• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 31, 2011

87m2hiv.png

France:
Week 32, 2011

01 (__) [3DS] The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo)
02 (01) [WII] Zumba Fitness (Digital Bros)
03 (02) [WII] Wii Fit Plus + Wii Fit Balance Board (Nintendo)
04 (03) [PS3] Call of Duty : Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
05 (04) [NDS] Pokemon Black (Nintendo)

Loudninja

Sony: "We have to do better" in UK
“This is something we have been planning for a while,” said Ryan. “Getting to £199 is fantastic in the UK. It’s a real milestone. UK is one of the territories where we have to do better.

“Whether you approach the UK from the perspective of our momentum, or the perspective of the competitive landscape, for us the UK is more like US than continental Europe. If you look across the PAL territory, where typically we outsell our competitors by around 50 per cent on a weekly basis, it’s inverted in the UK.

“That is something we want to address.”

Ryan refused to shirk the blame for PS3’s weaker UK performance on the current state of the economy or retail’s own struggles. “It’s somewhat the case but I wouldn’t seek to lay it all at the door of those problems. We have similarly challenged economies in other territories in the world where our business is particularly vibrant.”
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-we-have-to-do-better-in-uk/083709

ntropy

electroplankton said:
This.
Monster Hunter 3 sold at least 100k in Germany alone, which is a smaller market than UK (even if not too small).
I do think Xenoblade will perform extremely well in France, the country where Dragon Quest IX had been staying at number 1 for 4 weeks.
mh3 sold >300k in germany

Jokeropia

DefectiveReject said:
Xenoblade will drop off massively this next week.
Can't buy that shit anywhere. Damned importing bastards!!!
I just found out my copy, which I ordered on release day, has been backordered. :(

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
DefectiveReject said:
It has nothing to do with importers. NoE was cautious with first shipment.

Alrus

DefectiveReject said:

It's nearly sold out at the three amazon websites and you can't import from them =)

BKK

y62gk.jpg

As if last year’s ten-year low wasn’t bad enough, this week the market value fell even further. After a six per cent week-on-week decline, the figure now stands at a worrying £9.03m.

Similarly, unit sales were down – also by six per cent – despite retail promotions and extra interest in 3DS following the price cut. 494,531 games were sold during the week ending August 20th.

http://www.mcvuk.com/digital-edition

Wasn't sure where to put this, or if it's already been posted, but...

PlayStation 3 sales have surged over 300% in NZ

PlayStation 3 sales jumped by over 300% in the week following the August 22 price drop across the 160GB and 320GB models in New Zealand.
The new recommended retail price of $479.95 for 160GB and $579.95 for 320GB model represents a saving of roughly $150 on the former recommend retail price.
“The PS3 is already the number one selling console. The new price point represents fantastic value for money as PlayStation 3 delivers full HD games, Blu-ray capability, plus music, movies, TVNZ Ondemand and more. It is the ultimate home entertainment experience,” said David Hine, Director of Sales and Marketing for Sony Computer Entertainment NZ.
The sales spike is based on official industry data from The NPD Group Australia – formerly published as GfK New Zealand data.

Just wish we had some weekly figures to go with it.

Top Bottom