3,000,000 sold in 2013.

That means those 5 countries (US, UK, France, Germany, and Spain) combined was 80.8% of the total sales.

Using just the last updated LTD numbers we know currently for just those 5 countries (using 1.4 million for UK right now, assuming 70k for Spain, and 330k as a minimum for Germany), assuming that ratio somehow stayed the same with an additional 29 countries, you still get over 10,000,000.

I really want to say the Xbox One is closer to 11 million than 10 million by the end of 2014.

Spiegel

Just entertaining the fact that the Xbox One might be below 10 million at this point is funny.

Using those countries (minus China and Japan) YTD's in 2013, they add up to 2,424,000 units sold out of the 3,000,000 sold in 2013.

That means those 5 countries (US, UK, France, Germany, and Spain) combined was 80.8% of the total sales.

Using just the last updated LTD numbers we know currently for just those 5 countries (using 1.4 million for UK right now, assuming 70k for Spain, and 330k as a minimum for Germany), assuming that ratio somehow stayed the same with an additional 29 countries, you still get over 10,000,000.

I really want to say the One is closer to 11 million than 10 million by the end of 2014.

US and UK had massive discounts this year, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ratio for those 5 countries is higher this year even with the additional countries.

Mpl90

IIRC the 170k figure was given when the PS4 reached 1M LTD?
I don't remember any news with the XB1 at 270k.

dit: nvm I remember now.

I don't recall any LTD updates since the end of 2013.
There was stuff like X Gen8 consoles sold, or Y PS4+XB1 at various points, particularly from the SELL, but nothing more detailed than this IIRC.

Now that I think about it, wasn't that 1,000,000 between Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One back last May, when Wii U was at 340,000?

Raist

Banned
Now that I think about it, wasn't that 1,000,000 between Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One back last May, when Wii U was at 340,000?

Yes, in the June report, which was LTD till May 2014. So 660k PS4+XB1, of which 240k PS4 and 126k XB1 were sold in 2013, leaving ~294k for Jan-May 2014.

There was also 1M Gen8 handheld+consoles sold from Jan-Sep 2014.

Overall it was just a mess and rather impossible to tell which is what, so it's good to have specific updated numbers finally.

Top Bottom